The Winter Soldier "The Price Of Freedom Is High." The Chris Evans/Captain America Thread

I can't wait until AOU wraps filming so that Chris can regrow the Beard of Hotness. The world is a sadder place with that glorious beard. :csad:

Won't he have to start filming Cap 3 right after AoU finishes? With Cap returning to the screen in 2016 (YAY :woot:), we'll have seen Cap for 6 years straight.

2011: Captain America: The First Avenger
2012: The Avengers
2013: Cameo in Thor: The Dark World
2014: Captain America: The Winter Soldier
2015: Avengers: Age of Ultron
2016: Captain America 3

And with TWS, his popularity is just now burgeoning with the GA. I'd love for Evans to renew his contract with Marvel and keep making Cap movies for the next decade, but if he hangs up the shield after Avengers 3, he's given us a great run of Captain America....

No matter who plays Cap in the future, Evans will always be THE Cap.:cap:

1x1f.jpg

http://bostonherald.com/entertainme...urys_chris_evans_vaults_captain_america_to_no

Video on page (not directly linkable) of interview with Chris saying as long as there's creativity and variety with the plot and character he can see himself playing Cap "forever" contrary to earlier reports and what Liz Smith currently believes.

Oh and how cute is Liz Smith, venerable celebrity columnist, loving this film - age 91

"LOOK, I'm 95. I'm not dead!"

That's what Chris Evans, aka Captain America, quips at one point during the fabulous "Captain America: The Winter Soldier." And I'm not the only one who thinks this movie is the greatest. It's been number one at the box office for three weeks in a row.

Whenever I write about one of these action movies, based on comic book characters, I inevitably receive a few emails from what are called "fan boys" (but this includes interested ladies, too.) They lecture me on what I don't know about the history of Batman or Superman or Spider-Man or any of the X-Men, etc. And it's true. I've never read a Marvel or Action comic. I was too busy reading Modern Screen, where I eventually started working in show biz. (Movie stars were kind of like comic book characters in a way!) I know what I know about action heroes from their movie incarnations.

And what I know about "The Winter Soldier" is that experts say it is one of the very best action films based on a comic book character ever made. It doesn't even need the comic book trappings. The movie stands alone as a twisty, exciting, thought-provoking thriller, in which our hero -- who was transformed from a nerd to a dynamo of strength during World War II -- has to redefine his role in the universe and ponder what his country does and what it expects of him. (You will be inevitably reminded of recent NSA proclivities.)

Everyone -- including an excellent Robert Redford -- performs beyond usual expectations of the genre. These actors include Samuel L. Jackson, Sebastian Stan and Scarlett Johansson (luscious as Black Widow). But it is Chris Evans who really holds the thing together. He just has ... something. I can't think of another actor who could be so convincing, so sincere, so, well -- All-American! Captain America is an iconic role, but Evans manages just the right amount of humor, humility and in this one, a rather touching disillusionment.

The fight scenes, the "action," are spectacular. Nobody looking for that alone could possibly complain. But the other side of it, the conspiracy/thriller side; that's unique, almost 007-ish.

I hope Evans reconsiders retiring from movies. He has created something truly special in Captain America. And if a subsequent film could maintain the quality of "Winter Soldier," Evans might be well-compensated enough, financially and as an artist, to stall his retreat from celebrity.

http://bostonherald.com/entertainme...urys_chris_evans_vaults_captain_america_to_no

Video on page (not directly linkable) of interview with Chris saying as long as there's creativity and variety with the plot and character he can see himself playing Cap "forever" contrary to earlier reports and what Liz Smith currently believes.

