• Secure your account

A friendly reminder to our users, please make sure your account is safe. Make sure you update your password and have an active email address to recover or change your password.

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

First Avenger Louis Leterrier's pick for Captain America

Juggernaut33

Civilian
Reaction score
Apparently Marvel Studio had such a hard-time casting Captain America that they asked all the directors that had worked with them in past to give their casting ideas for the title role. Leterrier strongly believes that Chris Evans is great actor and apparently the studio (WB) had already mentioned him for Clash of the Titans. Everybody in town is crazy about this guy. All the people involved in the motion picture Push (the editor, the composer) were raving about him. But if Leterrier had to cast Captain America...his pick would be...

Michael Fassbender

But Marvel made a point of casting an American in the role to avoid backlash from the fans community.

http://www.allocine.fr/personne/fichepersonne-70562/interviews/?cmedia=19095621

(around 21:00)

Love that guy. He was badass as Hicox in Inglourious Basterds.

Ha! The one thing Louis Leterrier would've done right in life..

I expected him to say Sam Worthington.

Good thing they didn't listen to him. He may be a fine actor for all I know but I perfer an good actor who is also American. And thats what I got.

Fassbender's my ideal Green Arrow, so I agree with those who prefer Chris for this one.

I agree fass is a great actor, but totally not the right fit for cap. Like others i see him better fit for green arrow or king version of aquaman.

Yeah, Fassbender rocks. He's young enough he could have Bind when Craig leaves. He's a busy guy but maybe they'll offer him Union Jack.

Does anyone else see the weirdness of having a German, play Captain America, who fights the Germans???

He's half German half Irish if I recall. I never have been a stickler for an American for Cap or an Englishman for Union Jack anyway.

Fassbender will be the star of my movie franchise. I don't want him in another one.

Why is this guy still flapping his gums? His Hulk failed (before you say "it made money!" remember, you have to make double your budget before you actually make a profit) and they're not making another one.

Give him a break... I still like hearing his opinions and ideas. But yeah, he's a pretty ****ty film maker.

Last edited:
Give him a break... I still like hearing his opinions and ideas. But yeah, he's a pretty ****ty film maker.

Don't get me wrong, I liked TIH. It was a good movie. But given his movie was commercially mediocre, he really doesn't have much association with Marvel anymore...he comes across as a clinger on. There's a 90% chance they're not doing a TIH 2, as much as fans (and hell, even as much as I) want one.

So why is it that Louis Letterier has made more comments than Joe Johnston has on Cap? Does he have nothing else to do other than what ifs?

yea i liked TIH alot more then the ang lee hulk film. i wished it did better in the box office. but it was a modest sucess. And as for more hulk it all probably matters what hulk is going to be in the avenger's film and all that.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stevezorz
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"