Tyler Mane Talks Wolverine

narrows101

Reaction score
http://movies.ign.com/articles/808/808840p1.html?RSSwhen2007-07-27_174500&RSSid=808840

SDCC 07: Mane Talks WolverineWill he reprise his role as Sabretooth for the spinoff?
by Stax

July 27, 2007 - IGN had the chance to speak with wrestler-turned-actor Tyler Mane today at Comic-Con where we asked him about the possibility of his reprising the role of the villainous Sabretooth in Fox's planned Wolverine solo flick.

"I have no idea what they're planning," Mane began. "The actors are the last to know and hear about that. Who knows what the writers have [cooked up]. We'll see."

Mane is well aware of the past history shared by his X-Men character and that of Wolverine, played by Hugh Jackman. "Yeah, the whole backstory about possibly being (Wolverine's) father, and Sabretooth having adamantium. I know. I researched it when I did (X-Men in 2000)."

Mane is definitely game for another shot at playing Victor Creed. "I would love to. I would love to bring Sabretooth back to the screen. There's just so much more that I'd love to do with him."

Wolverine will begin filming this fall under the direction of Gavin Hood.

There's also a video interview where he's talking about his new movie HALLOWEEN but at the very end the reporter asks him about WOLVERINE.

http://www.latinoreview.com/news.php?id=2503

Thanks, narrows :up: I'd love for them to ask him back. Good to know he'd be interesting.

Great find. Good to know he wants to return to the role.

I didn't really care for the way he was portrayed in X1. If he comes back, hopefully they'll beef him up and show it!

I hope he comes back. cause I thoght he was pretty good in x1. and now he says that there is so much more he'd bring to the character. so i think he would do a good job in wolverine.

How many lines did Mane have again in X1? There was the "They knew..." I think that's about it... let's not kid ourselves people... while I think he'd do a decent job... the guy simply can't act

How many lines did Mane have again in X1? There was the "They knew..." I think that's about it... let's not kid ourselves people... while I think he'd do a decent job... the guy simply can't act

How could you forget the chilling "Scream for me....." line? :woot:

Just because he wasnt given lines in X-Men doesnt mean he cant act.

Yeah, I think he'll do great as Sabretooth but we'll have to wait & see. I have faith in him though. This movie is going to be great, mark my words.

^I thought he was good in X1 and would like to see him reprise the role again. I have seen him in other things since and he's not that bad an actor.

I wanted him to talk more in X1. I thought he was too 1 dimensional. Hopefully if he's in Wolverine Movie they can have Sabretooth be a lot more kick ass.

I wouldnt mind seeing Mane have another go at Sabretooth, just the character definately needs to be reinterpreted/revamped for a Wolverine film. We already saw the basic mutant henchman role. Which left much to be desired.

Not sure but wouldn't doubt it. They look alot alike lol

I vaguely remember reading years ago that Kevin Nash was at first considered. That's why I asked. Interesting enough, Nash and Mane were a tag team once upon a time. Long before the Outsiders of course. ;)

Sabretooth isn't the most complicated role, and IMO Mane was decent enough. I'd like him in mainly for continuity's sake.

I would prefer another actorin the role. Someone who can portray dramatic roles, but if he comes back as sabertooth I hope they change his look from the singer movies and make him look like the malicious,cunning, and fierce character he is while maintaining his animalistic look instead of being the semi ******ed,growling dog he was in X-1. That was awful, change his outfit change those ridiculous eyebrows and his eyes too(his eyes have to be intimidating and he should have a penetrating gaze) Make him look like the intelligent cynical and and sadistic bastard he really is and then I won't mind mane coming back for the role. as long as he can deliver the dialogue in a natural fashion and portray the sadistic nature of the character.

I really hope that Mane returns as Sabretooth. I want a lot of action between Wolverine & Sabretooth.

As long as ''WOLVERINE'S SUPER BIG FUN FEST ALONE THIS TIME WITHOUT THE X-MEN, THO WHO WERE THEY REALLY" doesn't get in the way of Halloween 2. I'm okay with him being back in the movies. :up:

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
paulsantiagoolg
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"