Far From Home Qs you have/ things you liked/disliked about Far From Home [Spoilers]

Not really a critique of the film, but I still feel a bit bad for Michael Mando not being in this as scorpian like he was probably expecting.

I wish in other MCU movies they would show a recap/ flashback like they did with the flashbacks to Civil War and Iron Man #1. Sometimes they make certain references in other movies but assume people will know exactly what people are talking about or that everyone will remember. Only fans would know and not the general audience.

Also I wish they did use other extras or actors from previous films as part of Mysterio's crew. Was there no-one from Iron Man #2 or #3 or an Avengers movie?

What I disliked.....

- Not enough action. Man this would have ended up my favorite MCU movie behind Infinty War had they had just a touch more action. Maybe an early movie short swing scene and cutting out that restaurant fight hurt as well.Forced the movie to drag a bit too much before picking up.

-Less teachers and more Happy. I don’t know who thought that giving those teachers that much screen time was a good idea. Happy should have had more screen time.

What I Liked......

-Just about everything else.

- Mysterio was fantastic and much better then expected. Visually amazing and his first fight against Spider-Man might be one of the finest scenes you will ever see. Completely destroys the kids mind .

- Tom and Zendaya work on screen. The chemistry between the two of them is on point.

- The action was a huge step up from Homecoming. They’re not even in the same ball park.

- I’m a huge stickler for super hero’s in movies being portrayed somewhat accurately from a power /abilities point of view and boy did they deliver with Spider-Man this time around. An absolutely beautiful display of all his skills and abilities. I’ve complained a lot about his portrayal in the MCU in the past but when you take on an entire drone army created by Stark.....all is forgiven.

- LESS TECH. Thank god they did away with most of it. It just never fit. It was great to see him utilize his own smarts and customize and create his own gear.

- Spider-sense...Might be the single coolest depiction of it ever in a Spider-Man movie. The visualization of the dude running through the hall eyes closed tearing everything up is still stuck in my head and left me speechless. Just might be my single favorite action sequence in a Spider-Man film
Period.

My only question at this point is where do they go from here and what’s next for Tom Holland? I know he has one more film left for himself as Spider-Man but what comes after? Hopefully contracts get figured out and he sticks around longer.

I don’t understand how you everyone is saying the spider-sense scene was amazing. All he did was close his eyes. I didn’t get the sense there was any real “tingling”.

I preferred the spider sense depiction in Raimi's Spider-Man #1. There was definitely more an awareness of danger, especially at the end when the Goblin tried to kill Spider-Man with his glider.

Also all the New York swinging sequences in the Raimi Spider-Man films are more enjoyable than the ones in this film or Homecoming.

I'm honestly thinking this cameo was a last minute thing. Hence why they wouldn't bother on getting a proper wig and why they didn't give much thought about inviting him to the premiere.

“So we waited until the very, very last second and called him up, and he came by and he was, ‘Wait, what? You want me to do what?’ It took him a second to understand, but as we pitched the idea he was totally on board and he really loved getting to be the person who finally outs Peter Parker.”

According to Watts, Simmons filmed his cameo “as late as possible basically. We just set up a green screen in the conference room at Disney and he just came by. It was very strange for him too, because the first take he just launches right into that iconic character and I ruined the take because I couldn’t stop laughing. It was so amazing.”

Far From Home Director Explains the Film's Shocking Cameo Appearance

Well, there's that. Guess that explains, as I assumed, the no-wig look. They could've gotten a hat or something for him, though.

“So we waited until the very, very last second and called him up, and he came by and he was, ‘Wait, what? You want me to do what?’ It took him a second to understand, but as we pitched the idea he was totally on board and he really loved getting to be the person who finally outs Peter Parker.”

According to Watts, Simmons filmed his cameo “as late as possible basically. We just set up a green screen in the conference room at Disney and he just came by. It was very strange for him too, because the first take he just launches right into that iconic character and I ruined the take because I couldn’t stop laughing. It was so amazing.”

Far From Home Director Explains the Film's Shocking Cameo Appearance

Well, there's that. Guess that explains, as I assumed, the no-wig look. They could've gotten a hat or something for him, though.

I think they could've given him a hat too, so that they could decide later. But maybe they had decided in their minds already and didn't want to copy his classic appearance. But they could've given him a different hairstyle which wasn't a flat top, and then if he chose to later, he would still have the option of going with that hairstyle.

Now, unless JJJ wears a toupee in universe, or has a hair transplant, then I don't see him ever having the classic hair. I would've preferred the classic flat top myself.

