One Universe: Independents Edition Season 1 IC Thread

Abraham Lincoln and a millenia old time traveling alien are standing in front of me. And a time machine. That looks like a police box. Whatever that is. And there's a portal open above New York City.

"Wait...wait..." Donnie says from behind me. "The Doctor. I remember reading about you in the BPRD files. You tend to show up when something's going wrong and fix it. I read about you fighting off werewolves with Queen Victoria."

"I totally should have read more when I was there."

"You can read?"

"Shut up, I'm smart."

The Doctor beams at the mention of one of his adventures, but I turn back to my brother, "So you're saying this guy is legit?"

"I mean I have no way of telling for sure," Don responds. "But I know of a man that called himself the Doctor. I figured it was just because they didn't know his real name."

It's completely unbelievable. But then again, our existence is completely unbelievable, along with this attack on New York. I put my sword back in its sheath on my back and look back at The Doctor and President Lincoln, "Mr. President it's...uhh...and honor? Sorry, this is a bit of a strange thing for me."

"The feeling is mutual, my friend," Honest Abe smiles and looks around at my brothers and our allies.

"Doctor," I say nodding to him, "my name is Leonardo. These are my brothers Raphael, Donatello, and Michelangelo. And our friend Casey Jones. And that is Karai. We just met her. You say you've been around for over a thousand years, huh? Any idea what that is?"

I point up to the portal.

"Doctor," I say nodding to him, "my name is Leonardo. These are my brothers Raphael, Donatello, and Michelangelo. And our friend Casey Jones. And that is Karai. We just met her. You say you've been around for over a thousand years, huh? Any idea what that is?"

I point up to the portal.

The Doctor looked up at the portal, eying it. He licked his thumb and held it up into the air. "Interesting... interesting..."

The Doctor pulled a monocle from his coat and held it to his left eye. He closed his right eye and looked up at the portal. "That's interesting."

"Is that actually working?"

"No," the Doctor said, looking back at the turtle with a smile. "I figured out what it was right away. I'm just trying to look like I had to work at it."

The Doctor tucked the monocle back in his coat and turned around. "What that appears to be up there is a triple-looping quantum event that's punched a hole through the multiversal rift. For those of you not fluent in spacey wacey... what that is, is a portal from another dimension."

The Doctor tucked the monocle back in his coat and turned around. "What that appears to be up there is a triple-looping quantum event that's punched a hole through the multiversal rift. For those of you not fluent in spacey wacey... what that is, is a portal from another dimension."

"A portal from another dimension?" I sigh. "Of course it is."

"Well, whatever dimension it is, it looks like they're invading," Don says.

"You don't say, Einstein," Raph says. "I never coulda figured that out from the things pouring out of it."

"Uh, guys," Mikey says.

"Not now, Mike," I say, beginning to pace. "I need to figure out a plan of action here."

"I think getting to an easily defensible position is our best bet."

"Seriously, guys."

"I dunno, Donatello. If we hunker in, we lose New York."

"Guys!"

"What Mikey!?"

"I think it might be a little late for plans," he replies. We all turn to find an approaching battalion of soldiers from the other dimension. But they aren't men. It looks as if they are carved from stones and granite.

"Oh terrific," I lament. "They're made of stone. Any ideas here, Doctor?"

"A portal from another dimension?" I sigh. "Of course it is."

"Well, whatever dimension it is, it looks like they're invading," Don says.

"You don't say, Einstein," Raph says. "I never coulda figured that out from the things pouring out of it."

"Uh, guys," Mikey says.

"Not now, Mike," I say, beginning to pace. "I need to figure out a plan of action here."

"I think getting to an easily defensible position is our best bet."

"Seriously, guys."

"I dunno, Donatello. If we hunker in, we lose New York."

"Guys!"

"What Mikey!?"

"I think it might be a little late for plans," he replies. We all turn to find an approaching battalion of soldiers from the other dimension. But they aren't men. It looks as if they are carved from stones and granite.

"Oh terrific," I lament. "They're made of stone. Any ideas here, Doctor?"

"A few," the Doctor said, surveying the stone warriors. "If they've come through us to another dimension, then they're covered in rift stuff. Minute particles of energy that cling to you on a subatomic level anytime you cross through the rift between worlds. If we can somehow, and I can't believe I'm saying this again, reverse the polarity of the portal it will act like a magnet for that rift stuff. The rift stuff and the soldiers attached to them will then be sucked back up into the rift and back into their home dimension."

The Doctor looked around and then back at the soldiers before shrugging. "Barring that we could stare at them without blinking... see if that stops them in their tracks."

"A few," the Doctor said, surveying the stone warriors. "If they've come through us to another dimension, then they're covered in rift stuff. Minute particles of energy that cling to you on a subatomic level anytime you cross through the rift between worlds. If we can somehow, and I can't believe I'm saying this again, reverse the polarity of the portal it will act like a magnet for that rift stuff. The rift stuff and the soldiers attached to them will then be sucked back up into the rift and back into their home dimension."

The Doctor looked around and then back at the soldiers before shrugging. "Barring that we could stare at them without blinking... see if that stops them in their tracks."

"Fascinating," Donnie whispers at the explanation.

"So basically, we find where the source of the portal and reverse it?" I put the plan in layman's terms. "Can't be that hard."

"Of course we're going to have to get past the army of rock people first," Casey says, whipping a metal baseball bat out of his bag.

Suddenly, a group of Karai's ninjas appear almost as if out of thin air between us and the advancing Rock Soldiers. Karai unsheathes her sword and looks at me, "Go. We will hold them off as much as we can."

"Thanks," I nod to her. "Be careful."

I motion towards my other allies, and we rush towards a fire escape towards a higher level, "Hope you don't mind the climb, Mr. President."

"I've had worse, my boy," Lincoln replies as well all scramble towards the rooftops. Once the seven of us are there, I get a good look at what's happening in New York. The forces that have landed here are massive. And they've wasted no time in getting started. I can see fires burning across Manhattan.

This is our city to defend. And it's burning.

"Holy crap."

I turn to the Doctor with worry in my eyes, "Can you pinpoint the location of the portal's source?"

"I've had worse, my boy," Lincoln replies as well all scramble towards the rooftops. Once the seven of us are there, I get a good look at what's happening in New York. The forces that have landed here are massive. And they've wasted no time in getting started. I can see fires burning across Manhattan.

This is our city to defend. And it's burning.

"Holy crap."

I turn to the Doctor with worry in my eyes, "Can you pinpoint the location of the portal's source?"

