One Universe: Independents Edition Season 1 IC Thread

I get in the car while Sammy hangs up his phone and starts digging through the box on his lap.

"No one matching dad's description in the hospitals or morgue."

"Well that's something. Breakfast?"
I ask holding up some chips and red vines.

"Yeah, no thanks. You and dad still running those credit card scams?"

"Hunting doesn't pay the bill? Not our fault they keep sending us cards. We just fill out the applications."

Sammy shakes his head. "You seriously need to update your cassette tape collection."

I swallow some chips. "Why?"

"Well, first, they're cassette tapes. Second, Black Sabbath? Motorhead? Metallica? It's the greatest hits of mullet rock."

I grab the Metallica tape and slide it in the stereo. "You know the car rules, Sammy. Driver picks the music, rider shuts his cakehole."

I start the car as the music plays.

"It's Sam now. Haven't gone by Sammy since I was kid."

"Sorry, can't hear you. Music's too loud." I hit the gas ad the Impala takes off passing a sign in the road.

Jericho 7 miles.

Sammy and I drive for while until we come to a bridge swarming with sheriff cars. They're all parked around a lone civilian car, with deputies all over it and the ground below the bridge.

I park the car, then reach pass Sammy to pull a box out of the glove compartment. I pop it open and start flipping through the fake ids, settling on one with a smile.

"Come on."

"See anything down there?" the deputy calls down to the men below? They signal no and he shakes his head. He goes back to the car.

"Well?"

Another deputy keeps looking through the car. "Nothing. No fingerprints. No blood. No damage. It's almost too clean."

"Troy Bradford...isn't your daughter dating him?"

"Yeah. She was talking with him last night."

"How's she taking it?"

"Putting missing person signs up all over town."

"Had one like this just a month ago, right?

The deputy looks at us. Who the hell are you?"

I hold up my badge. "U.S. Marshalls."

"Really? Little young, aren't you?"

"The rook here is. Show him your badge."

"Right...my badge." Sammy makes a show of slapping his pockets. "Um. I must have left-"

I roll my eyes. The deputy smiles. "Been there." He walks back to the car, and we follow.

"Nice acting."

"Thanks for putting me on the spot."

I raise my voice again. "You did have another one just like this, correct?"

"Yeah, just up the road a mil."

"Any connection between the two besides being men?"

"None we can find. Honestly, we're not sure what's going on."

"Well, that's the kind of fine police work I'd expect from local law enforcemmPH." Sammy stomps on my foot.

"Thanks, officers," Sammy says fast, leading me away.

"Dude, my foot."

"Why do you always have to mouth off to police?"

"Come on, let's hit the town."

It doesn't take much driving to find a girl putting up posters in town. We give her a story about being distant uncles of Troy's, and we're soon meeting with Amy and her friend in a diner. A lot of concern, and a little prodding, get them talking.

"You see, there was this girl-"

"That's what they say-"

"And she was murdered out on the highway one night-"

"And they never caught the killer-"

"So she's still out there, killing men who she thinks killed her-"

"Looking for justice."

Sammy and I look at each other thinking the same thing: Research time.

I sit in front of the library computer accessing their news archive. I hate these things, but it's usually the fastest way to get info. At least when you don't have the cash to spread around.

Centennial Highway murdered woman --- No results

murder woman Centennial Highway --- No results

female murder Centennial Highway --- No results

"This is hopeless."

Sammy slides his chair over from the newspaper he's looking through, pushing me out of the way.

"Hey!"

"Shhh!" someone else shouts.

Sammy just shakes his head.

"Spirits stick around because of a trauma, right?"

"Yeah, so?"

"Well," he starts typing, "maybe it wasn't a murder."

female suicide Centennial Highway --- 1 result

"Ok, let's see." He clicks the link. "1981, Constance Parker, age 24, jumped to her death late on night from the Centennial Bridge."

"That's something. But why?"

He reads down. "Ok...damn...An hour before, she called 911. She said she was giving her son and daughter a bath. She went downstairs for just a minute, and when she came back, they weren't breathing. They didn't make it.

"...**** me."

"'Our babies were gone,' husband Joesph Parker said, 'and Constance couldn't live with what happened.'"

I lean in and look at the photo of where she jumped.

"That bridge...look familiar?"

We stand on the edge of the bridge into town, the same one the Sheriff's men were all over. We look down at the dark river below.

"So this is where she too the header, huh?"

"You think dad figured it out?"

Well, he's chasing the same story, and we're chasing him."

"So what do we do now?"

"We keep digging until we find him. Might take a while..."

"You remember, right? Law school? I told you I have to be back-"

"-by Monday. Right...I forgot."

"Uh-huh."

"So. This lawyer thing. You're really serious about it then."

"Of course."

"Going to college...Getting married...All the normal stuff. You think that's for you?"

"Sure. Why not?" A little bit of suspicion creeps into his voice.

"And Jessica? Does she know what you are? About all the things you've done?"

"No, and she's not going to know."

"That's a healthy relationship. Pretend all you want, but sooner or later, you'll have to accept what you are."

"And what's that?"

"One of us."

"No," Sammy cuts me off as I try to walk away. "That's not my life."

"You have a responsibility-"

"To dad? And his crusade? If it weren't for pictures, I wouldn't even know what mom looks like. I mean, what difference would it make? Mom's gone, and she's not coming back."

Sonuva-
I grab Sammy by his jacket and slam him up against one of the bridge's supports. I grind my teeth. "...Don't talk about her like that." I let him go with another shove and turn away-

"Sam..."

"Wha-!"

Standing on the edge of the bridge, looking from the river to us, is a woman in white...

"NRRRAAAHHHHH!" Krang yells as he swings wildly at us. So far we've been doing a good job of keeping away from him and staying unharmed, but the thing has become more and more desperate as the fights gone on.

He slams his fist down into the floor in front of me in the space I was standing mere seconds before. Not wanting to waste an opportunity, I kick off and drive my knee into the compartment where the being known as Krang resides in his suit of extreme armor.

But it doesn't affect him as much as I would have hoped. He smacks me back, into my brothers. We're all bowled over, and I have to act quickly to deflect a laser blast from Krang's eye away with my sword.

We need to end this. Quickly. If we don't, Krang will eventually overpower us. I look at Mikey and Raph, "Ready to run?"

"Run, you serious?" Raph asks. He never accepts the idea that one must retreat to win.

"Yea, let's go."

We bolt off away from the interstellar despot down the hallway. "Where's the Doctor!?"

"No clue dude!" Mikey yells as a bolt of energy strikes the wall of the hallway, causing a small explosion.

"Well, I guess Krang has a gun on his ride," I say, attempting to shake the cobwebs out of my head. "Let's go, we need to find The Doctor."

We continue to run, until we rush into a large atrium with a large, mechanical machine blasting up into the sky. The portal source, and standing there are Donnie, Lincoln and The Doctor.

"How much longer?"

"Dunno, why?"

"Because Krang's on his way."

We continue to run, until we rush into a large atrium with a large, mechanical machine blasting up into the sky. The portal source, and standing there are Donnie, Lincoln and The Doctor.

"How much longer?"

"Dunno, why?"

"Because Krang's on his way."

"Oh, good," the Doctor said, turning back to the wiring. His fingers moved quickly through the clumps of wire. "I have a bone to pick with him... inviting us into his house without the common decency to offer us any jammie dodgers. That's just rude..."

The door leading into the room shuddered and shook. It shook again as a powerful body slammed into it.
"Doctor," Lincoln said, turning to the door.

"Don't rush me! I don't work well... No, I do some of my best work when I'm being rushed. Objection removed. Rush away!"

The door buckled and collapsed under the weight of a stone soldier. The rock man picked himself up and rushed into the room with four soldiers behind him.

The door buckled and collapsed under the weight of a stone soldier. The rock man picked himself up and rushed into the room with four soldiers behind him.

"Oh of course," I mutter to myself before heading off towards the four advancing rock soldiers. My brothers engage the others, as Krang comes through the door, and stands in the door way.

"Kill them, Traag" he snarls the order to the soldier I've engaged. "And make it painful. Do this and be rewarded by your general."

"
So you think you've got what it takes to take me down, Traag?" I smile at the soldier and twist my sword in my hand. "Because I don't think you got what it takes."

"I'm the second in command to the greatest military mind in the multiverse," he snarls back. "You're nothing to me."

"Weird. I figured the greatest military mind would have been able to beat six people by now."

That sets him off, he comes at me with a stone blade of his own. He's strong, very strong. But he lacks my decided skill with a blade, and I'm able to get strikes in. But they don't do anything.

He laughs at my futile attempt to injure him, "Did you really think that was going to work?"

"No...but this might!" I duck as Raphael tosses the rock soldier he was fighting our way. The other stone man slams into Traag, sending both of them flying and crashing to the ground.

"Thanks," I nod to my brother.

"Don't thank me just yet," he responds as Traag stands and picks up his fallen comrade's sword. He rushes my brother and I, and we're forced to go on the defensive. "You know, this isn't really fair. You guys are like stone...because you're made of stone. Oh man, I sound like Mikey."

"I heard that!" Mikey yells as he battles his own foe.

"We're not going to last long like this, Doctor!" Donnie calls out to our ally.

Traag slices outwardly with both of his blades. I manage to dodge out of the way, but a cry of pain tells me Raph was struck. I look up to see one of the swords embedded in his right shoulder, and even slightly embedded in his shell.

"Raph!" I yell, going to his side and defending him against Krang's right hand man.

"We're not going to last long like this, Doctor!" Donnie calls out to our ally.

Traag slices outwardly with both of his blades. I manage to dodge out of the way, but a cry of pain tells me Raph was struck. I look up to see one of the swords embedded in his right shoulder, and even slightly embedded in his shell.

"Raph!" I yell, going to his side and defending him against Krang's right hand man.

"What did I say about rushing me?!" The Doctor shouted. "Keep it up!"

