Civil War Captain America: Sentinel of Liberty - (Chris Evans)

Status
Not open for further replies.
tumblr_o62xav9s4P1sv18gso1_540.png

Those curves. :ilv:

tumblr_o62xav9s4P1sv18gso1_540.png

Those curves. :ilv:

Damn.

He seems much more comfortable with all the muscle now, he's been maintaining his current shape since shooting TWS, right?

I remember he used to complain about being too big in TFA, and he was a lot slimmer in TA. Seems to have finally found the right balance because he's definitely at his peak.

Right after Civil War he dropped about 15lbs of muscle to make Gifted. He seems to have most of that back but he's not as big as he is when he starts a Marvel film.

The question was who would he, CHRIS EVANS date? It's a known fact that Evans personally loves brunettes with bountiful arses, just look at all the women he has dated in the past who share these assets. He even said that he was an arse man a few times. So no wonder Evans would choose brunette, voluptuous Peggy :cwink:.

tumblr_o63qv5Nhjr1rpf3pso3_250.gif

Is this damage control from his previous love interest answer.

It's not damage control. This interview is from the same day he talked about Nat, that is, he didn't even know about the drama that was going on about what he said.

It couldn't possibly be because Sharon's relationship with Cap is pretty much the linchpin of her existence so far in the MCU. If that doesn't exist what's her purpose?
The same could be said about Bucky, Peggy, and Sam in their first appearances. I and many others in the SC thread have raised this stating that she was shortchanged in TWS and wasn't developed more.

Steve Rogers as a character has far more relationships - romantic, work and friendship as well as his own individual purpose as a character and a hero. Sharon doesn't even crack the top 5 relationships Steve has in this movie. Even so he does his job - on screen whether he agrees with it or not.
Who's fault is that?

Evans rarely bull****s. He's pretty much a straight shooter and if can't outright say what he wants to rather than be forced into saying something he doesn't mean or agree with his modus operandi is to skirt around a question by making a joke.
I was referring to this gif. This is what came across as fake to me because it sounded like he didn't mean it.

That said he was asked about which character he'd choose if this was real life and as much as he loves Scarlett and BW he said he wouldn't choose her because of the whole killer thing. :hehe: That and Peggy's awesome - who wouldn't choose her?
Like what I said earlier:

The question was who would he, CHRIS EVANS date? It's a known fact that Evans personally loves brunettes with bountiful arses, just look at all the women he has dated in the past who share these assets. He even said that he was an arse man a few times. So no wonder Evans would choose brunette, voluptuous Peggy :cwink:.

It's not damage control. This interview is from the same day he talked about Nat, that is, he didn't even know about the drama that was going on about what he said.
Same day, but not the same time. A Marvel publicist could've had a word and corrected him straight after the press conference, you never know.

The same could be said about Bucky, Peggy, and Sam in their first appearances. I and many others in the SC thread have raised this stating that she was shortchanged in TWS and wasn't developed more.

Who's fault is that?

Not Chris Evans', so what's your point? That he should lie and say this is an important relationship to his Steve Rogers? Or that this is the relationship he sees as the best or most interesting one or his character?

I was referring to this gif. This is what came across as fake to me because it sounded like he didn't mean it.

Like what I said earlier:

Same day, but not the same time. A Marvel publicist could've had a word and corrected him straight after the press conference, you never know.

Why ever would a Marvel publicist tell him he shouldn't prefer Black Widow as a current romantic interest for Steve Rogers? Maybe they should give Mackie and Stan the same memo about their own characters. If he was being forced to tow some Marvel agenda then he'd have been told to choose Sharon. He didn't.

He's answering two different questions and gave two different answers.

1) Who does he think Steve should be with now (note Peggy is dead) and 2) In real life which character would he Chris Evans choose

Last edited:
Wait I'm sorry but what kind of priorities do people think publicists have? :funny:

"Grrrr, you picked the wrong love interest! :argh: "

I'm thinking people still don't realize the MCU and the comics are two completely separate entities at this point and what happens in one doesn't mean it'll happen in the other.

http://www.alphamagazine.ae/features/chris-evans-is-back-as-captain-america-1.1809824

Chris Evans is back as Captain America

Turns out Chris Evans wasn’t too sure about taking on the role of Captain America when he was first offered the part. But after five years and five movies in which he has donned the famous blue suit, we can’t imagine the character being played by anyone else. He spoke to alpha about the latest in the franchise, Captain America: Civil War, which stars a raft of Hollywood’s finest

Chris Evans is an all round good guy, known around the world for his valiant rendition of the comic book superhero Steve Rogers, AKA Captain America. Evans first put on the costume back in 2011 in Marvel’s blockbuster hit Captain America: The First Avenger, which ended up grossing over $369 million (Dh1.35 billion) at the box office. His performance in the movie secured him a mainstay Captain America role in future Marvel films. He’s reprised the character in: The Avengers, Thor: The Dark World, Captain America: The Winter Soldier, Avengers: Age of Ultron, Ant-Man, and now Captain America: Civil War.

