• Secure your account

A friendly reminder to our users, please make sure your account is safe. Make sure you update your password and have an active email address to recover or change your password.

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Of the powers the Heroes characters have shown so far...

IAmHe9

I can see the strings
Reaction score
List, or at least name, your favorite(s).

I believe every power should be capable of at least one of these three: 1. Offense: attacking an enemy; 2. Defense: defending against an enemy, and 3. Saving: saving someone from anything. How good a power can do any of these and how many of these the power can do I think help define how good the power is.

Here's my ranking of the powers I would like to have that have so far appeared on Heroes. I didn't include Peter's or The Haitian's powers or Sylar's ability to take other peoples' powers with their brains because their powers would only be useful in a world where there were superpowered beings around. However, I did include the powers Sylar exhibited that seemed to be (or were confirmed to be) 'stolen'.

1. Telekinesis (Sylar): I think this power would be the most useful in everyday life and being a true 'hero', especially if it was as strong as Sylar's, who effortlessly scalps heads and tosses locker doors and humans across rooms like a sack of potatoes. Think of this the next time someone is trapped under a car or can't get out of a burning building because their window is too high up. It definitely meets all the credentials on my list.
2. Bending space & time (Hiro): Whoever had this would be enormously powerful, but if I had it I'd probably be frightened in a way. To paraphrase Hiro: "What if I stepped on an insect?" It'd still be a really cool power and one of it's advantages could be described as ultraspeed (Hiro decorates an entire restaurant with the paper cranes in an instant because he stopped time).
3. Flight (Nathan): If only for the sensation of feeling the wind in your hair thousands of feet above ground and the fact that I'd never be late anywhere ever again because of Miami's horrible traffic jams.
4. Freezing (Sylar): While Sylar uses it to freeze an innocent father and remove his brain, this power could be extremely useful for a would-be hero. Freezing a fire or using a large column of ice to elevate said hero are just some of the ways it could save a person, not to mention sheets of ice being used as shields and all kinds of freezing attacks.
5. Invulnerability (Claire): This is arguably the last power on my list of favorites that does all three of the things a great power should. Because of how reckless a hero would be in battle (Wolverine's countless escapades across comics, cartoons, and the big screen are evidence of this) it serves as a good offensive and defensive power, and because you wouldn't be afraid of injury, it'd be easier to save someone (take Claire rushing into the fire, for example).
6. Telepathy (Matt): Reading people's minds can be a great defensive tool and a great tool for saving people because you know what is gonna happen and what has happened based on people's thoughts (it would be excellent for police work, as Matt has shown quite a few times), and what guy wouldn't like to know what is running through the mind of every girl around him at will? Still, I don't think it serves much of an offensive purpose (aside from perhaps a pre-emptive strike, but then you'll still be only as strong as a regular human) unless the powers are developed to the point of Xavier's from the X-Men, who can actually control people.
7. Emitting Nuclear Energy (Ted): This power is great both offensive and defensively ('come any nearer and I'll explode' XD) and there could be a few situations where it would be able to save people, but it would probably be very difficult to control (it seems difficult for Ted to control it) and could end up causing more harm than good, at least until complete control of the power is taken. Imagine the threat of exploding in the middle of a crowded theater without being able to help it.
8. Phasing (DL): A pretty cool power that could rescue people in certain situations (people stuck somewhere), be an EXCELLENT defensive power (DL survives a sniper shot to the head), and a good offensive power (try reaching into someone's chest and then making your hand go solid). Not one of my favorites, but still pretty damn cool.
9. Painting the future (Isaac): This power seems pretty cool, until you realize that Isaac can't control what he paints and usually his paintings are open to interpretation and aren't always what to they seem. As much as you'd like to, if you had Isaac's power you couldn't just say 'I wanna see if she'll say yes when I ask her out tomorrow' and paint your answer. You'd have to go into a trance and paint an obscure painting which you'll then have to interpret. If you can get to someone in law enforcement (or someone with the abilities in numbers 1 - 8) after you've decided what your painting is about and stop it, however, you could save a lot of people.
10. Persuasion (Eden): It would be great to get anyone to do whatever you wanted with a whisper, and you'd have an excellent career as a politician or hostage negotiator. But I shudder to think at what I (and most men) would do with this power :oldrazz:
11. Huge capacity for learning/impeccable memory (Charlie): My grades would be amazing and I'd have a great career, but I wouldn't be much of a 'hero'.
12. Technology Power (Micah): The ability to fix or reconfigure any piece of equipment would sure come in handy, but I don't think someone with that power would be more than a side-kick to someone with the powers in 1 - 8.
13. Evil twin with superstrength (Nikki): A horrible power for the obvious reasons. I mean, even the Hulk can sometimes control himself. This ***** be running wild!

That's my list, anyway.

Hiro has the best power...after that Itd be persuation, followed by perfect memory, flight and telekinesis

You forgot that the Haitian can make people forget. That is useful on us regular folks!

