New Star Wars sitcom to be Return of the Jedi sequel?

Sitcom... I don't understand. Am I going to see Han walk into the Solo household to a laugh track? I just don't get it...
Yeah he'll be like an Al Bundy complaining about Leia as Peg Bundy.

I hate it when new shows get in development but it takes them 3 to 4 years to actually get them made.

'sitcom' is a classification that is very broad though. It doesn't necessarily mean comedy proper. It mostly means irony... which doesn't have to outright, laugh track style, comedy.

Are you sure it doesn't mean comedy proper? I mean, even without the laugh track, shows I love like Arrested Development or The Office are pretty far past 'ironic.' They do their fair share of absurdist humor, for instance.

Perhaps it's a short coming, but I can't imagine anyone doing that for Star Wars. Leia and Han are quick on their feet, and there's more than enough physical and confusion comedy to be found with the droids, but I can't see someone writing that day in and day out.

The other thing about sitcoms is that they, generally, revolve around a single set or location. Even if we make that location the Millenium Falcon (which come to think of it, could be pretty fun), you're removing focus on the adventure and epicness of Star Wars.

And then it's in CG, and cartoon sitcoms aren't all that serious, are they? It just seems like an absurd project, either that or very daring. It's hard to imagine them pulling it off.

Are you sure it doesn't mean comedy proper? I mean, even without the laugh track, shows I love like Arrested Development or The Office are pretty far past 'ironic.' They do their fair share of absurdist humor, for instance.

Perhaps it's a short coming, but I can't imagine anyone doing that for Star Wars. Leia and Han are quick on their feet, and there's more than enough physical and confusion comedy to be found with the droids, but I can't see someone writing that day in and day out.

The other thing about sitcoms is that they, generally, revolve around a single set or location. Even if we make that location the Millenium Falcon (which come to think of it, could be pretty fun), you're removing focus on the adventure and epicness of Star Wars.

And then it's in CG, and cartoon sitcoms aren't all that serious, are they? It just seems like an absurd project, either that or very daring. It's hard to imagine them pulling it off.

I have to agree with this. And while it would be great to see Leia, Han and Luke again...this concept just does not interest me.

How I met your Jedi
Everyone hates Chewie
Its always sunny on Tatooine
Lando in the middle
Curb your Midichlorians
The Imperial Office

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"