Lincoln's gangly body flew by the Doctor. The 16th President picked himself up off the ground and pulled the revolver from his jacket. With his gun, Lincoln took a shot at Traag. The bullet knocked him backwards, but didn't cripple the rock soldier.

The Doctor pulled a monocle from his jacket pocket and looked around. "Done! Word of advice: As soon as I start it, run. This whole facility is coated in void stuff and will be sucked back into the portal. We're in it, we go too. So, yeah... I started the portal five seconds ago... so, RUN!"

The Doctor pulled a monocle from his jacket pocket and looked around. "Done! Word of advice: As soon as I start it, run. This whole facility is coated in void stuff and will be sucked back into the portal. We're in it, we go too. So, yeah... I started the portal five seconds ago... so, RUN!"

"What!?" I yell to the Doctor as I duck a swipe from Traag, and then throw my shoulder into him, knocking him off balance. I then scoop up Raph over my shoulder as the building begins to shudder and shake beneath us. Not wasting any time, I bolt out towards the hallway behind my brothers, The Doctor, and the 16th President of the United States.

"What floor are we on?" I yell to the others as we attempt to escape.

"Thirteen!" Donatello calls back.

"Oh man we're screwed, dudes!" Mikey yells.

As he does, a blast form Krang's energy weapon rips through the floor around us, sending us free falling through three stories. We land hard, and Mikey groans, "Well, at least we're not on the thirteenth floor anymore."

I hear Krang's weapon charging up as the building begins being sucked up into the portal. I can see the upper floors disappearing, along with rock soldiers. But not Krang. He's staying put and getting ready to fire at us again, "Move!"

We do, and the warlord doesn't end up hitting any of us with his blast. As we run, I notice a room with a man slamming against the window of a door for help. But we don't have time to stop. I give him a sympathetic look and continue down the hallway with Raph over my shoulder.

Baxter Stockman watches as the turtles and the two men run down the hallway, leaving him locked in his prison alone. That was his one chance, and now it was gone. The scientist begins to cry as the world around him distorts and is called back into the void from which Krang and his army came.

Stockman realizes this is his own fault. There's no one to blame but himself. He should have never listened to Krang in the first place. But then, he might have already been dead by the general's hand. But for the turtle to just watch him, to leave him, to sacrifice him to save himself. It fills Baxter Stockman with uncontrolable rage.

He steadies himself as the roof above him is ripped off, and he is sucked into the void.

Eventually we reach an elevator shaft, and I look at the others, "Going down?"

Quickly prying open the shaft, Mikey and Don slide down the cable with The Doctor and Lincoln on their backs, and then I head down with Raph, using one of Mikey's nunchuk's to slide effortlessly to the bottom.

Once there, we burst through the front do as Krang's base gives one final shudder, and the steel, concrete, and glass swirls into the night sky as if grabbed by the hand of God. The street of New York we're on is shrouded by dust from the building, but we all begin laughing. Even Raph begins to come to and gives a chuckle from what he sees.

"Oh man, Doc," I say to the alien, "you sure know how to party."

But our celebration is cut short by an energy blast that sends us all flying through the air. From the dust steps General Krang, very much still in our dimension, "You fools! You think something so simple can stop Krang!? You may have sent my army back, but I will still take your lives!"

I scramble over to the Doctor behind cover as my brothers do the same behind rubble around the site that was just a building, "Doctor, why is he still here!?"

"Oh man, Doc," I say to the alien, "you sure know how to party."

But our celebration is cut short by an energy blast that sends us all flying through the air. From the dust steps General Krang, very much still in our dimension, "You fools! You think something so simple can stop Krang!? You may have sent my army back, but I will still take your lives!"

I scramble over to the Doctor behind cover as my brothers do the same behind rubble around the site that was just a building, "Doctor, why is he still here!?"

"Teleportation device," the Doctor said with a nod towards Krang's hip. There was device the size of a cellular phone on Krang's belt. "For Krang and Krang alone. What do you know, you can teach an old dog new tricks. Cheers.."

"After you and that silly little girl of yours abandoned me on that asteroid, I learned to prepare."

"Ace was a lot of things and silly was not one of them. Speaking of silly, awful silly to be a general without an army. Surrender."

"I will never surrender,"
Krang said as he began to walk towards the group. "I never surrender, I never yield, and I never tire. I am Krang, conqueror of worlds."

Nemesis.png

Oh, this is just devine.

I mean it, I could write stories about this for the years to come.

My plan for revenge, the penetration of the impenetrable fortress that is the prison block, has been interrupted because somebody out there actually thought I - one of the world's premiere assassins of law enforcement - was some sort of damsel in distress in desperate need of a rescue effort. And the man that comes answering that imaginary call happens to be one of my top competitors on the black market. The very antithesis of everything I've built myself up to become, and he's standing right here infront of me, loosening my binds with a state-of-the-art pocket torch. I've heard stories about this man that would make any lesser want to wrap themselves up in a noose and kick the chair out from beneath themselves. And rather than, I don't know, steal some priceless painting or whatever it is this idiot does in his spare time, he's come all this way to help little old me.

When I get out of this, I'm going to use his intestines as a pillow. Then I'll drain the blood from his body, mass produce it as a medical serum, and sell it as a new miracle cure for some sexually transmitted disease. And when I'm done hacking away at the corpse and feeding his heart and brain to my pitbulls, I'll use his hallowed, pathetic little skull as a wine cooler and use it for special occassions. This spec of dirt on the face of my crusade has just cost me three and a half months of planning and over three million in materials. You don't just buy a dummy bomb at the thrift shop down the lane. You don't just purchase the plans for the $*#*@ing Smithsonian at Walmart.

But I know that if I act against him now, and foolishly tip my hand, it's only going to cost me more than I'd ever be willing to lose to this degenerative halfwit. The name of the Grendel crime empire is many things to me - none of them particularly pleasant - but he is a master assassin above all else. He's cornered the crime syndicates in Tokyo and fed them their own bleeding eyes. He knows the names of every Sicillian mafioso not in his employ - and rumor has it, they keep disappearing as a result.

No, I won't make the effort to attack Grendel. Not right now. I'll wait for him to allow me end his suffering, after I've put him through a fraction of the hell that he's put on me.

"Careful,", he adds, with a wave of his finger as he helps me to my feet. "You wouldn't want to add any extra incentive to an oncoming derlium. You've been captive in this convoy for at least the last seventeen minutes. The sudden stand would induce a mild headache."

Brushing myself off, I try to hide the look of disgust with an amused smirk.

That's right. Keep playing along.

The minute this imbecile's back is turned, I'll use his own blade to carve out his spine.

"I think I'll survive. I appreciate the assist, by the way."

"Oh, that."

He casually steps over the bodies of police that he's skillfully slaughtered. No complaints to be had there, I suppose there's a silver lining in everything.

"Think nothing of it. Now come with me. There's more on the way, and I do wish to avoid the authorities. I have a reputation."

A reputation. That's being modest.

"Of course. Lead the way."

We both leave the scene of the massacre behind as he guides me to a nearby set of perfectly preserved Ducati motorbikes, complete with helmets. Even the colors match, as I glance over the vehicles with some skepticism. Could it be that he's leading me into a trap of his own?

*FWWP-FWWP-FWWP-FWWP!*

Ah. The obligatory helicoptor infantry.

Guess I'm going to have to take a small leap of faith on this one.

"The bikes are activated by touchscreen interface. Custom design. You should really buy one."

I invented them, you idiot. The software design is a Morrigan top-seller.

Nevertheless, I grab the helmet and slip it atop my cowl, assuming my position on the white motorbike as he mounts the black. The engines immediately come roaring to life, and the uni-beam light in front illuminates a pathway back to the freeway. Grendel removes his tuxedo's jacket and tosses it freely into the air, revealing a leather ensemble underneath.

Theatrical. I would comment on the ludicrousness, but I have very little room to talk.

"Here's your chance! Send them a message!"

To my surprise, he turns around and tosses me a very welcome sight: An RPG launcher with laser sighting and guided heat-seekers loaded at the rear. I catch the heavy weapon and instinctively place it on my shoulder, aiming it up at the helicopter just as they place blinding spotlights over our position.

"ATTENTION! THIS IS THE POLICE! YOU ARE ATTEMPTING TO FLEE CUSTODY! PUT DOWN YOUR WEAPONS AND PLACE YOUR HANDS ON YOUR HEAD!"

A brief thought occurs.

There are more than a few rockets loaded into this thing.

If I just aimed at the nuiscence ahead of me, the blast would knock me back, but utterly annihilate him. And I'd still have enough to make mince-meat out of the onlookers. For a moment, I actually do aim it back at Grendel, just as he prepares to take off on the cycle. It would be so easy. So pathetically, cripplingly, agonizingly easy to just murder him in plain sight of witnesses, take credit for dethroning him, and gain his empire aswell.

But I have to know. I have to know why he did all of this. What possible lengths could compel a man to go to the incredible effort of rescuing a known and wanted murderer of lawmen from custody?

And more to the point, can that answer benefit me?

"Grendel..."

I take aim at the copter and close my right eye.

"Avert your eyes."

"Not a chance."

"Smart choice."

In a blaze of smoke and fire, the heavens themselves burn with the smoldering ashes of four well-trained police snipers. I laugh like a madman and toss the perfectly good launcher aside, leading my new "comrade" into the open trail that takes us to the interstate, where no doubt more obstacles await us.

I think, until he's outlived his usefulness, I could have fun with this.

I finish washing out the blood and brain matter in my hair in the small sink of my, well, I guess it's my cell. Al's still standing in the corner, tapping and hitting the handlink, mumbling annoyance at Ziggy.

"What's the word, Al?"

"The word is 'too much'. As in, there's too much data to sift through, and none of it makes any sense."

"Well, give me the basics. Who did I leap into?"

"The guy in the waiting room says his name is Captain Jack Harkness."

"Captain Jack. Right. That's what the Holmes lookalike called me."

"Well, Ziggy's been combing the historical records. At first, she got nothing. But then she had to dig deep. Crack a few higher than restricted files."