"Yes," the Doctor said, his playful toning vanishing at the sight of New York in flames. He pulled the sonic from his coat and began to fiddle with it. "I can reconfigure the settings of my sonic screwdriver and use it as a proximity detector. Whatever is keeping that portal open, it has to have amassed a great deal of rift energy. I can track it."

He held the sonic over his head and activated it. The screwdriver gave out a faint pulsing noise. "There's a massive energy signature off in the distance. The closer we get to it, the louder and quicker the pulse gets."

The Doctor pointed the sonic in different directions until the noise started to grow a bit louder. "That way," he said, pointing the sonic towards uptown Manhattan. "Shall we go? We have a city, planet, and possibly whole dimension to save."

Light slowly filters into the darkness. Sounds begin to return. And the sense of touch-

"GASP!"

I sit up quickly, gulping air like it's the first time in my life. I breath heavily, looking around, trying to get my bearings.

I begin to calm down, and then realize there's something wrong with my hair. I slowly put my fingers up to my head and there's an almost dry, sticky feeling. I pull my hand down and see blood on my fingertips. Blood and...brain matter!

I freak out again, holding my hand away. I crawl back on the cot, like I can get away from it and make everything better.

"Sam! Sam!"

I snap out of it. "Al? Al, what's going on?"

"We have no idea, Sam. But thank god we finally found you. We lost you completely for a while there."

"Lost me? How? What do you mean?"

"Ziggy completely lost her connection to you through the guy in the waiting room."

"I was shot...in the head."

"Um, no. I don't think so."

"There's this guy that looks just like Holmes. He had me killed."

"Um, again, don't think so."

I show Al my hand. "Those are my brains, Al!" Al has to fight to not throw up.

"What the hell is going on here?"

"What the hell is going on here?"

Jack Harkness looks in the mirror in his room. But he doesn't recognize the face looking back.

"I don't know who you are," he says to the mirror, "but you're definitely not me. Handsome devil, though. That streak of grey really does it for me, I'll admit. But you're not me. So I ask again, what the hell is going on?"

There's a knock at the door.

"...come in?"

A handsome dark-skinned woman steps into the room. "Hello," she says in a soothing voice. "I'm Doctor Beeks."

"Captain Jack Harkness. Except that I'm not, apparently."

"You are. But it's rather difficult to explain."

"Mmm, probably not. My first thought was a pyschokenetic projection. But with no corresponding telepathic restructuring of my thoughts, what would be the point?"

"Excuse me?"

"Astral projection, maybe. But I don't have that fuzzy feeling."

"What are you-?"

"Hmmm, space-time distortion could cause it. But there's no way that could be a natural occurrence. Well, I suppose it could, a friend of mine would know for sure..."

"Space...time..."

"Sorry, I know a bit about time travel, and-"

"You know about time travel?"

"Well, being a time traveler, I do.
" Dr. Beeks just stares at him. "You weren't expecting that. I see..., so time travel it is. Where exactly am I?"

"I can't say."

"I work for Torchwood, honey. There's not much above my clearance level."

"...Project Quantum Leap."

"Never heard of it." Jack suddenly snaps his fingers. "Of course! Quantum transposition of bodies, leaving behind only the aura of each person in their respective originating points in time." Beeks is definitely shocked.

"Wait. Transposition. Oh. The guy in my place is in a bad situation. I assume you can communicate with him?"
Beeks is quiet. "I'll take that as a yes. Well, let's get to it and hope he's still alive."

"I can never go home..." Sammy repeats.

I turn the player off and put it back before sitting on the lip of the trunk. "You know...in two years I've never bothered you, never asked you for anything."

Sammy looks away and sighs. I give him his time. "Alright, I'll go. I'll help, but I need to be back by Monday. Wait here." Sammy turns to go back up the stairs.

"Monday?"

He looks back at me, obviously not wanting to answer. Probably thinks I'll tease him. Probably will. "I...have this...interview."

"What, a job interview? Skip it."

"Heh. No. A law school interview. My whole future on a plate."

"Law school, eh?" I smile, but let it slide. I need Sammy's help more than I need to rib him. I'll wait until we're on the road and he can't change his mind.

"If they only knew." Ok, I had to get one in there.

Sam slips a nasty looking blade into his bag just before Jess walks in the room.

"Wait, so you're taking off? Is your dad alright?"

Sam quickly closes the bag up. "Oh, yeah. Just family drama," he says with a fake smile.

"I thought your dad was on some kind of hunting trip."

"Yeah. Just hunting some...deer up at the cabin. Probably has Jim, Jack, and Jose keeping him company. We're just going to go bring him back."

Jess sits on the bed next to the bag and starts idly opening it. Sam notices and quickly grabs some clothes from the drawer, sticking them into the bag on top of the blade.

"What about your interview."

"It's Monday. I'll only be a couple of days."

"Sam, stop of a second." She pulls on his arm to stop him from walking out of the bedroom with the bag. "Are you ok?"

Sam puts on a smile. "I'm fine."

"It's just...you won't even talk about your family. Now you're taking off in the middle of the night to spend the weekend with them? And with the interview coming up? It's a big deal."

He takes her hands in his. "Everything's going to be ok. I'll make it back in time. I promise." He gives her a kiss on the cheek and walks out the door.

"At least tell me where you're going."

Jericho, California

A car drives down the dark highway, the moon high in the sky but not yet full. With one hand on the wheel, he talk into his phone.

"I can't come over tonight, Amy....because I have work in the morning....Ok, if I miss it, my dad will have my ass," he says with a laugh.

"Yeah, but..." a high pitched whine comes over the car radio and phone. "Are you still there? Ok, it's just weird that-"

As he drives along a curve, his headlights point at a tree on the side of the road. And under that tree looks to be a woman in a white dress, dancing by herself.

"What in the-?" He looks down at his phone, but it's gone dead. And he turns the radio off as the whine grows louder. He starts pulling the car over to the side next to the woman.

As his car stops, she turns and looks over at him.

"Car trouble or something?"

That's when she really looks at him, and his breath catches at the sight of her. He couldn't even describe how beautiful she was even if he tried.

"...take me home..."

The kid opens the passenger door. "Sure, not a problem. Coming back from a Halloween party or something?" he asks as she slides inside. His heart starts racing with her sitting next to him. He's never been this close to a woman this hot before.

"You know. a girl like you shouldn't be out here alone like this."

She slowly turns to look at him suggestively. And she pulls her flowing white dress up, exposing her supple leg. "Do you want to come home with me?"

"Hell yeah," he squeaks out. He puts the car into gear and peels off.

