Civil War Captain America: Sentinel of Liberty - (Chris Evans)

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Caped Knight

Shield Avenger
Reaction score
Continue the discussion talking about Chris Evans tailored fit role as Cap, As he reprises the role of Captain Steve Rogers for 5th time in the MCU. From The First Avenger, To The Avengers, followed by The Winter Soldier, Age of Ultron & Captain America 3.:cap:
2wp2jhs.png

Last edited:
Evans is great, gonna be a little to see someone else play Steve.

i hope Sentinel of Liberty isn't the name of the third movie.. it's cheesy :D

If Chris does not comeback for Cap 3, I have a feeling this is what we are going to get.
10347238_10151910004934364_2022068356950919381_n.jpg

Why wouldn't Chris come back for 3? And I don't think they'd bring Falcon in as Cap so soon, especially since he's brand new in the comics. Sebastian Stan is signed for like 7 more films. They'd have Bucky Cap before Falcon Cap.

Why wouldn't Chris come back for 3? And I don't think they'd bring Falcon in as Cap so soon, especially since he's brand new in the comics. Sebastian Stan is signed for like 7 more films. They'd have Bucky Cap before Falcon Cap.

Thank God! Also it's already confirmed that Chris will be back for Cap 3 .

Man, everyone is so damn sure that Steve ends with Evans.

Indeed, I believe Evans has also talked about not leaving at all and playing Cap "forever" during the TWS promotions, so, yeah.

Also, whether they'd do Bucky Cap or FAlcon Cap is a toss up. Maybe both? Who will wield the Shield and all that? Be an interesting way to take on the Two Americas storyline.

I think Evans' new deal might involve having him direct some Marvel stuff for them to ge his toes wet with big epic stuff.

Indeed, I believe Evans has also talked about not leaving at all and playing Cap "forever" during the TWS promotions, so, yeah..

I think that's sarcasm, but I'm not sure.

My point is that Marvel have let an actor's involvement affect the movies precisely zero times.

When Terrence Howard was asking for too much money, they recast him instead of saying that Rhodey was KIA.

When Norton didn't want to return, they recast instead of bringing in William Hurt as the Red Hulk.

And when Downey still hadn't extended his contract while making Iron Man 3, they didn't kill him off and let Rhodey take over. Sadly.

I wouldn't rule out death of Cap as a storyline that might happen, but it is premature to be thinking Marvel is already committed to it.

I mean for crying out loud, Sam isn't even Cap yet.

It wasn't sarcasm - Video interview with Chris promoting TWS responding the question of many films he think he could make playing the same character - saying as long as there's creativity and variety with the plot and character he can see himself playing Cap "forever".

http://bostonherald.com/entertainme...urys_chris_evans_vaults_captain_america_to_no

As for killing off Steve with Falcon or Bucky becoming CA - Feige has said his plan is to James Bond the roles - not reboot or kill off. Either way the next Cap movie is in 2016 and then there's Avengers 3 probably in 2018 or 2019 so Evans will be playing Steve Rogers who I assume with still be Cap for another 4-5 years. A 4th CA probably wouldn't be until around 2020 or so.

I know it's unlikely, but I hope they stuck with the AOU suit for Cap 3.
3741434-ookm.jpg

3741425-2glf.jpg

3741432-llel.jpg

3741428-6z9i.jpg

I have my problems with Evans. He just does not seem to be a leader. I have detected a lack of charisma in him. He is easily the most uninteresting person in every scene. That is what *I* say.

It would be great if they somehow worked it out so Chris can play Cap beyond Avengers 3. I was rewatching CA:TFA, and I honestly feel his performance is underrated in so many ways, even after TWS. There is something about him that's so earnest and endearing in the role, so uncynical and opposite the gritty, ambiguous nature of today's superheroes. Even in TWS, when he gets a little more world-weary and cynical, he never loses that inherent desire to see humanity be better than they are.

Evans *is* Steve Rogers. He's just so darn good in the role. I'm hard pressed to think of anyone who'd be able to step into his shoes. I definitely think he embodies the leadership that Cap's known for.

MTV interview with Chris Evans

This was posted in the other thread but it is worth seeing it here because it is more about Chris continuity as Cap than the actual plot for Cap 3.:woot:

On tumblr fans would go on rebloging his joke on passing up the torch, than his clarification on not being done with Cap: "don´t take away my job prematurely". :doh:

Chris really has embraced the role and is setting a high bar if anyone else ever plays Steve Rogers.

I think Chris Evans will be Cap for a good while. First if Cap 3 performs I suspect his payday will be good.

Mr. Evans wants to direct. Guess who hires directors, studios people.
Imagine if you will.

Chris really love you as Cap, can we talk. If you will do another Cap movie, A4 and a GOTG/avengers crossover event. We will have you direct say 3 episodes of a Disney or ABC show. Then 1 feature film. Cream rises if his work is good. Jobs will come.