"Yeah?"

"Yeah. Problem is, the name goes back a hundred years."

"So the name gets passed on-"

"That's the thing. In every picture, the face is the same. It's the same guy." Al points to the mirror, and I see the man that I look like. "That guy."

I shake my head slowly in confusion. "Why does Ziggy say I'm here?"

"No clue." Al sees how exasperated I am. "I'm sorry Sam, but there's about ten times as much data on this guy then normal. And all of it burried under encryption levels even Ziggy is having trouble with. Not to mention the fact that you're on the wrong side of the present, and Ziggy is trying to predict the future instead of just analyzing the past."

"Right, right. So what does he, Captain Jack, say back at the Project?"

Al scratches the back of his head. Never a good sign. "He's not saying much of anything. Except pretty much completely figuring out what happened to him and how leaping works. He says he's a time traveler."

That stops my pacing. Or rather, it would have, if I hadn't already stopped because there are now two Holmes' standing outside my cell.

"Talking to yourself, Captain?"

"Um..."

"Um..."

Al and I are both completely stunned by what we're seeing. And I thought having my brains blown out would be the strangest thing to happen to me today.

"I knows it's all a bit much to take in. Go ahead. I'll let you figure it out."
The Master that was talking pulls out a pocket watch and looks at it.

I just stare. Al's got nothing either.

"Not as bright as I remember him being," the other Master says.

"Well, he's had a lot on his mind today. But you'll find that out."

"I'm sure." The second Master claps his hands together. "Time for me to be off. Plenty of things to do, preparations to make."

"And you don't want dally."

"Quite." The second Master gives me a wave, and walk off towards who knows where.

The other Master watches him leave, and turns back to me, smiling at the confusion on my face.

"Still haven't figured it out?"

I just shrug. "You've put one past me."

His smile grows, but clicks his tongue in disappointment. "You want me to explain it all to you, don't you. The old villain tells his plan part of the adventure. Well I'm not going to do that this time."

"...but I just have to brag about this! It's my one weakness."

The Master steps right up to the door of my cell. "I just can't let my work go unappreciated. Especially since I owe it all to you."

He holds up the device that was strapped to my arm.

"You're little vortex manipulator makes a lovely piece of time travel tech. Which I used..."

I stare at him.

"...to go back..."

The Master waves his hand, asking me to fill in the blanks.

"...in time...and..."

Something clicks. "To go back in time to get yourself."

He points at me. "Yes! To save myself a moment before I'm locked outside of space and time forever."

"So you went back, to save yourself...so you could go back, to save yourself."

"YES!"

"A self-fulfilling paradox."

"Isn't it great?!"

"My head hurts."

"I think I'm getting a handle on it," I say to Al.

"I would hope so. Being a Time Agent and all that."

Al stares at me in shock, and I briefly glance towards him.

The Master checks the device. "Well, I've taken up enough of your time. I bid you adieu for now, dear Captain."

"Wait. You're-" I can't believe I'm going to say this- "just going to let me live?"

"Since I can't kill you...although I could have you tortured for eternity."

"What if I just stay here."

"Suit yourself. You are a bountiful source of information on this planet. So I'll probably end up needing you anyway. Even if it's just for my sadistic amusement. Killing you endlessly has always been a fun distraction. Ta ta."

The Master strolls off, leaving me alone with my thoughts.

"Holy jeez. That guy fell off his rocker onto another before falling off that one too."

And Al.

"Al, focus. We need to find out why I'm here."

"Right, right. On it." He taps on his handlink and the imaging chamber door opens behind him.

"Before you do that, though, we need to find out where I am and figure out how I can get out."

"Right."

"But, before that, there's something I need to know first."

"What?"

"...why can't I die?"

"Teleportation device," the Doctor said with a nod towards Krang's hip. There was device the size of a cellular phone on Krang's belt. "For Krang and Krang alone. What do you know, you can teach an old dog new tricks. Cheers.."

"After you and that silly little girl of yours abandoned me on that asteroid, I learned to prepare."

"Ace was a lot of things and silly was not one of them. Speaking of silly, awful silly to be a general without an army. Surrender."

"I will never surrender,"
Krang said as he began to walk towards the group. "I never surrender, I never yield, and I never tire. I am Krang, conqueror of worlds."

I look over at my brothers. We're bruised and hurting, but we're never going to run from a fight. And if Krang's still here, someone needs to get rid of him, or he won't stop till he rules this planet. Nodding to them, we step out from behind cover, weapons in hand, ready to take on the alien despot yet again. Even Raph hobbles towards him, blood still running out of his shoulder wound.

"Fools," he snarls as he deploys two blades from his arms. "You think standing against me brave? You think you'll be able to stop me? You think it will make you heroes? Wrong. You'll just be the first ones to die in my conq-"

He's cut off by the clunk of a bow staff ricocheting off his chest. The rest of us charge the huge alien, ready to dodge his powerful attacks.

"I'm not one for villain monologues. How cliched," Donnie slides underneath a swipe from him and retrieves his bow as I hop over the same strike, landing on Krang's shoulders. I drive a pair of knives into his shoulder blades, and sparks fly from the punctures they make.

He swipes me off with the broad side of his blade, not cutting me, but sending me tumbling end over end into the asphalt below. I have to roll out of the way of the blades as they slam down towards me. They come down towards me again, but are met by Raph's sais, "I don't think so, brainiac!"

Reaching a safe distance, I look up as Raph is kicked in the chest by Krang, sending him flying backwards, skipping over the cement like a rock on a pond. Krang then spins and fires a shockwave towards Donnie and Mike, blowing them away.

We can't beat him. Not like this. He'll destroy us. He's too powerful. I flip back towards The Doctor and Abe, formulating a plan as I go, "Doctor, are you a fan of crazy plans? Because I got one."

We can't beat him. Not like this. He'll destroy us. He's too powerful. I flip back towards The Doctor and Abe, formulating a plan as I go, "Doctor, are you a fan of crazy plans? Because I got one."

"A crazy plan? In my experience, there is no plan better than a crazy one."

Krang charged towards Leonardo, the Doctor, and Lincoln. The Doctor pulled his screwdriver from his pocket and pointed it at Krang. Sparks shot from the despot's robotic armor and sent Krang to the ground.

"That buys us forty-five seconds, so speak quickly."

"A crazy plan? In my experience, there is no plan better than a crazy one."

Krang charged towards Leonardo, the Doctor, and Lincoln. The Doctor pulled his screwdriver from his pocket and pointed it at Krang. Sparks shot from the despot's robotic armor and sent Krang to the ground.

"That buys us forty-five seconds, so speak quickly."

"I'm going to smash his teleporter," I respond quickly. "He's too powerful for us. Eventually he'll overwhelm us and kill us. Without us...well who knows what he'll be able to do."

I look at The Doctor's face, and he doesn't look all that happy, "That crazy huh?"

I wait for a response, but I'm sure it won't be a good one.

I look at The Doctor's face, and he doesn't look all that happy, "That crazy huh?"

I wait for a response, but I'm sure it won't be a good one.

"No," the Doctor said with a shake of his head. "It's a small teleporter, but it's packed with unstable energy. Destroying it could level an entire city block. It'll most certainly kill Krang, you, and all of us. President Lincoln included. You kill him, you create a paradox. Time unravels, things get all wibbly wobbly. It could unmake the entire universe."

Suddenly, Krang began to stir.

"... But you're right. He won't stop. No matter what. If anyone should do it, it should be me. I can take it... I can survive it, if need be. Let me do it."

"No," the Doctor said with a shake of his head. "It's a small teleporter, but it's packed with unstable energy. Destroying it could level an entire city block. It'll most certainly kill Krang, you, and all of us. President Lincoln included. You kill him, you create a paradox. Time unravels, things get all wibbly wobbly. It could unmake the entire universe."

Suddenly, Krang began to stir.

"... But you're right. He won't stop. No matter what. If anyone should do it, it should be me. I can take it... I can survive it, if need be. Let me do it."

The Doctor talks from the heart. The man...the alien is a good person. He's a hero. And even though we've only spent this brief time together, I'd call him a friend. Especially for what he's going to do for the Earth. I feel like this isn't the first time he's done this. And it might not be the last. "Thanks, Doc-"

But in a blink of an eye, Krang's arm lashes out and sends the Doctor through the air, and the other pulls me to his face. Not his robotic face, his real face, "You. You have defied me for the last time. I must give you credit. You have survived longer than others that have faced Krang. Maybe I will display your corpse in honor when I take over this universe."

I meet his steely gaze, and give him a little smirk, "You wanna rule a universe, Krang? Why don't we find one to rule together!?"

I pull another knife from by belt and raise it to drive it into the teleportation device. As my arm moves down towards the device, I hear the pleads and curses from The Doctor and Krang respectively.

But as the blade connects, a blinding white flash engulfs Krang and I, and then everything goes dark.

But in a blink of an eye, Krang's arm lashes out and sends the Doctor through the air, and the other pulls me to his face. Not his robotic face, his real face, "You. You have defied me for the last time. I must give you credit. You have survived longer than others that have faced Krang. Maybe I will display your corpse in honor when I take over this universe."

I meet his steely gaze, and give him a little smirk, "You wanna rule a universe, Krang? Why don't we find one to rule together!?"

I pull another knife from by belt and raise it to drive it into the teleportation device. As my arm moves down towards the device, I hear the pleads and curses from The Doctor and Krang respectively.

But as the blade connects, a blinding white flash engulfs Krang and I, and then everything goes dark.

The brightness from his eyes faded, the Doctor sat up and looked around.

"No," he whispered under his breath. In the spot where Krang and Leonardo had been, nothing was left but a smoking hole in the ground.

"What... just happened?" Donatello asked as he limped over and helped the Doctor up. Michelangelo and Lincoln joined them. Lincoln's suit was tattered and raggedy.

"They're gone," the Doctor said, activating his sonic and scanning the crater. "Gone... but not dead."

"Gone where?"

