Pedro Pascal is Reed Richards/Mr. Fantastic

look at this nerd

96f8c855f0cd63f1d4e8b0a9998ca639--shirtless-actors-brandon-routh.jpg

I had a dream last night that I was watching the MCU Fantastic Four movie. Mr Fantastic was John Krasinski except he changed his distinctive down to earth voice, making him less relatable. I hope he gets the role but is able to be relatable as well as convincing as a super genius

With a better script and director, I think Ioan Gruffudd could have played a decent Reed.

I don’t think Brandon Routh could do it under any circumstance. He has the stage presence of a wet dish towel.

If they announced him, I’d be more disappointed than I was with Miles Teller.

With a better script and director, I think Ioan Gruffudd could have played a decent Reed.

I don’t think Brandon Routh could do it under any circumstance. He has the stage presence of a wet dish towel.

Ioan Gruffudd would've made a better Reed now than he did back then. It's almost a shame he played the part before as it has taken him out of the running. In Forever he was very Reed Richards-like and more confident and sure of himself as Reed would be. In other roles he's also been darker than in FF.

I had a dream last night that I was watching the MCU Fantastic Four movie. Mr Fantastic was John Krasinski except he changed his distinctive down to earth voice, making him less relatable. I hope he gets the role but is able to be relatable as well as convincing as a super genius

I think Reed shouldn't be "relatable". His genius is so immense that there should always be a disconnect from normal people. The other members are the relatable ones, particularly Ben.

The only problem is when they make him unlikable, Reed should be likable. He isn't the most charismatic or anything like that, but we as the audience should be see that everything he does is for his family. I think that should be the only aspect of the character that's relatable.

. . . hadn't thought about it, but I see nothing wrong whatsoever with Brandon Routh as Reed Richards. "Action Nerd" is about what Reed should be. :p
It's an interesting idea. but I think a lot of those fans just want to see him jump over to Marvel after the way the Arrowverse treated him.

It's an interesting idea. but I think a lot of those fans just want to see him jump over to Marvel after the way the Arrowverse treated him.

What's so horrible about "Is given several seasons of pure awesomeness on Legends of Tomorrow, concluding with a heartwarming marriage and retirement arc?" *cough*

I think Reed shouldn't be "relatable". His genius is so immense that there should always be a disconnect from normal people. The other members are the relatable ones, particularly Ben.

The only problem is when they make him unlikable, Reed should be likable. He isn't the most charismatic or anything like that, but we as the audience should be see that everything he does is for his family. I think that should be the only aspect of the character that's relatable.
Yeah I’d go with likeable over relatable.

Yeah, and I like actors who can actually act.

Feige will pick someone who can not only act but have great screen presence and likeability

One idea I had for MCU Reed’s backstory is that he was so smart that he could’ve went to college as a child, but he didn’t want to go to college and leave his his old life behind, so he reigned in his smarts so he could attend college at the normal age of 18. You see instances of genius level kids like this in real life who go to college so young.

Meet the 12-year-old graduating high school and college in the same week - CNN

12 brilliant kids who started college by the time they were 12

So I think it could be an interesting piece of backstory that conveys to us this guy is a league in his own in terms of intelligence compared to other MCU brainiacs like Tony Stark, Bruce Banner, and Hank Pym. Reed, truly is the smartest man in the MCU.

Last edited:
I had not seen this image yet, but he is looking more and more like Reed Richards. That or they are intentionally depicting him in the comics to look more like Krasinski lol
tumblr_p1r4p8hwPZ1qlj8quo4_1280.png

Eo__OlVW4AYhhKI.jpg

Wouldn’t it be the most f-upped twist of all time if the main villain for this new phase of the MCU actually turns out to be an evil variant of Reed Richards that calls himself The Maker played by Miles Teller?

Last edited:
Wouldn’t it be the most f-upped twist of all time if the main villain for this new phase of the MCU actually turns out to be an evil variant of Reed Richards that calls himself The Maker played by Miles Teller?

im ok with that for some reason

My picks for Reed:

Ben Barnes
Santiago Cabrera
Joseph Gordon-Lovett
Daniel Henney
Julian Morris
Aidan Turner
John David Washington

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"