Civil War Captain America: Sentinel of Liberty - (Chris Evans) - Part 1

Sharon helped him out. Sharon Carter is an awesome character it turns out. It just happens that all the cool stuff she does all happens offscreen, or off panel(as some comic geeks would say).

T'Challa.

More like they deus ex machina Cap breaking in to bust the team out. If it was Sharon then show it. If it was T'Challa then show it. I'm sick of all these off screen b.s.

Chris also politely reminded Joss of Caps power-set as seen in the TFA and TWS in an effort to ensure that Whedon didnt give us the Cap that we got in the first Avengers movie, and for I'm eternally grateful to him.

Really, guys? Really??

It was a funny line, that's it.
everyone here laughed at the line, you know you did.
But now its "oh it's so out of character" and "Whedon sucks at writing Cap"
this revisionist history of Whedon's films is getting outta hand
Not everyone at all. Speak for yourself. For me that line felt out of the character from the first viewing. "Funny lines just for the sake of funny lines" thing is just poor writing. It doesn't justify the whole OOC feeling. I just knew that in his solo films Cap would never say that. And I'm glad that Evans knows his character so well and felt it too.

Last edited:
More like they deus ex machina Cap breaking in to bust the team out. If it was Sharon then show it. If it was T'Challa then show it. I'm sick of all these off screen b.s.
That wasn't the point of the scene though. The point of the scene was to show that Steve's team escapes from the prison and that Steve is no longer acting as Captain America, but as an individual, because he isn't wearing his uniform anymore.

We only saw Steve ergo it was Steve acting alone. He's more than capable what with being a tactical genius and super soldier. He doesn't need T'Challa, or Sharon or Nat to help him and the SHIELD is a magnificent tool but it's just a tool not part of his power. The point is to show him there alone for a reason; it shows Steve making good on his promise to deal with his friends in trouble and it's just a great bad ass moment to see him coming out of the dark with a smile for Sam.

As for the "language" joke it was a funny running gag. Even funnier when one realizes that Steve "You kiss your mother with that mouth?" Rogers curses more in the Avengers movies than anyone else.

Last edited:
Ever since I saw AoU, language is basically my catch phrase. :funny:

That wasn't the point of the scene though. The point of the scene was to show that Steve's team escapes from the prison and that Steve is no longer acting as Captain America, but as an individual, because he isn't wearing his uniform anymore.
Agreed that was the main point to show that Cap went Rogue. But he must've gotten inside help and/or high tech help because he's no Stark and that was a highly secure prison submerged in the middle of the ocean. Deus ex machina escape.

tumblr_o9pj6ozyrs1qgnns4o1_500.gif

Evans must feel honored that he has a statue in his likeness as Captain America that will be set up in NYC.
21r39u.jpg

I wouldn't say it is his likeness.

It reminds me more of a Bryan Hitch sketch from years ago.

Congrats to Chris Evans

Chris Evans wins Choice Movie Actor - Teen Choice Awards 2016

We only saw Steve ergo it was Steve acting alone. He's more than capable what with being a tactical genius and super soldier. He doesn't need T'Challa, or Sharon or Nat to help him and the SHIELD is a magnificent tool but it's just a tool not part of his power. The point is to show him there alone for a reason; it shows Steve making good on his promise to deal with his friends in trouble and it's just a great bad ass moment to see him coming out of the dark with a smile for Sam.

You're dreaming if you think Steve didn't get any help to break into the high security submerged prison to break out the others. Furthermore, if he were that capable and resourceful he wouldn't have been hiding out in Wakanda. The film is obviously giving you the benefit of the doubt to piece together the obvious.

http://mashable.com/2016/08/25/chris-evans-captain-america-civil-war-dvd-extras/#jpeKvDsBi05D

LOS ANGELES — Chris Evans is one of those "get it right on the first take" kind of guys. Like that's a surprise.

In this exclusive clip from the DVD extras in the forthcoming Captain America: Civil War home video release, we learn that Evans doesn't need a lot of do-overs. Sometimes none.

Actually, according to the Russo brothers, Anthony and Joe, it's often none. Such a try-hard, this guy.

"He's a crazy quick study," Anthony told Mashable during the directing duo's promotional run for the film's forthcoming home video release. "Insanely fast. There are fights we've pre-blocked on the set that are really complicated that he gets in one or two takes."

"He's a very good athlete, a very gifted technical actor, and he's great with body movement and great with body control," Anthony said.
See for yourself:

What made Captan America: Civil War special was that every blow landed just a little harder, meant just a little more — because the Russo brothers planned it that way.

"It is very purposeful,"Anthony said. "It's our organizing principle. We love action movies, but the only way we can find our way through an action piece is with story and character."

It helps that they had a dozen movies' worth of character-building to play with, including their own Marvel movie debut, Captain America: The Winter Soldier. But a lot of credit is due here: Civil War balanced something like 11 existing heroes while introducing two new ones (Black Panther and Spider-Man).

"We try to be extremely meticulous," Joe said. "When we're conceiving set pieces, we're figuring out a way to organize it around our story and our characters in a very interesting or poignant way."

Added his brother: "Joe and I are very disciplined about that ... it's a very focused process that starts at the script phase, goes through the shooting phase and well into postproduction."

YESSS CA:CW should have culminated with a costumed dance-off, just like GOTG!

LMAO that gif cropped out the most hilarious part - Seb just lying there while RDJ and Chris huck it up. :lmao:

YESSS CA:CW should have culminated with a costumed dance-off, just like GOTG!

LMAO that gif cropped out the most hilarious part - Seb just lying there while RDJ and Chris huck it up. :lmao:
Actually, he's not *just* lying there, he looks like he's tapping his foot as well :oldrazz: :

tumblr_ochf8tiPZx1vdouo6o1_250.gif

Updated Cap compilation sequence of fights from The First Avenger to Civil War …

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Philippe
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"