• We experienced a brief downtime due to a Xenforo server configuration update. This was an attempt to limit bot traffic. They have rolled back and the site is now operating normally. Apologies for the inconvinience.

World Nic Cage as Superman - COSTUME TEST LEAKED!

The design resemble it. If it look like armor, it surely has to be one. Or if the costume is rubber like the Batman films used. ;)
i disagree. i have a feeling that to supeman fans every suit that is NOT out of thin cloth is an armor suit.
thats just the feeling i get reading the comments.

yea i wouldnt want to see armor or a rubber suit on superman. That just wouldnt look right for him in my opinion. I would like to see spandex or some other very good cloth like material i cant think of fabrics types at this moment.

stop with the spendex BS. it was funny in the 90's and in the beginning of 2000. now its over. enough with spendex. those are expensive 200 millions movies. it would be an insult to have a suit with spendex.
the suit needs to look like something nooen can wear on a helloween party.

:)

i think it all boils down to the point that it should look like superman, you shouldnt have to think about it. you see him on the screen, and based off of the costume you know who it is.

i think it all boils down to the point that it should look like superman, you shouldnt have to think about it. you see him on the screen, and based off of the costume you know who it is.
people would think superman if they would see nic cage in this suit. :hehe:

dark b when i was saying spandex on the other page i just meant it has a place holder for fabrics. I wouldnt want to see supes in armor or rubber. But a more cloth like materials what ever it might be.

dark b when i was saying spandex on the other page i just meant it has a place holder for fabrics. I wouldnt want to see supes in armor or rubber. But a more cloth like materials what ever it might be.
ok. sorry :yay:

no problem as i said i dont know alot of different types of fabrics names you know besides like wool, cotten, etc... So saying spandex was just a way i was saying no to rubber/armor.

They should just use neoprene like on Spider-Man's costume. The problems with the suit from SR were that the colors were terrible, the belt line was way too low, the \S/ should have been larger (and should not have been on the belt buckle), the cape was horrible (looked like a shower curtain tucked into his collar), and the collar was too high. That may sound like a long list of complaints, but it's really not-- they were mistakes that a director with better taste would not have made, but they did not represent a fundamental flow with trying to put Superman's costume in live action. If any superhero can make the quintessential form-fitting cloth costume work, it's Superman, so I don't see why his costume needs to be radically re-imagined.

i have said the same things about my dislike of the SR suit for the past 3 yrs too tim. For me the best superhero's suits translated to live action its spider-man and iron-man.

I hope the fad of building "muscle" into the suit's design will be abandoned. Like adding fake biceps, shoulder "muscles" or abdominal detail.

My solution is for the next actor to wear the cape basically has to be built like Superman. No risers to add height. Or fake muscles in the suit. No patterened details on the suit.

Spandex is out but there is A LOT to learn and emulate with the Christopher Reeve suit.

totally i would hope the actor has the right body look for the character. They should find the right type of material to show off the actor's body.

I wish the Burton project was made instead of Superman Returns. Not a big fan of Returns here, won't go into detail. Cage was actually ripped when he did Con Air, just watch it again. All I see here is a bad picture due to an unfinished costume, bad angle, bad lighting, and a poor camera.

*puts on noob flame suit:woot:*

Oh no, the cancer has left its tumor at IMDB... Welcome to the Hype BitterMike, please keep your stay brief. :o

Don't know what's the dea with that pictures, but I stand by what I said in the Burton's concept art thread: Superman Lives would have been a great Superman movie. Far more superior to what we got in Superman Returns. Nicholas Cage would have been just amazing as somewhat depressed man of steel. He was big enough for Superman needed for that movie. And just look at him in the Family Man movie, which I understand he made after completely leaving Superman Lives. He's big.

Any one see this today posted on Comicbookmovie.com. It is an image from something from Burton's Superman lives movie. Created by the special effects guy who was going to be working on the film:
supermanliveschest.jpg

Is that supposed to be the front of Kal-El's ship?

No clue in the comicbookmovie.com article they mention the sfx guy started up a youtube channel to talk about all the special effects work he has done on many many movies over his career. Then for a few seconds we see that image glowing blue at the end of the video. Nothing else from "Superman lives" is shown due to WB restrictions.

IT'S SUPERMANS CHEST!!! Of his translucent suit!!! F*** that was the coolest thing ever! Actual footage of Superman from that movie, sort of. It's Superman's chest turning on that video. Wow...

10 years after and we got something. i expect in the next 10 years so 20 years later from the movie they will realese every footage that they got. or someone will leak it. you can not keep this a secret forever.

mu ha ha

i think before the shield we also see the suit without the shield. its the guy in teh suit moving with all of the lights.

Oh my god, they were going to do the Mr. Freeze fibre optic lighting thing, lulz.

They were really reaching for the most alien looking Superman suit anyone has ever imagined.

IF that suit with all the lights was for Lives. And even if it was, I would take THAT any given day then Superman Returns. Superman Lives would have given us something new and different from Donner films.
Besides at the end of the movie and in the sequels Superman's suit would have been that of a dark blue with blood red cape. Or something along those lines.

That's not THE supersuit. I think that's the rebirth/healing suit, which is what he was going to wear before the black and silver one. You were going to be able to see translucent organs and such.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"