• We experienced a brief downtime due to a Xenforo server configuration update. This was an attempt to limit bot traffic. They have rolled back and the site is now operating normally. Apologies for the inconvinience.

First Avenger OFFICIAL: Chris Evans is Captain America

Evans must go on COLBERT!!

I want to see an hilariously awkward showdown over the shield...
hopefully they make it happen

I've been hoping the star of this movie would do that since before Evans was actually cast! That'd be too fun to pass up.

Oh, man that needs to happen now. I wanna see how Colbert would react to Evans. He would probably call him an imposter.

I love how shy and self deprecating Chris Evans is. He honestly don't come off as one of those hollywood *****e bags, he seems like a normal guy.

I didnt know that people were talking about Colbert in here. But Chris has to to go on his show it would own so much.And Chris would get the Colbert bump and thats been proven real lol.

It's funny, you don't often think of celebs having to deal with things like anxiety. I have difficulty making myself go to the grocery store some days; I don't want to think about how stressful it must be to have a $150 million dollar movie riding on your shoulders.
I think that would be difficult for anybody.

You'd have to be the biggest narcissist not to somehow he effect at least some days. Though I guess selling your personality on televistion wouldn't be too different then acting, since you can;t completely be yourself anyway...it must be weird.

Avengers star makes Chris Evans giddy on set

Speaking with press about this Friday’s Captain America: The First Avenger, Chris Evans got to talking about his work on the Marvel super group pic The Avengers: How his costume’s been updated, why he was initial commitment-phobic when pitched on the multiple film franchise, and most importantly, which of his Avengers co-stars dazzled him so much on set that he left the set walking on air. Who was the mystery movie star who charmed the charmer?

We’ll get to that, but first, Evans discusses the difference between his Captain America suit and the updated version he’ll wear in The Avengers:

“They each have pros and cons. This, the first Cap costume, is very cumbersome. It’s thick and it’s bulky, it’s tough to do fight sequences in, but the cowl, the helmet, can come on and off at will. The current wardrobe is a bit different. The suit, the range of motion is fantastic, you can really get some good fight sequences in. It’s a little bit more form-fitting. But the cowl, the hood, has some… changes that make it a little more difficult to get on and off.”

Though he eventually overcame his qualms, Evans was initially hesitant to commit the next decade or so of his life — and sacrifice his privacy — to the Captain America role:

“It started out as a nine-picture and they dropped it down to a six-picture deal, but even six movies — they could spread those out and it could be ten years. I could be doing this ‘til I’m 40. That’s a crazy thing to think about. I don’t think anybody here could make a decision for the next ten years of your life. It’s crazy. Movies, for me up until now, have been one at a time. If my passion shifted, if my search in life went somewhere else, I could go do that. This just meant you can’t. That’s scary. And the potential lifestyle change; I’ve been making movies for ten years but I can still go to a ball game. I can still go to Disney World. I can still live my life with relative ease and anonymity, and this movie could potentially change that, and that’s scary too.”

And finally, Evans waxed adorable on the generous, supportive Avengers co-star who left him utterly charmed — Iron Man himself, Robert Downey, Jr.:

“He’s so great. I can’t say enough about him, I really can’t. I didn’t know what to expect going in to work with him. He’s so talented and he’s got so much charisma and persona. I can honestly say, of all the movie stars I’ve worked with, he’s the one that when he comes on set, you really feel like, ‘Man — this guy’s a movie star!’ You just feel it. When he comes in a room he just owns the oxygen. He is a movie star, and he’s been so great. So supportive, so positive. I had to do a scene with him the other day where I was just nervous, it was just me and him, and I was just terrified. It’s Robert Downey Jr.! And he’s just, you know, every little take he gives you a fist bump, a little thumbs up, and it just changes your whole day. It probably means nothing in his mind but I go back to my trailer, like, giddy. He really is something else.”

Chris Evans has found his rightful place in the world of Superheroes in Marvel comics universe . I seriously can't find or even come close to thinking of another actor who could fell this role. Chris was born to play Captain America not only did he look the part but he embodied all the characteristics that makes Cap such a beloved hero in MCU. I can't wait to see him in the Avengers with RDJ, and CH and the rest of the gang.

I salute you Captain :cap::up::up:

After seeing the film, I find the title of this thread ABSOLUTELY APPROPRIATE.

Haven't seen the movie yet but has anyone seen the Captain America avengers costume? Not a fan of it at the moment maybe on film it will look better.

Haven't seen the movie yet but has anyone seen the Captain America avengers costume? Not a fan of it at the moment maybe on film it will look better.

Are you serious? His updated Avengers costume looks awesome.
avenge_cap.jpg

I saw Steve Rogers. And if I didn't, I thought how amazing Evan's performance was. You just see that Rogers is a good man through and through. I really loved him in it.

Now look at Johnny Storm and Rogers and tell me their similarities. You just can't see that it's the same person playing them.

I wholeheartedly agree with the title of this thread. He WAS Steve Rogers. I saw absolutely nothing of Chris Evans' other roles in this movie. I think, for the firat time in a long while, the hero actually managed to carry his own movie and not share screen time impact with the hero. Evans owned Captain America. I can't remember the last time the hero protagonist did at for me except for Iron Man, and even then it was RDJ having fun with Tony's excessive personality.

Let's be honest here Tony Stark is RDJ playing himself which is perfect for the role but there isn't much acting involved. This role is a complete transformation for Chris Evans and he was crazy good. My favorite thing about the portrayal of Captain America is that he is always leading his group. He may not be the right man for the job or he may be scared but he will always go in first headstrong ready to get the job done no matter what.

Let's be honest here Tony Stark is RDJ playing himself which is perfect for the role but there isn't much acting involved. This role is a complete transformation for Chris Evans and he was crazy good. My favorite thing about the portrayal of Captain America is that he is always leading his group. He may not be the right man for the job or he may be scared but he will always go in first headstrong ready to get the job done no matter what.
Agreed 100%.

I'm excited to see where Evans goes with the character in Avengers, now that Steve has proven himself as a leader.

This is the biggest problem for me now. My epic fangirl crush on Chris Evans is reaching maximum overload levels. After his turn as Steve Rogers, I can't NOT love him!!

He's purrrrrfection ;)

I had this in my personal review ....

Let's get straight to Steve Rogers. I once read something (can't remember where) that Chris Evans needs to find his voice. He definitely looks like a leading man (still wish he had beefed up just a little more for the role), but there's just something about him that gets lost when he speaks. He struggles with that for large portions of the film. He did make up for it in the 3rd act "The Battle Aboard of Bomber", which BTW was my favorite thing about the entire film. Steve Rogers is definitely a straight-laced character, but I think he was played too narrowly. You can be a person of honor and value, but that doesn't mean you have to come off emotionless and again I think that's where Evans' "voice" fails to emote.

Again I thought it was a real mixed bag. He had some moments where he was Cap to me and others where I was waiting for him to grab the scene by its balls. Personally, it's not surprising after all the interviews he's done leading up to this movie. He's a guy who's not a fan of the spotlight. He's mainly taken on secondary roles because that's what he's most comfortable with.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TheCat
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"