After a few minutes, they arrive at a farm. A farm that appears to have been abandoned for several years. The kid pulls up and stops the car. He looks around.

"What, here?"

The woman looks out the window of the car longingly. "I can never go home..."

"What are you talking about? No one even lives here. Where do you live?" He looks back to her, but she's gone.

He gets out of the car. "Hey! Well? Do you want me to leave?" He looks around and slowly walks up to the house's front door. "Hello...?"

WHOOSH!!!

A bird flaps through the ripped screen door, smacking the kid in the face. And that's all that was needed to pump his adrenaline over the edge. He hits the ground, is back on his feet, and in the car in no time, peeling away once again.

A few minutes later, and he's approaching the bridge. He's sighs with relief at the sight. The kid glances in the rear view mirror, and sees her looking back at him!

The car screeches against its brakes as it comes to a stop on the bridge. If there was anyone outside, they would hear a young man's screams from behind the fogged up windows, stopping only when the blood splatters across the glass...

I get in the car while Sammy hangs up his phone and starts digging through the box on his lap.

"No one matching dad's description in the hospitals or morgue."

"Well that's something. Breakfast?"
I ask holding up some chips and red vines.

"Yeah, no thanks. You and dad still running those credit card scams?"

"Hunting doesn't pay the bill? Not our fault they keep sending us cards. We just fill out the applications."

Sammy shakes his head. "You seriously need to update your cassette tape collection."

I swallow some chips. "Why?"

"Well, first, they're cassette tapes. Second, Black Sabbath? Motorhead? Metallica? It's the greatest hits of mullet rock."

I grab the Metallica tape and slide it in the stereo. "You know the car rules, Sammy. Driver picks the music, rider shuts his cakehole."

I start the car as the music plays.

"It's Sam now. Haven't gone by Sammy since I was kid."

"Sorry, can't hear you. Music's too loud." I hit the gas ad the Impala takes off passing a sign in the road.

Jericho 7 miles.

Sammy and I drive for while until we come to a bridge swarming with sheriff cars. They're all parked around a lone civilian car, with deputies all over it and the ground below the bridge.

I park the car, then reach pass Sammy to pull a box out of the glove compartment. I pop it open and start flipping through the fake ids, settling on one with a smile.

"Come on."

"See anything down there?" the deputy calls down to the men below? They signal no and he shakes his head. He goes back to the car.

"Well?"

Another deputy keeps looking through the car. "Nothing. No fingerprints. No blood. No damage. It's almost too clean."

"Troy Bradford...isn't your daughter dating him?"

"Yeah. She was talking with him last night."

"How's she taking it?"

"Putting missing person signs up all over town."

"Had one like this just a month ago, right?

The deputy looks at us. Who the hell are you?"

I hold up my badge. "U.S. Marshalls."

"Really? Little young, aren't you?"

"The rook here is. Show him your badge."

"Right...my badge." Sammy makes a show of slapping his pockets. "Um. I must have left-"

I roll my eyes. The deputy smiles. "Been there." He walks back to the car, and we follow.

"Nice acting."

"Thanks for putting me on the spot."

I raise my voice again. "You did have another one just like this, correct?"

"Yeah, just up the road a mil."

"Any connection between the two besides being men?"

"None we can find. Honestly, we're not sure what's going on."

"Well, that's the kind of fine police work I'd expect from local law enforcemmPH." Sammy stomps on my foot.

"Thanks, officers," Sammy says fast, leading me away.

"Dude, my foot."

"Why do you always have to mouth off to police?"

"Come on, let's hit the town."

It doesn't take much driving to find a girl putting up posters in town. We give her a story about being distant uncles of Troy's, and we're soon meeting with Amy and her friend in a diner. A lot of concern, and a little prodding, get them talking.

"You see, there was this girl-"

"That's what they say-"

"And she was murdered out on the highway one night-"

"And they never caught the killer-"

"So she's still out there, killing men who she thinks killed her-"

"Looking for justice."

Sammy and I look at each other thinking the same thing: Research time.

I finish washing out the blood and brain matter in my hair in the small sink of my, well, I guess it's my cell. Al's still standing in the corner, tapping and hitting the handlink, mumbling annoyance at Ziggy.

"What's the word, Al?"

"The word is 'too much'. As in, there's too much data to sift through, and none of it makes any sense."

"Well, give me the basics. Who did I leap into?"

"The guy in the waiting room says his name is Captain Jack Harkness."

"Captain Jack. Right. That's what the Holmes lookalike called me."

"Well, Ziggy's been combing the historical records. At first, she got nothing. But then she had to dig deep. Crack a few higher than restricted files."

"Yeah?"

"Yeah. Problem is, the name goes back a hundred years."

"So the name gets passed on-"

"That's the thing. In every picture, the face is the same. It's the same guy." Al points to the mirror, and I see the man that I look like. "That guy."

I shake my head slowly in confusion. "Why does Ziggy say I'm here?"

"No clue." Al sees how exasperated I am. "I'm sorry Sam, but there's about ten times as much data on this guy then normal. And all of it burried under encryption levels even Ziggy is having trouble with. Not to mention the fact that you're on the wrong side of the present, and Ziggy is trying to predict the future instead of just analyzing the past."

"Right, right. So what does he, Captain Jack, say back at the Project?"

Al scratches the back of his head. Never a good sign. "He's not saying much of anything. Except pretty much completely figuring out what happened to him and how leaping works. He says he's a time traveler."

That stops my pacing. Or rather, it would have, if I hadn't already stopped because there are now two Holmes' standing outside my cell.

"Talking to yourself, Captain?"

The Doctor pointed the sonic in different directions until the noise started to grow a bit louder. "That way," he said, pointing the sonic towards uptown Manhattan. "Shall we go? We have a city, planet, and possibly whole dimension to save."

"Couldn't of said it better myself, Doctor," I say to my new ally as our ragtag group rushes and hops over to the next rooftop, heading towards the source of the portal.

"Sir," one of Krang's Stone Soldiers communicates back to the general, "we may have a situation."

"What?" he sighs.

"Well, take a look for yourself," the soldier replies, opening a visual link.

tardis.jpg

The sight makes his blood boil, "The Doctor. Of course he would show up here and now. How typical. Find him and bring him to me."

Before we get very far, one of the invader's vehicles buzzes overhead. I ask The Doctor whether he's seen these things before, but he simply shrugs and shakes his head.

But it doesn't take long for us to come into contact with the rock soldiers again. The craft flies over us again and drops off a group of them. We head into formation with the Doctor and Lincoln behind us, before rushing towards them.

I meet the first one with a slash of my sword, and it bounces of harmlessly, "Yea, I probably should have saw that coming."