Oh and how cute is Liz Smith, venerable celebrity columnist, loving this film - age 91

That is a nice little video, not just because Chris still had the Beard of Hotness. He has said in other interviews that he might keep doing Marvel films for a while, which will make every fan happy. The fact that Marvel makes quality films is what makes Chris happy, which is understandable given the regrets he has expressed over some of the disappointing movies he has been in. I've got my fingers crossed that he will decide to renew his contract like RDJ did after AOU/Cap3. Chris is only 33. He can play Steve Rogers for years yet. :awesome:

That is a nice little video, not just because Chris still had the Beard of Hotness. He has said in other interviews that he might keep doing Marvel films for a while, which will make every fan happy. The fact that Marvel makes quality films is what makes Chris happy, which is understandable given the regrets he has expressed over some of the disappointing movies he has been in. I've got my fingers crossed that he will decide to renew his contract like RDJ did after AOU/Cap3. Chris is only 33. He can play Steve Rogers for years yet. :awesome:

Considering the fact that RDJ is still playing Iron Man even though he's 50, I agree that at 33 Evans is way too young to be thinking about retiring from acting, especially since I think TWS is probably his highest-grossing movie where he is the headlining star. I think his career hasn't reached its apex yet and could go even higher later.

From what we have heard so far, CAP 3 will have steve looking for bucky.
if that is the case steve won't be needing a new suit. In fact he doesn't even need a suit to be looking for bucky. He is not longer working for shield. hence no need for uniform.

I think we may only get 1 cap suit in CAP 3 ( for final battle ). we get at least 2 variation of cap suit per movie so far though

what you guys think?

From what we have heard so far, CAP 3 will have steve looking for bucky.
if that is the case steve won't be needing a new suit. In fact he doesn't even need a suit to be looking for bucky. He is not longer working for shield. hence no need for uniform.

I think we may only get 1 cap suit in CAP 3 ( for final battle ). we get at least 2 variation of cap suit per movie so far though

what you guys think?

Steve is getting a new suit for AOU, though it isn't radically different from his WWII replica uniform in TWS. For the search for Bucky, I would think that he would go back to that vintage uniform because he wants to connect with his old friend by jogging his memory. Steve will want to look the way he did when they fought together during the war.

I was impressed by all the different ways the directors and screenwriters found to use Cap's shield. For such a simple device it had offensive, defensive, and general utilitarian purposes throughout the film.

It was cool how Cap informed SHIELD's staff what was going on and let them handle it. That reminded me of TDK, I mean how ordinary citizens are depicted stepping up to the plate and doing the right thing. It really fleshes out the world and shows why the hero is willing to sacrifice himself for the public.

So, I didn´t see a thread for Chris Evans in the Celebs section, so I´m posting it here... this movie should had been released in US already, it took long but a year later it is finally coming out, if anyone is curious, here is the band red trailer :woot:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qXm_Wx4Vq_o

tumblr_n5a7td4Rva1qg1z4no2_250.gif
tumblr_n5a7td4Rva1qg1z4no1_250.gif

(X)

Iron Man, Ultron & Captain America
10384464_915799031770003_3036166903586295920_n.jpg

Cap & Thor in Avengers: Age Of Ultron
Captain-America-Thor_612x380.jpg

Last edited:
I would love it if he kept playing Cap. But eventually he'll get tired of it and i'm glad that the Falcon could potentially take over when that happens.

CRITICS CHOICE NOMINATIONS

SCI-FI/HORROR MOVIE
The Babadook
Dawn of the Planet of the Apes
Interstellar
Snowpiercer
Under the Skin

tumblr_ngn61tnbNk1sr2sdgo1_1280.jpg

ACTION MOVIE
American Sniper
Captain America: The Winter Soldier
Edge of Tomorrow
Fury
Guardians of the Galaxy

ACTOR IN AN ACTION MOVIE
Bradley Cooper – American Sniper
Tom Cruise – Edge of Tomorrow
Chris Evans – Captain America: The Winter Soldier
Brad Pitt – Fury
Chris Pratt – Guardians of the Galaxy

Chris Evans - Captain America wins @ The People Choice awards for Action Movie actor.

And while he won for best action star, I really believe it's moments like this is why he is getting such a huge fan base.

[YT]ILdD0dsUopg[/YT]

Here's Ryan Meinerding unused Cap design from Captain America: Winter Soldier! It was going to be an update to the Avengers costume in the climatic battle against Bucky instead of the golden age suit.

w17nrk.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"