Endgame Qs/ things you liked/disliked/wanted to see in Endgame [SPOILERS]

Dark Raven

It's not about what you deserve...
Reaction score
I thought we could have a thread where we could ask questions about certain things in Endgame and discuss them freely while talking about spoilers here (so no need to tag them).

And also to discuss any things you liked or disliked, or that you would've liked to have seen.

I'll repost a few from the other thread as well as a few other things:

1. Did the Russos convert Joss Whedon's Avengers footage to a different ratio? Whedon filmed it in a different one to Endgame. Was the footage exactly the same or were there any parts cut off by the crop, or maybe even added?

2. Also for 5 years, did Rocket stay at the Avengers compound? Where was he all that time? He must know them pretty well if so.

3. I would've liked to have seen a digitally de-aged Robert Redford in the 70s time period. Have him look like he did in his "Butch Cassidy and the Sundance Kid"/ "The Sting"/ "Three Days of the Condor" years.

4. Also would've liked a digitally de-aged Michelle Pfieffer in the 1970s as well.

5. If Agents of SHIELD season 6 takes place where it left off last season, does that mean that most of the heroes are still dead and the world is still in a state of deterioration? Or is it going to time jump 5 years as well?

Where'd Valkyrie get the winged horse?

More Rocket and Tony interaction.

Natasha and Valkyrie interaction, I had high hopes for a scene with them.

Someone telling Thor that there was a feral Loki still running about somewhere in time. With an Infinity stone.

I honestly didn’t like how Cap’s arc ended at all. He was perfect throughout the movie and the ending just didn’t sit well with me. I still give the movie a high rating because every thing else was damn near perfect.

And while I get why they killed Black Widow, killing your two strongest female characters the exact same way feels cheap

I would’ve like to see Captain Marvel killed or written off.

She was rather superfluous and wasn't at all like the big deal they had set up. But she acted as if she would be their secret weapon that would swing the battle in their favour.

Dislike-Captain Marvel wasn't used that well, she disappeared for majority of the movie.

Dislike/Question - So half of the Earth is 5 years older? Will this be addressed in future movies?

Dislike but I get it - Nat, the only female OG Avenger being killed.

Dislike/Question - how screwed up the past must be. Thanos entire army no longer exists past A1, Loki was never caught, past Gamora is in the future. But somehow Steve managed to live through it and make it back to his "present". Shouldnt he have ended up in an alternate timeline? And they should've used all of this to help introduce mutants into the Marvel-verse.

Loved the movie immensely, but I'm little weirded out that there was no mention of the Sokovia Accords being repealed or any real comeuppance for Ross other than attending Tony's funeral. Same for Vision's fate being up in the air, even though the WandaVision show's coming. Is the damn robot coming back or are they just gonna rebuild him from scratch? It wasn't made clear if Shuri finished transferring his mind or not.

However, a bigger question is this: what happened to Katherine Langford's character? Who did she play? As far as I'm aware, it looks like her character got cut out. They made a huge deal about her being in this and she didn't appear despite rumors about her being Kate Bishop. I swear, if this turns out to be another "Jenna Malone in BVS" situation and it was just some random nobody who got their scene cut, people are gonna get upset.

War Machine with the a proton canon

giphy.gif

I don't think WandaVision is happening
Disney officially announced it 3 weeks ago at their Disney+ event. Why would they cancel it all of a sudden? The only any reason any set up for these shows or future movies may not have been in this was just to give a sense of finality to the current story ATM. I'm sure we'll have our answers eventually.

Disney officially announced it 3 weeks ago at their Disney+ event. Why would they cancel it all of a sudden? The only any reason any set up for these shows or future movies may not have been in this was just to give a sense of finality to the current story ATM. I'm sure we'll have our answers eventually.
I don't think its "cancelled" I think it was just misdirection. For maybe a Wanda/Hawkeye show or just a Wanda show.

We've seen before that Disney isn't above misdirection by putting in fake characters in trailers and stuff of that sort.

I'm not saying that's for sure what happened, but it wouldn't surprise me

I don't think its "cancelled" I think it was just misdirection. For maybe a Wanda/Hawkeye show or just a Wanda show.

We've seen before that Disney isn't above misdirection by putting in fake characters in trailers and stuff of that sort.

Yeah, but since it was announced this way, it could be an FTC issue. Look at the trouble Musk is having.

But to announce a show with a fake name AND that Paul Bethany would be back? Dude, you're stretching. That's lying to your audience about what your show actually is, not misdirection. The Loki and Falcon/Winter Solider shows were confirmed at that event, too. The connection is that all 3 shows weren't given plot details at that time, no doubt to avoid Endgame spoilers. Plus, all 3 shows were rumored well before they were confirmed to be happening. Just be patient and wait for more details.

