• We experienced a brief downtime due to a Xenforo server configuration update. This was an attempt to limit bot traffic. They have rolled back and the site is now operating normally. Apologies for the inconvinience.

New Wolverine Screenwriter

DarkSuperman

Sidekick
Reaction score
New Wolverine Screenwriter
IGN has heard a Hitman's been hired.
by Stax

September 28, 2007 - IGN has learned from a reliable source that screenwriter Skip Woods has been brought in to revise David Benioff's screenplay for Wolverine.

The Fox brass are said to be high on Woods' work on the forthcoming game-to-film Hitman and have tapped the scribe to rewrite their X-Men spin-off. Our source added that Woods' draft will amount to "more than a polish" of the existing screenplay.

Woods also scripted Swordfish starring Hugh Jackman, who also stars in and produces Wolverine. The Gavin Hood-directed superhero film reportedly chronicles Logan's adventures prior to joining the X-Men.

Filming gets under way this November in Australia for a 2008 release.

http://movies.ign.com/articles/823/823830p1.html

That sucks considering I heard that the script was one of the best ever written for a comic book film. Seems like Wolverine is headed downhill. Hope it doesn't turn into X3 all over again. :csad:

That sucks considering I heard that the script was one of the best ever written for a comic book film. Seems like Wolverine is headed downhill. Hope it doesn't turn into X3 all over again. :csad:

Did you just compare Hood to Ratner?

Wow, hows about you actually think about typing that. They have an oscar caliber director, an oscar caliber star, and what was supposed to be a "decent" script. They wanted to go in a different direction.

BTW, Latino Review, the site that reviewed the script, gives about 99% of scripts an "A". Dont really read their reviews.

OK, so, why no "Wolverine" forum yet? We have the director mentioning a possible shooting location for THE SEQUEL! Why can't this film have its own forum?

Edit: Apparently I just need to look hard enough. But another question; Why have "Wolverine" under the X-Men forum? I mean, it's not really a "sequel," although it is in the same continuity...

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hannnnman
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"