Haitian003.jpg

I dont think his powers are all that...they certainly aren't convenient to my life...I mean, why does it matter negating someones powers?...I doubt Id even mean that much superpowered people :confused:

Sentinel X said:
I dont think his powers are all that...they certainly aren't convenient to my life...I mean, why does it matter negating someones powers?...I doubt Id even mean that much superpowered people :confused:

WTF.jpg

I'd rather have Sylar, Eden, Claire, Hiro, or pretty much anyone else's power. If your power depends on others with powers, thats kinda lame. If they don't have powers and you fight them...you die.

Hiro, Nathan and Claire

What exactly are Michah or whatever the kid's name is powers? I was told he was technopth, but I have only seen him fix electronics (phone).

you forgot the hatian has a defensive power , he makes people BLACKOUT

ken smith said:
you forgot the hatian has a defensive power , he makes people BLACKOUT
True...this is true.

FIRST PICK - Hiro
SECOND PICK - Claire
THIRD PICK - Sylar (telekinesis)

with Hiro or Claire's powers, you could be almost unbeatable
and with the Sylar's power, you could do almost anything

here's my IN-DEPTH choosing:

1. Bending Space/Time (Hiro) - basically, with complete control over this, no one could stop you....you could freeze time and kill them before they have a chance to attack

2. Enhanced Healing (Claire) - i've always said that with this, you need no other powers....if you can't be killed, you can't be stopped....now clearly Claire can be killed, thus this isn't my first pick

3. Telekinesis (Sylar/Brian Davis) - another unstoppable power...in a sense, you can simulate any other physical power with telekinesis...have you seen Professor X and Jean?

4. Empathy (Peter) - again, you can do anything with this power...HOWEVER, someone else with powers has to be nearby, so it's hit or miss

5. Telepathy (Matt) - don't tell me you haven't ever wanted to get inside someone's head...more of a self-serving power in some respects, but hey...i've earned it, haha

6. Power Block/Memory Wipe (Haitian) - same deal as Peter...when you are around other heroes, it's great....but there isn't much you can do with a memory wipe..except screw around

7. Flight (Nathan) - great power under the right circumstances...if it's the only power you have...you got jipped

8. Radiation (Ted) - powerful, but i imagine that it hampers your social life if you can't control it

9. Persuasion (Eden) - you don't want to hear my reason...you want to move on to number 10

10. Phasing (D.L.) - it sure would make transportation easier...but i don't want it to be my starting power

11. Technopathy (Micah) - we don't know the extent of Micah's technopathy...but in today's world, complete control over machines = unlimited power

12. Perfect Memory (Charlie) - good for game shows and school, but that's about it...not much use to this power

13. Twin/Strength (Nikki/Jessica) - why would i want a power that i can't use as myself?

14. Future Painting (Isaac) - no offense to Isaac, it's no reflection on him as a character, but i can't see a practical, real-world reason for this power....like IAmHe9 said, you can't control the future and you can't tell what you are going to paint next

Dude his power is practically useless in our world.

Sure, he can make people 'black out' and cancel out powers, but if you had telekinesis you could always launch a hammer at someone's head and that could do the trick. Also, if you were powerful enough you could levitate (flying), and you'd be a hit at parties.

I just don't see much of an advantage with the Haitians powers.

BTW, when I started the topic, I didn't mean what power would you want if you were suddenly thrust into a world full of superpowered beings. I meant what would you want if you suddenly developed powers...if YOU were the first appearance of Homo Superior...if YOU were Patient Zero.

So then Empathy and the Haitian's power would be ****.

But if people around me started to develop powers, empathy would definitely be a top choice.

IAmHe9 said:
BTW, when I started the topic, I didn't mean what power would you want if you were suddenly thrust into a world full of superpowered beings. I meant what would you want if you suddenly developed powers...if YOU were the first appearance of Homo Superior...if YOU were Patient Zero.

Just because YOU'RE seeking the most pronouced abilities doesn't mean that the ability to make someone forget or blackout is useless.

If I made you forget you could fly then how powerful would you be?

You can't you use Telekinesis if you're unconscious either!

i ranked mine according to the belief that if one person started to develop them, others would too

Eddie Brock Jr. said:
i ranked mine according to the belief that if one person started to develop them, others would too
I rank mine on power and being above everybody. Powers or not. Telekinesis, healing factor, or Teleportation are all 5 degrees above the haitian. Even if they come in contact with em, they sneek up on him and kill him or run away. The Haitian is not the most powerful, and not the hardest to kill.

Hiro Nakamura. He has the coolest power.

Oh cmon having the Haitians powers would be great
You could do pretty much anything and get away with it
If anyone sees you doing it you could just wipe their memory
Only thing you have to avoid is cameras and as long as you get your hands on the tapes or whatever that doesnt matter either
That said Id probably want Hiro's powers most, then Claire's, then the Haitians

1.Telekinesis(Sylar) would be my first choice. Its pretty much a limitless
power.

2. Indestructable(Claire)- hey if I cant die... well what's better than that.

3. Empathy(Peter)-another power that is practically limitless

4. Persuasion(Eden)- I think we all know why this power would come in handy.

5. Bending Space and Time(Hiro) The only reason this is not higher on the list is because you never know what your doing when you mess with time. It could have horrible consequences.

Anyone or all of these powers would do it for me.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"