The First Avenger - Captain America/Steve Rogers Thread

d4nGDJ1.jpg

NgYicCo.jpg

9RMsZyz.jpg

ZbQRqcO.jpg

n3QUEUL.jpg

VmnDSOn.jpg

Discuss the first Avenger!

I think they should let Chris grow a little stubble and have Thor grow a full fledged beard. He looks too pretty bare faced.

Yeah I wouldn't mind that. I especially would like to see Hemsworth grow out a full on beard.

Rogers however has always been a pretty clean shaven man.

Chris Evans is perfect for Cap, I can't imagine anyone else, the more I look at him, the more I think of Captain America, what a casting by Marvel

Definitely.

In my view he's given us one of the better dramatic performances of all the guys. All of them are great but Evan's genuineness when approaching the character has made watching every second of his Captain America a great one.

I was pretty upset when he was cast, and I think he has given us a pretty good portrayal, I still think they could have gotten some one better but its not a big deal.

Thank you for creating this finally a Cap thread thank you so much !!!!!!!! :applaud

...I swear we had one at one time....Scratches head and wanders out

Definitely.

In my view he's given us one of the better dramatic performances of all the guys. All of them are great but Evan's genuineness when approaching the character has made watching every second of his Captain America a great one.
I agree. I love all of the other Avengers, but Evans has been fantastic as Cap.

I hope Cap's outfit is more like the traditional one from the comics with the chain mill from the comics.

It's not chain mail, it's scale mail. It doesn't even look good in the comics, IMO. There is no reason for it in the MCU since the modern body armor available to Cap would use different materials and be far less obvious. What the costume designers have done in translating Cap's uniform to the films has been more or less perfect.

I actually like that newer plate over the Scale Mail. Either way I love the way the Cap costumes are looking

His new Captain Rogers is the best looking so far, so I'm hoping they bring a suit with similar material but give it more traditional Captain America colours for AOU.

The way the TWS suit is constructed is perfect. That build with the traditional design/colors would be the best translation we could hope for. IF and I mean IF they could translate the "suggested" look of the scale mail, either through a quilted material pattern or texture of some kind like the new marvel Now suit, but less.. complicated, I would be happy.

As it stands, I've loved every suit they've come up with so far, and I have utter faith they will continue to impress me with bringing my favorite hero to life.

I hope Cap's outfit is more like the traditional one from the comics with the chain mill from the comics.
I hate the chain, it looks way too unrealistic and comic-ky, I'd prefer those from the MCU much much more :yay:

So far all of the costumes in the MCU looks great, it help bring the heroes to life

May I be the first one to say this...

Cap needs to shout "AVENGERS, ASSEMBLE!" on this one.

Seconded (or thirded?).

I like his new Stealth suit, but I love the old fashioned WWII more; the Avengers one is okay, but I dislike it the most.

I hope Cap's new abilities carry over into Avengers: AoU, and I can't wait to see his new suit.

And I sort of want to see an extended fight between him and Stark. I don't see why they would do that, but I'd like to see it. Maybe Cap goes rogue after TWS, so SHIELD hires Stark to chase him down, they fight, then Cap convinces Stark to join him in his fight against the corrupted SHIELD, who then uses Ultron to take them down instead.

Or something.

Cap's TWS costume is easily the best so far. Wasn't a fan of the Avengers look.

I liked the Avengers suit a lot, but I can agree with those complaints about the helmet. It needed those exposed ears like the TWS suit (which is just fantastic all around). If we could get a hybrid between the two suits (like the build of the TWS suit with colors/design elements closer the TA one) then that would probably be my new favorite.

What I'm most looking forward to with Cap in AoS is his dynamic with the group now that his leadership role has pretty much been established. Since the team has already been forced to get over their differences and come together in the first one, I imagine Cap's role within the group will finally be as it usually is in the comics (in which most of the stories have a well-established Cap calling the shots in modern times), and that excites me. It looks like he basically is that guy in TWS, but it'll be particularly fun to see it in the context of the Avengers team, imo.

Last edited:
I liked the Avengers suit a lot, but I can agree with those complaints about the helmet. It needed those exposed ears like the TWS suit (which is just fantastic all around). If we could get a hybrid between the two suits (like the build of the TWS suit with colors/design elements closer the TA one) then that would probably be my new favorite.

What I'm most looking forward to with Cap in AoS is his dynamic with the group now that his leadership role has pretty much been established. Since the team has already been forced to get over their differences and come together in the first one, I imagine Cap's role within the group will finally be as it usually is in the comics (in which most of the stories have a well-established Cap calling the shots in modern times), and that excites me. It looks like he basically is that guy in TWS, but it'll be particularly fun to see it in the context of the Avengers team, imo.

I agree! Cap's evolution is going to be exciting to see. He has a distinct dynamic with all of them while maintaining his core, so that's going to be dope to see onscreen.

Just use the materials of the TWS suit, put red white and blue on them, and give him the open eared helmet with wings on the side and it's perfect.

I didn't care for Evans as Captain America at first, but seeing The Avengers totally made me do a 180. Like that part when Fury says, "No. They're won with soldiers," then cut to Cap punching a bag. :up: I really enjoyed his role in The Avengers, looking forward to the next.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"