• Secure your account

A friendly reminder to our users, please make sure your account is safe. Make sure you update your password and have an active email address to recover or change your password.

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

NFL Offseason (Free Agency, Draft and Trades)

Eagles about to have an A+ first round. Nolan Smith still available.

Philly didn't just hit a HR, they hit a grand slam. All must bow before Howie Roseman!

Will Levis was not taken in the first round, which might be good for him....also, he's going to be Matthew Stafford's backup in his rookie year isn't he?

Philly didn't just hit a HR, they hit a grand slam. All must bow before Howie Roseman!
Bowing bothers my back, but if you got Carter and Smith, you didn't hurt your D Line. Philly's looking ugly up front.

Will Levis was not taken in the first round, which might be good for him....also, he's going to be Matthew Stafford's backup in his rookie year isn't he?
Levis musta bombed like a B-2 in his interviews. I hope the Raiders can get Hooker in R2. He might actually go to LA. I didn't see any way that both Levis and Hooker made it to round 2, but, fortunately, I'm not an NFL GM.

Last edited:
Levis musta bombed like a B-2 in his interviews. I hope the Raiders can get Hooker in R2. He might actually go to LA. I didn't see any way that neither Levis or Hooker made it to round 2, but, fortunately, I'm not an NFL GM.

Levis feels like a Sean McVay type guy. Also, Stafford is the only QB signed and they didn't go after anyone in free agency or even tried to re-sign John Wofford or Bryce Perkins, both of whom sucked when filling in for Stafford last season.

Levis feels like a Sean McVay type guy. Also, Stafford is the only QB signed and they didn't go after anyone in free agency or even tried to re-sign John Wofford or Bryce Perkins, both of whom sucked when filling in for Stafford last season.
Some people had Levis going #2; which seemed crazy to me, but I never thought he'd fall to round 2. Of the teams that had 2 #1s, Philly and Seattle seemed to really help themselves. Houston payed a dear price to move up for Anderson and the Lions, I think, kinda whiffed.

The Rams and Raiders both need long term solutions at QB and both have a shot at fixing that.

Some people had Levis going #2; which seemed crazy to me, but I never thought he'd fall to round 2. Of the teams that had 2 #1s, Philly and Seattle seemed to really help themselves. Houston payed a dear price to move up for Anderson and the Lions, I think, kinda whiffed.

The Rams and Raiders both need long term solutions at QB and both have a shot at fixing that.

The Rams are at 36, the Raiders are at 38

The Rams are at 36, the Raiders are at 38
Everyone before the Rams (Steelers, Cards, maybe Lions, and Colts) don't seem likely to pick QB, but I could see someone trading up or Seattle (who picks right before the Raiders) taking someone to study under Smith. I think it's pretty much a certainty that the Rams go QB.

That was one of the most entertaining first rounds in recent memory. Blockbuster trades, baffling mistakes (Lions, Jets), dazzling victories (Eagles, Seahawks). And like some of you mentioned, still a wealth of talent to be had in the second round.

Everyone before the Rams (Steelers, Cards, maybe Lions, and Colts) don't seem likely to pick QB, but I could see someone trading up or Seattle (who picks right before the Raiders) taking someone to study under Smith. I think it's pretty much a certainty that the Rams go QB.

I looked at the list and.....

- Steelers have Kenny Pickett
- Cardinals have Kyler Murray and Colt McCoy can hold the fort down until he comes back.
- Lions is a maybe, but Jared Goff had a really good season. If he can have another really good season, he'll get a massive contract extension and he's only 28. There were reports of them being interested in Teddy Bridgewater.
- Colts just drafted Anthony Richardson

I looked at the list and.....

- Steelers have Kenny Pickett
- Cardinals have Kyler Murray and Colt McCoy can hold the fort down until he comes back.
- Lions is a maybe, but Jared Goff had a really good season. If he can have another really good season, he'll get a massive contract extension and he's only 28. There were reports of them being interested in Teddy Bridgewater.
- Colts just drafted Anthony Richardson
Yup.....my point exactly. Seattle seems the most likely to go QB.....right before the Raiders. I think the Rams are a cinch to go after the one of the two they like. Smith did a decent job last year, but the Hawks have got to be thinking a year or two down the line.