He backhands me across the face, sending me flying away from him. I look up to see Donnie shatter his bo staff against one of the others, and Mikey getting choked out by another.

Not wasting any time, I regain my feet and run as fast as I can at the enemy attacking Mikey, turn, and throw my shell into him. The impact manages to knock him off balance, causing him to drop Mike and tumble off the edge of the roof.

But as he does, more of them are airlifted onto our roof. I turn to the rest of our group, "Go! I'll hold them off! Shut down that portal."

Not wasting time for a response, I charge them again.

But it doesn't take long for us to come into contact with the rock soldiers again. The craft flies over us again and drops off a group of them. We head into formation with the Doctor and Lincoln behind us, before rushing towards them.

I meet the first one with a slash of my sword, and it bounces of harmlessly, "Yea, I probably should have saw that coming."

He backhands me across the face, sending me flying away from him. I look up to see Donnie shatter his bo staff against one of the others, and Mikey getting choked out by another.

Not wasting any time, I regain my feet and run as fast as I can at the enemy attacking Mikey, turn, and throw my shell into him. The impact manages to knock him off balance, causing him to drop Mike and tumble off the edge of the roof.

But as he does, more of them are airlifted onto our roof. I turn to the rest of our group, "Go! I'll hold them off! Shut down that portal."

Not wasting time for a response, I charge them again.

The Doctor looked down at his sonic. It was pointing in the direction that Leonardo was headed. He looked down at the screwdriver, then back up at the turtles.

"You lot," he said to the three turtles and two humans. "Go help out where you can. I'm going with Leonardo and kick off my glorious and clever plan to save the day."

"What it is, Doctor?" Lincoln asked skeptically. "More importantly, how much of this plan is already thought out."

"Good bit. Like twenty, thirty percent of it is worked out. It's a work in progress, okay? I'll do a thing and another bit of clever work and I'll have my plan, alright? We'll be in touch."

The Doctor took off after Leo as the rest of the group ran away. "Turtle man!" He yelled as the ninja fought off stone soldiers. "Surrender!"

The Doctor tucked his screwdriver in his jacket and held his hands up as a pack of stone men surrounded me. "I know it might sound a bit cliche, alien and all that I am, but... take me to your leader..."

The Doctor took off after Leo as the rest of the group ran away. "Turtle man!" He yelled as the ninja fought off stone soldiers. "Surrender!"

The Doctor tucked his screwdriver in his jacket and held his hands up as a pack of stone men surrounded me. "I know it might sound a bit cliche, alien and all that I am, but... take me to your leader..."

As I fight off the Rock Soldiers, and fail pretty horribly at doing so, I hear the Doctor behind me shouting to surrender. Half of my opponents turn to face him, and the other half stop pummeling me. I'm hurt, but not terribly bad. Some bruises and cuts, but I'll live. I toss down my swords at The Doctor's request, and before long we're been shuttled onto one of their flying craft headed towards the portal.

"I really hope you know what you're doing," I say to the alien. "Surrender usually isn't in my vocabulary. And I'm straight turtle by the way. No man involved."

As I fight off the Rock Soldiers, and fail pretty horribly at doing so, I hear the Doctor behind me shouting to surrender. Half of my opponents turn to face him, and the other half stop pummeling me. I'm hurt, but not terribly bad. Some bruises and cuts, but I'll live. I toss down my swords at The Doctor's request, and before long we're been shuttled onto one of their flying craft headed towards the portal.

"I really hope you know what you're doing," I say to the alien. "Surrender usually isn't in my vocabulary. And I'm straight turtle by the way. No man involved."

"Sorry about that," the Doctor said as both he and the turtle were secured with bonds. "Happens a lot to me, too, what with humans looking like Time Lords and all that."

The Doctor looked around the shuttle they were being transported in. Below them, New York City was fighting for its life.

"So, what's your story? Scanner says you and your friends are mutants. If you're pure turtle, then how did that happen?"

Last edited:
"Sorry about that," the Doctor said as both he and the turtle were secured with bonds. "Happens a lot to me, too, what with humans looking like Time Lords and all that."

The Doctor looked around the shuttle they were being transported in. Below them, New York City was fighting for its life.

"So, what's your story? Scanner says you and your friends are mutants. If you're pure turtle, then how did that happen?"

"I was gonna say you looked awfully like a human," I chuckle through the pain.

The question about my story is a surprising one in a moment like this. If I was him I'd be strategizing. Figuring out our next move. But he seems like he knows what's going on, so I guess I'll just go with it.

I tell him everything. About Hamato Yoshi, Splinter, and Oroku Saki. I tell him about the ooze and our transformation. About our mutation and training in the ninja arts. I tell him about the fight against the Purple Dragon Clan, The Foot, and The Shredder, and how he turned out to be my father's old master. I tell him about how the deception shattered our family and how I put it back together until tonight.

"So that's it really. We don't really know where the ooze came from or why it was in the sewer. Kind of odd to realize your whole life is based on chance and happenstance..."

I never really thought about it before. Our mutation. I mean there were times when I was younger where I wondered. By father always kept us so focused on training, that I never dwelled on it. But really, it's true. Our lives are built on luck. Nothing else.

"So that's it really. We don't really know where the ooze came from or why it was in the sewer. Kind of odd to realize your whole life is based on chance and happenstance..."

I never really thought about it before. Our mutation. I mean there were times when I was younger where I wondered. By father always kept us so focused on training, that I never dwelled on it. But really, it's true. Our lives are built on luck. Nothing else.

"Oh, that's nothing. I knew a whole race of people that were evolved from cold germs. The only way they even came about was when they were sneezed out their host's body. It's not just your life," the Doctor said with a smile and a glint in his eyes. "It's all life. All life is chaotic, dumb luck, messy, disorganized, and marvelous."

The shuttle began to slow down. The Doctor leaned his ear against his jacket and listened to the pulses coming from his screwdriver. "We're getting close."

"Oh, that's nothing. I knew a whole race of people that were evolved from cold germs. The only way they even came about was when they were sneezed out their host's body. It's not just your life," the Doctor said with a smile and a glint in his eyes. "It's all life. All life is chaotic, dumb luck, messy, disorganized, and marvelous."

The shuttle began to slow down. The Doctor leaned his ear against his jacket and listened to the pulses coming from his screwdriver. "We're getting close."

The Doctor's message strikes a cord. I don't know if it's because he's trying to make me feel better, or he's telling the truth. But the look in his eye tells me it's the latter. I'd be lying if I didn't say his excitement for life in general wasn't infectious, and instantly I'm feeling a lot better about this situation we're in.

