Age of Ultron The Steve Rogers/Captain America Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was reading the last page and I came across the part where chris has to wear wig/hair pieces for his steve rogers role. Really?

I thought he only wore it for cap1 and A1? The hairstyle in tws is all his real hair

I was reading the last page and I came across the part where chris has to wear wig/hair pieces for his steve rogers role. Really?

I thought he only wore it for cap1 and A1? The hairstyle in tws is all his real hair

He doesn't dye his hair blond so it's hair piece but his TWS hair style was similar to his his own hair cut at the time. Hemsworth (except for TDW) and Scarlett wear wigs. ATJ is wearing a wig in AOU and Elizabeth Olsen is the only cast member to dye her hair for the part.

Comic Con has fallen near the end of shooting all Chris' Marvel films and you can see Chris and Scarlett sans hairpierce & wig here during the filming of TWS

evans-johansson-comic-con-international-2013-01.jpg

Last edited:
He doesn't dye his hair blond so it's hair piece but his TWS hair style was similar to his his own hair cut at the time. Hemsworth (except for TDW) and Scarlett wear wigs. ATJ is wearing a wig in AOU and Elizabeth Olsen is the only cast member to dye her hair for the part.

Comic Con has fallen near the end of shooting all Chris' Marvel films and you can see Chris and Scarlett sans hairpierce & wig here during the filming of TWS

evans-johansson-comic-con-international-2013-01.jpg

Thanks for the wonderful reply :)

I must say his hairpiece in tws is dope looking. ACTORs nowadays doesn't have to worry about balding anymore. Haha

Pretty sure this is the first up-close look we've seen of the full AoU uniform (courtesy of Hot Toys) and it shows how Cap's shield now has retractable, metal handles, not the normal leather straps we've seen in his 3 previous appearances.

10950708_10152575498637344_5466062144585131884_n.jpg

Pretty sure this is the first up-close look we've seen of the full AoU uniform (courtesy of Hot Toys) and it shows how Cap's shield now has retractable, metal handles, not the normal leather straps we've seen in his 3 previous appearances.

10950708_10152575498637344_5466062144585131884_n.jpg

We already saw the new retractable handles at SDCC.

I think we might be seeing the perfect cinematic Cap uniform right there.

I don't know if they will release a new one for Civil War, but there is not a lot of room for improvement!

I think we might be seeing the perfect cinematic Cap uniform right there.

I don't know if they will release a new one for Civil War, but there is not a lot of room for improvement!

I am 100% sure there will be a new cap suit for the civil war movie! mark my words.haha

Glad they have a better suit for Cap this time round, like the perfect combination of Cap1 and TWS suit. Much much better.

But his dressing up as Cap is not easy, as I said there is the wig to look like Steve Rogers, the suits are in Marvel`s possession; also many times he has said he needs assistance to dress in or out of them, it is not like Peter Quill suit, that it is a red leather jacket and black jeans (also Pratt used his own hair color, etc) and because it is more easy to make, I`m sure Marvel gave Pratt his costume, just like they give one to Johanssen after each movie; but imagine if people like RDJ or Hemsworth, Hiddleston or Evans have to get one of theirs, they have to ask Marvel and they have to ask for wardrobe assistants to put it on, and yes if Marvel goes through all that effort, they go with cameras and stuff and show their actors work outside the movies.

Anyway, if Seahawks win we`ll see Evans dressed as Cap :cwink:

Yes, he has to borrow since he doesn't have one, only the shield (and that took until TWS to get). I wonder if Marvel will make him shave if he borrows the costume or will we get to see a Bearded Cap. :woot:

And which costume? He's done 4 movies and there are now 6 of them! So many people dislike the Avengers one but he's said it's by far the easiest of the Cap suits to put on (aside from the shirt, shorts and tights of the War Bonds one), that it was only that hideous cowl-met that was difficult and took about 45 minutes (and gave him migraines).

Most kids have no problem recognizing the actor outside the suit, Evans has said kids more than adults are the ones who recognize him no matter how he's dressed or if he has a beard.

There are exceptions though

rs_560x415-130613174905-1024.iron.cm.61313.jpg

Distraught that he wasn't meeting Iron Man like his parents said he was. :csad:

[YT]watch?v=0RlZpL-Y3_Q[/YT]

In this interview done during a charity event in early Jan he's asked about his Marvel contract and says currently, well they've done four and there are THREE more.

