The Avengers Official Ant-Man Film Discussion Thread

Yeah, I think the Pyms will have a similar role to the grandpa in Gremlins. But still happy they are including Edgar in the happenings. Now I have to wonder if they really are going to try and get Ant-Men out the same year as Avengers.

Yeah, I think the Pyms will have a similar role to the grandpa in Gremlins. But still happy they are including Edgar in the happenings. Now I have to wonder if they really are going to try and get Ant-Men out the same year as Avengers.

Maybe the meeting was about who they're going to cast for the Pyms.

That's what I figured...or the look of the costume, although I doubt they have one in Avengers.

I really don't see Ant-Man getting his own film if he is in Avengers, unless it is a cameo and he's just a scientist before all the pre-serum stuff. He is either going to make the cut and have a significant role, or he'll have a small role at best. Either way I think a solo film is unlikely but you never know.

I think we will get an Ant-Man film after the avengers...

I very very much want him in Avengers though. I think thats where he would operate best anyway.

I really don't see Ant-Man getting his own film if he is in Avengers, unless it is a cameo and he's just a scientist before all the pre-serum stuff. He is either going to make the cut and have a significant role, or he'll have a small role at best. Either way I think a solo film is unlikely but you never know.

So Edgar Wright is just supposed to abandon his film plans now if Ant-Man is in the Avengers, even though there's a script there and a potential lucrative opportunity for Marvel if they can mine any character, no matter how small?

As much as Wheldon will pay homage to the character, there is only so much he can work with when he has to account for heavy weights like Thor, Cap, IM, etc. So I doubt the character will stand out to the point where people are clamoring for a spinoff movie. And it's not like the character is as loved by fanboys as a Deadpool per say. And even the Renolds/Deadpool movie is in limbo and may never see the light of day. If I were doing it my way, I'd make sure almost every character had a solo film before or right after an appearance in Avengers, from BW, Hawkeye, Panther, and down the line. But unless the script is phenomenal, I doubt it will happen. It's just something to think about, because they obviously need other movies after Avengers besides IM3. If they want tentpole movies then they are looking in the wrong place with respect to the characters I mentioned.

As much as Wheldon will pay homage to the character, there is only so much he can work with when he has to account for heavy weights like Thor, Cap, IM, etc. So I doubt the character will stand out to the point where people are clamoring for a spinoff movie. And it's not like the character is as loved by fanboys as a Deadpool per say. And even the Renolds/Deadpool movie is in limbo and may never see the light of day. If I were doing it my way, I'd make sure almost every character had a solo film before or right after an appearance in Avengers, from BW, Hawkeye, Panther, and down the line. But unless the script is phenomenal, I doubt it will happen. It's just something to think about, because they obviously need other movies after Avengers besides IM3. If they want tentpole movies then they are looking in the wrong place with respect to the characters I mentioned.

I wonder if Marvel's future will be better served doing a 150 million dollar tent pole and two 50-75 million dollar movies a year.

Eventually, since these tentpoles will inevitably stop making money one day (not in the near future though). At least Sony appears to be more economical with their next Spidey go-around.

Disney’s Domain Name Purchase Hints at Possible Ant-Man Movie | /Film

Today it has been learned that Disney has purchased a new batch of internet domain names. The most interesting domain in the batch is a domain for an Ant-Man movie: ANT-MAN-THEMOVIE.COM. Now, this doesn’t confirm anything… but Disney doesn’t usually purchase domain names without reason. Looks like they are considering an Ant-Man movie.

When the Walt Disney Company announced they would be acquiring Marvel Entertainment, speculation began to run wild on which comic book properties Disney might tackle first. Disney doesn’t have rights to the comic properties in development at other studios like Spider-Man at Sony and X-Men at 20th Century Fox, and as of this second, Paramount still holds to rights to distribute up to five Marvel films, including: Iron Man 2, Thor, Captain America, The Avengers and possibly one more unannounced film. And on top of that, there are still existing deals in which other studios hold the big screen rights to certain characters. Most of the online world concluded that Ant-Man would probably be the most likely candidate. And when it was revealed that Pixar boss John Lasseter “talked to the Marvel guys” about collaborating on a feature, Ant-Man was at the top of the list.