And he's more right than he knows. I feel the craft stop, and the hatch to our little cell opens and we're escorted out by out captors to what seems to be a simple, empty room. Before long, a giant of a man enters.

Or at least, I think it's a man at first. Once he gets closer and I can get a good look at him, he looks a lot more machine than man. I can only imagine what Donnie or Mike would say in a situation like this.

krang1.png

He first looks at me, and says in a half-synthesized voice, "Well, well. So Sotckman's mutagen actually does work. He wasn't lying. Maybe I won't have to kill him then."

The questions rush through my head. He knows where I came from. He knows what made me, "You knew about us? About the ooze that created us."

"Quiet, freak. You dare speak to me? But yes. I knew about it. My people helped yours create it. I planned on stealing it and using it for my own ends, until it was lost. I'm lucky you and your friends happened. I'll be able to extract the formula from your DNA. You'll have to be killed first, of course."

"You don't have a chance. My brothers and I will stop you."

"Clearly you're doing a good job so far," the computer enhanced voice says sarcastically. He then approaches the Doctor, "Well, well Doctor. You've gotten a face lift or two since I've last seen you. As you can see, I've put together a nice body for myself as well. Better than my former people's exoskeletons. But of course not everyone can get their hands on Cybertronian technology."

He then opens his coat...revealing a brain. With eyes. And a mouth. Which is apparently what this thing is.

"And I'm apparently the freak," I mutter to the Doctor, drawing an angry look from the creature in front of us.

He first looks at me, and says in a half-synthesized voice, "Well, well. So Sotckman's mutagen actually does work. He wasn't lying. Maybe I won't have to kill him then."

The questions rush through my head. He knows where I came from. He knows what made me, "You knew about us? About the ooze that created us."

"Quiet, freak. You dare speak to me? But yes. I knew about it. My people helped yours create it. I planned on stealing it and using it for my own ends, until it was lost. I'm lucky you and your friends happened. I'll be able to extract the formula from your DNA. You'll have to be killed first, of course."

"You don't have a chance. My brothers and I will stop you."

"Clearly you're doing a good job so far," the computer enhanced voice says sarcastically. He then approaches the Doctor, "Well, well Doctor. You've gotten a face lift or two since I've last seen you. As you can see, I've put together a nice body for myself as well. Better than my former people's exoskeletons. But of course not everyone can get their hands on Cybertronian technology."

He then opens his coat...revealing a brain. With eyes. And a mouth. Which is apparently what this thing is.

"And I'm apparently the freak," I mutter to the Doctor, drawing an angry look from the creature in front of us.

"You're not a freak, and neither is he. General Krang is an Utrom, a species of people that look like living human brains. They're a peaceful, rational people... but Krang? Well, I suppose every barrel of apples has a rotten one in it. What are you doing here, Krang? I thought you were exiled to another dimension."

"And I thought you were dead, Doctor. What happened to your celery?'

"That was a few lifetimes ago. You've been out the loop sometime."

"So I've been told."

"Leave, Krang," the Doctor said. "You're a smart man, have to be since you're all brains. Take your troops and leave and be done with this planet and this dimension. We can end this now, peacefully and without harm to you?"

"Harm to me?"
Krang cackled. "I have an army. What do you have? The Time Lords are gone now. They cannot save you. They're history."

"No. Yes. Actually, it's kind of both. They're in limbo. They've become the stuff of legend. Like me. You see, I'm a myth now. I'm a boogeyman, the sort mothers tell their children about before tucking them into bed. 'Drink your milk and eat your vegetables or the Doctor will get you... and if you try and invade a helpless planet?... Well, then he will most certainly come for you.' That's what I do, Krang... or, that's what I did. I've been trying to stop showing off, stop being so flashy. But for you? Oh, for you I will make a special case out of it. You've come to this planet, tried to take it over. Why? No reason at all. You're a bully, Krang. You take what you think is yours and you think nobody can stop you, just like the Time Lords acted during the Time War. They're all gone now. Erased from time and space You know what happened to them?"

"What?"

"Me. You have your guns, your soldiers, and all your pretty little toys. All we have are four mutant turtles, the 16th President of the US, and a madman in a box. And you know what? You're going to need more help, because that's all we need. The Doctor is here to tuck you in, Krang. It's bedtime."

General Krang cackles again at The Doctor's defiance, "My dear Doctor, once I enslave this pitiful world and make it's living beings into my mutant army, I'm going to parade you around the galaxy in a cage, killing you and watching you regenerate so I can kill you again. And after that, no one will again question my power. You have already failed. You've been captured, along with your mutant friend. And the rest of your friends will never-"

Before he can finish an alarm blares through the building, and I see The Doctor smiling next to me as Krang rages, "What is the meaning of this!?"

"The cavalry is here, General," I respond.

In a fluid motion, I hop over my bound hands, spring off my one foot and deliver a devastating kick to the side of the metal body's head. It's hard, and hurts my foot, but it takes Krang down to his knees. He retaliates by producing a blade from the forearm of the suit and swiping at me. But all he succeeds in doing is cutting my binding.

"Thanks," I smile at him and push The Doctor out of the way of another swipe.

I turn to my new friend as I continue to draw Krang's attention, "Go! Find the source and reverse it. I can handle myself here!"

"Thanks," I smile at him and push The Doctor out of the way of another swipe.

I turn to my new friend as I continue to draw Krang's attention, "Go! Find the source and reverse it. I can handle myself here!"

"I'll be back!"

While Leonardo and Krang fought, the Doctor ran with his hands behind his back. He ran out the room and ran down a corridor, straight into a stone soldier. "Hello...," the Doctor said. "You wouldn't find it in your heart to let me go and proceed to ruin your bosses plans would you?"

The rock man shook his head and the Doctor shrugged. "It was worth a shot..."

BLAM!

A speedy object tore by the Doctor's face and the rock creature was knocked back off its feet. The Doctor turned around and saw Lincoln standing a few feet away, a smoking Colt Army 1860 revolver in his hand.

"How did you get that?!"

"I picked it up when we were in Utah, remember?"

"Yes, that's right... I don't think I like you using guns."

"I regret the use, Doctor. There is a latin saying: "If you wish for peace, prepare for war," and I will do that, as I did during the War Between the States."

"You're right. Doesn't mean I like it, but you're right. How did you get here anyway?"

"We were able to follow your shuttle across the city here..."

"We?"

Just then, the other three Turtles came around the corner.

"Doctor Dude! Where's Leo?"