MCU's Spider sense makes him God like apparently which bothers me. More importantly, and what encapsulates my problem with this Spidey as a whole is Happy (of all people) giving Peter a pep talk talking about he has no tech now and Peter immediately goes over to the Stark workbench on a freaking private jet to create another suit.

MCU's Spider sense makes him God like apparently which bothers me. More importantly, and what encapsulates my problem with this Spidey as a whole is Happy (of all people) giving Peter a pep talk talking about he has no tech now and Peter immediately goes over to the Stark workbench on a freaking private jet to create another suit.

Why do you think the Spider-sense makes him Godlike? He looked as if he had just been through hell at the end of the scene so while it obviously helped a lot they were still plenty of things he couldn’t “avoid”.

I thought the pep talk scene was cool but mostly because I’m a fan of “Happy” in the MCU. Love his style of humor in the movies which is why I was a bit annoyed that there wasn’t more of him.

Last edited:
I don’t understand how you everyone is saying the spider-sense scene was amazing. All he did was close his eyes. I didn’t get the sense there was any real “tingling”.

I loved the “tingling” or audio cues used for the powers in the other scene but I felt not having it in the last fight fit well. It was a powerful enough image of having him completely trust his Spider-Sense and close his eyes. Plus the team definitely did their research because the eyes closing is a technique he’s used a few times in the past whether it be comic or animated series. I can also appreciate the fact that they seemed to listen to the constant criticism from fans regarding the ability. You go from HomeComing where it isn’t used or referenced at all to FFH where it is a very important plot point.

I’ve loved all interpretations of the specific power throughout Spider-Man’s cinematic life span. Personally I just that final scene in FFH is the pinnacle for the power because of the stakes and visually how amazing that entire scene looked.

Last edited:
Liked:
Hopping to different countries in Europe
The elementals looked really cool and were more interesting than Mysterio

Disliked:
Mysterio was a nobrainer as a villain, but jeez him wearing those Vfx marker suit, and that his drones were the ones projecting the illusions was very off putting. So at that point, I didn't care about his illusions no matter how matter eye candy / creative they were.

The post credits scene was unnecessarily extra.Its like the filmmakers had too much fun and now lets add one more trickery just cause and oh Nick Fury is residing in a Skrulls retirement home. It didn't add anything to the movie.

MJ. Her romance with Peter couldn't be more awkward.

Maria Hill or fake Maria Hill had no personality once again.

Hip and cool, aunt May has a love affair now and its with the Iron Man character Happy Hogan. Great.

Too much Iron Man still. Mysterio's motivation was driven by Tony firing him. Spidey gets to upgrade his suit but... using Tony's tech, once again. If I didn't know Spider-Man, I would have thought he was an Iron Man supporting character ala Robin or Nightwing.

Last edited:
Liked:
Hopping to different countries in Europe
The elementals looked really cool and were more interesting than Mysterio

Disliked:
Mysterio was a nobrainer as a villain, but jeez him wearing those Vfx marker suit, and that his drones were the ones projecting the illusions was very off putting. So at that point, I didn't about his illusions no matter how matter eye candy / creative they were.

The post credits scene was unnecessarily extra.Its like the filmmakers had to much fun and now lets add one more trickery just cause and oh Nick Fury is residing in a Skrulls retirement home. It didn't anything to the movie.

MJ. Her romance with Peter couldn't be more awkward.

Maria Hill or fake Maria Hill had no personality once again.

Hip and cool, aunt May has a love affair now and its with the Iron Man character Happy Hogan. Great.

Too much Iron Man still. Mysterio's motivation was driven by Tony firing him. Spidey gets to upgrade his suit but... using Tony's tech, once again. If I didn't know Spider-Man, I would have thought he was an Iron Man supporting character ala Robin or Nightwing.

I would've preferred Mysterio to be wearing his costume at the end in the final battle instead of the mo-cap suit. It almost feels as if they ran out of budget. I didn't mind him wearing it at the start of that scene, but I wish he suited up. Also, his practical suit should've had some tech powers of its own so it wasn't completely reliant on others.

On another note, if they do end up crossing over with Venom, will they use this Daily Bugle plot to bring Eddie Brock into it to try to expose DailyBugle.net as fake news and try to uncover the truth? After all, Brock is a journalist.

Is it possible to crossover everything from Venom with MCU Spider-Man? Can it work? Or is there anything explicitly contradictory?

I also didn't like that he didn't like his costume as if he was forced to wear it or couldn't think of something else to wear as a superhero suit.

I also didn't like that he didn't like his costume as if he was forced to wear it or couldn't think of something else to wear as a superhero suit.

