NFL - Game On

When the NFL suspends people indefinitely for smoking weed and gives a person who has committed sexual assault on multiple occasions an 11 game suspension, something is very very wrong. For the purposes of the suspension, he was found to be guilty. The NFL isn’t part of the criminal justice system, but their house needs some serious cleaning.

When the NFL suspends people indefinitely for smoking weed and gives a person who has committed sexual assault on multiple occasions an 11 game suspension, something is very very wrong. For the purposes of the suspension, he was found to be guilty. The NFL isn’t part of the criminal justice system, but their house needs some serious cleaning.

People are comparing completely unrelated punishments for gambling, ped use, substance abuse and personal conduct policies?

Thats pretty funny.

Whelp, my team is gonna absolutely suck this. Wishing the best of luck to the players and hoping a lot of the young guys development isn't totally stunted to the point of no recovery, but I have no faith in this coaching staff and want it completely wiped by the end of the year. It's going to take a miracle for them to be good. Offense isn't talented enough to carry the absolute debauchery that is Matt Patrica and Joe Judge. Praying for Jones who doesn't look comfortable and is showing signs of regression. Absolutely stupid decision to change the offense on the kid in his second year, bad teams do that. 7-10 if they're lucky.

Chargers fan this year.

Whelp, my team is gonna absolutely suck this. Wishing the best of luck to the players and hoping a lot of the young guys development isn't totally stunted to the point of no recovery, but I have no faith in this coaching staff and want it completely wiped by the end of the year. It's going to take a miracle for them to be good. Offense isn't talented enough to carry the absolute debauchery that is Matt Patrica and Joe Judge. Praying for Jones who doesn't look comfortable and is showing signs of regression. Absolutely stupid decision to change the offense on the kid in his second year, bad teams do that. 7-10 if they're lucky.

Chargers fan this year.

You're talking about the Patriots, right? I think the Fish and the Jets surpass them this year. Credit to Belicheck, he has been doing it with smoke and mirrors for so long, but eventually a lack of raw talent is going to be exposed. Silver lining is I like Jones and I think NE is set at that position.

You're talking about the Patriots, right? I think the Fish and the Jets surpass them this year. Credit to Belicheck, he has been doing it with smoke and mirrors for so long, but eventually a lack of raw talent is going to be exposed. Silver lining is I like Jones and I think NE is set at that position.

I think that's entirely possible. If that happens, I think even Bill's job could be on the line and I'd be fine with that. He's an easy person to dislike.

Now why would you do that to yourself? The Chargers will choke as they always do despite Herbert's best efforts
It's primarily a Herbert thing. I love the kid, I think he's an absolute stud. Probably my favorite amongst the young guys. If the head coach can actually piece it together that constantly going on it on fourth down, with the improvements on defense they should be really good. All comes down to Stately getting his head out of his ass though.

It's primarily a Herbert thing. I love the kid, I think he's an absolute stud. Probably my favorite amongst the young guys. If the head coach can actually piece it together that constantly going on it on fourth down, with the improvements on defense they should be really good. All comes down to Stately getting his head out of his ass though.

Mine too. I think I would take him "just" above Burrow, but either works. Herbert just has that attitude and swagger you need. He literally thinks he can complete ANY pass. That can be a minus at times, but as he grows, he's gonna be even more trouble for a lot of defenses.

My Raider Fan Bias aside, I do think when Bill lost Josh to LV, he lost a vital cog in Mac Jones development as a QB.
I never put my Raider bias aside, but hadn't really thought about the impact of Josh leaving on Jones.

Hey, at least the Pats have Matt Patricia. That could propel them past the Bills. :funny:

He is a devoted Christian by all accounts. So not all that bad.

But he was a special athlete. Only he and Bo Jackson had the distinction of excelling at two professional sports.

i was going to mention Brian Jordan but you said excelling, and he wasn't on par with those two, but he was still pretty good at both

Lets not be confused here. Belicheck MADE Brady, not the other way around. Brady was a 6th round draft pick, for pete's sake.

Bill has a LOSING record as a head coach without Brady.

The only thing he MADE was the illusion that he was responsible for the Patriots dynasty. :funny:

It was Brady. It was always Brady.

WRT the Belichick/Brady stuff, both helped each other. Brady was clearly underrated in the draft. That's a given. When Bledsoe was in there, they were clearly an inferior team compared to when Brady was on the field. That being said, Bill's teams were always better prepared than just about anyone else and won a lot of games because of it. Bill surrounded himself with people who knew their jobs and were very good at them. I don't think it's a question of who made whom. You can't have a fire without heat AND fuel (and oxygen to be fair LOL) and neither is completely responsible tor the results.

