Predict when SHH will shut down Josh Trank FF forum ?

BadrHari

Civilian
Reaction score
I say SHH deletes this forum by the end of the year , if not by October.

Josh Trank just Schumacher'ed the Fantastic Four franchise and we might not get one until many many many years down the road, when the studio (Fox or Marvel) crosses their fingers that ppl have forgotten about Trank's disaster film.

. . . but, but, but . . . we're less than 2 years from the sequel. http://www.imdb.com/title/tt3614802/ :cwink:
Lol. Though even if that release date had in any way been realistic I vaguely recall Kelly, I think, saying something along the lines of a sequel thread could continue in the 'Misc films' thread if the movie turned out nothing like the FF. Not sure on the exact details.

IIRC, she actually once threatened to move this film to the miscellaneous forum if it didn't resemble the Fantastic Four. I suppose it's good that didn't happen, though. All the talk of the glorious train wreck that was this film's release may have overshadowed the rest of miscellaneous movies. :p

Well since this is probably the last weekend people will be able to see FF in theaters, it probably will get pretty quiet around here even if they keep the section open.

Is there any reason to close it down? Even if it only gets a few posts a day, does it hurt anything to have the section open?

I think they'll keep things as is until a time a reboot, sequel, or rights revert is announced.

That's what happened to the Spidey forums prior to the Sony/Marvel deal was announced.

There's still a Superman Returns board so why close this one? Its a huge flop but it still exists and people may want yo talk about it.

I've lost count of all the sequel forums SHH has had to shut down for prematurely announced sequels that never materialize :D .

They may not shut it down perse. Just merge it with the Fantastic Four World Section. Probably depends on how much trouble the members in this section give mods. And if this sections stays civil it may be left active at least until we know for sure what the future of these characters are. Then the mods will probably decide on a plan of action. Tho I don't know what sort of space each section takes up on the servers, but if they needed space a section like the transformers section would probably be cut down first.

In short, your guess is as good as mine.:)

They may not shut it down perse. Just merge it with the Fantastic Four World Section. Probably depends on how much trouble the members in this section give mods. And if this sections stays civil it may be left active at least until we know for sure what the future of these characters are. Then the mods will probably decide on a plan of action. Tho I don't know what sort of space each section takes up on the servers, but if they needed space a section like the transformers section would probably be cut down first.

In short, your guess is as good as mine.:)

So what your saying is, the Fox "fans" will probably create as much trouble as possible in the hopes of getting the forum locked, and preferably vanished, so that their infamy can be pushed down the memory hole? *ahem*

Nevah! Preserve Fox's karmic cluster$%$@#.

Well we're still going 6 months later. And the most prominent thread? The keep hope alive thread. None of the FFINO defenders seem to be anywhere in sight.

I hope we hear news of a rights reversion soon though so we can talk about the FF's future under Marvel and not always discussing this trainwreck and laughing stock.

Well we're still going 6 months later. And the most prominent thread? The keep hope alive thread. None of the FFINO defenders seem to be anywhere in sight.

I hope we hear news of a rights reversion soon though so we can talk about the FF's future under Marvel and not always discussing this trainwreck and laughing stock.

You do realize that people defended the movie BEFORE seeing it? The positive posters liked the trailers, nothing wrong with that. I don't recall anyone actually liking the movie so why would anyone stick to talk about it?

Not true. We had some diehard X-fans singing this movie's praises after it released. One poster claimed to see it four times in theaters.

You do realize that people defended the movie BEFORE seeing it? The positive posters liked the trailers, nothing wrong with that. I don't recall anyone actually liking the movie so why would anyone stick to talk about it?

If the positive posters didn't like it, then fair enough. But why disappear and hide their heads in the sand instead of admitting they didn't like it and that the trailers or other things were misleading? Everyone else does that for every other CBM and forum.

When IM3 had its trailers, I thought the movie looked good. When it came out, I instantly expressed my dislike for the movie in the forum itself. It wasn't a case that I was ashamed I actually liked IM3 and then decided to hide now that it wasn't as I thought.

I'm generally ashamed when I end up not liking something I defended tooth and nail.

The defenders disappeared because they realized they had their heads buried in the sand.

"None of these rumors are true at all."
"Trank wasn't kicked off his Star Wars gig, he chose to leave."
"So many movies have had production issues and turned out fine."
"That leaked picture isn't Doom's final look, he'll definitely have the classic costume."
"Domashev will be a better villain than anything in the MCU."

These are all things said by numerous people with 100% sincerity.

Nothing wrong with liking the trailers, but it went far beyond that for most of the defenders. A lot of them just wanted to see a comic book property succeed that wasn't made by Marvel.

Last edited:
The positive posters liked the trailers, nothing wrong with that.

This is an extreme understatement.

I've been here from the beginning and I saw people defend every bad component of this film from start to finish.

When we got the terrible cast, people argued it was a great cast. When we heard about the story and awful conceptualization, people argued that those terrible ideas were good. When we saw the worst costumes in the history of superhero films, people argued that they looked good, etc. etc. etc.