I would've preferred that, with his grandiose personality, he loved his costume and relished wearing it at every opportunity.

Cons: everything with the classmates, at this point I can't stand any of them besides MJ

Pro: How Mysterio's illusions were realized bought that is was plausible in our world

Holland is a Great Spider-Man but wish they let him be more than Tony's protégé [hopefully that's the end of that dynamic]

I would've preferred that, with his grandiose personality, he loved his costume and relished wearing it at every opportunity.

Especially since, becoming the new hero for everyone to admire was literally the goal.

I thought it was perfect. It reminded me of the scene in the Spectacular Spider-Man Animated Series where he blindfolds himself and goes through all Mysterio's illusions.

Why do you think the Spider-sense makes him Godlike? He looked as if he had just been through hell at the end of the scene so while it obviously helped a lot they were still plenty of things he couldn’t “avoid”.

I thought the pep talk scene was cool but mostly because I’m a fan of “Happy” in the MCU. Love his style of humor in the movies which is why I was a bit annoyed that there wasn’t more of him.

Yep...also, after Homecoming made ZERO use of his Spider-Sense, seeing it used like this was very awesome. They took a LOT of people's complaints from Homecoming, and they listened. Better action, Spider-Sense, an Uncle Ben reference in the suitcase, and they kept the incredible villain. Also, less Iron Man.

As for Happy's pep talk, I felt it was a way to reinforce that Peter was in fact, on his own. There is no Iron Man to bail him out. All that's left are these tools...and the hands that work them now have to be his own. From being given a suit in Civil War to being dependent on that tech in Homecoming to being able to make his own and put his own stamp on it in Far From Home, I feel we've seen Peter really moving past being a "protege".

Yep...also, after Homecoming made ZERO use of his Spider-Sense, seeing it used like this was very awesome. They took a LOT of people's complaints from Homecoming, and they listened. Better action, Spider-Sense, an Uncle Ben reference in the suitcase, and they kept the incredible villain. Also, less Iron Man.

As for Happy's pep talk, I felt it was a way to reinforce that Peter was in fact, on his own. There is no Iron Man to bail him out. All that's left are these tools...and the hands that work them now have to be his own. From being given a suit in Civil War to being dependent on that tech in Homecoming to being able to make his own and put his own stamp on it in Far From Home, I feel we've seen Peter really moving past being a "protege".

Yep, people say FFH doubled down on the "Iron Man Jr" stuff, but Happy explicitly says "you're not Iron Man. you're never gonna be Iron Man". I took that as Peter not trying to be Tony Jr and finding his own superhero to be. Which he does when he finally goes full-fledged Spider-Man in the climax.

Yep, people say FFH doubled down on the "Iron Man Jr" stuff, but Happy explicitly says "you're not Iron Man. you're never gonna be Iron Man". I took that as Peter not trying to be Tony Jr and finding his own superhero to be. Which he does when he finally goes full-fledged Spider-Man in the climax.

From the time he breaks out of the jail and meets up with Happy all the way to the end of the film, we are treated to everything that makes Spider man special.

-Vulnerability as he talks to Happy about how he screwed up and opens up about everything.

- Smarts , wits and creativity as he designs and customizes his own suit and also improvises without webshooters

-Abilities and Powers. Agility, durability, speed and strength are all in full display for that last fight.

- Heart....The dude takes a beating at the end and just keeps on pushing even though the odds seemed impossible. At one point during the drone chase he’s get blasted into a structure, turns as he’s falling and just starts desperately webbing any drone he sees while he’s on fire. Just an amazing visual that really shows how far his back is against the wall....

Here's a big question:

What does JK Simmons reprising the role of J Jonah Jameson from an entirely different previous Spider-Man production mean for actors reprising their roles in the MCU now? Does it open the way for them playing different iterations of their character?

Like McMahon reprising his role as Doom in MCU.

But no link between F4/Spidey 2000'movies and MCU

Eh...I don't think there's that many people clamoring for McMahon to play Doom again.

I wouldn't even want him to appear in a music video again.

Besides, McMahon already starred as the villain in Marvel's Runaways.

There were few weird moments like Mysterio and Peter sitting in a bar in full costume without there masks. I know it was a fake bar, but Peter didn't know that.

Also what made Mysterio so sure Peter would give him the EDITH glasses? It was quite a reach to assume he would be able to emotionally manipulate him enough to give him the glasses. Why not Nick Fury or Hawkeye? .

I thought that set up was a bit sloppy considering how perfectly well the other pieces of Mysterios plan were set up

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"