"I have no idea. Krang's teleporter could have taken them anywhere. Any when, if it was a vortex manipulator."

"Where's the other turtle?" Lincoln asked. "The one with the red handkerchief?"

"Raph too?"

"He was close to the explosion. Close enough to be caught up in it."

"So that's just it?" Donatello scoffed. "Nothing you can do? Nothing at all?"

"There are infinite places and times they could be right now. And that's just in this universe. Let's not forget about that. Quantum energy is tricky, it's everywhere and nowhere. If I could track it, I wouldn't be able to get it down to a thousand possible locations and times."

"Alright, that's gonna about do it for you boys," a voice said from behind them. They all turned to look at the voice's owner.

"Oh, no," the Doctor said with a sigh.

Two suited men were standing behind them, an older white man and a younger black man.

x4gbys.jpg

"This zone is now a level six restricted area," the older man said. "Come with us please."

G.I._Joe_-_A_Real_American_Hero_%28logo%29.jpg

Hawk leads Flint and the others down a long hallway. They spot a someone wearing Monk's robes with their head bowed walking alongside Hawk.

Gung-Ho asks, "General Hawk who's the Friar Tuck wanna-be?"

Hawk replies very curtly, "No one you all need to worry about."

Hawk stops at the front of a brick wall and says, "With the exception of myself, one other former Joe, and a certain group no one has ever seen this facility, or this prison for that matter."

Hawk presses two bricks simultaneously that begin glowing. A scanning beam scans his retina and a computer voice says, "Access granted. Welcome Back General Abernathy."

Everyone looks at one another for a moment as the wall opens up and a stair-case is revealed.

Hawk says, "Computer open access for the 11."

The computer replies, "Access granted."

Hawk says, "Follow me."

They follow Hawk down the stairs and the computer says each member's name. The robed Monk follows in last and the computer says, "Welcome Brother Orchid."

Ace asks Cover Girl, "Is this where we find out Hawk is really Batman?"

Flint says in a hushed tone, "Pipe down everyone. I'm sure we'll get some answers soon enough."

They reach the bottom of the stairs and Hawk stops he says, "Welcome back to the beginning of it all."

Hawk throws a sizable switch and the area is lit up. What they see next are GI Joe weapons and vehicles from the early days of GI Joe.

Skystrikers, Dragonflys, Rams, Vamps, Awe Strikers, Recon Sleds, and Maulers. Off to the side is a water outlet with Devil Fish, SHARCs, and WHALEs.

Everyone is just stunned and Hawk says, "There'll be time to get to know this equipment better later on right now time is of the essence. Move it."

They follow Hawk still looking at equipment that had seen it's better day come and go.

Doc asks, "Flint is this really happening or are we all finally snapping?"

Flint replies, "To be honest Doc I've got no idea."

Hawk pulls open a sliding door and activates some more lights. When the lights come on they see a Master computer center.

Mainframe says, "This thing was shelved over 20 years ago. I was teaching basic training on it."

Hawk stops and says, "I know you all have a lot of questions. Hopefully what I'm about to tell you all will answer those questions."

Hawk takes a deep breath and says, "About 5 years ago there were those in Washington that felt GI Joe had outlived it's purpose, and even with COBRA still a viable threat they questioned our purpose. Figuring it might be better to turn the war with COBRA over to private corporations."

Hawk presses a button and a picture of a middle-aged woman in a Pants-Suit fills the screen and he says, "This is Senator Felton. She was a powerful member of the committee and her vote could've made or broke GI Joe. She agreed to vote against our budget getting cut, and arranging us to be called upon for Global Missions other than chasing COBRA over and over again."

Hawk presses some a couple of buttons and footage of various missions begins playing behind him and he says, "We pulled off one successful after another. We performed brillantly and flawlessly."

Everyone nods and starts to smile seeing the footage and hearing Hawk's words.

Hawk says, "If I had known then what I know now. I would've let them cut the budget. Senator Felton one day revealed her true prupose. She represented a Psuedo-Government entity called The Trust, and they were testing GI Joe to see how well we performed on various levels, and The Trust not only made sure we would get our funding set up for the next decade but they could guarantee the elimination of COBRA within that time. She wanted me to represent GI Joe to The Trust. It went against every fiber of my being and my core beliefs, but with our funding becoming more and more an issue with each year and the possiblity of COBRA being taken out I agreed."

Hawk presses a button and the screen goes blue and he says with a shaking voice, "I basicaly made a deal with the Devil. I sold two souls my own and GI Joe's."

He composes himself and asks, "You all have heard of The Illuminati?"

Flint replies, "Just myth and legend. They're a secret organization where they establish a new world order by controlling Governements and corporations by orchestrating world events."

Hawk says, "The Illuminati is real. That is who The Trust really is and I joined them."

Everyone is stunned and silent as Torpedo says, "Why do I have the feeling I'm about to get sick?"

Jinx replies, "I'd be worried if you didn't get sick, because you would be the only one."

Hawk says, "It was my plan to let The Illuminati take care of COBRA, and with me on the inside I could expose them and take them down."

Hawk takes a deep breath and says, "I failed. I thought I could do it alone."

Flint asks, "So what does this have to do with us?" He adds a tone of hostility to his voice as he says, "Sir?"

Hawk replies, "I'm getting there Flint. When I realized that my plan wasn't going to work and I was in too far over my head I had to develop a plan to ensure that freedom would one day have a fighting chance."

Hawk presses a button that shows the Southern Ocean and Hawk says, "We are here in the middle of the Southern Ocean in between Africa and Australlia. On all maps and scanners this island and about 7 other uncharted ones do not exist and only a handful of people know about this place. Myself, the Monks on the outlying islands who practice vows of silence, and..."

Flint interrupts, "Snake Eyes."

Hawk nods and says, "I told him I was being asked to develop a contingency plan in case COBRA ever got the upper hand and it looked as though GI Joe would fall and we could have a back-up base. So he taught me about the Monks in this area and that they were very adept at building and engineering. Over the years Snake Eyes had fostered a friendship with them and convinced them that our mission was right and just."

Hawk shows on the main viewer reports and manifests and says, "Over the next couple of years I began convertly moving the equipment you saw in the deck area from the archives very quietly. Technically they were all of the books and no one would miss them."

Flint asks, "Again" with more anger in his voice, "Sir. What does this have to do with us?"

Hawk takes a deep breath and replies, "This is where your questions get answered. I arranged the Qatar City Mission from start to finish."

Flint begins to realize what Hawk has just said and is now seething.

He says, "You set us up from the start. There was no real mission at all. We were supposed to be arrested and sent away."

The room is silent and the tension and anger is palpable.

Hawk says, "That's Right. I selected each one of you because of your skill and familarity with the equipment I was stashing away. Face it could you imagine Slip-Stream trying to fly a Skystriker after being in a conquest after all these years? I had to protect you all from what was coming."

Dial-Tone asks, "What was coming General?"

Hawk pushes some more buttons and it shows video footage of GI Joes fighting a massive invasion force.

Hawk turns back to see the looks of horror and anguish on their faces as they see many of their comrades slaughtered.

He says, "If I didn't do what I did you all would've been slaughtered as well, or taken captive. Trust me when I say this dying was a better option."

Hawk punches up a picture of seven people sitting on thrones and says, "Those are the seven rulers one per each Continent and they rule with an iron fist."

MainFrame asks, "Who would want Antartica?"

Hawk replies, "That's where re-education takes place."

Hawk zooms in on the one in North America and says, "See anyone familiar?"

Roadblock says, "Senator Felton. She's the Queen Bee of North America?"

Hawk says, "Look over right shoulder."

Everyone looks and Flint says, "Oh Lord have mercy. It's Duke."

Hawk nods and says, "He is now head of the Security Forces. He makes Mind-Bender look like a Sunday School Teacher. Those Joes who were deemed of value were captured and re-educated. A nice euphemisim for brain washing. GI Joe to them never happened. None of you are Luke Skywalker and they aren't Darth Vader you cannot turn them back into what they once were. Those who were deemed to have no value were killed in the attack you see behind me."

Suddenly a voice from a darkened corner says, "Not everyone was."

They all turn and emerging from the dark is Scarlet, Quick-Kick, and Lifeline

Scarlett is now sporting a blonde pixie-cut, with a scar over her right cheek and an eye patch over her left eye.

Hawk asks, "How did you all get in here?"

Quick-Kick replies, "The front door opened, we saw you all come in here, and we slipped in before but it closed up."

Hawk asks, "How much did you hear?"

Scarlett says, "We heard all of it. For the last two years wondering how this all happened, and now we know, and knowing is half the battle isn't it General. Well the other half is this."

Scarlett pulls out a gun and Flint steps in front and says, "Hold it Scarlett!"

Scarlett snaps, "Out of the way Flint! I don't wanna kill you, but I will if I have to. He sold his soul to the Devil I'm gonna arrange the collection!"

Flint says, "Scarlett there are still some questions that we have that he has the answers to."

Scarlett lowers the gun and Flint says, "Thank you."

He turns his attention back to Hawk and asks, "How long have we been in here?"

Hawk answers, "Two and a half years. You all are considered dead."

Flint asks, "What do you mean?"

Hawk punches up a video report stating that the 11 Joes convicted of the Qutar City assassination were killed in a plane crash enroute to Fort Levenworth.

Flint steadies himself and looks at those gathered with him and asks, "All-right so now what do we do? Our lives are completely destroyed and the world we lived in is now a shadow of what it once was. Where do we go now?"

Hawk replies, "There are pockets of revolutions and resistence fighters beginning to spring up. They need a group to show the way, and that is where you all come in. This base cannot be detected in anyway shape or form and your equipment doesn't exist anymore either."

Flint says mournfully, "And neither do we."

Clutch asks, "What happened to COBRA?"

Hawk replies, "COBRA lasted less than 1 hour against them. It was over within moments."

Flint asks, "Nukes?"

Hawk replies, "Nukes would've been far more humane. What happened to them wasn't just a show of force it was basically genocide."