Comic creator Stan Lee sent out some tweets earlier this month claiming that he has met with director Edgar Wright regarding an Ant-Man movie, which Marvel is “prepping”, according to Lee. Adding fuel to the fire, Wright tweeted about his dinner with Iron Man director and Avengers producer Jon Favreau a few days earlier. Of course, speculation again ramped up that the Ant-Man movie would go into production after Wright’s Scott Pilgrim vs. The World hit theaters this Summer. Wright responded to the speculation, telling MTV, “I can’t do two things at once, so [now that 'Scott Pilgrim' is finished] I will return to doing another draft of that one.”
The Other domains purchased by Disney hint at other projects the animation/feature film studio may or may not be working on:

• New Cars Toons: Lunar Mater (LUNARMATER.COM), Moon Mater (MOONMATER.COM) and Right Stuff Mater (RIGHTSTUFFMATER.COM), Mater Pi (MATERPI.COM) and Investigator Mater (INVESTIGATORMATER.COM)
  • DreamWorks Films:
    • Eat, Sleep, Poop (EATSLEEPPOOPMOVIE.COM)
    • Escape Artist (ESCAPEARTIST-MOVIE.COM)
    • Good Looking (GOODLOOKING-THEMOVIE.COM)
    • I Saw You (ISAWYOU-THEMOVIE.COM)
    • Nonstop (NONSTOP-MOVIE.COM)
    • Robopocalypse (ROBOPOCALYPSE-MOVIE.COM)
    • War Horse (WARHORSE-MOVIE.COM)
    • Wife vs. Ninja (WIFEVSNINJAMOVIE.COM)
  • Possible Walt Disney Feature Films:
    • A True Story (ATRUESTORY-MOVIE.COM and ATRUESTORY-THEMOVIE.COM)
    • CA Rancho Film (CARANCHOFILM.COM), Classy Lady (CLASSYLADYMOVIE.COM)
    • Denver International Airport (DENVERINTERNATIONALAIRPORTMOVIE.COM)
    • Genneris (GENNERIS.COM and GENNERISMOVIE.COM)
    • Great Lengths (GREATLENGTHSMOVIE.COM)
    • Home Movies (HOMEMOVIES-THEMOVIE.COM)
    • Me Harmony (MEHARMONYMOVIE.COM)
    • Ra (RA-MOVIE.COM)
    • When the Trumpets Sound (WHENTHETRUMPETSSOUND.COM and WHENTHETRUMPETSSOUND-THEMOVIE.COM).
    • Other possible titles for Secretariat:
      • Taking the Crown (TAKINGTHECROWN.COM and TAKINGTHECROWNMOVIE.COM)
      • Triple Crown (TRIPLECROWNMOVIE.COM)
zz0b0d55df-550x412.jpg
hmmm, a couple of interesting sounding titles on that list. i wonder what war horse and robopocalypse are all about? and why are there like 6 Mater titles? lol. well kids love them some Mater(me too) well looks like Ant-Man is finally gonna get made. whoever said Simon Pegg for Lang is a genius. haha. i like Pym but Lang is such a coward and so funny i find myself rooting for him a lot.

ant-man.jpg

normal_ant-man~0.jpg

Which one would work for the film? one of them? none of them? post another pic if you have something else In mind. I Imagine Ant-Man will be one of those Marvel Heroes to get a complete redesign of the suit, like The X-Men and most likely Thor, and possibly Cap.

Last edited:
As long as there aren't genetically altered mutant army ants or bugs running around that he can control, the suit is just fine. I don't find shrinking yourself down to be a cheezy ability. Hulk is essentially Giant-Man so having someone the opposite of that may have its advantages.

As long as there aren't genetically altered mutant army ants or bugs running around that he can control, the suit is just fine. I don't find shrinking yourself down to be a cheezy ability. Hulk is essentially Giant-Man so having someone the opposite of that may have its advantages.