Really hoping Raiders get Hendon Hooker somehow in the 2nd.

Bengals fans b*tching about how they didn't get a TE in the first round. News to you, Bengals Fans: you managed to land a blue-chip defensive player in Myles Murphy at the #28 pick who many considered a top 20 talent. Ask yourself this: are the Bengals a stronger team after the first round or not? Answer: they definitely are.

Yup.....my point exactly. Seattle seems the most likely to go QB.....right before the Raiders. I think the Rams are a cinch to go after the one of the two they like. Smith did a decent job last year, but the Hawks have got to be thinking a year or two down the line.

I think I read somewhere that Seattle can get out the Geno Smith contract after a season.

Really hoping Raiders get Hendon Hooker somehow in the 2nd.
If they want him, I think I would trade up. A few of the mocks had them doing that. I thought the top CB would be there for them at 7, but Seattle went for Witherspoon. Not a bad pick, but Seattle really needed D Line help more IMO and I thought they'd go Carter (who they may have had questions about) or Tyree (who the Raiders grabbed at 7). Raiders needed more DB help and they got line help (and this may help both Crosby AND Wilson). Seattle just the opposite.....go figure.

The big news, to me, was that the Rodgers trade really ended up hurting the Jets insofar as they just missed out on one of the top 4 O linemen in the draft and went D Line instead. I expect they'll go O line in round 2 and, maybe round 4 too if there's someone they think can help them.

OK.....Levis sliding out of round 1 was the biggest story, but just that little bit of movement down costing the Jets the O lineman they clearly wanted was interesting to me.

I think I read somewhere that Seattle can get out the Geno Smith contract after a season.
I didn't know that, but I think I'd still go QB. If they have to sit for a year or so and learn, it's not the end of the world. An interesting point on that is that, I believe, Levis and Hooker are the two oldest of the top flight QBs, but sitting doesn't take too much tread off your tires.

It will be interesting to see who is in desperate need of Caleb Williams or Drake Maye a year from now if Young, Richardson and Stroud all hit.

It will be interesting to see who is in desperate need of Caleb Williams or Drake Maye a year from now if Young, Richardson and Stroud all hit.
If you're going to get Williams, you better have a very, very crappy season or be ready to pay through the nose. All of the teams with 2 1st rounders (AZ, Bears) both have their QBs and if Carolina or Houston falter badly (still think Houston totally Effed up firing Lovie Smith), they would likely trade down. GB could have 2 first rounders from the Jets, but I don't see the Jets doing poorly enough to launch GB that high, so the combination of Love completely flopping and NYJ having a terrible season doesn't seem likely to me.

Being from the southern California area (but a UCLA fan), I've seen enough of Williams to know that, barring serious injury, he isn't lasting long in next year's draft. In fact, I've seen more of him than I'd like.

If you're going to get Williams, you better have a very, very crappy season or be ready to pay through the nose. All of the teams with 2 1st rounders (AZ, Bears) both have their QBs and if Carolina or Houston falter badly (still think Houston totally Effed up firing Lovie Smith), they would likely trade down. GB could have 2 first rounders from the Jets, but I don't see the Jets doing poorly enough to launch GB that high, so the combination of Love completely flopping and NYJ having a terrible season doesn't seem likely to me.

Being from the southern California area (but a UCLA fan), I've seen enough of Williams to know that, barring serious injury, he isn't lasting long in next year's draft. In fact, I've seen more of him than I'd like.

If things go really badly for Sam Howell and Desmond Ridder, The Commanders and Falcons could be in line for Williams or Drake Maye

If things go really badly for Sam Howell and Desmond Ridder, The Commanders and Falcons could be in line for Williams or Drake Maye
Yeah. Hadn’t really thought of that. The Falcons seem the more likely of the two to have a disastrous season. Rams , Broncos and Raiders could all be in that mix; though I don’t think the Raiders will be quite that bad.

When the Raiders traded up, I really thought they'd jumped in front of the Rams to get Hooker, but they needed tight end help in the worst way.

When the Raiders traded up, I really thought they'd jumped in front of the Rams to get Hooker, but they needed tight end help in the worst way.
Hooker is still on the board... they need to trade up and get him. They got a good TE, but come on man...

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ritayo
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"