So, unless he misspoke it looks like he renegotiated for another movie, but the question is which one? For the Avengers Infinity Two Parter or another Cap?

Last edited:
[YT]watch?v=0RlZpL-Y3_Q[/YT]

In this interview done during a charity event in early Jan he's asked about his Marvel contract and says currently, well they've done four and there are THREE more.

So, unless he misspoke it looks like he renegotiated for another movie, but the question is which one? For the Avengers Infinity Two Parter or another Cap?

I was going to post this, I doubt he misspoke, I'm guessing he's signed on for both IW.

I really think Marvel might have managed to do some sort of loophole here and managed to get an extra film from there big boys. Or they could have just signed on for another.

I really doubt there's a loophole when negotiating with CAA. Marvel had to renegotiate for another film just as they did with RDJ. They even had to negotiate to make sure the cameo in TDW didn't count on the original 6 film contract.

I really doubt there's a loophole when negotiating with CAA. Marvel had to renegotiate for another film just as they did with RDJ. They even had to negotiate to make sure the cameo in TDW didn't count on the original 6 film contract.

LOL I have to say the pic you posted with Downey and the kid, that one always makes me laugh, what a moment!! there was one anecdote from the AoU set, that the kid didn`t know who they were, but the parents insisted he would meet them and Downey had to introduce himself as IM, the kid still didn`t know who that was LOL
and there was another from the event Chris Evans made in MA, the event was free so the kids could go, but some adults took too young kids, there was a mother who took her kid who wasn`t even 1 y/o yet and the kid grabbed tight onto Chris hair, and held to it tight for a long while :oldrazz:

but back to the point, I think Chris might have negotiated something at the same time Downey did for his participation on CW movie, considering they were both at that event presenting MCU`s phase 3; also considering that he initially signed 6 movies but he has done TDW cameo outside of it and there are rumors he could have done a cameo for Agent Carter, if that is the case, then by the IW movies, he would`ve done with Marvel more than what was in his contract, just like RDJ.

I am 100% sure there will be a new cap suit for the civil war movie! mark my words.haha

I'm not so sure. Had the first Avengers suit not been so terrible they might not have needed to replace it for The Winter Soldier.

I mean Thor wears the same basic outfit in every movie because they found a look that works.

I am kind of surprised at the backlash Captain America's role in The Avengers has gotten around here recently. You'd think Whedon raped the character on a Joel Schmuacher Batman & Robin level or something given how people now talk about how Cap was written in the first Avengers movie.

I'm not so sure. Had the first Avengers suit not been so terrible they might not have needed to replace it for The Winter Soldier.

I mean Thor wears the same basic outfit in every movie because they found a look that works.

I'm in the minority but I don't like the new suit. It looks so heavy and cumbersome. I wish they had stuck with the blue Winter Soldier suit but I know that was a Shield outfit.

I don't remember there being much backlash about the way the character was written, only that his fight scenes sucked. But ever since TWS came out people have been acting a lot like you've said.

Apart from his action lacking scenes, his arc throughout the franchise has seemed like a natural progression to me. I really don't think we can make such sweeping assumptions based on quick shot in a 2 minute trailer.

I'm in the minority but I don't like the new suit. It looks so heavy and cumbersome. I wish they had stuck with the blue Winter Soldier suit but I know that was a Shield outfit.

Yeah that was perfect, looked modern and something that fits perfectly on screen. Don't need this source material garbage with underpants on the outside and bright colours. Just take the basic elements and give it modern fashionable and practical look and feel is the way to go.

The material and cut are the same as the SHIELD suit. The only things different are the colors (added red and white to the stomach though just as on the Shield suit the middle stripe doesn't go all the way down) and the white and red accents. I do think the accents make it look less sleek and the boots look bulkier.

For ease of movement the least cumbersome suits are the War Bond shirts & tights and the first Avengers outfit.

I am kind of surprised at the backlash Captain America's role in The Avengers has gotten around here recently. You'd think Whedon raped the character on a Joel Schmuacher Batman & Robin level or something given how people now talk about how Cap was written in the first Avengers movie.
Yeah its really gotten more intense lately. I've been noticing that as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"