The Last Jedi (NO SPOILERS) The Last Jedi EARLY TWEET REACTION thread (NO SPOILERS)

And virtually every review (at least the legitimate press reviews), are preaching the complete opposite of what you just said. That it feels like Star Wars up the wazoo, and I quote from a particular one "Like Dave Filoni and George Lucas on speed".

You get your opinion. Most people so far have been contradicting you completely though - at a certain point what you're saying doesn't hold much weight given the twitter reactions, the professional reviews, and George ****ing Lucas seemingly liking it more than he did The Force Awakens.

The "Star Wars legitimacy" isn't a question, even if you didn't personally enjoy the film.

So......you would prefer I not say anything then? Not voice myself because I’m going against the grain, which upon reading many of the reviews are mentioning similar issues I had with the film. If you think I’m not going to say how I feel you’ve got another think coming.

Opinions are just fine.

"Has no interest in being a Star Wars movie", while your right to think it, is pretty laughable though. The guy that created the damn thing disagrees. Along with an average of dozens of reviewers across the United States, and the twitters reactions from the premieres. It's a small section of the fanbase singing your tune, and let's be upfront about it, they'd all decided they were going to hate this back in late 2015 when The Force Awakens hit. "Disney era, kablaaah rabble rabble rabble!" It's the usual suspects.

Last edited:
Opinions are just fine.

"Has no interest in being a Star Wars movie", while your right to think it, is pretty laughable though. The guy that created the damn thing disagrees.

Oh okay, George Lucas disagrees. Damn. I'll change my opinion then. Thanks for the heads up. :yay:

Last edited:
Opinions are just fine.

"Has no interest in being a Star Wars movie", while your right to think it, is pretty laughable though. The guy that created the damn thing disagrees. Along with an average of dozens of reviewers across the United States, and the twitters reactions from the premieres. It's a small section of the fanbase singing your tune, and let's be upfront about it, they'd all decided they were going to hate this back in late 2015 when The Force Awakens hit. "Disney era, kablaaah rabble rabble rabble!" It's the usual suspects.

Yeah, so?

Opinions are just fine.

:funny: I rate TFA as my second or third favourite SW movie and for the last two years have been thoroughly excited about TLJ, loved the trailers etc. But I very much disliked what I saw last night.

So no. It's got nothing to do with "usual suspects".

The fact I'm seeing reviewers on some of the geek leaning channels on youtube having some reservations about the film says to me it's a little more than the 'usual suspects'.

It's not a usual suspects thing, but I think there is going to be genuine, passionate disagreement here. It's definitely not just the "usual suspects" fanboys who are loving it either. Just about all of the critics I trust the most have given raves. And many of the geek-leaning reviews that talk a lot about the flaws, still seem overall very impressed with the overall film and its big ambitions.

Last edited:
The praise I’ve been seeing does seem to be coming from the film buffs more than the geek sphere. I was listening to the Slashfilm cast live today they tend to be more film fans first than pop culture fans and they all seemed to praise it as they were all big Johnson fans.

I'm seeing a huge divide with this one. Critics love it, but the general public not so much

These claims are insane haha! How do you make statements like that?

It’s too early to tell.

Empire Strikes Back was initially divisive for fans and even the critics that liked it...

As time went on and more re-watches Empire became the best for a lot of people..

Empire Strikes Back was initially divisive for fans and even the critics that liked it...

As time went on and more re-watches Empire became the best for a lot of people..

That won't happen though because there are some elements in its DNA as a story that won't get better no matter how many times re-watching.

Disappointing 6/10

The movie is just coming out today and people are saying the public doesn't like it. 99% of the world hasn't even seen it before today.

The movie is just coming out today and people are saying the public doesn't like it. 99% of the world hasn't even seen it before today.

lol yeah so true and some one was saying that this movie is like TDKR that it was not liked even though most people liked/loved TDKR it just wasn't prassed has much has TDK.

Well, people tend to believe their opinion are universal...

lol yeah so true and some one was saying that this movie is like TDKR that it was not liked even though most people liked/loved TDKR it just wasn't prassed has much has TDK.

That was me. I wasn't sure if you're just reinforcing what I was saying or if you misunderstood me. I was pretty much saying that. To clarify I do think TDKR is widely considered a very good movie both critically and casual moviegoer alike, but that theres a very vocal portion of the fanbase that thinks the movie is not that good. I don't agree with them and I hope when I see TLJ tonight that I'll disagree again with the dissenters.

Yeah, so?

Sorry that you are unhappy about the film man. I personally disagree and I think I will enjoy it. But you have a right to feel the way you do, and you have a right to vent. Sorry no one is being receptive..being told your *feelings* are wrong, when they come from YOUR emotions is probably fustrating, and in my opinion, pretty uncool. Who wants to be told their feelings are wrong, and hear people invalidate them when they are upset?

Atleast you have the old films to go back to. You're fustration will pass over time

Well, people tend to believe their opinion are universal...

Everyone does. Otherwise folks here wouldn't be jumping down the guy's throat who is upset about the movie, and telling him why he is wrong.

Jesus guys, of course his opinion isn't universal... The dude's just upset, let him feel

Watched Return of the Jedi again yesterday. Yep its better than The Force Awakens.

Going to re-watch TFA before TLJ tomorrow night though.

Watched Return of the Jedi yesterday. Yep its better than The Force Awakens.

TFA doesn't stack up against the OT in my opinion, doesn't stack up against ROTS either.

ROTJ is my favorite Star Wars movie.

But of course, the binary sunset scene in A New Hope transcends all the movies combined. That single scene is the most beautiful scene in the series and amongst the most beautiful in all of cinema.

I know what the reviews say, and I'm sure I'll love TLJ, but I highly doubt, and would bet my soul, they didn't create anything as beautiful as that scene in A New Hope. That scene makes cry every time I watch it...excuse me, off to youtube for a second...

Yup.. still happens.

"Luke's just not a farmer Owen, he has too much of his father in him"

"That's what I'm afraid of"

*Force theme*

Call me crazy but the prequel trilogy makes this scene even more impactful

Thought I'd peek in here to see what the general pulse was on this film.

Damn, not what I was expecting. :funny:

Last edited:
Watched Return of the Jedi again yesterday. Yep its better than The Force Awakens.

While ROTJ is the best star wars movie yet so yeah.

I'm getting kind of nervous/scared when reading some of these comments. Just the thought of a "bad" Star Wars movie is so hard for me to take in considering that I have been a fan for as long as I can remember.
It's roughly 20 hours or so until I get to see it and I am super excited, but also at the same time, somewhat nervous.

There's been bad Star Wars movies before...

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
joelschmole
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"