Hawk turns to Scarlett and says, "I know all those Joes who were re-educated. How did you all escape capture?"

Scarlett throws a broken and bloody visor on the ground and says, "During a fire-fight Snake Eyes had Quick-Kick, Lifeline and myself follow him through a series of tunnels under Manhattan with other forces in pursuit. Snake Eyes tapped out in old morse code on my watch these co-ordinates. He made sure I repeated them back three times so I knew them by heart. He pulled his mask up part way and kissed me one last time. He took off to draw the Illuminati forces away from us. There was a massive explosion in the tunnels. I ran back in and this visor was all we found."

Scarlett's voice starts to shake as she says, "Snake Eyes bought us escape time with his life."

(End of Part 1)

Last edited:

(Part 2)

She pulls herself together and says, "GI Joe lasted about two weeks before it was all over."

Hawk turns to Flint and says, "I've been on the run for the last 3 months trying to get back here to set you all free from your cells. Hence the appearance, but I know sooner or later they will catch up with me. When they do they will find a way to make me talk whether I know it or not. You know Flint what has to be done."

Hawk pulls out a gun and chambers a round. He gives the gun to Flint.

Flint takes the gun and raises it to Hawk's head and says, "It has to be done. It has to be done. It..." He lowers the gun and says, "I can't."

Hawk says, "I had a feeling that this might happen. I was hoping it wouldn't come to this, but I guess you need an extra push. I'm sorry it's come to this Flint."

Hawk pulls up another video. The image of Lady Jaye sitting in as shown through an apartment window fills the screen.

Flint feels his heart start to sink as he says, "Allison. No please no. No!"

Just then there is the sound of a rifle being fired and instantly Lady Jaye's head disappears as her body falls over.

The video zooms out showing Hawk holding the smoking rifle.

Flint staggers back shaking and breathing rapidly saying, "Oh no, no, no, not her! Not her! Anyone else! NO! ALLISON! NO!"

Cover Girl grabs Flint just before he collpases to the floor wailing in her arms.

Hawk says, "She went into hiding shortly after your tribunal. She was to be re-educated. I did what I had to do save her, and your unborn child. Your daughter would've never known who you were if she was alive."

Ace says, "What? Lady Jaye was pregnant."

Flint nods and tries to recompose himelf as he says, "The Qatar assignment was going to be my last when I got back we would both leave GI Joe."

The room is looking at Flint in a state of pain and agony that few will ever know in this lifetime.

Roadblock says with great fury in his voice to Hawk, "He may not be able to do it, but I sure as hell can!"

Roadblock goes for the gun in Flint's hand when suddenly Hawk screams out, "AHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!"

They all turn to Hawk and see a sword sticking out of his chest. Brother Orchid is holding the hilt of the sword.

Everyone turns to Brother Orchid and Flint stands up as Hawk's body becomes a lifeless mass.

He takes a step towards Brother Orchid and asks, "Why did you do that? What did he do to you that you took it upon yourself to do this and not let one of us?"

Brother Orchid pulls the sword out of Hawk and wipes the blood on his robe and sheaths it under his robe. He then unties his robe and shrugs his shoulders twice. The robe falls to the ground revealing a man wearing a torn and tattered Commando outfit.

The man turns to face the group and everyone now knows who Brother Orchid is.

Flint says with almost a smile in his voice, "Snake Eyes."

The feelings of shock and awe in the room are visible.

Scarlett is trying to keep her emotions in check, but her voice betrays her as she walks over and hands him his visor and says, "You left this in New York."

Snake Eyes takes the visor from Scarlett and drops it to the ground as he embraces her.

Flint says, "Before we get this unit going there's one thing we have to do."

Everyone turns to Flint as he says, "We have to bury General Hawk."

Gung-Ho says, "I say we throw him out and let the jungle critters have him."

Flint shakes his head and says, "No. We are in a twisted form of Wonderland because of what he did, but in those actions he brought us together to re-engage in the fight for freedom and hope for those who can't fight for themselves."

Everyone nods and Snake Eyes walks over to a cardboard box. He pulls out the GI Joe flag from the first base and lays it over Hawk.

Doc and Lifeline grab a medical backboard and some straps. They roll Hawk's body onto the backboard and strap him down.

Snake Eyes stand at the lead corner of the backboard while Flint stands at the other as 4 other join in.

The remaining Joes line up in front of one another forming two columns.

Scarlett yells, "Orders HUT!"

The columns snap to attention as Scarlett then yells, "Present Arms!"

The Columns salute as the pall-bearers pick-up Hawk's Body and begin moving forward. Once they pass the columns they begin trailing the pall-bearers as Lifeline trails the funeral procession singing "Amazing Grace."

Snake Eyes leads them to a row-boat and Hawk's body is laid to rest in the boat. Snake Eyes shoves the body out to sea as Scarlett pulls out a bolt and her crossbow

Flint says, "Rest In Peace General Clayton Abernathy. May we remember the sacrifice you made so that freedom and hope can now have a fighting chance. Farewell and God Bless. Amen"

Flint nods to Scarlett who strikes the bolt on a nearby rock. The bolt is now on fire as she lets it fly through the air.

The bolt lands in the middle of the boat and almost instantly sets it a blaze.

As the fire burns Roadblock says in prayerful tone, "Yo Joe!"

The others respond in kind, "Yo Joe."

Last edited:
banner.png

The smell of melting plastic fills my nose as sparks from a busted electrical line rain down on my face, singing me lightly an stirring me from unconsciousness. I roll onto my side, and open my eyes. Raph is lying beside me, seemingly fully healed from his injuries sustained from Krang.

Krang. I shuffle around looking for the warlord, but he's no where to be found. Which means he most likely ended up somewhere else. If he had woken before us, he would have either killed us right away or been waiting to finish us off.

Confident I'm not about to be killed, I take the time to gather my surroundings. Seems to be a hallway of some sort. No windows, and red emergency lighting is active. Holes are burned through on some of the walls and the ceiling. I see the broken electrical component above me, and the hallway stretches pretty far in both ways from what I can see.

Raph begins to wake next to me, "Ugh, man. That was an experience. Where the hell are we, Leo?"

"No clue," I respond, standing and finding myself basically unaffected from the teleportation. "The Doctor said trying to destroy Krang's teleporter could send us anytime anywhere."

"Oh, what a brilliant plan," Raph grumbles. "But we had to do something. Krang would have won."

Raph and I begin traversing the hallway with our weapons drawn, ready for whatever may come. Something's obviously gone wrong here, and we're not going to take any chances.

We continue to follow the path, not finding anyone, or anything, making twists and turns as we go. It's almost like we're in a labyrinth, and not a building with any uses.

And then an automated message blasts out from hidden speakers, "ATTENTION! THREAT LEVEL HIGH! UNKNOWN ASSAILANT ATTACKING VESSEL! LOCKDOWN PROCEDURES INITIATED!"

"Well, ain't that a cheery welcome," my brother chuckles. But this isn't talking about us. That's fore sure. Something dangerous has hit this place.

After a few more twists and turns, a frightened, disheveled bloody man in a red shirt with some sort of emblem on his breast runs directly into us, screaming, "AH! no, not one of them. No. Something different."

"Whoa, whoa, slow down," I try to calm him. "What's wrong? What happened here?"

"Kill me," he responds, pleading. "Kill me. Kill me now. Please. Before...before..."

"Why would I kill you? What's going on?"

As I try to gather what's going on, he drops to the floor convulsing.

And then his chest explodes.

The Joes re-assemble in the ready room where General Hawk was killed.

Flint looks around at the gathered Joes as Dial-tone says, "So where do we go from here Flint?"

Flint looks down for a moment and gathers his thoughts.

He looks up and says, "We do what we were assembled to do. We fight for freedom for those who don't have it."

Flint says, "Though we do not have anymore formalized ranks anymore we will have a Chain of Command structure and that Chain of Command will be respected."

Gung-Ho says, "I can't speak for everyone, but I think it's safe to say that we should appoint flint as our new leader. Anyone object?"

Everyone looks around at each other for a moment and then back to Flint and Roadblock says, "I think that pretty much seals it."

Flint nods and says, "All-right then I accept."

Everyone applauds and says, "YO JOE!"

Flint motions for everyone to settle down and says, "Thank you. My first act is to appoint an X-O for our outfit and a Sergent-Major."

He walks over to Scarlett and says, "You've dealt with the Illuminati in battle and seen what the world has become while we've been locked away. That experience and what you've meant to GI Joe is too valuable to ignore. Scarlett I need you to be my X-O."

Scarlett nods and says, "I accept your offer Flint. Ready to serve again."

Flint nods and says, "Good welcome to the unit."

Flint approaches Snake-Eyes and says, "I know what kind of man you are. You're the most dangerous man I've ever known, and also the most mysterious as well. All that being said if you're in this unit you're in it all the way."

Snake-Eyes looks at Flint for a moment and Flint continues, "I'm not calling you lazy or unreliable, but face it Snake-Eyes Duke & Hawk let you get a way with a lot of disappearing for days when we least expected it. I know that a lot of it had to do with your situation with Storm Shadow, but he's gone now. I need to know that we will be able to find you when we need you and you won't be lurking in the shadows or disappearing for days. To be with us all the way means we understand one another and work together in the frame-work of a team. If you can't deal with that I'm sure you can find your way out of here and thank you for your service."

Snake-Eyes looks at Flint, and places a hand on his shoulder and gives it a slight squeeze. Snake-Eyes then looks Flint in the eyes and gives one nod.

Flint says, "Good welcome to the team."

He looks at Quick-Kick, and Lifeline and says, "Welcome to you all as well. We can use all the help we can get."

Flint approaches RoadBlock and says, "I can't think of a better man suited to be the Sergent Major of our outfit than you."

RoadBlock replies, "It'll be an honor Flint."

Flint says, "That goes both ways my friend."

Flint walks over to a door and opens it. He cuts on the lights and says, "My guess this is the C-O's office."