Only thing that will necessitate a new Cap is the workouts.
The Marvel leading men are work out beasts

If Chris does not comeback for Cap 3, I have a feeling this is what we are going to get.
10347238_10151910004934364_2022068356950919381_n.jpg

That is the result of decades of comic history.
I don't understand why as soon as something new happens in comics people feel it will automatically be translated to film.
I really don't see why Marvel Studios would blow its load so quickly, they are in this for the long run and have plenty of stories to tell before making Thor a women, having Falcon take Cap's mantle and any number of new happenings.

Feige had said that he wanted to treat this universe like the James Bond one, so just because Evans contract will expire does not mean they will kill him off.

Excerpts from the Russos recent press on Cap 2 & 3 concerning Chris

http://www.comicbookresources.com/?page=article&id=55389

Having been fans of the Captain America character for so long, how did you feel about the character coming out of the film? Did you either get a greater appreciation of some of his qualities or look at him in different lights in your filmmaking process?

Anthony Russo: It's interesting because with directors, in terms of what that character is, it's a partnership with Chris Evans in terms of how we sort of realized what that character is and figure out who that character is. We had very clear ideas going into the movie, but once you see Chris perform it and sort of make the choices he makes on that level, I think that brings the character into even more focus and sort of shapes him in a way for us that's really exciting. Joe and I, we've commented to each other, "Gosh -- he couldn't be a more perfect Captain America." The way he holds together -- it's such a difficult character, in a way, that makes him feel cool and relatable and exciting, inspiring. It's really remarkable. I think just sort of seeing the range of what he can bring to the character is something that has excited us in the process of making the movie and certainly is pushing up into the next movie in an exciting way.
http://www.craveonline.com/film/interviews/756911-russo-brothers-captain-america-2-captain-america-3

Chris Evans has been talking about how he wants to retire from acting. Have you had any conversations with him about that? He asked for any advice?

Joe Russo: We’ve talked to him quite a bit about it. I mean, you have a lot of time to sit around on set and talk through stuff. The thing about Chris is he’s probably one of the most technically gifted actors that we’ve ever worked with. He understands the process of filmmaking extremely well. We always tell a story of when we were working on “Arrested Development.” [Jason] Bateman had been in the business for 30 years by the time we worked with him on that show, and we were shooting a scene – I might have even been operating the camera – and I remember it was a great performance from him, and I was shooting over Will Arnett to Bateman and Arnett shifted his body and covered Bateman. And I remember I was about to yell “cut” because we had lost Bateman in the shot, when all of a sudden while he’s speaking Bateman leans to his left and finds the camera again. That’s an incredibly aware actor who doesn’t break performance, it just doesn’t affect him in any way and he can still find the camera.

Chris has a very similar sensibility to him, which is why I think he’s so good at fighting and so good at execution, because he knows how to sell things to which camera. He understands geography and angles. I think he’s really excited about that part of filmmaking. As to whether or not it ultimately will end up leading to him removing himself from the acting space for a while is hard to say, because he’s so successful at it. But I think he’s very committed to directing.

I have my problems with Evans. He just does not seem to be a leader. I have detected a lack of charisma in him. He is easily the most uninteresting person in every scene. That is what *I* say.

i know its your opinion and i respect it dude.

but this statement saddens me and probably why the state of our society is such. just because someone has charisma doesnt make them a good leader. if this was the case Lincoln would never have become President.

... and if you look at the current political leaders-- thats what they all have, charisma. and little else. hence our ****** life.

Captain America is a comic book creation i know. but i'd trade off a gaggle of useless politicians for just a real guy/gal like Cap. would probably do humanity a whole lot of good too.

Chris Evans (Steve Rogers) with newcomer Chadwick Boseman (T'Challa) & Robert Downey Jr. (Tony Stark) for Captain America: Civil War May 6, 2016
im01u0.jpg

1694uf7.jpg

Poor Chris Evans. It's not his movie anymore.

We may get to the point where it's not anyone's movie anymore but rather you could just slap a title on it as "Tales of the Marvel Cinematic Universe" Part 246 or whatever as that does seem the way things are trending. We may be seeing the end of true stand alone superhero movies, at least from Marvel Studios. We're not there yet but in 10 years? Yeah, we could be there. Not sure entirely how I feel about that myself. There are pluses and minuses aplenty.

Iron Man is a bigger draw than Captain America so Marvel could easily be giving a title like "Iron Man vs Captain America" to capitalize on that, but they're not. I'm sure Iron Man will get a lot of screentime as the antagonist, but it will be Cap's film and I trust that they'll make it work so there isn't any doubt about that.

Considering Black Panther's solo film is coming after, I expect him to be a glorified cameo. Or maybe he'll be Buckyesque in screentime (an important part of the plot but not actually on screen all that much).

I think a question we should ask is what are people going to go see this movie for.

What's going to be the draw?

Because a lot are going to see this for Civil War, or Panther, or Iron Man.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Netizen95
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"