Infinity War Captain America|Steve Rogers - Chris Evans

The Caped Knight

Shield Avenger
Reaction score
j7x9a8.jpg

"We may not be perfect, but the safest hands are still our own."​

Chris Evans returns as Steve Rogers, reprising his role for the sixth time since debuting in Marvel's Captain America: The First Avenger in 2011. The ramification of Civil War will be felt and unresolved going into Infinity War with a disassembled Avengers team and a rogue Rogers who has abandoned the mantel of Captain America…

As the stakes are put to the ultimate test with the incoming threat of Thanos, How will Rogers return and when he does will he be grabbed with a newly designed outfit and shield???? Plus we he finally utter the famous battle cry words "AVENGERS ASSEMBLE!?" :cap:

I really want to see a sequence like this that was depicted in The Infinity Gauntlet comic
Hero-Envy-Captain-America-7a.jpg

Hero-Envy-Captain-America-7b.jpg

1873291-667010_thanos_super.jpg

Cap going toe-to-toe with Thanos!

With Captain America's creative team in charge of IW and its sequel, it's a sure bet that we will see his famous confrontation with Thanos play out in some form.

With Captain America's creative team in charge of IW and its sequel, it's a sure bet that we will see his famous confrontation with Thanos play out in some form.

I hope so. In Civil War, I was hoping he'd be the one to give his famous "No, you move!" speech rather than hear it from someone else.

I hope so. In Civil War, I was hoping he'd be the one to give his famous "No, you move!" speech rather than hear it from someone else.

Yeah, that was a weak move. To take one of his most iconic speeches away from him :(

The fact it was included was good enough for me. Also given that Peggy said them and Sharon delivered them was just the right Sort of boost Steve needed to strengthen his resolve .

We comic book fan can appreciate the inclusion and the fact the source material was quoted.
i1ikc6.jpg

Well, I for one, am at least glad they reworked it. lol. The river of truth might have been just a tad too much.

Besides, if he says it now, even movie-only fans would get the reference.

I still wish he was the one who said it. The movie had him needing to hear it after he was beginning to waver a bit on his stance whereas in the comics when he said it it felt more powerful because it really showed why he so strongly fought against the SRA, and yeah I know the whole "right to choose" scene also showed that in the movie but the "No, you move!" speech would have been more epic, plus it's his most iconic speech

Wonder if he has a new suit since he is no longer Captain America.

2271274-the_many_looks_of_captain_america_20080129031638543_000.jpg

Too bad we are not getting the Nomad suit. XD

The fact it was included was good enough for me. Also given that Peggy said them and Sharon delivered them was just the right Sort of boost Steve needed to strengthen his resolve .

We comic book fan can appreciate the inclusion and the fact the source material was quoted.
i1ikc6.jpg

Yeah they reworked it well I thought, and honestly, that speech hasn't held up terribly well in light of the world we live in

on one hand, it's noble "Stand for what you believe in no matter what"
on the other, it can be used to deny things like 'facts' and 'reality' "It doesn't matter if everyone tells you you're wrong, you fight for what you believe"
well no.. if every single person you meet tells you you're wrong... you're, well, probably f***in' wrong

j7x9a8.jpg

"We may not be perfect, but the safest hands are still our own."​

Chris Evans returns as Steve Rogers, reprising his role for the sixth time since debuting in Marvel's Captain America: The First Avenger in 2011. The ramification of Civil War will be felt and unresolved going into Infinity War with a disassembled Avengers team and a rogue Rogers who has abandoned the mantel of Captain America…

As the stakes are put to the ultimate test with the incoming threat of Thanos, How will Rogers return and when he does will he be grabbed with a newly designed outfit and shield???? Plus we he finally utter the famous battle cry words "AVENGERS ASSEMBLE!?" :cap:

I can see him wearing a black or dark blue outfit echoing his First Avenger costume.

Something about that pic just commands respect. MCU really casts perfectly.

Yeah they reworked it well I thought, and honestly, that speech hasn't held up terribly well in light of the world we live in

on one hand, it's noble "Stand for what you believe in no matter what"
on the other, it can be used to deny things like 'facts' and 'reality' "It doesn't matter if everyone tells you you're wrong, you fight for what you believe"
well no.. if every single person you meet tells you you're wrong... you're, well, probably f***in' wrong
Disagree overall with that view. It basically holds up as well as it ever did. After all if you go to different points in history you could have everyone telling you something wrong is something right. It doesn't mean you are wrong. Just that you are wrong in the viewpoint of that society.

