Switch Nintendo's next generational console

I think this article is reaching a little bit

Not that I don't think this game could release on Nintendo's next console, but I think it was just a typo on the Pokemon day presentation.
Well I think they are right in this case because the trailer also said something about “launching simultaneously in 2025”. Sure the main titles launch two versions but the legends title has only been one so far.

Steam Deck OLED or Nintendo Switch 2?

Well I think they are right in this case because the trailer also said something about “launching simultaneously in 2025”. Sure the main titles launch two versions but the legends title has only been one so far.
maybe, maybe not. if more people thought they were right I think it would have been picked up by more news outlets. they might be right.
Steam Deck OLED or Nintendo Switch 2?
Switch 2!

Dang. Sounds like the power of the next console is still going to be far behind.

I think an underpowered and therefore cheap console fits with what they are trying to do and for a big part of the audience they are aiming for, but I wonder what would happen if they also had a high powered spec in addition. I think they could upset the balance and get a lot of gamers maining a Nintendo system.

Nintendo is never going to try to compete for pure power ever again.

I think an underpowered and therefore cheap console fits with what they are trying to do and for a big part of the audience they are aiming for, but I wonder what would happen if they also had a high powered spec in addition. I think they could upset the balance and get a lot of gamers maining a Nintendo system.
I heard a rumor somewhere that their next console might launch at $400. While that wouldn't be too expensive relatively speaking, it's still $100 higher than the entry level price of the current Switch.

The Wii U was a significant bump from the Wii, which I'm guessing was not a significant bump from the GameCube or even the Xbox for that matter. But if the Switch was a significant bump from the Wii U, that should mean the Switch 2 spec wise should be comparable to current gen consoles.

The first title needs to be a banger. So after we already got a new Zelda title last year it sure has to be Mario Kart or a new 3D Mario.
I hope it’s a new Mario Kart

The first title needs to be a banger. So after we already got a new Zelda title last year it sure has to be Mario Kart or a new 3D Mario.
I hope it’s a new Mario Kart
Smash is a guaranteed system seller, too, but after Ultimate, I imagine any possible future game may be awhile out from now.

So yeah, probably a new 3D Mario game since Tears of the Kingdom is still relatively fresh in people's minds and not even a full year old yet.

Sakurai has indicated he is going back to work. So who knows.

Smash is a guaranteed system seller, too, but after Ultimate, I imagine any possible future game may be awhile out from now.

So yeah, probably a new 3D Mario game since Tears of the Kingdom is still relatively fresh in people's minds and not even a full year old yet.
A new 3D Mario is basically guaranteed imo, also betting that Prime 4 is gonna show up within the first year, if not at launch. TotK being so new does pretty much rule out a new Zelda, but I'd bet on a remaster or remake of an older Zelda title showing up.

A new 3D Mario is basically guaranteed imo, also betting that Prime 4 is gonna show up within the first year, if not at launch. TotK being so new does pretty much rule out a new Zelda, but I'd bet on a remaster or remake of an older Zelda title showing up.
I forgot about Prime 4- and I think Nintendo has at this point for awhile- but you could easily move that over to Switch 2.

I heard a rumor somewhere that their next console might launch at $400. While that wouldn't be too expensive relatively speaking, it's still $100 higher than the entry level price of the current Switch.

The Wii U was a significant bump from the Wii, which I'm guessing was not a significant bump from the GameCube or even the Xbox for that matter. But if the Switch was a significant bump from the Wii U, that should mean the Switch 2 spec wise should be comparable to current gen consoles.

The Wii and Switch were both small jumps from their predecessors. Nintendo is way too far behind to catch up with the Switch 2, and there' no real incentive for them to try anyway.

The Wii and Switch were both small jumps from their predecessors. Nintendo is way too far behind to catch up with the Switch 2, and there' no real incentive for them to try anyway.
that's true. the Switch kicked both the Ps4 and Xbone's asses without being nearly as powerful so if the Switch 2 can get away with it then they'll probably just keep the status quo. This would end up meaning that the Switch 2 won't be getting that third party support, though. for anyone who wants to play GTA6, they'll have to still go for a Ps5 or Series X/S.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"