I'm stunned to see the big sports media outlets (ESPN, Sporting News) picking the Ravens to win the AFCN over the Bengals. I understand the Ravens had a very good draft, but its going to take a while for those rookies to gel. In the meantime, they did not look very impressive last year. The Bengals, by contrast, went to the Super Bowl with a sieve for an offensive line. With the impressive acquisitions they made during free agency this off season, their offensive line went from a liability to an asset, making their already stacked offense a thing to behold.

Here's how I see the AFC shaping up:
Division winners: (seedings in order):
1. Bills: clearly the class of the conference with a surprisingly easy schedule.
2. Bengals: vastly improved O-line, play in a relatively easy division.
3. Chargers: possibly the best team in the Conference but they play in the division from hell.
4. Colts: claim the division mostly because Ryan Tannehill sucks.
WC
5. Chiefs
6. Ravens
7. Titans

Lets not be confused here. Belicheck MADE Brady, not the other way around. Brady was a 6th round draft pick, for pete's sake.

Both Brady and Peyton Manning attribute there offensive mastery to having Brilliant Defensive Head Coaches to teach them what they would do to them an invaluable asset and Brady had that for 20 yrs

so yes Belechick was a HUGE FACTOR in Brady being as cerebral as he is

Last edited:
17-16, 0-1 in the playoffs
Not great, but surprisingly better considering the lack of talent

Also, his losing record as a head coach with the Browns and he started off with the Patriots 5-11 and 0-2 before Bledsoe got hurt and Brady fell into his lap. Brady basically saved his job and made him who he was.

Also, lack of talent is Bill's fault. He's also the GM. He buys the groceries. He spent a record number in free agency last year, trying to rebuild his roster. If his team is depleted of talent, that's on HIM.

My Predictions

AFC

1. Bills (East)

2. Chargers (West)

3. Bengals (North)

4. Colts (South)

5. Chiefs (WC)

6. Raiders (WC)

7. Broncos (WC)

NFC

1. Packers (North)

2. Buccaneers (South)

3. Rams (West)

4. Eagles (East)

5. Vikings (WC)

6. Cardinals (WC)

7. Niners (WC)

Wild Card

Chiefs def Colts

Bengals def Raiders

Chargers def Broncos

Vikings def Eagles

Rams def Cardinals

49ers def Buccaneers

Divisional

Chargers def Bengals

Bills def Chiefs

Packers def 49ers

Rams def Vikings

Conference

Bills def Chargers

Packers def Rams

Super Bowl LVII

Bills def Packers

Other Predictions

MVP – Josh Allen

OPOTY – Nick Chubb

DPOTY – TJ Watt

OROTY – George Pickens

DROTY – Aidan Hutchinson

Coach Of The Year – Brandon Staley

Also, his losing record as a head coach with the Browns and he started off with the Patriots 5-11 and 0-2 before Bledsoe got hurt and Brady fell into his lap. Brady basically saved his job and made him who he was.

Also, lack of talent is Bill's fault. He's also the GM. He buys the groceries. He spent a record number in free agency last year, trying to rebuild his roster. If his team is depleted of talent, that's on HIM.
I don't see ALL of your Western division picks. Each team has 6 very, very tough games not to mention their regular season games. I'd give the Ravens a better chance than 1 of those teams because their division, while tough, isn't as tough and those 2 (just about) gimme games against the Steelers, means a lot in a 17 game season. The AFC West is gonna be an absolute blood bath.

To be fair, I haven't checked out the strength of the other games outside the division.

I don't see ALL of your Western division picks. Each team has 6 very, very tough games not to mention their regular season games. I'd give the Ravens a better chance than 1 of those teams because their division, while tough, isn't as tough and those 2 (just about) gimme games against the Steelers, means a lot in a 17 game season. The AFC West is gonna be an absolute blood bath.

To be fair, I haven't checked out the strength of the other games outside the division.

I agree, no way do all four AFC Western teams make the playoffs, given that they play each other twice. One or two of the "tweener" teams like Ravens, Dolphins or Titans will find a way to sneak in based on an easier schedule alone.

(and BTW the Browns games are probably gimme games as well in the AFCN).

I agree, no way do all four AFC Western teams make the playoffs, given that they play each other twice. One or two of the "tweener" teams like Ravens, Dolphins or Titans will find a way to sneak in based on an easier schedule alone.

(and BTW the Browns games are probably gimme games as well in the AFCN).
The first one without Watson for sure and it may take a bit for them to jell when he does get back. I like the Ravens over the fish or Titans/Colts

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
iamjonahlobe
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"