Yeah, but since it was announced this way, it could be an FTC issue. Look at the trouble Musk is having.
I don't think it'd be an FTC issue.
1) The series didn't debut yet so there's time between now and whenever it airs to tell the "truth".
2) It's not like WandaVision is the huge big reason that Disney+ is seen as great/made the Disney stock prices go up

But to announce a show with a fake name AND that Paul Bethany would be back?
Flashbacks are a thing. So I would think maybe that would be it

I just really don't think the MCU is going to undo 1/3 of the major deaths from IW/EG just for a TV show.

What does Elon Musk have to do with Marvel Studios? Now I'm confused.
People buy stock based on information companies put out. The FTC keeps track of such things. If people bought stock because they got excited about Disney's new streaming stuff... it could be an issue. (I think. Not an Econ, but Tesla is local so we've been hearing a lot about that stuff)

I just really don't think the MCU is going to undo 1/3 of the major deaths from IW/EG just for a TV show.

I don't think a total flashback show would fly, though... it's clear what they are going to do with the Loki one, but I am at a loss on how to handle the Wanda one...

We'll see come SDCC and D23.

I don't think a total flashback show would fly, though... it's clear what they are going to do with the Loki one, but I am at a loss on how to handle the Wanda one...
True.

As I said, I'm not saying for sure that WandaVision won't happen.
I just don't think it'll happen the way we think it is. If they were gonna do that they would've done with Vision what they did with Gamora and bring Vision from a different universe.

Because how is Vision even going to come back? He's powered by a mind stone. The mind stone in this universe is destroyed. I don't think they'll time travel to another universe just to get a mind stone for a TV show. And I feel like we're probably just don't with the infinity stones in general

Last edited:
I actually didn't like Prof. Hulk. He was kind of an ass.

The lack of interaction between a lot of the characters does bug me. Especially between Steve and Bucky. I mean, Steve said, "Even when I had nothing I had Bucky," but now that Bucky pretty much has nothing, he bails? Any reason why Bucky couldn't have gone with him? (Other than the Disney streaming show?) He had a family. He was taken from everything he knew too.

I think they should have gone 7 years in the future, not 5. It would age the youngsters that might take over enough that hilariously Peter would still be the youngest.

I too wondered where Valkyrie got her flying horse? Or is it something that she can call up the way Thor and Loki can call up Asgardian clothes?

They needed to take more care with how their time travel works. I was ok with the idea that nothing they change would actually alter their own history, but what about letting each character fix things in the past, making new timelines that although they can't experience, at least have the comfort of knowing they exist. Like why couldn't Thor save his mom so he would know in another timeline she still lives, and Asgard might very well still exist? Or Steve goes back and keeps Bucky from falling from the train creating a timeline where Steve doesn't have to crash the plane because he has Bucky helping him and he gets his life with Peggy? Or he could go back in the original timeline where he did go in the ice but creates a second timeline with Peggy that *doesn't* erase her accomplishments or her kids? Like finding Peggy in the 70s. And he saves Bucky from Hydra, which saves Howard in that timeline, and because Steve is around Tony doesn't grow up jealous of a ghost. It introduces the idea of multiple Earths, has a little fun with the fanfic idea of "AU" but all the characters get happy endings without also ruining their own journeys.

I love Tony Stark, I really do, but I wasn't a fan of the entire movie trying to frame him as the one who was always right all along.

I'm bothered that the only on-screen canon LGBTQ character is Fury's Doctor from Winter Soldier.

At least one cameo from one character from Agents of SHIELD would have been nice. Even if it was just someone in the support group Steve lead. Or one of the agents talking to Nat via hologram.

What I liked was the ginormous emotional payoff of the final battle. Just moment after moment of YASSSSSS!

Tony did get the send-off worthy of a true hero. The one Steve accused him of not being in the first Avengers. (Which at the time I think Steve was right, BTW.)

They took some bold steps with the story, and even though it was messy and there are glaring faults, it did feel like it was done with heart and a love of all the (main) characters and I hope whoever takes the reins from here has the same love for the characters going forward.

Last edited:
Dislikes:

I was hoping for more team ups in that final battle for people who never interacted with each other before. Spider-Man, Ant-Man and the Wasp should have had a scene together where Scott said something along the lines of "I hope these guys don't have any cans of Raid".

Thor being drunk and fat was funny for awhile, then it got stale really fast.

Might add more later.

Dislikes:

I was hoping for more team ups in that final battle for people who never interacted with each other before. Spider-Man, Ant-Man and the Wasp should have had a scene together where Scott said something along the lines of "I hope these guys don't have any cans of Raid".

Thor being drunk and fat was funny for awhile, then it got stale really fast.

Might add more later.
That would've been cool.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"