Flint closes the door and picks up a battering ram and knocks the door off of the hinges.

Flint drops the battering ram and says, "There will be NO secrets within this unit. You gotta problem you know where my office is. Secrets were kept two and half years ago and that helped lead to GI Joe's demise. Not gonna happen again."

Flint looks at the Joes who were in prison with him and says, "Next we've got to find some other clothing other than the same gray jumpsuits we've been stuck in for the last two and a half years."

Snake Eyes walks over to the large cardboard box he pulled the flag out of and shoves it to Flint.

Flint opens the box and smiles.

He pulls out the beret he wore for so many years. Flint then pulls out his old uniform and says, "All-right Joes go back to your cells and let's get dressed. Meet back here once you're done."

Within 10 minutes the Joes meet back in the ready room and Flint says to Mainframe, "Punch up the layout of this place and put on the main viewer."

Mainframe does so and Flint says, "Okay we know where things are now. Time to get down to logistical matters."

he says to Doc and Lifeline, "If you two will go ahead and clean up Hawk's blood, and after that get to medical and do an inventory."

They nod and begin cleaning up the blood and Flint says to Mainframe, "Get into the sercurity programs get Lifeline, Scarlett, Quick-Kick and Snake-Eyes into the system so they can be recognized by the security system, and then start going over the computer systems. Time to see what we're dealling with."

Mainframe says, "On it Flint."

Flint says, "Most of us rest of are on inventory duty for the vehicles. See what we got, what we need, what works, and if any of it will start. Go over things of that nature."

He says, "Clutch, Cover-Girl, and RoadBlock you got the ground vehicles."

He turns and says, "Torpedo, Gung-Ho, Scarlett take care of the aquatic vehicles."

Flint turns to Ace and says, "You and I will take care of the aircraft."

Flint says to Dial-Tone, "Check out the communications grid."

Finally he says to Quick-Kick, Jinx and Snake-Eyes, "You three are in charge of planning out our hand to hand training sessions. We've been out of the fight for a while and we need our skills brought back up to par. Go to the rec area and see what you can do."

They nod and Flint hands Snake-Eyes one of his spare masks and says, "I found this in a box in the command office. My guess Hawk was saving this for you, because like always happened you would find a way to make it through. I think Doc is right you are immortal."

As much as he can Snake-Eyes smiles at Flint smiles back as Snake-Eyes puts the mask on.

Flint then addresses the groups and says, "Okay you got your assignments let's get to it."

The Joes disperse to begin their tasks.

Flint and the Joes re-assemble in the Command Center as Mainframe continues going over the computer network.

Flint asks Clutch, "What do you got?"

Clutch replies, "Well all things considered the vehicles appear to be in good shape. They started up, we got some fuel here, all systems check out, and everything appears to be in working order. We could use any of it now if we had to."

Flint nods and says, "Good to hear. Torpedo?"

Torpedo replies, "We took the stuff out on the water put it through the paces. Everything worked fine, gotta nice retro feel to it all, and none of it sank."

Everyone chuckles at Torpedo's final assesment and Flint says, "Well that's always a plus. Ace and I went over the aircraft much like you all it was dated but usable. Best of all with no real known numbers on it and a lot of this stuff not having a lot of digital equipment it's hard for the enemy to track us. Their equipment is state of the art that is our advantage."

Flint looks over the group and says, "Although Clutch did bring up a point. We have some fuel here. We have some of everything but not a whole lot sooner or later supplies will become an issue, and I'm not about to commit piracy or hijackings."

Mainframe says, "This is interesting."

Flint approaches and asks, "What do you got Mainframe?"

Mainframe replies, "Well I found some hidden files in the system from Hawk. He used old GI Joe tactics of file concealment and cover that I used to use."

Flint says, "He wanted you to do some work for it, but he knew that you would find them eventually."

Mainframe says, "Looks that way. Anyway Flint here are some of the files."

Mainframe enters some commands and the screen begins to scroll with vairous file names, but one catches Flint's attention.

He says, "Wait a minute. The treasure file open that one."

Mainframe clicks on it and says, "If this is Internet Porn I'm gonna lose a lot of respect for Hawk."

Flint chuckles and says, "Our luck it'll be an e-mail from a Nigerian Prince about moving money out of his country."

Just then a map of the island appears and there are several locations on the Island with red "X's" over them.

Flint says, "Well this confirms my gut feeling."

Scarlett asks, "And what is that?"

Flint replies, "Hawk knew what he was doing when he picked this location. It wasn't just because it was isolated. There's more here to this island than what we are seeing right now, and we're about to find out what else there is."

He looks at Dial-Tone and says, "Are communication head-sets ready to go?"

Dial-tone replies, "Yeah audio and video cameras are on-line."

Flint says, "Mainframe print out 7 maps."

Mainframe begins printing out the maps as Flint continues, "All-right everyone pair up with someone grab a map, a headset, some water, and an Awe-Striker. Pick out a site and get going. Find anything call it in everyone is on the same channel no unecessary chatter. I'll be here to take off in a Dragonfly in case anyone runs into a problem."

He looks at Dial-Tone and says, "You're staying here to run the communications hub and keep track of everyone."

Dial-Tone replies, "Got it Flint."

Flint looks at the group and asks, "Any questions?" The room is silent and Flint says, "All-right then good hunting."

The Joes pair up and take off. A couple of hours later Roadblock checks in and says, "Flint! I got something for ya!"

Flint replies, "Go ahead Roadblock!"

Roadblock says, "We got weapons! You name 'em we got 'em! Guns, knives, grenades, anything you can think of! They were hidden behind some stone ruins. Took some doing to get to them, but that's what we got."

Flint asks, "Can you estimate possibly?"

Roadblock says, "Not really. Just know that our unit is set for at least the next decade."

Flint says, "Well maybe our luck is turning around here. All-right Roadblock mark it and come on back."

Roadblack replies, "Copy that."

Before anyone else can say anything Clutch says, "Hey check this out!"

Flint says, "Go ahead Clutch."

Clutch zooms in on one of the crates and Flint's mouth drops open when he realizes what he is seeing.

He says, "That's a COBRA insigna. This must be one of the supply caches that our intel was always talking about but could never find."

Within minutes the other units check in with reports of ammo, food, fuel, supplies for the computers and vehicles, and medical supplies.

Flint says, "Okay that's about it for everyone accept Gung-Ho and Scarlett."

Gung-Ho finally checks in and says, "Flint! You're not gonna believe this you won't believe it!"

Flint asks, "Gung-Ho is anything wrong?"

Gung-Ho replies, "Take a look!"

Flint looks at the video and sees plane wreckage, but then sees a certain object that catches his attention.

He says, "That's Major Bludd's artifical right arm."

In the back Flint hears Scarlett through Gung-Ho's microphone yell, "WHAT THE....."

Flint says, "That's it! All Joes key in on Gung-Ho's signal and get there double-time I'm in the air in two minutes!"

Flint says to Dial-Tone, "Keep an eye on everyone and make sure that they get there!"

Flint sprints to a Dragonfly starts it up and takes off.

Within 5 minutes he lands near Gung-Ho's location and sprints to a cave opening that Ace is standing out in front of.

Flint asks, "What's in there?"

Ace replies, "Not a what. Who. You gotta see it to believe it Flint."

Flint heads into the cave and sees the Joes gathered around a make-shift bed. In this bed is a man in very poor health. Nothing but skin and bones.

The man turns to face Flint and says in a very ragged and worn out voice with an Austrialian accent, "Hello Flint."

Flint may not readily recognize the face but the voice he has heard dozens of times in combat, and he is shocked by what he sees now.

He says, "Zartan."

banner.png

"WHAT THE F-"

"HOLY SH-"

"KILL IT!"

Acting quickly, I toss a ninja star from my belt at the creature that's just sprung form the man's chest, killing him instantly. It's mean looking. Meaner than anything I've ever seen before. It scurries away quickly, but my star reaches it and easily slices through it, causing it's green blood to squirt over the wall it was running towards.

The liquid splashes against the wall, melting it almost immediately. Noxious smoke begins to fill the hallway, and Raph and I run to escape it.

"Well *cough* now we know where the holes *cough* came from," I say. "Acidic blood. Very acidic blood. And it seems there was a lot of them considering the amount of burns and holes."

"I think I'd rather have some Foot Ninjas right now," Raph hacks.

We regain our breath and ready ourselves to move, but before we do, a voice calls out from behind us, "Don't move. Stay where you are, but turn around."

As we do, we come face to face with others wearing the same emblem on their chest. They look at us with a bit of relief. Their apparent leader speaks again, "You're not one of them?"

"Gee, what gave ya that idea?" Raph asks annoyed.

I pat my brother on the shoulder, trying to calm him down. New situations like this aren't his strength. "Sorry for my brother, he doesn't like....well most people to be honest."

Raph growls next to me at that.

"Who are you? How did you get here?"

"I'm Leonardo. This is my brother Raphael, and to be honest...we have no idea how we got here."

The group confers before the leader says, "Come, you're going to the Captain."

Raph and I sheath out weapons and we follow them. After a short, but stressful walk, we reach a strong door that requires a pass key to enter, the whole time the automated warning system continues to blare throughout the ship.

The door slides open, and we're pushed in. As we are, I'm greeted by what seems to be the stonghold of the crew of this ship. They all bare arms and look ready for war.

After a few looks, someone calls out, "Who are they?"

"They call themselves Leonardo and Raphael. They don't know when or how they came upon board. But they're not some of the creatures."

"No, they're not," the man says. His voice is powerful, but somewhat reassuring. Like nothing I've ever heard before. The voice gets closer, and a man parts the crowd. He seems to command the room with his very presence, yet he's not intimidating. "Welcome aboard the USS Enterprise, Raphael and Leonardo. I am Captain Jean-Luc Picard. And I need your help."

picard-fc1.jpg

Flint steps forward as Zartan tries to muster a smirk but instead begins coughing up huge amounts of blood.

