• We experienced a brief downtime due to a Xenforo server configuration update. This was an attempt to limit bot traffic. They have rolled back and the site is now operating normally. Apologies for the inconvinience.

Tyler Mane won't be back as Sabretooth.

It's too bad that Tyler Mane won't be returning in this movie, he was great as Sabretooth in X1 & it would've been great to have seen him reprise the role.

I hope Gavin Hood doesn't just look for a buffed up 6'8+ wrestler. The actor who is to play Sabertooth can be 5'10 for all I care, I just hope he'll be a good actor and besides they can always adjust his height to make him seem like a giant using filming techniques...anyone seen Lord of the Rings?...yeah, none of those hobits or dwarves were that short

How about those insane Hobbit fight scenes where they would beat each other inches away from death--oh wait--that never happened.

Can't use tricks for everything. Even the Hobbits had midgit and child stunt doubles which are just distracting to me. Stunt doubles are always a distraction imo. I like when it's really the two actors going at it. There's only so much that camera tricks can do. Especially with a guy like Hugh Jackman. If that were the case we could have easily had a 5'3 Wolverine for the X-movies.

badassunder.jpg

This dude has one GIANT forehead!!!

As long as they can act it's not such a bad thing and on the plus side most of the time they already have the looks.

The Undertaker/Mark Calaway SHOULD NOT be cast as Sabretooth for this movie, he'd look out of place. I think that the director should've stuck with Tyler Mane, it was a stupid decision not to bring him back.

Out of place how? Not like he'd come in wearing a black trenchcoat, eyeliner and a big black hat.

I know that but I don't see him in the role. I think he's only being posted in the thread because his height ranges from 6'8-6'10. I'd prefer someone else who could be shorter in the 6'2'-6'4 height range. He's my favorite wrestler & is one of my idols so if he got casted I wouldn't be mad but as of now I just don't see him as Sabretooth.

The Undertaker/Mark Calaway SHOULD NOT be cast as Sabretooth for this movie, he'd look out of place. I think that the director should've stuck with Tyler Mane, it was a stupid decision not to bring him back.

I would say Tyler Mane was a horrible Sabretooth, but I felt it was more the writing than his acting. They wrote Sabretooth like he was just some ******ed muscle that Magneto had. I wouldn't mind Tyler Mane back if they actually wrote him as intelligent, strategic and vicious, not like a 30yr old newborn who doesn't know ****.

That was the main reason I wanted Tyler Mane back, we didn't get to see much of him & he was somewhat written the wrong way. I did a lot of research on Sabretooth as he's my favorite Wolverine/X-Men villain & I thought he could've had a much bigger role in the X1 movie.

Sabretooth is practically tailor made for a wrestler anyway. Big, arrogant, loud, obnoxious, mysogonistic, and all around testosterone driven jackass...And he's my favorite Marvel character. :woot: I'd love to see Calaway throwing around Jackman and refering to him as "boy" and "runt". Vegeta, since you're a fan you should know what I'm talking about. The American Badass days when he had the short hair and played the bad guy. That's the version I want to see as Sabretooth.

Nah, I think he should stick to the comic book version but he could bring a bit of reality into it. I don't know if you meant it or not but the last thing we need is giving Marvel the idea that they should turn a really badass villain into some sort of biker. I don't mind giving the role to Calaway but let him portray it closer to the incarnation from the original comics with a few tweaks to make him cooler or better so that he isn't lame on film.

Oh god no. I meant his personality is very similar to Sabretooth's. Not the characters.

Well, I think he could pull it off but I was just saying he probably shouldn't do it. But if he is cast, I have total faith in him, afterall, he is my favorite wrestler & is the very best so I expect nothing but the best from him in anything he does.

I thought tyler mane would of been great, im sure he was told to actor the way he did in X1. He played an amazing michael myers with no dialougue whatsoever. Im sure he could play a badass Sabretooth if thats what they wanted. Hopefully they get a guy with his size atleast.

should've brought Mane back. he's amazing at communicating with body language, and i thought he managed to bring a little bit to Sabretooth that was more than just a henchman. "Scream for me"

Funny how everyone hoped for a big huge wrestler or Mane for Sabre, then they cast Liev. :csad:

Yeah, that one's a bit...what? :huh:

13_liev_lgl.jpg

...I...guess I can see it. They're gonna need a good special effects team. I hope they're going with short haired Creed because Shreiber can really pull that one off, I'm sure.

Yeah, that one's a bit...what? :huh:

13_liev_lgl.jpg

...I...guess I can see it. They're gonna need a good special effects team. I hope they're going with short haired Creed because Shreiber can really pull that one off, I'm sure.

I can see it too. :up:

Liev is an excellent actor - he won a Tony Award on Broadway. I read somewhere that Sabertooth is going to have about the same amount of screentime in the movie as Wolverine, so I guess they wanted someone who could deliver lines. I bet Hugh had a hand in this since he and Liev are friends and have worked together before and he's a producer - plus it doesn't hurt that girlfriend Naomi Watts is from Australia.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"