It's not like people saw the trailers and said "this looks good" (. . . and by the way, it didn't. It looked terrible), people defended every indefensible element of this film for a solid year and a half - telling those of us who liked the Fantastic Four that we were wrong for not liking what we were seeing.

There was an awful lot of selective memories when it came to the defenders, like whenever Kinberg was brought up they went on about how he was a writer on DOFP (not the only writer though) and ignored all his other writing credits (including Last Stand).

For me it was the couple of ultra hardcore defenders that defended everything about the production, claimed that every bad thing was a lie (and complained that people that talk about them were bullies), then declared that they couldn't wait till the film got 90% on rotten tomatoes :whatever:

And then these same people tucked their tail and ran once the movie came out instead of continuing to defend it or admit they were wrong.

And then these same people tucked their tail and ran once the movie came out instead of continuing to defend it or admit they were wrong.

That's not fair, I defended this film very early on, because people were criticizing it when we barely knew anything about it, I was being a bit contrarian, because it seemed like the cool thing to do was to hate on this film before we knew anything about it. But as soon as I heard they made Dr. Doom hacker, I decided to stop defending the film, because that was an unforgivable move. The way I saw there were two options, complain about this movie or hope that maybe Fox finally got it right and would make a good movie, hating on it on this forum was not going to prevent this movie from existing. Now that the FF film was released and sucks and Marvel gets the rights back, what do they have? A property that is toxic, sure they can use some of these characters else where, maybe Guardians of the Galaxy, but the brand itself is now toxic, at least a good Fox FF movie could redeemed the brand in the eyes of the public and made it worth something, now I doubt we see a FF movie in 20 years, I think it has become that radioactive.

I was wrong about the film, but I'm not going to beat myself up over defending a film in the very early stages that turned out to be crap, there are far more important things in the world for to care about wrong about something so trivial.

I think sometimes people on this thread envision that are super die hard fans who will defend this film no matter, rather then people who choose to be optimistic and turned to be wrong and simply choose to stop defending it. The later is far more likely then the former.

We had some of both here, some defended right until it was released, saw it and admitted that they were wrong but that they had hope. But there were others for whom every negative rumour or story was a massive lie (probably part of a Marvel conspiracy to undermine the film), any critical discussion was horrible bullying, and would repeatedly (and loudly) declare that the film would be amazing, that it would outperform Marvel's films (both critically and financially), and that they couldn't wait till the film came out so that they could demand apologies from all the naysayers. Its the later that evaporated without a word when the film was released. I don't think anyone here has any problems with any of the first group, the ones who stuck with the film right till the end but were still able to admit that they picked the wrong side, its more the other group who even now are probably unwilling to admit they were wrong.

That's not fair, I defended this film very early on, because people were criticizing it when we barely knew anything about it, I was being a bit contrarian, because it seemed like the cool thing to do was to hate on this film before we knew anything about it. But as soon as I heard they made Dr. Doom hacker, I decided to stop defending the film, because that was an unforgivable move. The way I saw there were two options, complain about this movie or hope that maybe Fox finally got it right and would make a good movie, hating on it on this forum was not going to prevent this movie from existing. Now that the FF film was released and sucks and Marvel gets the rights back, what do they have? A property that is toxic, sure they can use some of these characters else where, maybe Guardians of the Galaxy, but the brand itself is now toxic, at least a good Fox FF movie could redeemed the brand in the eyes of the public and made it worth something, now I doubt we see a FF movie in 20 years, I think it has become that radioactive.

I was wrong about the film, but I'm not going to beat myself up over defending a film in the very early stages that turned out to be crap, there are far more important things in the world for to care about wrong about something so trivial.

I think sometimes people on this thread envision that are super die hard fans who will defend this film no matter, rather then people who choose to be optimistic and turned to be wrong and simply choose to stop defending it. The later is far more likely then the former.

But I'm not talking about you or those who did defend it early and then came to their senses when they saw more evidence emerge. But there were some who did choose to defend it to the bitter end, even after seeing things like Doom being a hacker, his horrible costume, or all the other bits and pieces which were coming out even right up until the film's release. I'm talking not about those who defended in the early stages but even the very late stages and then disappeared rather than admitting they were wrong.

There were people who covered the whole spectrum, but it was annoying that every time we had bad news there would be people who would swarm in here (partly an aspect of SHH and what happens when a story is posted on the main page) and tell us how good something that was obviously bad was.

I can completely understand the many people who said things along the lines of "I'm not thrilled with what I'm seeing, but I still think it's going to be better than most people think." I, myself, tried to be optimistic throughout and hope it would be better than it looked. But there were people who defended everything about this film even though most of it seemed unquestionably bad.

For example, I think the costumes were really bad, and I can't imagine how any objective person with eyes could deny that, but I was called a "troll" for even asking the question "Are these the worst superhero costumes of the last 20 years?" (which, in my opinion, they were). (http://forums.superherohype.com/showpost.php?p=30764083&postcount=4).

Don't see why it should be closed. Just reorganise the front page of shh forums a bit better.
Have a films section then each franchise has it's own listing. Then when you open it it has each film in it + sequels etc...Would make it a lot smaller. You could even have a marvel films and dc films section.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
paulsantiagoolg
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"