World Nic Cage as Superman - COSTUME TEST LEAKED!

IF that suit with all the lights was for Lives. And even if it was, I would take THAT any given day then Superman Returns. Superman Lives would have given us something new and different from Donner films.
Besides at the end of the movie and in the sequels Superman's suit would have been that of a dark blue with blood red cape. Or something along those lines.

But probably not better. Superman with long stringy hair, a black and silver suit, visible organs...and I can't even imagine how Burton would have characterized him and supporting figures like Lois. I think SL would've caused fanboy heads all over the world to explode from rage.

Nic Cage/Superman
Courtney/Cox Lois Lane
Chris Rock/Jimmy Olsen
Jack Nicholson/Lex Luthor
Tim Allen/Braniac

Thats what the main cast was for Superman Lives....and with Burton's dark nature you know the film would be dark......and most of that cast is laughable.

Courtney Cox as Lois made a lot of sense.

Nic Cage/Superman
Courtney/Cox Lois Lane
Chris Rock/Jimmy Olsen
Jack Nicholson/Lex Luthor
Tim Allen/Braniac

Thats what the main cast was for Superman Lives....and with Burton's dark nature you know the film would be dark......and most of that cast is laughable.

Jack Nicholson was never going to play Lex. Like Singer, Burton also wanted Kevin Spacey for the role:

HW: Is it true that Bryan mentioned Superman to you as his dream project as early as on the set of The Usual Suspects?

KS: He might have, but if he did I don't recall it. What I do know is that we had some kind of conversation when I went in to meet Tim Burton 10 or 11 years ago, when Tim was going to do Superman. Apparently Tim wanted me to play the Lex Luthor part. I never read a script, but it was apparently an entirely different scenario and I think that it was Nic Cage[as Superman]. Anyway, that didn't get made. I remember that we had a conversation then about it and I think that it was then I remember Bryan saying, “Ah, what an incredible thing that would be.” He was always such a huge fan of the genre and the comic book and had such respect for it. I think that in a way it's great, because I think that they all approached it with a certain reverence for the [Richard] Donner films, a complete respect for the fan base and I think that it probably has a feeling of enormous homage to that style.

http://www.hollywood.com/feature/Inside_Superman_Returns_The_Bald_and_the_Beautiful_Kevin_Spacey_/3506831

Jack Nicholson was never going to play Lex. Like Singer, Burton also wanted Kevin Spacey for the role:

burton may have wanted spacey, but the studios may have wanted nicholson to play the part. there may have been more than one person that was in the running. i'm not saying this was the case, but i dont think we'll ever really know. i could see burton wanting one person and the studios maybe wanting someone else. i think caviezel and routh were both close to getting the part of superman for superman returns.

burton may have wanted spacey, but the studios may have wanted nicholson to play the part. there may have been more than one person that was in the running. i'm not saying this was the case, but i dont think we'll ever really know. i could see burton wanting one person and the studios maybe wanting someone else. i think caviezel and routh were both close to getting the part of superman for superman returns.

Actually, we do know. Spacey himself confirmed that he met with Tim Burton and Burton wanted him to play Lex. Everything else is just fan speculation or internet rumors.

Holy god...:dry:

500x_nickcage.jpg

:dry:

probably would have been fresh prince, but it probably would have been a very interesting disaster.

No, no. It would not have been a disaster. That picture obviously isn't the best one to promote Superman Lives, but it's obviously just something they threw on him to show the producers. Burton and Cage himself have said they photographed him in various suits. That is propably just one of them and not the final look.

true there wolfman, though from all the zany things that could have been in the film. Sure alot of it sounds like utter crap. But with burton we know it probably would have been a very interesting and strange film.

It would of been a dark/campy film...Superman would be a dark hero similar to Batman and Wolverine, Metropolis be a clone Gotam City, but little cleaner, and the actors would suck along with the storyline....Seriously only Courtney Cox casting of Lois Lane was good....Nic Cage would of been worst then Clooney as a hero....Chris Rock as Jimmy oh please and Tim Allen as Branianc?!?!?!.....Jack Nicholson as Lex Luthor would of just been a darker portrayal of Gene Hackman's Joker...But still the comedian conman/criminal mastermind/real estate grubber.

