Official Daft Punk Thread

venom892

Coming Home
Reaction score
So with the hype surrounding the Tron Legacy soundtrack which Daft Punk is doing and since their my favorite musical act ever I figure I'd start a thread dedicated to them.So what are your favorite songs or Album?I still listen to Alive 2007 on a regular basis and it's definitely my favorite album they've done.If I had to rank the albums It go like this

1.Alive 2007
2.Discovery
3.Human After All
4.Homework

First of all, Daft Punk :hrt:
I have the same listing. Alive 2007 is just a ****ing a live album. I can't praise it enough. Must have been a wonderful experience for those who were there. Discovery is a great album, it's more of a concept album and has more of pop to the tone. But The Interstella 5555 makes Discovery a even better album.

Human After All is a good album with a few great tracks, but it feels like something is lacking, could be that they took so short time to complete the album. Their debut album Homework though is for me their weakest, but I do like it since it shows dance music can be good when it has focused and more established beats.

And of course, looking forward to the Tron Legacy soundtrack. That will do until their next album comes out.

Last edited:
I desperately want to go to one of they're concerts.I saw they might be touring next year and if they are I'm not going to miss the opportunity.Here are my top ten songs as of right now

1.Around The World/Harder Better Faster Stronger-Alive 2007
2.Human After All-Human After All
3.One More Time-Discovery
4.Harder Better Faster Stronger-Discovery
5.Too Long/Steam Machine-Alive 2007
6.Aerodynamic-Discovery
7.Robot Rock-Human After All
8.Voyager-Discovery
9.Face to Face-Discovery
10.Something About us-Discovery

Man it's been awhile since I've listen to Homework, it (as an album) has definitely starts to grow on me. "Phoenix" and "High Fidelity". :up:

Around The World is a great song, but the video enhances it on such a level that it really sets it apart from other song/video combinations. Multiple groups of dancers synchronizing with every layer of music, it was just astounding.

As for the Tron Legacy soundtrack, it's pretty damn awesome.

They definitely took it to another level with Tron:Legacy.One of the best film soundtracks in my opinion.

And the score is part orchestral too which is something Daft Punk hasn't done before, hopefully something that they could experiment more in the future.

I love Discovery. I remember seeing the Da Funk video on Top Of The Pops on the BBC (the video with a dog head guy walking around New York) when I was about 10 years old and thinking it was awsome.

I love that music video, speaking of music video, one of my favorites is "Robot Rock" and "Revolution 909". I also like "Interstella 5555: The 5tory of the 5ecret 5tar 5ystem", the whole movie is like a long music video.

Daft Punk is awesome. Their Tron Legacy score was insane.

Nile Rodgers front man of Chic, pioneers of disco-funk and Superproducer (David Bowie, Diana Ross, Madonna, Duran Duran, Halo games soundtracks, ect) is working with Daft Punk on their next album

Daft Punk are amazing. I bought all of their albums (I gave them to a buddy and burned me a copy of them, he's a way bigger DP fan than me.)

Alive 2007 is definitely my favorite CD they've done. Then Discovery, Human After All, and Homework.

I wish they'd let us know if they plan on making a new album or not. It's been about 6 years or so since HAL.

Best news I've heard today.

Finally a new album. :up:

Last edited:
Link please! :woot:

Not 100% confirmed but this:

Upon his return to New York, he said he would be meeting with the acclaimed French electronic music duo Daft Punk to discuss their long-awaited fourth album, rumored by fans to be drawing upon the group’s R&B influences.

“Those guys are great,” he said. “They’re coming to my apartment on Monday and we’re going to talk about making a new record together.”

sounds definitely promising.

http://www.pitchfork.com/news/45348-daft-punk-in-talks-with-nile-rodgers-for-new-album/

I hope it's true for two reasons.

1.New music to listen to.
2.A possible TOUR!

Daft Punk Signs With Columbia Records
The highly influential French DJ duo has released three albums via EMI. A new album, their first in seven years, is expected this spring.
Sony Music is ramping up its dance music arsenal. Just three days after announcing a new strategic alliance with Ultra Records, a leading label of the EDM movement, news is emerging that Columbia Records has signed Daft Punk. A source confirms to The Hollywood Reporter, "It's a done deal."

The revered, reclusive and highly influential French DJ duo had released all previous recordings via EMI’s Virgin Records, now owned by Universal, with the exception of its most recent full-length, Disney’s Tron: Legacy, which Daft Punk’s
Guy-Manuel de Homem-Christo and Thomas Bangalter
scored.

Prior to Tron, the last proper Daft Punk album was 2005’s Human After All. Signing the electronic music pioneers is a major score for the venerable 125-year-old Columbia, which also recently added Depeche Mode to its roster.

Confirmed details about Daft Punk’s forthcoming fourth album are few and far between, although producer/Chic co-founder Nile Rodgers recently hinted that it would be out in the coming months. Singer/songwriter/ASCAP president Paul Williams, veteran bassist Nathan East, Feist collaborator Chilly Gonzales and legendary disco producer Giorgio Moroder (via a spoken monologue) are among others who have reportedly collaborated with the duo over the past couple of years, although whether and what form their contributions to the album might take is unclear.

In a report Saturday, French newspaper Le Parisien seemed to affirm that an album is expected soon, reporting that it will be released in the spring.

Worth noting: although Daft Punk's name was not on the recently revealed Coachella lineup, an insider says the group was offered a "gigantic sum of money" to headline the California festival but ultimately turned it down.

A label rep would not return THR or Billboard’s request for comment.

Twitter: @shirleyhalperin; @jemaswad

qiQuMj1.jpg

jTgD5Dm.gif

They definitely took it to another level with Tron:Legacy.One of the best film soundtracks in my opinion.

And the score is part orchestral too which is something Daft Punk hasn't done before, hopefully something that they could experiment more in the future.

The Overture track alone is up there with the quality of John Williams and Ennio Morricone.

[YT]eSQhoUEU42g[/YT]

[YT]922-y641Ask[/YT]

4407299+_512287fadd75da9f16be26abb4f5f916.gif

Last edited:
They are really driving the hype train on this new album. That one snippet was glorious.

Be still my beating heart....Tease me more Daft!

Am i the only one who thinks their work on tron was their best work ever?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"