Pedro Pascal is Reed Richards/Mr. Fantastic

I can see Pascal in the role. He can play the father figure type, as we've seen in The Mandalorian and the Last Of Us show. He can carry the leading role, which is what you want for Mr. Fantastic. And he's a great actor who just has screen presence.

that's part of the problem for me

we've already seen him be the father figure. i want something fresh and different

reed is 2 things to me, a husband/father and the egghead, i hope he can do the later convincingly enough to make the former look fresh

I never thought of him as much of a father - always too busy with other things.

More of a ‘60’s father than a modern father.

Just came in here to say Pedro Pascal looked hot AF at the SAG awards :o.

Oh and also congratulations to Pedro on winning best Male Actor in a Drama series :wowe:.

2 months since the confirmation post about Pascal and only 16 posts. . . . . . if Marvel is checking these boards to me that speaks volumes about how much excitement there is surrounding this casting choice. Again non of us are hugely upset and coming with pitchforks but the general reaction is pretty "meh" & "really him again?" Rather than I can't wait to see what this person will do in the role. Again I'm hoping Pascal does something to make me go "wow that's really Reed" but haven't seen or heard it yet.

When they announce Doom there can't be this much apathy or they've failed in casting Doom.

To be fair most of Pedro’s fanbase are chaotic bisexuals and they’re not on forums, they’re out at the clubs getting laid.

I’m glad it’s not just controversial for controversial’s sake. Imagine if they got someone like channing Tatum or something just to stir people up

Nah I'm not voting for controversy for controversy but just some general excitement that people could really get behind.

Is it really apathy when there's not much to say? At least with Julia Garner, there's a discussion to be had and endless YouTube videos to be made. What is there really to say about Pascal or any of the main four? Maybe an in-suit costume reveal outside of the poster would stir up interest.

To be fair most of Pedro’s fanbase are chaotic bisexuals and they’re not on forums, they’re out at the clubs getting laid.

I’m glad it’s not just controversial for controversial’s sake. Imagine if they got someone like channing Tatum or something just to stir people up

original.gif

Also, I feel like the castings that tend to have livelier discussions are either the controversial ones (like the one in my gif haha) or when it's a massively popular character (...like the one in my gif). Pedro might not be the first person many folks had in mind, but he isn't really controversial. And Reed might be hugely popular among the fandom, but he's not a character that comes to mind for the casual viewer when they think of superheroes.

Once we start getting a look at him in character, I expect this thread to pick up.

I think we will have more when we get pics and interviews and such

A factor that shouldn't be overlooked is that the Hype just doesn't get the foot traffic it used to. And the community is more focused on other things like Gunn's Superman movie.

If you go on somewhere like Reddit, there's still groaning about Pascal.

things weren’t quiet around here when the Fant4stic cast was announced.:grimace:

A factor that shouldn't be overlooked is that the Hype just doesn't get the foot traffic it used to. And the community is more focused on other things like Gunn's Superman movie.

Reddit is "groaning central" on everything....lol

Same theme on X if not worse, actual madness what went down when the cast was announced.

Plot twist... Pedro is actually Aunt Petunia. :o

You wouldn't be wrong lol! People seem to have a problem with Quinn as Johnny as well for whatever reason.

This is the only casting of the four I'm not feeling. It feels like a miscast. Until I see footage it's wait and see.

This is the only casting of the four I'm not feeling. It feels like a miscast. Until I see footage it's wait and see.
I'm cool with Pascal but I have to admit that despite already playing Mysterio, I'm curious to see how Jake Gyllenhaal would've played it. With the multiverse angle, there's your built-in excuse for recycling actors.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
iamjonahlobe
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"