It would of been a dark/campy film...Superman would be a dark hero similar to Batman and Wolverine, Metropolis be a clone Gotam City, but little cleaner, and the actors would suck along with the storyline....Seriously only Courtney Cox casting of Lois Lane was good....Nic Cage would of been worst then Clooney as a hero....Chris Rock as Jimmy oh please and Tim Allen as Branianc?!?!?!.....Jack Nicholson as Lex Luthor would of just been a darker portrayal of Gene Hackman's Joker...But still the comedian conman/criminal mastermind/real estate grubber.

Metropolis would not have been a clone of Gotham City. It was going to be very chrome surfaced. Just check out the concept art. Tim Allen was never confirmed, he has just said that he was approached or something. I wouldn't have mind. Tim Allen looks a little like Jon Peters, so it would have been appropriate that he would try to destroy Superman in the movie.

A spectacular disaster SL would of been....Lets be happy that did not get made would of set the Superman films even more backwards.

who really knows how things could have turned out in the end. I would be curious to see how it would have been lol.

Wow. That costume looks like a fabricated vinyl sex suit. And people complain about the SR suit not being Superman Suit? Thank god for unanswered prayers...

There is some test footage of the Fiber-optic Silicone Superman suit at the end of this footage with SPFX artist Steve Johnson...

[YT]aRRMMmWnevo&feature=player_embedded[/YT]

Wow. That costume looks like a fabricated vinyl sex suit. And people complain about the SR suit not being Superman Suit? Thank god for unanswered prayers...

There is some test footage of the Fiber-optic Silicone Superman suit at the end of this footage with SPFX artist Steve Johnson...

Not only does that Cage picture look completely a fake but that video shows us a very different Superman suit proposal. Even if the Cage picture is real, which doesn't look like, it's obvious that wasn't going to be even close to the final result.

Actually from what I remember, in Burtons treatment there are two suits, one that is the "traditional suit (this Purple and Red vinyl suit thing) and an Exosuit that was Black and Chrome that gave a depowered Superman equivilants to his powers.

Personally, I think both are legit. Cage was a horrible, horrible choice to play Superman. And the designs are god awful. But that's what a Peters/ Burton Superman would have been.

Damn, that looks like some fun stuff to watch. I love behinds the scene footage like this.

Actually from what I remember, in Burtons treatment there are two suits, one that is the "traditional suit (this Purple and Red vinyl suit thing) and an Exosuit that was Black and Chrome that gave a depowered Superman equivilants to his powers.

Personally, I think both are legit. Cage was a horrible, horrible choice to play Superman. And the designs are god awful. But that's what a Peters/ Burton Superman would have been.

That's what a fake-looking pic with a Nicolas Cage's face glued over looks like. The actual footage showed that a real Superman suit would have looked quite different. That footage is the closest we have seen of a Burton's Superman movie that we can trust is legitimate. And it looks nothing like this plastic toy with a Nic Cage's head on.

Superman Lives would have been like a train wreck. Totally gruesome and horrifying, yet we would not have been able to pull our eyes away.
My morbid curiosity makes me want to see any and all material related to this and all other failed attempts at a Superman film.

I still dont get why they cast Cage. He doesnt have the face or even the hairline for it. Its like the movie was going to be called Superman: EPIC FAIL.
I mean:
Seriously?

Imagine Michael Jackson playing Superman:
- Lexy, imma gonna stop your evil plans cause you re not a SMOOTH CRIMINAL. Chamone... Yeehee.... Chamone....
Awesome fighting/fighting scene similar to the one in "Rock my world" music clip ensues.

Last edited:
^I'm just curious, where did you get that quote? Smith was the writer, he was never the director, and was never going to cast anyone. In fact, Burton/WB had kicked him off of the project long before the casting stage.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Francuz231
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"