World Nic Cage as Superman - COSTUME TEST LEAKED!

I mean the Supes film projetcs outside of Superman Lives that got canned. Think if any of them would of been good we get some Supes films now.

I mean the Supes film projetcs outside of Superman Lives that got canned. Think if any of them would of been good we get some Supes films now.

What if you didn't like that version, though? It could've been Cage as resurrected Supes in black leather, who couldn't fly, with gun-toting polar bears guarding his house. Wouldn't you rather have no Supes movies than just that?

I honestly think that aside from the legal issues, these last four years or so are the best thing that could have happened to the Superman franchise considering how things had been. Hopefully, it shows them that they can't rest on past laurels, nor do they have to radically change the idea of Superman....just start over and do it well like Batman did and earn a place with the big boys again. It'll take a long time, but in this case...the more time may be the better.

^ I'm not talking about the Nic Cage Supes film...Talking about the other Supes films ideas they had, which was mostly good.

i still would have been very interested in seeing any of the failed attempts of the 90s/00s. They sure probably would have been crappy superman films for the most part. But it sure would have been an interesting ride to take.

^ I'm not talking about the Nic Cage Supes film...Talking about the other Supes films ideas they had, which was mostly good.

If they were produced in the 90's, and they went past one movie, the series would probably be over by now, no? Either that, or we'd be getting this generation's equivalent of Superman IV or Batman & Robin. So the question still stands.

Any one see this today posted on Comicbookmovie.com. It is an image from something from Burton's Superman lives movie. Created by the special effects guy who was going to be working on the film:
supermanliveschest.jpg
Great to see this somewhat brief glimpse of the costume.Would love to see more behind the scenes footage from that time.:yay:

Some old qoutes from Cage discussing his thoughts on Superman.
Cage has similarly paternal ideas about his role in "Superman Lives," to be directed by Tim Burton. "I've not made a movie yet that children can go see. I have certain feelings that I'd like to express to certain children, especially the ones that are teased at school, the ones that are called 'weirdo.'" Cage's large blue eyes go wide. "Superman was created by two young guys who were considered nerds, who wore glasses, were feeling oppressed. In those days, glasses were a big issue. And their character was a sensation because we all want to believe that we can become this other person, no matter what we are in life. I want to play up the idea of Superman feeling out of place, feeling different like an alien freak. If one kid goes and sees the movie after being teased all day at school, and he says, 'Well, Superman feels the same way I feel, maybe I'm Superman,' that's great. This little story has so much that hasn't been played up."
http://www.filmvault.com/filmvault/chicago/c/cityofangels1.html

i said it before even though this film could have been really screwy with things. i still would have loved to seen how it would have turned out or at least have more stuff from it known.

If memory serves, and it may be wrong, the \S/ symbol in burton's film was going to break down into some kind of weapon, something like a knife or knifes.

If memory serves, and it may be wrong, the \S/ symbol in burton's film was going to break down into some kind of weapon, something like a knife or knifes.

Why would Superman need a weapon? :huh:

HA...exactly.
I've read lots about this film that may or may not be true...like cage walking away because burton was pretty much making a superman film in name only...If that's true about cage, hats off to him.

yea from all the 90s-00s attempts there has been alot of crazy things known or rumored to be and alot was very strange ideas.

I believe that was only for the regeneration suit, while he was powerless. It doesn't really make it much better of an idea, but at least it make some "sense."

i still would have been very interested in seeing any of the failed attempts of the 90s/00s. They sure probably would have been crappy superman films for the most part. But it sure would have been an interesting ride to take.
Agreed, I'd love to view the "Hall of Shame" (LOL). Seriously though, it would be great to get a behind the scenes look at what was being planned, what had been designed, built, etc.

oh totally, its always fun to see what could have been. Like when we see screen tests of actors who could have had X role in X film over the person who ended up being in said movie.

I believe that was only for the regeneration suit, while he was powerless. It doesn't really make it much better of an idea, but at least it make some "sense."

Still, Superman wielding a knife would be more than a little strange.

I also read that at one point he might have driven some type of car to fight crime in.
Again, its hard to know what was true and what wasn't surrounding that film.

oh totally greenktoo so many rumors and news its hard to know what was what some times.

I also read that at one point he might have driven some type of car to fight crime in.
Again, its hard to know what was true and what wasn't surrounding that film.

:doh:

I know some people wish that Superman Lives would've been made because it might have been interesting, but everything I've heard and seen about that movie makes me think it would've been Supes's version of Batman and Robin.

LOL :woot:

man that pic of Nic Cage as Supes is both sad and funny

for the longest time i've always wondered about the suit and how Nic would look like as the Man of Steel

now that i know, i'm glad this movie never happened

Nic Cage was a bad choice for Superman to begin with, but in a way so was Michael Keaton as Batman at the time. yet, look how good that turned out

i think the only good thing the movie had going was Courtney Cox as Lois

she definately fit the part perfectly

more so than Kate Bosworth

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"