Once he stops coughing he says, "Well the afterlife seems to be treating you all very well. Come to finally take me in for war-crimes? GI Joe fakes your deaths COBRA relaxes and then you all wipe them out and now you all come here to clean up what's left? Is that about right?"

Flint replies, "Not exactly. How long have you been here?"

Zartan says, "We crashed here about 3 months after your untimely demise."

Gung-Ho says, "Holy crawfish he don't know what happened!"

Flint says, "He's been an enemy combatant but even he has a right to know what happened to the world he left behind."

Flint then proceeds to tell Zartan about The Trust and what happened to them.

Once he is finished Zartan asks, "So what happened to Hawk?"

Flint glances over to Snake Eyes and back to Zartan and says, "He was dealt with. Now my question is how did you get here?"

Zartan coughs again and spits up more blood and says, "Well this explains why he was here more than once".

Doc goes over to Zartan and looks him over.

He says to Flint, "It's cancer. He has less than 2 weeks. 3 if he's lucky"

Doc looks over at a make-shift generator that Zartan has fixed up and says, "My guess that his generator has been leaking out radiation for sometime and Zartan is unable to fix it and too banged up from the crash to get away from it."

Zartan says to Doc, "That generator emits a high-pitch frequency that keeps the cave creatures and jungle animals away from me. I've been surviving on the rain and morning dew through that hole in the ceiling, and vitamin supplements and other food from the plane."

Looking at Flint he says with a smirk, "Who'd believe it after all these years it's cancer that did me in, and not one of you. Feel deprived of your victory Flint?"

Flint replies, "Not really. How did you get here?"

Zartan says, "The dear Major and I saw the same thing was coming up with COBRA. We knew that Serpentor and Cobra Commander were on a collision course for Civil War. So we decided to hedge our bets and began channeling some of our supplies and weapon shipments here. Figured let the two sides beat each other up in a war of attrition and we would come in take over."

Roadblock says, "So much for honor among the snakes."

Zartan looks at Roadblock briefly and continues, "We came here more than once and found Hawk snooping around. We didn't dare kill him, because his death would raise several questions. Ones we wouldn't be able to blow off, and Hawk figured a civil war within COBRA was just fine with him. Things finally came to a breaking point about 3 months after your supposed demise and Major Bludd and I decided it was time to begin making our plans post-civil war. We left in an unmarked jet to this location but the plane began to experience mechanical issues and we crashed. The Major was killed instantly I survived as it were and I figured I'd wait here and see if Hawk would come looking for me."

Zartan coughs up more blood and winces in pain. Once he settles down he looks at Flint and asks, "I can only guess that since she isn't here Lady Jaye was caught and re-educated. Do you have the stomach to do her in Flint?"

Flint replies, "That doesn't concern you Zartan."

Zartan says, "Judging from your reaction she's already dead isn't she?"

Cover Girl steps in and says, "He said it doesn't concern you Zartan"

Flint motions for Cover Girl to step back and nods to her. He says to Zartan, "Hawk did it to keep her from being caught."

Zartan takes a deep breath and says, "Believe it or not Flint for as many times as we fought and tried to kill each other, I'm sorry for your loss. She was a worthy adversary and she always fought with honor."

Flint nods and Zartan asks, "I don't suppose any of you know what happened to COBRA?"

Scarlett says, "I do."

Flint motions for her to come forward and she says, "It was about 6 months after you left COBRA. The COBRA civil war was in full swing all-right both sides battling to a stand still. Until the Trust invaded and both sides were so weakened from fighting one another that they were slaughtered easily, and those that weren't killed in the invasion were wiped out when a bio-weapon was exploded over COBRA Island. The spore weapon ate away people's flesh right down to the bone. Two weeks later several rock-crushers, steam rollers, road pavers, and bulldozers were brought in and crushed the bones that were left into powder. After that several strategic bombs were placed at key points of the island and the island was sunk."

Zartan shakes his head and says, "Hard to believe that the great Serpentor met his end that way."

Scarlett says, "Actually the COBRA command structure was spared briefly and executed in a variety of other ways to ensure the defeat of COBRA. It was carried out on live-TV and on-line"

Zartan says, "Please tell me what happened to them."

Scarlett says, "Serpentor met his demise in front of a firing squad. Cobra Commander lethal injection. Destro got the chair. Baroness the gas chamber. Mindbender a short rope long drop. Tomax & Xamot are entombed in cement at what has become The Trust HQ in DC. Right in the cornerstone."

She turns to Snake Eyes and says, "This isn't going to be easy for you, but you need to know."

Scarlett puts her hands on his shoulders and says, "Storm Shadow was found a week later hiding in the Outback. They beheaded him."

Scarlett embraces Snake Eyes as he drops his head and returns the embrace.

Roadblock asks, "So what do we do with him?"

Flint says, "Take him with us. Make him comfortable. He's not a threat anymore, because if he was he would've tried to kill one of us by now."

Zartan says, "Thank you for your show of mercy Flint, but I decline."

Flint looks at him and says, "Excuse me."

Zartan says, "Flint in my time here I've made my peace with God, and face it I've committed many sins. I figure spending what's left of my time here alone is my penance. As my last request please Flint one warrior to another just let me die in peace. You have enough fire-power seal off the cave when you leave and let this be my tomb."

Flint nods and says, "All-right Zartan I can accept that."

Zartan looks at Mainframe and says, "Just so you know. Zarana left Cobra about two weeks after your death. She mourned for you. I found in her room a picture of you she kept hidden. She loves you. I thought you should know because she may still be alive."

Mainframe nods and Flint says, "All-right everyone out."

Everyone begins to leave and Flint takes one last look at Zartan.

Zartan struggles to raise his arm in one last salute and says, "One warrior to another."

Flint tips his beret slightly and says, "Rest in peace. Fellow warrior."

They get a distance away and Flint says to Snake Eyes, "Pitch about four grenades along the roof line at each corner. That should seal it."

Snake Eyes pitches the grenades and they cave in the roof.

Everyone stares for a moment and Flint says, "Okay let's get back to base we still one thing left to do before we can declare this unit ready to start training."

Last edited:

As the Joes get back to their base everyone is quiet. Lost in their own thoughts of what they just saw with Zartan and realizing now more than ever the world they've known is now gone.

Flint says to Mainframe, "We need to get some intell on what is going on in the world right now. Do you think you can hack into a satellite?"

Mainframe replies, "Sure it'll take a little longer using the dated equipment, but that is our advantage. This equipment is so outdated no one can really trace it."

Flint says, "Get crackin' let us know when you're ready."

Mainframe nods sits at the terminal and begins typing away.

Flint walks over to Snake Eyes and Scarlett and says, "I know there was a history between you and Storm Shadow that dates back farther than we know. I know you two weren't always enemies and even at one point during our battles with COBRA you two fought together. I'm sorry for your loss Snake Eyes. Believe me I know what you're going through."

Snake Eyes looks at Flint and gives a nod.

Scarlett says, "That's as close to a thank you as you'll get. For what it's worth Flint I'm sorry too. Lady Jaye and I didn't always see eye to eye, but she was excellent at what she did and you two made a great couple."

Flint says, "Thanks Scarlett."

Mainframe says, "I got us into an old cable satellite. It took some doing but I got audio and video from several different feeds."

Flint approaches and says, "Punch it up. Everybody fall in we all need to see this and no chatter."

The video monitor is filled with images of hover-crafts with spotlights patrolling city streets and country-sides, people being dragged out of their homes, belongings being taken from others, people being beaten, people being executed on the spot, other people trying to fight Trust Troops and getting slaughtered, and book and DVD burnings. Posters proclaiming the Trust as a friend, exorting loyalty to the trust, The Trust knowing what is best, and The Trust as establishing order. News Broadcast with decidedly slanted views of The Trust.

Everyone is silent and in shock as they watch and listen to what is happening before them.

Flint says to Mainframe, "Cut off the sound."

Mainframe does so and Flint stands in front of the monitor and says, "Take a good look. Let these images burn in your mind this is the enemy we're facing now. This is unlike any other foe we've ever faced. COBRA in it's prime couldn't even handle dreams of power like this."

Flint says to Mainframe, "Monitor off."

Mainframe cuts off the monitor and Flint says, "Everyone follow me."

Everyone follows Flint to the upper level where the prison cells are and Flint says, "I want everyone to walk through these cells and look at the images that are on the walls. We all drew those images during our time in lock-up I want to look at them and study them. Move out."

The Joes begin milling about looking at various drawings on the walls. After two hours Flint says, "All-Right everyone back downstairs in the command room."

Everyone gathers around and Flint says, "What I wanted you all to get out of that was to see what we all had a dream of. The life we all wanted someday if not in this life then what we were hoping would be in the next life."

He truns to Gung-Ho and says, "He wants a perfect bowl of Gumbo. The ingredients were right down to the brand names he'd use and the exact cooking time everything it was perfection to Gung-Ho."

Flint then looks at Roadblock and says, "You're family and being with them is your dream."

He looks at Ace and says, "Being behind the controls of Skystriker and being in the wide open sky."

Flint then asks Quick Kick, Lifeline and Scarlett, "What's your dream the thing you want most? The thing you want to fight for. What is it?"

Quick-Kick replies, "To be able to enjoy peace of mind and to laugh."

Lifeline says, "To be able to help others through medicine."

Scarlett replies, "To finally lay down my crossbow and know that peace has finally been achieved."

Flint nods and says to Snake Eyes, "I know what you're dream is and what you want to fight for."

He glances quickly at Scarlett and back to Snake Eyes. Snake Eyes gives him a thumbs up.

Flint says, "There's a whole world out there full of people with dreams and hopes like ours, or very similar, or dreams and hopes of their own. The Trust though has destroyed many of them if not all of them. It's our calling to do what we can to help these people see their dreams and hopes of a better life come true in the name of Freedom."

Everyone looks at one another and Flint says, "This isn't going to be an easy fight to win. Many times the best we'll probably be able to hope for is to hold the line for another day, but it's another day where we can try to make a difference again."

