First Avenger OFFICIAL: Chris Evans is Captain America

Status
Not open for further replies.
captainamericaewscans3.jpg

captainamericaewscans2.jpg

I think if I had waited to do the movie version of the costume next year instead of Ulti-cap last year for Halloween, it would have been a LOT easier.

Target sells a Cap shirt that you can wear under a beat/torn brown leather jacket. The pants, boots, and WWII gear are easily availabe at an Army/Navy surplus. You just have to paint the Helmet and make a shield, which would be the hardest part. Hell, if you want the round shield, they sell it at Hot Topic for $20...the shirt too.

Putting that idea out there for the Cos-play folks. I still have my Ulti-cap costume I'll be keeping.

000_0173.jpg

Mouser10-30-09.jpg

surfer I know that you didnt specifically call me a bad person I never said you did. But as I said as long as you dont treat someone you dont find attractive badly because of your feeling towards him/her I dont really see the harm.
And in all honesty I dont really feel that much sympathy for a person looks at models and feels bad about themselves.

And as I said her performance will outweigh her looks

surfer I know that you didnt specifically call me a bad person I never said you did. But as I said as long as you dont treat someone you dont find attractive badly because of your feeling towards him/her I dont really see the harm.
And in all honesty I dont really feel that much sympathy for a person looks at models and feels bad about themselves.

And as I said her performance will outweigh her looks

I'm sure I could go on about the subject, but I really don't want to derail the Cap topic anymore then it has been, and it is not like I don't understand where you are coming from, I do. So, we will hopefully leave it at that. :yay:

Surfer

..... Wanted to post this now that the trailer is legit, but whoever said Evans got bigger than Hemsworth is out of his mind.

lr2n9lf3ejjsuffse4usjldff2.jpg

nssfff2f9ljffnfffkjfffsn8f.jpg

Hemsworth has slightly bigger arms. But they're both about the same.

If the official teaser is out, does that mean that its ok to post images from the ComicCon trailer?

Hemsworth has slightly bigger arms. But they're both about the same.

Not even close. We're talking the difference between 180 and 220 .... Hemsworth's shoulders and arms are massive.

The mere fact Hemsworth has about 3 inches on Evans means that the amount of muscle he is carrying is much higher.

I was wondering the same because a while back I wanted to post those ones to show just how jacked Hemsworth got.

Yeah, I remember that. I've got them ready to go if we get the green light. :awesome:

I would say that Hemsworth has the edge in overall thickness, particularly in the tricep, deltoids and traps but regardless, surely the main underlying fact is that both guys got in great shape as befitting the characters; which can only be good for all of us fans.

Yeah. Steve should not be as big or bigger than the Odinson. Both actors look appropriate to me in terms of size. I prefer Cap to have the sleeker build. Evans, while not bigger, looks to have the more tapered look. My req's have been checked by both actors.

Yeah. Steve should not be as big or bigger than the Odinson. Both actors look appropriate to me in terms of size. I prefer Cap to have the sleeker build. Evans, while not bigger, looks to have the more tapered look. My req's have been checked by both actors.

This.

Kinda the reason why I was against the prospect of an Armie Hammer Cap as it would have messed the comparitive sizes up no end as the dude is 6'5'' and taller (and potentially bigger in terms of build after weight training) than Hemsworth. That would have been just plain wrong - a Cap who's physically bigger than Thor.

Far as I'm concerned, I'm happy with what we've got - Chris Evans is 6' to Chris Hemsworth's 6'3'', which is a 3 inch difference. Cap is 6'2'' to Thor's 6'6'', which is a 4 inch difference - so there's not much in it. The dimensions are similiar to the comics.

This.

Kinda the reason why I was against the prospect of an Armie Hammer Cap as it would have messed the comparitive sizes up no end as the dude is 6'5'' and taller (and potentially bigger in terms of build after weight training) than Hemsworth. That would have been just plain wrong - a Cap who's physically bigger than Thor.

Far as I'm concerned, I'm happy with what we've got - Chris Evans is 6' to Chris Hemsworth's 6'3'', which is a 3 inch difference. Cap is 6'2'' to Thor's 6'6'', which is a 4 inch difference - so there's not much in it. The dimensions are similiar to the comics.

Agreed. The one thing that made me giddy about SDCC was seeing Evans standing next to Hemsworth, and how both are big in size and height, I loved that Hemsworth trumped Evans in size. It just made it perfect to me. Thor should be bigger than Cap.

I always love the MY ACTOR IS BIGGER THAN YOUR ACTOR debates.

And both have shaved chests!

Mwahahaha.

:p

Though Hemsworth has always been a fan of the razor. He IS australian after all.

Just add in that pic of RDJ in a singlet and you have 'The Avengers: Hunky Man Mountains Assembled!"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"