The saying means the same then as it does now. If you believe something is right then you should hold your ground. If you are wrong or a horrible person then obviously it isn't going to work out very well. But everyone saying you are wrong doesn't necessarily mean you are. It probably is more valid now than ever. Since people would go at it with the mindset of "if everyone says you are wrong then you probably are." No, that's not what it means. The majority can be wrong. Whether it is now, 100 years ago, or 100 years in the future. The majority can be wrong about something.

It was well used in Civil War as a focus for Captain America's actions. In this modern society that kind of viewpoint probably wouldn't be accepted, which is why he ends up a fugitive. Doesn't mean he was wrong to hold his ground though on what he believed was right.

Well I was more specifically pointing to him saying "the whole world"
not a majority, the whole freaking mass of humanity, every single person, that should at the very least make you consider your ideas and actions.

And really, I wasn't saying it's not noble, it definitely is, to stand for what you believe in

My point was that it could be misinterpreted and abused by some **cough**alt-right**cough**trump**cough** to convince themselves that "Hey, my point of view is right, it doesn't matter if everyone on the planet is calling me a racist, narcissistic sack of s**t... they can eat a bag of d***s.... see, Cap agrees with me"

Last edited:
That's not misinterpreting it though, that is exactly what it means.

Trick is that the majority should be able to convince the person disagreeing. If they can't do that, the person should follow their conscience. Now that raises worry that the person might do something hurtful. But the person should realize that the majority should also follow their conscience. Meaning that they might retaliate in certain cases. That usually leads to compromises, because the disagreeing person wants to continue living with others and they realize that majority would win any fights. That's what the democratic society is, tyranny of the majority.

Now superpowers make things interesting. Suddenly individuals have means to defend their values and resist compromises. What should they do?

Trick is that the majority should be able to convince the person disagreeing. If they can't do that, the person should follow their conscience.

Belief is the most powerful thing in the world but you can believe in the wrong things. Sometimes people just choose to be stupid and there is nothing you can do about that except run them over. Some prefer to die before accepting truth because that's just who they are, and some of those would prefer to take the rest of us with them. The majority has control but the minority can be extreme. It takes two to tango but if one side doesn't want to cooperate the whole thing falls apart and no one dances.

"No, you move." is not a position of compromise. Cap is the minority and moving towards the extreme because any position of compromise means he lost the fight.

Now superpowers guns make things interesting. Suddenly individuals have means to defend their values and resist compromises. What should they do?

They should be adults but that seems to be asking a lot of some folks.

I can't wait to see Cap in this. Does anyone else have a bit of trouble re-watching The Avengers and staring at his suit, though? I love the evolution of it, but it looks so bad in retrospect in that film.

But yes please give him the "as long as one man stands against you" line.

Belief is the most powerful thing in the world but you can believe in the wrong things. Sometimes people just choose to be stupid and there is nothing you can do about that except run them over. Some prefer to die before accepting truth because that's just who they are, and some of those would prefer to take the rest of us with them. The majority has control but the minority can be extreme. It takes two to tango but if one side doesn't want to cooperate the whole thing falls apart and no one dances.

"No, you move." is not a position of compromise. Cap is the minority and moving towards the extreme because any position of compromise means he lost the fight.

They should be adults but that seems to be asking a lot of some folks.

Excellent points. I would add that following one's beliefs only works when people are completely honest to themselves.

I would have never thought of comparing guns to superpowers. So why don't most gun owners just shoot people that oppose their morals? Luckily most have beliefs that wont let them hurt others. Some might be afraid of society's reaction. Being in jail doesn't fit most people's goals. I guess combination of these two is what you call being an adult. Or do you mean it more like that individuals should respect others, even in disagreements? But isn't that then part of person's morals and they are again doing what they believe is right?

I can't wait to see Cap in this. Does anyone else have a bit of trouble re-watching The Avengers and staring at his suit, though? I love the evolution of it, but it looks so bad in retrospect in that film.

The Cap movies are my favourite in the MCU but yes his costume in the first Avengers movie was pretty bad. My favourite was actually the one from CA: TFA.

I would have never thought of comparing guns to superpowers. So why don't most gun owners just shoot people that oppose their morals?

Because most people are more mature and have more humility than Steve Rogers. The Russos went out of their way to make the Sokovia Accords Orwellian, but in reality the principle of the registration and regulation of human war machines by the will of the people is perfectly reasonable. On the other hand the notion that Steve should be allowed to do whatever he thinks is right simply because he himself has unilaterally decided that he's some sort of bastion of morality represents quite infantile thinking on his part. Well, either that or supreme arrogance.

Last edited:
Panacea :up: Imagine if everyone acted like Cap, we would have gun fights in the streets and the last one standing is the one that's proven right. "You move" "No, you move" :woo

Last edited:
To be fair, Steve agreed to sign before he found out about Wanda. So, no, he didn't take Peggy's "No, you move" too close to heart.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Netizen95
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"