"He's fighting Krang," the Doctor said as Lincoln undid his bond. "He needs help, but I'm going to rewire the portal generator. I may need help as well."

"I'll go,"
Donatello said. "I'm good with electronics. I can help out."

"Good. I'll take Abe and Donatello, or do you need more?"

"Trust me," Raphael growled. "The way I feel right now, me by myself would be enough."

"That's the spirit! Leonardo is down that hallway. Good luck!"

The Doctor, Lincoln, and Donatello took off towards the portal engine's energy signature while Raphael and Michelangelo rushed to help their brother.

Nemesis.png

RPG7-5.png

I always knew that singlehandedly taking out the Washington PD's SWAT unit was going to be the easiest part of the evening. I just didn't expect to be so pathetically simple. Naturally, they had no idea that I was ever going to be this bold and take them all on in a fight, but I have a feeling it wouldn't have mattered. The brunt of cops in this city are mostly trained to handle terrorist threats and the occassional carjacking. I consider myself apart of neither degrading facet of society. No, where I come from - and what's led me here, to these scum of the earth - is something else entirely. I can practically feel the eighteen years of unbridled rage that I've been quelling inside come right out of my hands, burying themselves deeper into the blood that begins to paint the floors.

Two are already seriously injured by the time I land. I snapped the first one's neck with a german crutch manuever and he'll likely be in critical condition for the remainder of the evening. The second suffered the back of his own nightstick, jammed straight into his ear canal so deeply that if he isn't at least deafened by the experience, he'll be the alternatively deceased from the rapid blood loss. Looking up, I see at least a dozen men round out the room, their guns trained on me like a pack of wild, laser-sighted wolves eyes. Slowly, I rise from the floor, allowing the cloak to cover up where my fingers are heading.

"DON'T MOVE! DON'T ****ING MOVE, YOU HEAR ME?!"

One in the back grabs his dispatch-comm and turns from the scene.

"Bravo 2, Bravo 2. We have the perp. Repeat, we have Nemesis."

I could almost bring myself to smile right now. A planted, falsified bomb's shell in the basement of the Smithsonian. Even the squad's Captain can hardly believe it as he looks over the inner-casing, finding nothing but my note: a small plastic index card, reading the word "BOOM" over and over.

"Forty-seven dispatch officers, murdered in one night just to send your little message. And for this vaudville crap?"

He turns towards me, looking about ready to break the weapon he's holding over my face.

"You're a special kind of freak. And freaks like you make me sick."

Please.

You're hurting my fragile ego.

"At least you know the feeling's mutual."

I glance over at the injured officers, being helped by their fellow officers as one calls in for an ambulance. Then look straight at the Captain once again.

"Then again, they seem to know it better than anyone."

It takes three of his men to hold him back.

"Those men had families, you ****!"

Like a puppet on a string.

"Is that what makes them special? Then forgive me, for I've seen the error of my ways."

The sarcasm's scathing, but he holds himself back remarkably well. One of his men rushes up to him as I'm given the standard "On-your-knees, hands-over-your-head" garbage. The cuffs snap over my wrists and all of them stare, turning back towards the Captain as he's finished with his debrief.

"Well, well. It seems that we've got special plans for you after all, freak. That was the folks up from county. They've got a nice maximum security cell all readied up for ya."

If any of you live through the night, that is.

General Krang swings his blade my way again, and I spring away into a back flip. Without my swords and other weapons, I'm forced to resort to stall tactics to deal with the warlord. He's not all that fast but there is plenty of power behind these swings, and if one of them connects, I'll probably be cleaved in half.

He stabs straight at me, and I leap over the blade, push myself off his arm, and vault over his head. Unfortunately, he spins and catches me with his other arm, slamming into me with the force of a speeding truck. I'm shot through the air and through a wall into the industrial white hallway outside the room we were in.

"RRRRAAAAAHHHHH!" Raphael's battle cry rings out through the hallway, and I look up to see him charging at Krang.

And then a hand helps me up and Michelangelo is standing there with a weird look an his face, "Dude. It's a brain."

"Way ahead of you, Mikey."

"Here," he responds, handing me my swords. "We made sure to pick them up for you."

I sling one blade into the sheath on my back and then turn back to Krang and Raph going at it. My brother's always been the strongest of us, and he's putting up a valiant effort against the general. But he's not interesting in trying to put distance between them. He's all force and no strategy.

Not wasting any more time, I head into the fray myself, tossing a few shuriken at Krang. They don't really affect him, but they distract him long enough for Raph to find a weak spot on his armor. It sends the mechanical body into a convulsion and drops Krang to his knees.

I move in, and slam my knee into the covering that allows Krang a view of the outside world. It must affect him, because he lets out a grunt of pain as the strike lands.

"Whoa, guess that's why they say not to tap on the glass at the aquarium!" Mike chuckles as he slams one of his weapons across the face of the robot.

But he doesn't stay dazed for long. He swats us all away with a swing of his fist, sending us tumbling backwards.

"You cannot beat me, turtles," Krang chuckles as he stands and readies himself for the next round to begin. "Now die and I'll name some of my armies after you in your honor."

I get in formation with my brothers, ignoring Krang's threat, "Where's Donnie and Casey?"

"Don went with Abe and The Doctor to shut down the portal," Raph say, cracking his kneck. "Casey, father, and Karai's ninjas are fighting off the soldiers outside the building."

"And April's covering it," Mike says and Raph gives him a look. "What, just sayin'."

"Enough!" Krang blurts out. "Enough talk. Face your deaths. Now."

"Ah shut up. You look like a piece of used bubble gum, you know that?"

"Ha...good one."

"How dare you disrespect the great Krang!"

"Oh man, now your talking in the third person?"

Krang doesn't have a comeback this time. He charges toward us, starting the next round of fighting. And all I can hope is that The Doctor and Donnie get their job done soon.

Nemesis.png

Three Hours Earlier

"All of the invited guests have arrived, sir."

Bats.png

And lo and behold, the preverbial sheep have entered the slaughterhouse. I suppose I have the stockholders to thank for this, because it was truly their meddling that helped offer the perfect hook for every central crime lord in the district. In the face of a nationwide financial crisis, Morrigan Communications took a sizeable hit in annual revenue by a figure of at least ten percent. Of course, investors were getting anxious that the number would only increase if we didn't offer at least some sort of a major corperate deal within the next six months, but my plate was already considerably full for the near future. Quietly building up an arsenal capable to fight a war against entire squadrons of police and slaughtering the competition tends to keep one's interest occupied.

