First Avenger OFFICIAL: Chris Evans is Captain America

Only proper response-
OFFICIAL: Chris Evans is Captain America

Chris Evan IS INDEED CAPTAIN AMERICA. Perfect casting. He just understood the character so well. I can't imagine anyone in the role aside from Evans at this point. He really put his heart and soul into his character. Bravo casting. I hope he gets better action scenes next time because I thought CA TFA actually had unremarkable action scenes.

Such a badass comic cover depicting movie Captain America, just had to share!:
1311967154.jpg

Love that Romita Jr. cover, lotta folks don't like his style but I always have. Good stuff.

People left and missed the end teaser.
MARVEL need to stop with these teasers after the credits
as they have such important part.

Anywho, the film was fun. Still enjoyed Thor and Iron Man more.

I fell in love with Evans all over again after his performance in this film.

Marvel has made mostly slightly above average films but I have to admit that with the expection of TIH they pulled together good leads for their films.

It's been five movies in almost four years, everyone who cares surely knows about the after credits scenes by now. Still, not everyone is a comics fan and people have reasons to leave early. Other engagements, didn't like the movie, not into the continuity aspect, wanting to beat the traffic, have to pee, etc.

I fell in love with Evans all over again after his performance in this film.

Marvel has made mostly slightly above average films but I have to admit that with the expection of TIH they pulled together good leads for their films.

I know it's early, but from the very little we see of Ruffalo, I'm liking him as Banner. He gives off a nice Bixby vibe but hopefully it's something of his own. Bixby made a great Banner but I don't want him to be defined as Banner. Though it could be argued that he really made the Banner character really matter other than the Hulk. I'm not knowledgeable on my Hulk history but that's what I get the sense of. To me, Banner is just as important as Hulk, if not, more.

I know it's early, but from the very little we see of Ruffalo, I'm liking him as Banner. He gives off a nice Bixby vibe but hopefully it's something of his own. Bixby made a great Banner but I don't want him to be defined as Banner. Though it could be argued that he really made the Banner character really matter other than the Hulk. I'm not knowledgeable on my Hulk history but that's what I get the sense of. To me, Banner is just as important as Hulk, if not, more.
I've never really liked Ruffalo as an actor but obviously I hope he does a good job. It will be hard to be any blander than Norton and Bana were in the role.

Yeah I know fanboys love em but I think that Norton is a mostly bland actor who was a bland Bruce Banner. I'm fine with Bana as an actor but not crazy about him, that being said, his sleep inducing performance was obviously Ang Lee's fault.

I don't have to put IMO at the end of this post because obviously it's my opinion.

It definitely wasn't anything special or inspired.

Tony Stark sticks out with RDJ.
Steve Rogers sticks out with Chris Evans.
Thor sticks out with Chris Hemsworth.

Their performances were inspired and it only enhanced their respective films.

Incredible Hulk was good, but not to jump on the bandwagon, but you guys hit the nail on the head. Norton was good but...the performance was just bland. It didn't feel inspired or anything. That could've been due to the script and the director too though.

I'm hopeful for Ruffalo. I think he'll have much more energy than Norton did.

I've never really liked Ruffalo as an actor but obviously I hope he does a good job. It will be hard to be any blander than Norton and Bana were in the role.

Yeah I know fanboys love em but I think that Norton is a mostly bland actor who was a bland Bruce Banner. I'm fine with Bana as an actor but not crazy about him, that being said, his sleep inducing performance was obviously Ang Lee's fault.

I don't have to put IMO at the end of this post because obviously it's my opinion.
Honestly, I think the blandness is really coming from Bruce Banner. I like both Bana and Norton as actors, but I agree that they were both boring as hell in that role. At the same time, though, I can't imagine any actor doing any better with what was there on the page in either movie. They need to find a new way to write Bruce Banner (I have hope for Whedon on this) if Ruffalo is gonna have any hope of winning people over.

Just watched the movie. Chris Evans is Captain America. He's what RDJ is to Iron Man. Im ****ing pumped for the Avengers now. Gonna be awesome.

Let's hope Sharon can do something about this folks!:oldrazz::cwink:

On another note; one thing I will add to the praise that Chris Evans has gotten in his portrayal of the iconic character, is that I really enjoyed on how well he was able to effectively show the subtle differences in how Steve Carried himself in his Pre Serum and Post Serum phases.

If anyone is wondering on what I'm talking about, well when seeing the film, I'd say that Steve was more confident as a person than he was after he had become Captain America. I mean don't get me wrong, even as the skinny short guy, he had a whole heart, and the courage of a hero, no doubt about that.

It's just that one of the things that I had been worried about prior to seeing this film is that Steve would essentially be the same guy entirely, regardless of his physical appearance throughout the film due to my misconception of the character.

But after seeing this film, I saw growth and development in Steve, and I was surprised and happy to see that they didn't need to make Steve Angst or Rebel like in order to give him a great character arc throughout the film, so kudos to Evans for nailing that effectively.

Chris did quite well in the role. He had a lot riding on him and he did well.

Chris did quite well in the role. He had a lot riding on him and he did well.

Indeed, and I think he had the most skeptics aimed toward him when it came to his ability to effectively portray his iconic character. I had one friend who had asked me a year ago on who was playing Captain America, and when I told him it was Chris, he was like.."Oh no...not that guy".

But after the film came out, he's become a believer.lol

I felt like Evans did good work but he did not "marvel" me...? They worked with Chris and made him do character-actor work to make sure he came across as a weakling when he was small and to keep those elements when he changed. But to me sometime he came out too much as sedated. I think a hero like this you need a leading man, not a character-actor. It needed a young Redford(in The Natural), who's gonna have that glint in his eyes and a small smirk before smashing Nazi heads. Like Christopher Reeves in Superman. Hugh Jackman also has that as Wolverine. They could have kept the underdog element from him like everybody always took everything for granted with him and always surprise because of it, yet he enjoys that, right. I also think when Rogers was small and he managed to find a way to take the flag, showed that he had smarts about him, as far as being naturaly practical in moment of need but they never showed that when he was fighting. That this could be an advantage he would use.

I finally saw this and cot dayum did I love IT. Chris was great!

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"