Official Spider-Man 3 Soundtrack/Music Thread!

No problem, it doesn't entirely blot out the song but it also doesn't force you to punch puppys either

A Spiderman song that was seriously overlooked was Switchfoot's Meant To Live, it was actually a pretty good song, and far superior to Vindicated

Meant To Live wasn't even on the U.S. version of the Spider-Man 2 soundtrack people had to import the foreign version if they wanted the soundtrack with that song on it.

Vindicated was a good song but i agree that Meant to live was probably a better song

Only 2 songs play in Spider-Man 2. That song that plays when he's getting ready to go to MJ's play and "Rain Drops Keek Falling on my head" and thats it no more, Im positive of it.

In the first movie, the song of The Strokes played in the car that MJ gets a ride to school, right after Peter gets his powers.

I liked the Black Lab song in the first soundtrack(learn to crawl) and the song by The Ataris on the second one.

Also for some strange reason Uncle Ben was listening to Sum 41 when he dropped off Peter at the 'library'

Meant To Live wasn't even on the U.S. version of the Spider-Man 2 soundtrack people had to import the foreign version if they wanted the soundtrack with that song on it.

I didn't know that, very strange considering they are an american band. It was a great song as well, probably the best on the soundtrack

The songs i've heard [Snow Patrol, Sounds Under Radio, The Walkmen, YYY] have been.....okay......better than S-M 2 ST by miles.....but nothing spectacular....yet.

Although Sounds Under Radio sound VERY promising [considering they're the only unsigned band on the soundtrack, it's something to say their song is the best ive heard so far].

Also for some strange reason Uncle Ben was listening to Sum 41 when he dropped off Peter at the 'library'

When in a vehicle with older people teenagers want to have full control over what they listen to on the radio so it was probably Peter who turned the radio on.

Question does anyone know if their's going to be a score soundtrack like their was for spidey 1 & 2 ?

B000066SK6.01._SCLZZZZZZZ_V45386114_SS500_.jpg

B0002IO1D2.01._SCLZZZZZZZ_V45612680_SS500_.jpg

I own both of them, and I was hoping to compleate my collection with the third movie score .

lets get things straight:
most of these bands have been around for years, some decades (flaming lips). i suggest "Yoshimi Battles The Pink Robots" by them. the walkmen "bows and arrows" and lastly rogue wave "out of the shadow", those guys are awesome, ive seen em 3 times......sony is hopping on the indie/alternative bandwagon. its smart and profitable. its the new rock and roll (although its been around forever with bands like sonic youth and the pixies).

lastly.....none of these bands are considered "emo" by genre.....older bands like sunny day real estate, bright eyes and 3rd wave bands like the used, my chemical romance, fall out boy, underoath and hawthorne heights are "emo".

When in a vehicle with older people teenagers want to have full control over what they listen to on the radio so it was probably Peter who turned the radio on.

Old Age Pensioners have a low threshold for loud music, I've killed 4 of them

The official Spider-Man 3 soundtrack website in now online, no longer will you have to fool going to myspace anymore. There you can view a gallery of photos possibly some new from the movie & pre-order 2 different versions of the soundtrack. If you pre-order the Spider-Man 3 soundtrack through this website it will come with a Spider-Man 3 trading card. The Special Edition version of the soundtrack that comes with all the goodies will set you back $44.99 plus shipping & handling if you choose to purshase that. http://www.spiderman3soundtrack.com

Question does anyone know if their's going to be a score soundtrack like their was for spidey 1 & 2 ?

B000066SK6.01._SCLZZZZZZZ_V45386114_SS500_.jpg

B0002IO1D2.01._SCLZZZZZZZ_V45612680_SS500_.jpg

I own both of them, and I was hoping to compleate my collection with the third movie score .
I hope so, if they both come out the same day then I can only buy one so which one should I buy?

Does anyone have pics of the Special Edition Spider-Man 3 soundtrack? If you go here http://www.myspace.com/spiderman it tells what you get with the Special Edition version and a link to preorder it. It's like 44.99 plus shipping which makes it about 52 dollars. Just wanted to see if theirs any pics of this just to see if it would be worth getting at all.

Is the Flaming Lips song in the movie?...that would be something.

They are my favorite band and I'm psyched they are even involved with this movie. It's like Vanilla and Strawberries in one sweet dessert :)

Awkward sounding song- at first- but VERY goood, imo.

Slower than I expected.

Awkward sounding song- at first- but VERY goood, imo.

Slower than I expected.

It is a slow song, Spider-Man Vs. Mahammad Ali would have probably been more up tempo if they had decided to have went with that song. I wonder what their version of the Spider-Man theme will sound like? Maybe it will be used at the end of the Spider-Man 3 game like the Destillers version of the theme at the end of the Spider-Man 2 game.

They just changed the tempo, did u listen to the song? Lol. Muhammad Ali still plays a HUGE part in the song. They just changed the name.

Or at least I think that's the case. Perhaps the tempo changed and lyrics remained the same?

Anyways guys, more previews here:

http://www.youtube.com/profile?user=spidermansoundtrack

I didn't listen to all of it because it kept pausing on me so I stopped listening to it so it did appear to me to be a slow song from what I did actually get to hear of it.

I'm pretty surprised with all the hate towards the soundtrack :huh: , in my opinion, this soundtrack is definitely leaps and bounds over the first 2 soundtracks. It also feels like a soundtrack that's made not just for the sake of selling a soundtrack, but it actually seems that these indie bands put time into making music that compliments and pays tribute to spiderman. In fact, I think that it has the potential to be on par if not surpass Garden State's soundtrack, which also had absolutely brilliant indie music in it too. But hey, indie music doesn't exactly appeal to everyone and that's cool =D. As for the score, I dunno about you guys I'm a big fan of Young's score for the Fly II and for the Hellblazer movies, so I hope he really comes up with something that sounds creepy yet epic for SM3. I'm 80% sure that Young will release a soundtrack for the score, and I'll be sure to pick up both the rock soundtrack and the movie score soundtrack whenever they both come out.

The Flaming Lips should make a song for every superhero movie...they are so awesome.

Amazing lyrics.

I'm pretty surprised with all the hate towards the soundtrack :huh: , in my opinion, this soundtrack is definitely leaps and bounds over the first 2 soundtracks. It also feels like a soundtrack that's made not just for the sake of selling a soundtrack, but it actually seems that these indie bands put time into making music that compliments and pays tribute to spiderman. In fact, I think that it has the potential to be on par if not surpass Garden State's soundtrack, which also had absolutely brilliant indie music in it too. But hey, indie music doesn't exactly appeal to everyone and that's cool =D. As for the score, I dunno about you guys I'm a big fan of Young's score for the Fly II and for the Hellblazer movies, so I hope he really comes up with something that sounds creepy yet epic for SM3. I'm 80% sure that Young will release a soundtrack for the score, and I'll be sure to pick up both the rock soundtrack and the movie score soundtrack whenever they both come out.

Thats the general misconception of Indie music. It is thought of as a genre with more integrity than your average mainstream music, maybe because rarely any of the vocalists can actually sing so your forced to listen to the lyrics, it's hard to define where people get this notion from. How can you say though that the other soundtracks don't pay tribute to Spiderman, I can't say i'm a fan of the music from the other soundtracks either but they all associate to the themes/ideas/characters of the Spiderman movies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"