I Like your way of thinking :up:
too many people think of ant-man like "A superhero who shrinks and controls ants???......Pass"

hmmm, a couple of interesting sounding titles on that list. i wonder what war horse and robopocalypse are all about? and why are there like 6 Mater titles? lol. well kids love them some Mater(me too) well looks like Ant-Man is finally gonna get made. whoever said Simon Pegg for Lang is a genius. haha. i like Pym but Lang is such a coward and so funny i find myself rooting for him a lot.

Where do you get the idea that Lang was a coward? That was never the way he was written by his creator, David Michellinie, who also used him a lot in many issues of Iron Man. Scott Lang was prepared to undertake numerous operations and also to save Tony Stark's life when he was trapped in his own armor. Lang was also an ex thief who stole Ant-Man costume to save his own daughter's life. Nothing cowardly about that. Whoever thought of Simon Pegg for Lang is mistaken. He's nothing like Pegg. He's much more like Simon Baker (the Mentalist) both in physical appearance and personality.

Where do you get the idea that Lang was a coward? That was never the way he was written by his creator, David Michellinie, who also used him a lot in many issues of Iron Man. Scott Lang was prepared to undertake numerous operations and also to save Tony Stark's life when he was trapped in his own armor. Lang was also an ex thief who stole Ant-Man costume to save his own daughter's life. Nothing cowardly about that. Whoever thought of Simon Pegg for Lang is mistaken. He's nothing like Pegg. He's much more like Simon Baker (the Mentalist) both in physical appearance and personality.
is Lang the guy from the ThunderBolts? maybe i got the wrong dude but that guy has been doing a lot of ducking here lately. maybe its because the T-Bolts are a bunch of murderous A-holes. im just going off whats been going on recently, dont know much about his past but the basics. lemme just say he doesnt seem to be too confrontational. im sure he,ll have his hero moment. sheesh sorry for dissing your boy.

I think something close to the bright red costume.

Hey guys, tell me what think of this logo I just finished:

Astonishing_Ant_Man_Movie_Logo_by_Marvel_Freshman.png
I put in "Astonishing" because I think eventually Marvel will announce another name because plain "Ant-Man" isn't gonna sell. There may be another name, but I was most happy with "Astonishing".

NO to Bateman and Pegg.
Patrick Wilson for Hank Pym!
Evangeline Lily for Wasp!
Simon Baker for Scott Lang!

Hey guys, tell me what think of this logo I just finished:

Astonishing_Ant_Man_Movie_Logo_by_Marvel_Freshman.png
I put in "Astonishing" because I think eventually Marvel will announce another name because plain "Ant-Man" isn't gonna sell. There may be another name, but I was most happy with "Astonishing".

Love it! :up:

NO to Bateman and Pegg.
Patrick Wilson for Hank Pym!
Evangeline Lily for Wasp!
Simon Baker for Scott Lang!

agreed... No Bateman or Pegg :nono:

I know this is unrealistic, given what Wright has said...but I really don't want Lang anywhere near this movie.

This movie needs to establish the marvel film universe, which imo should closely mirror the marvel comics universe, in which Hank Pym is very important, and Scott Lang isn't.

Go with the big movers, don't sacrifice some of the avengers most important storylines just so wright can use Scott Lang.

I know this is unrealistic, given what Wright has said...but I really don't want Lang anywhere near this movie.

This movie needs to establish the marvel film universe, which imo should closely mirror the marvel comics universe, in which Hank Pym is very important, and Scott Lang isn't.

Go with the big movers, don't sacrifice some of the avengers most important storylines just so wright can use Scott Lang.

Well I'm hoping that Lang won't be in the Avengers either. That said, I do hope he is in the Ant Man movie. Pym should be Ant Man in the Avengers, but discard his identity at the end and take up the Giant Man or Yellow Jacket identity. Then in Edgar Wright's movie, this can tell the story of how ex-con Scott Lang breaks into Pym's lab to steal the Ant Man costume to save his daughter and comes into conflict with Pym before they eventually team up. At the end, Pym can tell Lang to keep the Ant Man costume since he no longer needs it. That's how it was done in the comics.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"