Nick Kyrgios

SuperDan007

Civilian
Reaction score
Now, I don't know if this guy is as big of news outside of Australia as he is inside Australia for all his antics, but if he isn't, he's a really good Tennis player (Australia's highest ranked Men's Tennis player) however, he can carry on with a whole heap of antics such as arguing with fans, and the umpire, and also "tanking" (deliberately losing a point). Last year, after tanking and arguing with a spectator that got ticked off at him for it, he said in a press conference that it was his "choice" whether he wanted to play, people knew he was "unpredictable" and that the spectator made a "choice" to pay money to go and see him player and they didn't have too.

I saw him play in a mixed doubles match in the Hopman Cup yesterday morning, and his partner was struggling (at one point, when a ball came at her, instead of stepping to the side of the ball, and swinging at it, she just ducked and as a result, they lost the point). Instead of going on with his usual antics, and abusing his partner, the whole match he was encouraging his partner and was smiling and looked like he was enjoying himself.

This got me thinking that maybe that is what he needs - someone beside him to encourage and be encouraged by. Someone to rely on and someone to be relied on by which is what a team sport like doubles is all about, as opposed to the singles format where the only person that can encourage you, and the only person that you can rely on is yourself.

I like him quite a lot as a tennis player, to be honest. He is a pure talent without even putting too much effort into the game which is extremely rare. I'm sure he`ll improve his behaviour more during the years. Actually his attitude is not as bad as it is unprofessional sometimes, but come on... many tennis players `crossed the line` from time to time. It's more important what he has done to the sport and what kind of person he is. He brings tennis to another level and out of court he is a great guy engaged with lots of charity events including his own foundation. it's sad because no one doesn't speak about these things and they focus on the breakdowns that he had a few times.
Herringbone Flooring

Last edited:
Nick is very talented, but his attitude on court more than often is deplorable. He doesn't get a pass from me just because i'm so sick of his antics. Too many years of seeing him pull crap. He should have gotten harsher punishment at this point in my opinion. Fining him isn't cutting it. When he just plays tennis, great! He can beat anyone. But his focus just doesn't last for too long usually...

If he permanently cleans up his act I will be interested in his tennis again. For now I just want him to lose every time.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"