Nowadays, Evans can be spotted in full Captain America attire just about anywhere: on billboards, posters, in a video game — as well as on backpacks, lunch boxes, and T-shirts. Though his schedule has been packed filling the shoes of the superhero for the Marvel universe, he’s also managed to build up an impressive resume on other projects.

He played the lead role in the sci-fi thriller the Snowpiercer (2013) and the romantic comedy Playing It Cool (2014), and directed and starred in Before We Go (2014). Off the screen he lends his time to several charities such as The Make-A-Wish Foundation, Boston’s Children Hospital, and Concord Youth Theatre. Last year he showed up at a Seattle Children’s hospital with actor buddy Chris Pratt in full Captain America attire lifting the spirits of several sick children in the hospital. We caught up with him for a chat about all things Captain America.

How did you get the Captain America role?

Initially they had asked me to audition. And I was thrilled about it, but then the more I kind of thought about it, I wasn’t sure if that was what I was looking to do. And I ended up saying, “No thanks.” And it’s kind of a funny progression of events. The more I kind of said “no thanks” the more they kind of pursued me. And it kind of got to a point, were Kevin Feige just said look, if you want it, it’s yours.

What did you think about when you first read the scripts for the Captain Americas?

Well, it’s great! The scripts in the Marvel universe are kind of ever-evolving animals. So there is always a willingness to collaborate and make dialogue fit, the way the characters are looking to kind of make them fit, and [Christopher] Markus and [Stephen] McFeely are kind of real dynamos in that regard. Because no matter what you need out of them they’re able to do it on the day. Even if you thought you like something and on the day you’re like “for some reason, it’s not quite gelling for me,” they can run off into a corner and come back 10 minutes later and have about 30 options. They really are special writers.

In the Captain America: Civil War trailer you and Bucky are fighting Tony Stark (Iron Man), what’s that all about?

Well you know, I can’t tell you that! You are gonna have to see the movie!

Captain America: Civil War gets a little bit political between Steve Rogers, the Avengers, and Tony Stark, can you explain a little bit about what’s going on?

Man, I don’t know how much I can tell you! I mean I can tell you that you know, Civil War kind of opens with the Avengers being held somewhat responsible; there are a lot of world governments who feel that the Avengers are operating as this kind of vigilante group. Doesn’t sit well with a lot of different people, even though we’ve saved the world many different times, we’ve left quite a lot of collateral damage. So they present to us, the Sokovia Accords, which basically says the Avengers will have to report to the UN (United Nations) and kind of tell us when, where, and who we’ll fight. And in a little bit of a role reversal Tony Stark, who has always kind of danced to the beat of his own drum, feels somewhat responsible and guilty for the wake we’ve left in NYC, DC, and Sokovia most recently, so he’s on board with 
these Accords.

Steve Rogers who has always been a company man — he’s been a soldier really – believes in the government and the structured hierarchy of orders. He is actually coming off of taking down S.H.I.E.LD and seeing the infiltration of HYDRA within an organisation he trusted, so he kind of feels that the safest hands are his own, and doesn’t feel that the right thing to do is sign the Accord, so right then a little bit of a friction is born between Steve and Tony.

How much of your own stunts are you doing in these movies?

You try to do as much as you can. It really would be a slap in the face to some of these guys who are just absolutely amazing. Some of our stunt guys are just phenomenal! The things they do. The balls, really, that these guys come to work with every day is unbelievable. So again, you try to do as much as you can. I don’t have the luxury of hiding behind, kind of a full face mask. Even when I have that Captain America helmet thing, you still see my face, so you try to do as much as you can. But obviously there are some things, whether it’s the studio feeling it’s not safe enough or I just simply don’t have the ability sometimes… those stunt guys just step in and just really do their job so damn well! We wouldn’t have these movies without them.

Can you explain your workout regimen?

I wish it was this cool, sexy thing that I could go into in an interesting fashion, but it’s really pretty simple. Everyone is trying to look for a unique workout, but you just go to the gym and you pick heavy stuff up and you put it back down, until you can’t do it anymore... and that’s really how simple it is. I don’t really have much to say other than that. You know, I do the same workouts that you see every other guy at the gym doing. You get out what you put in, really. You know what I mean? If you really bust your butt in there you’ll see results.

