Tyler Mane Talks Wolverine

I never had a problem with Tyler Mane in the role, I just had a problem with how they wrote his character. He was shown as some dumb lackey who could barely string a sentence together.

Where was the sick, sadistic Sabretooth we all know and er.....love eh?
This is pretty much how I felt. I like Tyler well enough --- "Scream for me..." -- but he simply wasn't bad ass enough. Victor Creed is a serious dude.

DAMN IT! I've messaged Tyler through Myspace as well and this is his reply;

Subject: RE: IMDB Claim
Body:
That rumor is true Paul! I would have loved the opportunity to revisit Sabertooth, but it won't be me!

Tyler out

Tyler out
----------------- Original Message -----------------
Date: Oct 21, 2007 1:47 PM

Dear Tyler,

Someone on IMDB is claiming that you've said to him that you won't be returning as Sabretooth in the Wolverine movie because the studio wanted something different. Could you confirm this? I loved your role so I would be bummed if you're not returning.

Best regards,

Paul

As I've said - it's a shame if Tyler doesnt get a chance to return and further develop the character.

Having said that, It does mean that the door is open for Clancy Brown to take the role. ;)

Kurgan vs. Logan - let's go!!!

Change of forum name, eh?

Anyway, I'll be upset if Mane doesn't get a chance to come back. :(

I would be disappointed if it's true, Thanks for the info Pauluz.

Hi all. I was able ask Mane a few questions during the black carpet of the Scream Awards. It was pretty unorganized there, so people were sort of getting rushed past reporters. He was able to answer a few though, with my first being about Wolverine. That imdb poster is correct, he said that that Fox has gone in a different direction. I told him that it's a bummer, but at least he has become another icon in Michael Myers. He talked to me about his favorite kills from Halloween, which was pretty cool.

Huh. Well that does blow. I hope the new guy they get is fantastic then. They're probably gonna go after their original choice of Kevin Nash. All he'd have to do is play himself pretty much.

If not him then there are still plenty of tall wrestlers with enough personality and acting skill for Sabretooth. Loud, obnoxious, full of himself. Yeah, I think if there's any comic book character tailor made to be played by a professional wrestler it's Sabretooth.

DAMN IT! I've messaged Tyler through Myspace as well and this is his reply;
Hi all. I was able ask Mane a few questions during the black carpet of the Scream Awards. It was pretty unorganized there, so people were sort of getting rushed past reporters. He was able to answer a few though, with my first being about Wolverine. That imdb poster is correct, he said that that Fox has gone in a different direction. I told him that it's a bummer, but at least he has become another icon in Michael Myers. He talked to me about his favorite kills from Halloween, which was pretty cool.
Thanks Pauluz and aliceinchains.:up: At least we know it's true now. *sigh*

Someone should send this into the hype mainpage.

So no Brian Cox, no Tyler Mane.... only Hugh Jackman... bah

If Mane is out, then that's a dick move on Jackman's part. Both of them started out as nobodies in X1, now Jackman's basically running the show, so if he wanted Mane for Sabes he would be it. Way to forget about your friends from before you became a star.

I hate the idea of anyone other than Mane playing the part. He did great with what he was given in X1. "Scream for me"--awesome. Not to mention he has the ideal physique and face. I think the prsothetics they put on him in X1 actually made him look worse for the part than he naturally does.

And if we get a repeat of X3, where the damn Juggernaut barely had an inch on 6'3" Wolverine, because they replaced 6'11" Mane w/ some guy who's Hugh's height, then that will suck tremendously.

I doubt it was Jackman's idea to ditch Mane. He wouldn't have control over the cast. But let's face it, while Tyler was good as Sabes, he doesn't have Jackman's acting talent overall. They are going to care more about keeping Jackman in the lead than they are about who plays sabes.

I doubt it was Jackman's idea to ditch Mane. He wouldn't have control over the cast. But let's face it, while Tyler was good as Sabes, he doesn't have Jackman's acting talent overall. They are going to care more about keeping Jackman in the lead than they are about who plays sabes.

Given Jackman's present status, if he truly wanted Mane, the studio/director would allow it. He is a big star now, he is also producing the movie, and he was actively involved in selecting the screenwriter and director for what really is his project.

I don't see why they wouldn't want Mane anyway, seeing as how he just gained recognition after Halloween.

Thanks Pauluz and aliceinchains.:up: At least we know it's true now. *sigh*

Someone should send this into the hype mainpage.

No prob on the information, please don't use me as a source though. I'd rather stay anonymous.

Well, I was hoping Mane would reprise his role (as least for continuity's sake). I also liked that he and Jackman shared about the same physical disparity as Sabretooth and Wolverine. If he must be replaced, I hope they get a good actor.

So now Jackman is 6'3"? Man this dude just keeps growing...

Well, I was hoping Mane would reprise his role (as least for continuity's sake). I also liked that he and Jackman shared about the same physical disparity as Sabretooth and Wolverine. If he must be replaced, I hope they get a good actor.
I thought you hate tyler :huh:

I thought you hate tyler :huh:

I don't hate Mane at all. The Actors Elimination is just a game, and Mane just happens to be who I'm voting against in this particular round. It isn't representative of how I feel about the guy or his role as Sabretooth. I'm fine with Mane and his portrayal of the character.

So no Brian Cox, no Tyler Mane.... only Hugh Jackman... bah
Yeah, "only" Hugh Jackman...the actor who actually plays Wolverine, which is by the way the main character of a movie called "Wolverine".

:whatever:

Yeah but with a totally new supporting cast though. Oh well. It makes sense.

See, I couldn't care less for Tyler. The guy isn't an actor, and if Victor is going to be a major player in it, they need a real actor. Brian Cox I really wanted back, the guy was wonderful in X2, I was dreaming to see him in "Wolverine"...but we all know the technical difficulties of making an actor look younger for such a long period of time, so it can be accepted.
The one important actor is really Hugh, so to say "bah...only Hugh Jackman" is stretching the dissatisfaction a bit, isn't it?

Not necessarily. Everyone has their favorites.

See, I couldn't care less for Tyler. The guy isn't an actor, and if Victor is going to be a major player in it, they need a real actor. Brian Cox I really wanted back, the guy was wonderful in X2, I was dreaming to see him in "Wolverine"...but we all know the technical difficulties of making an actor look younger for such a long period of time, so it can be accepted.
The one important actor is really Hugh, so to say "bah...only Hugh Jackman" is stretching the dissatisfaction a bit, isn't it?

Not really. People just want continuity so having Tyler Mane back as Sabretooth would help quite a lot. Recasting Sabretooth is like (to a much lesser extent) recasting Wolverine. They both have the same attributes and there's no reason that either of them should look any different from the way that they do now.

Oh well. As long as the actor is good and 6'10 and not Brad Garrett I'm okay.

If Sabretooth isn't significantly more massive than Wolverine, then it takes away a great deal from their dynamic. Unfortunately Jackman is tall, and no matter how good of an actor you are, you can't act seven-foot. Camera angles can only do so much, and are useless for full-body shots. Juggernaut looked pathetic in X3 because they went with a "real" actor, and I don't want a repeat of that.

I liked Juggernaut actually. They just really had to emphasize that his power is what was responsible for the destruction and not his sheer mass. He tore through Wolverine pretty good...I think I'll watch the trilogy tomorrow.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
paulsantiagoolg
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"