But whenever I heard that a man with powerful connections to the underworld - specifically, suspected Yazuka named Hirohito Juuma - had shown interest in becoming an investor in American businesses, I just had to set up this little song and dance to persuade him that my company was the more favorable option. You see, I don't just like to make a living by making the lives of all agents of law enforcement an absolute living hell. True, it's the primary motivation. The real goal that drives me to do the things that many would consider terrible, even inhumane.

But there's also the problem that men like Juuma generate. The idea of a rampant crime syndicate that I can't control. I want these men on my side, working towards my same idealology. Using them as pawn to dismantle a system far above even my capabilities. But as Nemesis, intimidation and murder can only get me so far. Even I'm not so vain as to believe I could take on the Yazuka. But to control Juuma as a puppet, even unwittingly? It stands the chance of lending me an advantage.

"Good to know. I'll be down shortly, Gibbons."

My chaffuer nods and departs for the main hall. I can't help but snarl. Withering old fool's beginning to make my skin crawl. And right now, that's the absolute last thing that I need. There's still the business of tonight's show to attend to, after all. I just recieved word that the shell has been delivered to The Smithsonian. All I need to do now is work to impress, win over my skeptics, and depart for the early evening.

Then I'll be rid of these leeches.

"I wouldn't know anything about a problem child, Greaves. Though I've certainly slept with more than a few!"

The dinner guests chuckle to themselves as I instruct the caterer to have another round of champagne brought to the table. The ballroom holds at least ten thousand, and it's packed for tonight's gala. Nothing like a charitable benefit to get the worms that feed out and among the living.

My business partner, Walter Greaves, grabs a glass for himself and grins. A decent enough man. I have absolutely nothing in common with him.

"You're terrible, Matthew. Never change."

I take a swig myself, glancing over at the grandfather clock on the floor above. Ten forty-five. It's nearly time.

"I never intend to, old friend. Speaking of which, how's our stock offering this evening? We're not too terribly in the red yet, are we?"

The guests turn their attention to Greaves, anxiously awaiting his answer. I give him a stern look, making sure that he understands that whatever he says could either make or break this entire evening. We need to be desperate, yes. But not so far helpless that we're easily wrote off as sunk.

"Oh. Well, that's actually what I was hoping we'd be able to discuss in private..."

I chuckle, indicating the rest of the table. Notably, Hirohito Juuma, who's been distancing himself from the table - but not so much that I can't tell that he's listening, every now and again.

"What are secrets among friends? I certainly don't believe in them."

"Well, if you insist. We've been recieving offers for the last two weeks from several overseas businesses. The sales figures could reach a record high, if we keep up on the pitch. Should be able to close up the gap soon."

I smile. Not at the news, though that's certainly what it appears to be. But at the look on Juuma's face, as he begins to whisper to his confidants. He'll be making an offer by sunrise, guaranteed.

"See? What'd I tell you all? Greaves brings nothing but good news."

Excusing myself from the table, I place my empty glass down and depart before anyone can ask where I'm heading. They'll eventually forget I was ever here, knowing the contents of the champagne that I've used to mildly drug them with. And when they've eventually settled on one another, I'll be clear to leave for the Smithsonian. As far as the police are concerned, the dreaded Nemesis will be making an appearance there tonight, and I'd definitely hate to miss that.

"Matthew Morrigan?"

Just as I'm about to leave the room, I'm caught by a man I don't recognize, sitting at the bar. Black hair, a white streak running through it. Exceptionally well groomed. Not the typical riftraft that enjoys these parties. Even from a parting glance, there's something different about him.

"Yes? Forgive me, but I don't think I know you."

"You wouldn't, trust me. I'm a guest to the city, and I wasn't invited."

He extends his hand and smiles in a way I've never quite seen before.

"Hunter Rose. Professional gala crasher."

Hesitating to show my instant disdain, I nevertheless shake the man's hand.

But to my surprise, his grip is as strong as steel.

"Well, I hope you're enjoying the evening, Mr. Rose. I'm sorry I couldn't have formally invited you. What brings you to Washington?"

Rose idly glances at his glass, then swigs. It's as if he's trying hard to act aloof. I would know the signs.

"Oh, nothing much. I work in the writing buisness. You see, I was hoping to gain a sense of the wider culture, when one of my publishers happened to mention the party tonight. Thought it'd be a fun trip."

I raise an eyebrow.

Something's definitely off about this man.

"Can't say that I'm familiar with the line of work, myself. I never fancied myself a creator."

"We're all creators, Mr. Morrigan."

He holds his glass to the light, to check it's contents.

"It's just the extent of our drive to be that defines how we do it. An impressive formula, by the way."

I narrow my gaze. "Excuse me?"

He places the glass on the bar, which I've just now noticed is still full.

"The champagne. The chemical compound. Impressive. I'll have to remember it if I ever have the urge to drug my guests."

He smirks at me. I don't know how he could have possibly been able to tell what was in the glasses, but my haze of politeness quickly wears thin.

"What did you say your name was? Hunter... something?"

"I wouldn't worry about it, Morrigan."

He puts on his jacket and pats me on the shoulder as he passes.

"I think you'll know all about me soon enough."

And just like that, he's gone. Leaving me with another person of interest to kill. If he was trying to impress me, it didn't work - speaking in his favor, at least.

But I'll have to leave it for now. I have something much more important to attend to.

Last edited:
Nemesis.png

Now

It takes precisely seventeen minutes to escape from the back of a prisoner transport.

That is to say, it takes seventeen minutes if you're any good at it.

First, you have to accomodate for watchful eyes, making sure that no one notices your sleight of hand. Have to hide a few backup lockpicks on your person in the event of being discovered, which in itself is a setback that can cost you anywhere from a space of seconds to whole minutes. My first attempt to escape custody, back in the years I spent in Zurich, was a botched effort that lasted roughly twenty-nine minutes. If I had been faster, the chance of rotting away in that hellhole of a prison camp would not have come nearly as close as it did. The second thing you have to focus on is a gradual loosening of the binds, slowly unlocking the tumblers within step-by-ever-tedious-step. An amatuer will tell you that after the first three locks are bypassed, you can simply rip the binds off in a show of force. Not the case, unless you want to be shot at point blank range without proper leeway and freedom of movement. So when you're set to do it, patience is the utmost requirement.

The third, and perhaps most crucial step, is to pick your targets carefully. You're guarded by SWAT, then you can exploit their lack of combat training by dismantling their weapons first. The rest comes easy, as I proved to these simpletons earlier tonight. Military is alot more difficult, as they can provide more of a threat to your person than just a hail of bullets. But speaking of that, I think I'm only going to be getting ahead of myself if I continue.

rpg3.png

After all, I'm already fifteen minutes down. And the fourth tumbler just split.