How is it working with the Russo brothers? Are they different from one another?

They’re fantastic! They’re great! No they’re very similar to each other. You know, it’s very strange. Maybe they each have a different way of speaking with the actors. I get along with them both so phenomenally well! They really do share a brain. It’s nice to see them balance ideas off of one another. You know, that’s the trickiest thing with movies like this. There are so many balls in the air and so many bases to cover. It’s really nice to see them say, “Wait, wait, should we do that? No we don’t need that. Wait we do need that. You know what we should do.” You see each one of them kind of fact check the other. And it brings a sense of security, typically when you have more than one director.

And I gotta be honest, when I heard brothers; my initial reaction was “OK, I hope that works.” Sometimes too many cooks in that kitchen can get hairy, but with these guys, the more the merrier! They really do a wonderful job sharing the workload and getting everything they need out of every person on set.

Is there a lot of camaraderie with that big list of actors on set?

Yeah, sometimes too much fun! I mean we all get along so well now. You know, this is our third or fourth film — some of us — together. So these are good friends and family members. It’s just people you love to be around doing the thing you love to do, having a ball. And there’s plenty of good times to be had.

I have been super impressed with the marketing for this movie as well as the dedication of the actors to promote the film. It appears that they have been enjoying themselves and it makes these junkets fun for fans.

Not Chris Evans', so what's your point?
The point is that it's not necessarily Evans fault. It was the russos who pushed for BW to have a bigger role in TWS.

That he should lie and say this is an important relationship to his Steve Rogers? Or that this is the relationship he sees as the best or most interesting one or his character?
This is a straw man argument because I never mentioned that, you're putting words in my mouth. I was only referring to that gif where he talks about BW and it came across as fake to me.

Why ever would a Marvel publicist tell him he shouldn't prefer Black Widow as a current romantic interest for Steve Rogers? Maybe they should give Mackie and Stan the same memo about their own characters. If he was being forced to tow some Marvel agenda then he'd have been told to choose Sharon. He didn't.

He's answering two different questions and gave two different answers.

1) Who does he think Steve should be with now (note Peggy is dead) and 2) In real life which character would he Chris Evans choose
Hence when I said "you never know" implying it could've happened, it could not have. Of course Evans has his own opinions, and I can't help but be disappointed because what he said is reflective of how poorly the MCU has handled Sharon and Staron.

Wait I'm sorry but what kind of priorities do people think publicists have? :funny:

"Grrrr, you picked the wrong love interest! :argh: "
Well they are trying to sell this movie and that includes selling the Steve and Sharon relationship and like I said, "you never know". No doubt Evans and Renner got spoken to after they jokingly called BW a ****e where Evans even issued an apology.

You complained that Evans isn't showing his comic book knowledge like Emily (erroneous in itself) and that he should be doing a better job selling it even he has to lie. So yeah, you are blaming him for not waving the Steve/Sharon banner.

Again your supposition about the publicist making him change his tune makes absolutely no sense. If he was forced to change his tune he'd have been forced into choosing Sharon - which he did not do.

Why do fans insist on imposing their shipping stuff on to actors. This is like the Clintasha, BuckyNat, Romanoger etc fans angry with Ruffalo and even Scarlett for talking at all positively about Brutasha as if they personally offended or betrayed them. Or Stucky fans upset at Chris & Sebastain for saying they think they love each other like brothers. I've read a few angrily calling them homophobic. It's ridiculous.

You complained that Evans isn't showing his comic book knowledge like Emily (erroneous in itself) and that he should be doing a better job selling it even he has to lie. So yeah, you are blaming him for not waving the Steve/Sharon banner.

Again your supposition about the publicist making him change his tune makes absolutely no sense. If he was forced to change his tune he'd have been forced into choosing Sharon - which he did not do.

Why do fans insist on imposing their shipping stuff on to actors. This is like the Clintasha, BuckyNat, Romanoger etc fans angry with Ruffalo and even Scarlett for talking at all positively about Brutasha as if they personally offended or betrayed them. Or Stucky fans upset at Chris & Sebastain for saying they think they love each other like brothers. I've read a few angrily calling them homophobic. It's ridiculous.

Yes to all of this. At first, I thought it was amusing but it's gotten ridiculous. I think we all know what Steve/Sharon was to each other in the comics. However, I didn't like their relationship in the comics and there is nothing written that says Chris has to be in favor of it either, especially when it doesn't seem to play a part in the MCU. Again, it's ridiculous.

London Press Conference: On strained muscles, helicopters & Dr. RDJ

[YT]vkGtJ4rBKUU[/YT]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Netizen95