Flint walks over to the cardboard box in his office and pulls out an old GI Joe flag and holds it up.

He says, "This is who we are. This is our calling and together we will battle on for those who can't in the name of justice and freedom."

Roadblock yells out, "YO JOE!"

Everyone else responds, "YO JOE!"

Flint puts the flag away and says, "Starting tomorrow GI Joe Boot Camp 2.0 begins at 05:00, and I assure you it'll make basic training look like a Church Picnic. Plan your evening activites accordingly. Dismissed."

Everyone begis milling about and talking to one another and Flint quietly slips away.

He walks back to his cell and sits in there stairing at the picture he drew of Lady Jaye. Flint then gets up opens the door slightly revealing a picture of a little girl and sits back down looking at them both.

He says to them, "Well my ladies life begins again for me tomorrow. Wherever you are I hope there is peace and love. I swear this to you both I will dedicate my life to making this world a better place than when you left it. I swear it to my dying breath."

Just then he notices Cover Girl standing in the doorway and he asks her, "Do you think I can pull that one off?"

She replies walking into the cell and sitting next to him, "Pretty big words and a big vow, but if anyone can live up to it Flint it's you. You've got our complete support and we'll do everything we can to help you live up to your vow."

Flint says, "Thank you Cover Girl."

Cover Girl asks, "I recognize Lady Jaye. I'm assuming the little girl would be your daughter."

Flint nods and says, "We knew it was going to be a girl, and we were going to name her Marisa."

He stares off and says, "Had it all planned out. I would come back from that one last mission and we both would announce we were done with GI Joe and get married. I already had a job lined up as an instructor at the War College in Pennsylvania teaching Military Strategy and History and I bought a couple of acres in the country. Allison was already picking out things for our dream home like wall-paper, floor tile, even door knobs. That house was all hers. If she wanted it she got it. I was going to marry the woman I loved, raise a beautiful child with her, doing something I enjoyed, and living a thousand miles away from The Pit and COBRA. It was all so perfect Cover Girl so perfect, and now it's gone."

Flint looks at her and says, "That's why I'm fighting. If I can give one person in this world the life that I was denied then I'll know everything we've been through and are about to go through was worth it."

He stands up and says to her, "Come on it's time to get to work."

Last edited:

Flint enters a darkened room and slides a dimmer switch just bringing up enough light to keep the room from being pitch black.

He takes off his beret and sits on the ground. Flint looks around the wall and sees the names and pictures of Joes who've died in the line of duty over the years. The majority are from the Trust's initial invasion.

Five years ago we began this war with The Trust. Eighteen months into this war to be honest I thought for sure we were fighting a lost cause. We had some small victories along the way, but nothing of significance. Until that assault in the Rockies when we were liberating a Trust Prison Camp. It was the worst fire-fight I had ever seen. Not even in my wildest nightmares could I have imagined what was happening. I thought for sure we had bitten off more than we could chew and we were making a last stand.

Flint then turns to pictures of Gung-Ho and Lifeline.

Until these two bought us the time we needed. Their sacrifice not only turned the tide, but also saved over 500 people from being re-educated. It was after that battle we went from being a nuisance to outlaws, and within two years a certifiable threat to The Trust.

Flint turns away from those pictures and is once again looking at the wall of the fallen.

Since that time we have had our share of battles with The Trust, and we've won way more than we've lost. We've also recruited other members along the way to fortify our ranks. We are now a legitimate fighting force, and people are looking for ways to join with us. However as Hawk pointed out you don't ask to join GI Joe you get asked, and that rule still holds today. We've got enough troops now that we've had to implement Military Rankings again. It's a nice problem to have.

Flint looks at a picture of the original GI Joe unit taken in front of the pit.

To say that those of us who are still standing have undergone changes over the years is an understatement. Snake Eyes and Scarlett are now married and have a three year old daughter. As lethal as Snake Eyes is it's safe to say his daughter has him wrapped around her finger. I was very humbled that they chose to name her Alison. Scarlett is now more of a behind the scenes strategist courtesy of a Trust attack in Rome that left her paralyzed from the waist down two years ago, but she can still hold her own in a fight. None of us we're sure that she was going to make it the first couple of days, and none of us dared telling Snake Eyes she wasn't going to make it. He stayed with her from the minute Doc took her in the O-R right until she finally told him to get his butt out of her hospital room and get back to work.

Ace is now dealing with a young hot-shot pilot who is dangerous and arrogant. I don't know any Joe pilots who are like that, but somehow they make it work and Afterburner won't admit it but he hero-worships Ace and hangs on his every word. Ace would be crushed if Afterburner was ever killed.

Roadblock has had to get used to a mechanical left arm, but he is still as cool under pressure as ever.

Cover Girl...well let's just say we're taking it slow. I still struggle with Lady Jaye's death, but I'm trying to move on. I like to believe she'd want me to be happy and live not pining after something that could never be, so we're taking it at a slow pace.

Just then there is a knock at the door and Flint stands up and puts on his beret.

He says, "It's open."

The door opens and Quick-Kick is standing there.

Quick Kick says, "General Flint, sir the new recruits are ready for you to address them."

Flint turns to Quick Kick and says, "Thank you Quick Kick. How's Hard Case dealing with them?"

Quick Kick replies, "Same as always."

Flint begins to leave the room and says, "Great. I wonder if he's ever been happy with any of our recruited classes?"

Quick Kick chuckles as Flint turns off the light.

Flint enters a hanger to a group standing at parade rest.

Hard Case, the Joes' D-I, sees him and barks out, "TEN-HUT! General on the deck!"

Flint approaches Hard Case and he salutes Flint. Flint returns his salute and says, "Thank you Gunnery Sargent."

Flint turns to a group of 20 soldiers and says, "My name is General Flint and I am the Commanding Officer of GI Joe. You have been chosen to be trained as GI Joes. We've seen each of you in action. You are elite some of the best fighters that the Resistance has ever produced. We'll make you better."

Flint begins to pace and says, "During the next 12 weeks we will break you down, and then build you back into an elite weapon of freedom and justice. We will enhance your strengths and expose your weaknesses. Along the way we will see if you all have specialized skills that we can use, or some of you may be foot soldiers. There's nothing wrong with that we are a team and we all have a role to play."

Flint then stops in the center of the group and says, "If you make it through the next 12 weeks you will be given your codename by Hard Case and the Chain of Command. Now being a Joe carries a great deal of responsibility. We don't fight for glory or to satisfy some sort of blood-lust. We do this because we hope the next generation will not have to know the horrors of war, and that they learn freedom is a privilege no one rides for free."

Flint stands next to Hard Case and says to the troops, "With that I now turn you over to our Drill Sargent code name: Hard Case. You won't find a finer or more complete soldier in the world. Listen to him, follow his orders to the letter, and you'll make it through the next 12 weeks. You will refer to him as Drill Sargent, because none of you have earned the right to call anyone by their codename, but I suspect that will change in 12 weeks. Until then go hard and good luck."

Flint turns to Hard Case and says, "Gunnery Sargent they're all yours."

Hard Case salutes and says, "Thank you General Flint sir."

Flint returns his salute and says, "Take 'em out."

Hard Case says, "Yes Sir!" He looks at the troops and says, "All-right five mile run I want it under thirty! Move it out!"

As they begin running Flint walks back to Quick Kick.

They watch the troops run away and Quick Kick asks, "If Hard Case was our D-I, do you think we would've made it?"

Flint chuckles and says, "Are you kidding me? GI Joe would've been Snake Eyes and that's it."

Last edited:
banner.png

The assembled crew of the Enterprise hunkers around a dimly lit table in their last remaining stronghold of their besieged ship. Their clearly afraid, and after what Raph and I saw mere moments ago, I don't blame them. These things can apparently bore themselves into people and burst out of them. I can't imagine having that happen to my friends or family.

We've explained where we came from. Talking about the Doctor seemed to explain everything, as it seems they've come in contact with him before. But now we're in the position of needing to find a way to rid the ship of these creatures

"So what's the plan?" Raph asks Captain Picard.

"Yea, these things are small, they're not going to be easy to find and track down," I say as I look at the holographic schematics of the Enterprise. "Especially considering your ship is massive."

"Small? Have you truly seen on of them?" the alien lieutenant known as Worf asks, amazed.

"They only saw a chestbuster, which they killed," the ship's first officer William Riker explains.

"In that case we need to bring you up to speed," Picard responds as he presses a few keys, changing the display of the ship to security footage of one of the grown creatures tearing through a part of the crew. It's ferocious and effectively lethal. "This is a full grown creature. We don't know how they grow so quickly. But they are incredibly strong, and as you know, have acidic blood that hampers close combat."

"That's puttin' it lightly."

"So where did these things come from?" I ponder. "I mean...doesn't seem like something you'd be transporting on a ship like this."

The ship is mostly a diplomatic and peace keeping vessel, as well as exploration. Having some sort of alien killing machine on board doesn't mesh with the goals.

"We were exploring a section of space that was mostly undocumented by the usual channels," Worf explains. "An...old selection of planets. Mostly just lifeless rocks. But we picked up a distress signal from a private military vessel."

"Private military?"

"Yes, owned by a corporation," Picard continues. "The more profitable companies have them to protect their holdings from raiders. Technically it's illegal...but enough money will turn anyone's eyes."

"Indeed. In this case, the Weyland-Yutani Corporation. They laid a claim on one of these planets, named LV-426. They set up a terraforming colony on the planet, apparently on top of these things' nest. WY sent in a group of their marines to wipe them out...and only 4 beings survived. We picked them up...along with these things, apparently."

"Where are these survivors?"

"In the med bay when the deaths started along with one of our Lieutenant Commander," Riker shakes his head. "They're cut off from us now."

"I think we need to get to them," I say.

"They may know some weakness of the creatures," Picard nods in agreement. "It's our only course of action at this point. Worf, the Turtles, and I will go to med bay to rendezvous with Data and the survivors. The others will hold this position. Good luck to us all."

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"