"Radio dispatch, do you copy? Repeat, do you copy? Hello? Dammit..."

The guard closest to me grows frustrated at the abundant noise of static coming from the other end of the line. Eventually, he gives it up, resuming his position at the forefront of six armed SWAT officers ordered to keep a strict eye on me. Not a one of them has even given me the slightest glance, after what I did to their bretheren. So the first part of the plan worked, at least. Maintain a focal point of their rage, and use it to keep them distracted. The second part will come in handy for when we actually get to my awaiting cell.

You see, I'm not planning an actual escape. Not yet. I've loosened the bonds, of course, but that's only a formality for the guards to later discover as I'm booked. I want them to believe I'm desperate to get out out their custody, so that they'll take me even more seriously than before. Because tonight was all a plan to get me deeper inside. To get me closer to a man that betrayed my trust and sold out a few of my trade secrets to the police. Matthew "Bogus" Johnson, who once worked under my employment as a hitman.

Tonight, he's awaiting transport to a state prison in Wyoming, where his trial for triple homicide and trade smuggling of illegal narcotics will inevitably take place. Among other counts of assault, robbery, and murder that they've been unable to prove he's comitted. What Johnson doesn't know is that the police are bringing over their star prisoner, the dreaded Nemesis of all law enforcement that exists, to the very same maximum security wing that he's being held in while he awaits transfer.

It's perfect, really. Set up a high-stakes sceneario at the bottom of one of Washington's most famous landmarks, murder a couple of cops, let them easily apprehend me and toss me away to the dogs - never allowing them to suspect that one of those dogs is about to be put down. You'll regret your transgressions against me, Johnson. And when I deliver the final blow, I'll be able to look upon the fear in your eyes as death embraces you in a cold, slow jaunt that will be as painful as it is humiliating.

"Alright, we're coming up on the main road. Stay sharp. He could try anything."

"Should we de-mask the perp, sir? Get an identification going?"

"Don't even try it. The last time we had him under our jurisdiction, somebody lost three of their fingers trying to pull that thing off. His whole damned body's probably booby-trapped..."

I smirk. "Well, not all of it. Roughly 85%."

"You shut the hell up!"

That's when, contrary to everything that's happened up to this point, the unexpected starts to happen. The convoy begins to shake, followed by a loud and deafening crack against the hood of the the vehicle. The SWAT all stand, at first training their guns on me, but eventually realizing what's actually happening when the tires screech to a complete stop.

"It's coming from outside! Fallback!"

"Central, convoy's just been hit! Repeat, we've just been hit! Do you have a visual?!"

Before he can continue that thought, both men are thrown to the opposite wall of the van, and even I'm shaken a little in the aftershock. I'd love to be able to claim that I'm causing these people such discomfort, but in all honesty? I have no idea what the hell is happening. I was in this from the beginning to get to the prison, and now I'm either being attacked or sprung. Or likely both, given my long list of enemies who'd pull such an insane stunt to see me dead at their own hands.

The remaining SWAT team members kick down the door and make a run for it, guns trained high into the air and spun in every direction. But what they don't see is what approaches from behind them, out of the darkness, armed with a large staff that seems to have a two-pronged blade attached to the tip.

"OH, JESU---!"

Instant decapitation.

The others begin firing, but it's ultimately a useless gesture. The figure dodges past them and slices through them with relative succession. The raw skill and agility to be able to pull off such a feat even has me partly impressed, and I've been trained to do the exact same thing. Except that I'm a bit preoccupied at the moment, being bound to the hilt and all.

The blood flies and bullets graze the ground, as the last of the officers finally fall.

My "savior" steps forth and gives a silent bow, pulling out a white cloth to wipe his blade of the excess.

"Hello there. You may not realize who I am, but I've been a longtime admirer of your work..."

I know exactly who he is. And he's one of the most dangerous men in the entire country, if not the world.

rpg3.png

He calls himself Grendel.

Last edited:
1zvpetz.png

Previously

"I'll be back!"

While Leonardo and Krang fought, the Doctor ran with his hands behind his back. He ran out the room and ran down a corridor, straight into a stone soldier. "Hello...," the Doctor said. "You wouldn't find it in your heart to let me go and proceed to ruin your bosses plans would you?"

The rock man shook his head and the Doctor shrugged. "It was worth a shot..."

BLAM!

A speedy object tore by the Doctor's face and the rock creature was knocked back off its feet. The Doctor turned around and saw Lincoln standing a few feet away, a smoking Colt Army 1860 revolver in his hand.

"How did you get that?!"

"I picked it up when we were in Utah, remember?"

"Yes, that's right... I don't think I like you using guns."

"I regret the use, Doctor. There is a latin saying: "If you wish for peace, prepare for war," and I will do that, as I did during the War Between the States."

"You're right. Doesn't mean I like it, but you're right. How did you get here anyway?"

"We were able to follow your shuttle across the city here..."

"We?"

Just then, the other three Turtles came around the corner.

"Doctor Dude! Where's Leo?"

"He's fighting Krang," the Doctor said as Lincoln undid his bond. "He needs help, but I'm going to rewire the portal generator. I may need help as well."

"I'll go,"
Donatello said. "I'm good with electronics. I can help out."

"Good. I'll take Abe and Donatello, or do you need more?"

"Trust me," Raphael growled. "The way I feel right now, me by myself would be enough."

"That's the spirit! Leonardo is down that hallway. Good luck!"

The Doctor, Lincoln, and Donatello took off towards the portal engine's energy signature while Raphael and Michelangelo rushed to help their brother.

The Doctor, Donatello, and Lincoln followed the energy signature to one of the rooms in Krang's headquarters. Sitting in the middle of the room was the portal's power source: a large, rectangular object with couplings running along the top.

"Alright," the Doctor said, rubbing his hands. "A quantum power transformer. Might be good, might be bad. Won't know until we get inside and see what awaits us. Let's get started."

Donatello and the Doctor went to work on the transformer while Lincoln watched. "What do we do first?"

"First?" The Doctor asked, opening the transformer's panel and revealing the wires and ciruits beneath it. "First, we carefully shut the transformer down..."

The Doctor shoved his hand through the panel and yanked a handful of wires out of the transformer. The power sourced groaned and stopped.

"There we go!"

"Yes... careful."

"Now, we have about two minutes to reverse the portal's polarity."

"Why two minutes?" Lincoln asked.

"Because, Krang's forces have been altered that we're in here. In two minutes, his troops are going to come crashing through that door..."

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"