Star Wars Tales of the Jedi Series

Absolutely. Can't. Wait. Glad we're finally getting to see more Bariss, but I'm honestly just as excited for Morgan's backstory. Love the Ahsoka series, so that's a big win IMO. Seems like they'll also give us a bit more on Marrok.

For a split second I almost forgot this.
main-qimg-12752cb7af2b69c5d492ebcbe8a370bd

Oops, nevermind, I think that is actually Marrok (alive), not 8th Brother.

Still, saber copter or I riot. :argh: :argh: :argh:

Can't wait. This shortform format is perfect. No way we'd get a full Barriss or Morgan show, but this way they still get to shine.

Morgan episodes are a bit of a miss, imo. Really like the first few minutes of her first episode, and there's some interesting lore stuff, but overall the three stories feel like they don't come together very well and I don't really feel like I left them knowing anything substantially new about her as a character. She still feels like something of a non-entity even with additional context.

Barriss, on the other hand... killer three episodes. Satisfyingly builds as a three part story with independent pieces and a throughline I wasn't expecting and an instant favourite piece from the Kiners in the finale.

Morgan episodes are a bit of a miss, imo. Really like the first few minutes of her first episode, and there's some interesting lore stuff, but overall the three stories feel like they don't come together very well and I don't really feel like I left them knowing anything substantially new about her as a character. She still feels like something of a non-entity even with additional context.

Barriss, on the other hand... killer three episodes. Satisfyingly builds as a three part story with independent pieces and a throughline I wasn't expecting and an instant favourite piece from the Kiners in the finale.
Not really surprising per my comments above, but I did feel the Morgan episodes were more satisfying. The Barriss episodes felt a bit more predictable and I wish it wasn't as open-ended. Given that we have no idea if/when she'll be back. Also a bit sad we only got the briefest glimpse of Marrok, Vader, and the inquisitor from Tales of the Jedi. Generally characters losing themselves to the darkness and finding their way back is something we've seen a lot. I kinda like that we left Morgan in a dark place instead. This show makes her story all the more tragic and I think that's why I ultimately like it a bit more. Nitpicks aside though, I did really enjoy both. Like I said before, this format is perfect for telling Star Wars stories.

Interesting little tidbit from the Brazilian dub on Twitter. Barriss sends the family to her 'amiga'. Female friend. Obviously, we can guess who that might be. I forget if it said 'she' in the English version as well.

Last edited:
Not really surprising per my comments above, but I did feel the Morgan episodes were more satisfying. The Barriss episodes felt a bit more predictable and I wish it wasn't as open-ended. Given that we have no idea if/when she'll be back. Also a bit sad we only got the briefest glimpse of Marrok, Vader, and the inquisitor from Tales of the Jedi. Generally characters losing themselves to the darkness and finding their way back is something we've seen a lot. I kinda like that we left Morgan in a dark place instead. This show makes her story all the more tragic and I think that's why I ultimately like it a bit more. Nitpicks aside though, I did really enjoy both. Like I said before, this format is perfect for telling Star Wars stories.

Interesting little tidbit from the Brazilian dub on Twitter. Barriss sends the family to her 'amiga'. Female friend. Obviously, we can guess who that might be. I forget if it said 'she' in the English version as well.
Yeah, they use she in English as well.

I have no issue with her being left in a dark place, to be clear. But I came away feeling like I could have gotten as much out of reading the information given on a wiki article as watching it. I felt like there could be something there, but the moments used to tell the story felt like they never quite meshed right. That's my take, of course. I'm glad you enjoyed it.

Yeah, they use she in English as well.

I have no issue with her being left in a dark place, to be clear. But I came away feeling like I could have gotten as much out of reading the information given on a wiki article as watching it. I felt like there could be something there, but the moments used to tell the story felt like they never quite meshed right. That's my take, of course. I'm glad you enjoyed it.
Fair on both accounts. Honestly, both stories didn't really surprise me with the direction they went in. Either could've been just covered by exposition in other shows. Hell, I guess a lot of the Morgan stuff was already covered through exposition. Seeing it hits different though. I'm glad these characters got some love. Now we just need Baylan, Shin, Maz, and Ventress episodes. :beaming:

Fair on both accounts. Honestly, both stories didn't really surprise me with the direction they went in. Either could've been just covered by exposition in other shows. Hell, I guess a lot of the Morgan stuff was already covered through exposition. Seeing it hits different though. I'm glad these characters got some love. Now we just need Baylan, Shin, Maz, and Ventress episodes. :beaming:
Baylan and Shin would be cool, as I liked their vibes but felt like they didn't really get much to do on Ahsoka. Would be a great opportunity to expand on their history.

Eli Vanto fans keep losing, huh

Nice little batch of episodes. Morgan's didn't have much to do with the Empire, but eh. Interesting bits, sure, for a character I don't think they ever expected to expand on. Bariss's episodes were better, but I feel there was a slight disconnect between 1 and 2.

No saber copter, 0/10 series.

I saw some people complain about Morgan's involvement with the Tie-Defender project. This is the woman who owns a shipyard, a fully custom golden starship, and created the Eye of Scion. I didn't think that was really a stretch. If anything, the Tie-Defender stuff properly highlights that part of her character. Plus, it neatly ties her in with Thrawn and the story of Rebels. Maybe I'm biased, but I really liked that.

The first episode had me interested, but over the course of episodes, I just lost interest in what was going on honestly. Which is a shame, I hold Tales of the Jedi as top tier Disney Star Wars. This just doesn't even compare for me.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Francuz231
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"