Endgame Qs/ things you liked/disliked/wanted to see in Endgame [SPOILERS]

"Where I come from, magic and science are one and the same."

The Gauntlet forged by a giant dwarve from the same "world" as the "god" that said that, mind you.

And the forger of the gauntlet did so for an alien flying around in space ships who had a cyborg adopted daughter.

If anything this is totally consistent with their presentation of these sort of things in the MCU. The actual outlier is Dr. Strange, so far the only franchise making a case for pure magic with no technobabble justifications. Look at the stones history without any bias and from the cube/space stone, the scepter/ mind stone, the power stone, the Aether/ reality stone... Those all where in some way subject to use by or affected through MCU high tech super science.

Myself, I actually am not down with the "science and magic are one and the same" jazz conceit. But the precedents are all clearly there in the MCU films with the stones as macguffins.

And yet Stormbreaker (forged by Eitri) could not be possessed by a mere human because their body would crumble and they would go crazy from madness.

The Russo's went about showing us in IW that there was this fantastical Nidavellir, which is the only place in the galaxy where items like that weapon and the Gauntlet could be forged. That's why Thor/Thanos sought Eitri out. Then they undo the uniqueness of it by quickly having Tony churn one out as a mechanism to move the plot and allow him his moment at the end. For me, it cheapens the whole thing.

I will say this though, I laughed hard when Rocket yelled "boom" after they attempted to attach the stones to their gauntlet.

not to nit pick as obviously half of the 327 million population of the US disappearing with the snap would be devastating, but if I read the population chart correctly that would be like the US returning to 1954 or 163 million - not really as bleak as presented in the film - baseball and things like that would surly still be going on...

Unlike the Wakandan Army which was already mobilizing Fury and Hill were driving down a street when snaptured. While they were able to mount up for Sokovia with no S.H.I.E.L.D how would they get in the fight?

In Avengers the National Guard and NYPD joined the fight as we wondered where the USAF was. And again at the Avengers HQ you have to wonder where they were. In Iron Man films they did make an appearance
Yeah sure, USAF. Them too.

Now that Quill is back on Earth for the first time since he left, I really wish GotG3 opens with them stopping by his old Missouri hometown for a visit before heading back to the stars. Check in with his granddad, introduce his space fam to the locals, throw a party at the tavern, hang some pictures on the wall for the tourists, things like that.

This has probably been asked and answered a bunch of times, but did Endgame retcon Captain Marvel's mid-credits scene? In that clip, Carol's first meeting with the Avengers is showing up to answer Fury's page, but in the film itself she's the one who brings Tony back to Earth.

And yet Stormbreaker (forged by Eitri) could not be possessed by a mere human because their body would crumble and they would go crazy from madness.

This isn't confirmed, when Thor said this to the Guardians he didn't even know it was Stormbreaker he was going to get. Or its properties. It was a guess/exaggeration/brag.

not to nit pick as obviously half of the 327 million population of the US disappearing with the snap would be devastating, but if I read the population chart correctly that would be like the US returning to 1954 or 163 million - not really as bleak as presented in the film - baseball and things like that would surly still be going on...

Its not just America, the whole world lost half its populate in a single moment. With zero explanation why or whether they would be coming back. This wasn't a prolonged war where casualties were expected and they could plan to deal with it and cope as the death toll rose every month/year. This happened in an instance. Half the world leaders dead. Nearly every family split in half. The more populous cities and entertainment locations would of taken the largest hit, people more likely to move out and live off the land (ala Tony Stark).

This has probably been asked and answered a bunch of times, but did Endgame retcon Captain Marvel's mid-credits scene? In that clip, Carol's first meeting with the Avengers is showing up to answer Fury's page, but in the film itself she's the one who brings Tony back to Earth.

I think she still shows up. Meets Widow/WarMachine/Cap etc and they ask her to go find Tony.

I would imagine theres a cut scene from the film where they ask her, otherwise its just left up to audience imagination.

Yeah sure, USAF. Them too.
One thing Whedon does better than the Russo's is bring the outside world into the scenes. How do you totally empty an airport in the time it took for the Avengers to decide to fight it out there?

I think she still shows up. Meets Widow/WarMachine/Cap etc and they ask her to go find Tony.

I would imagine theres a cut scene from the film where they ask her, otherwise its just left up to audience imagination.

Yes I think that mid credits scene didn’t fit in with the flow of the movie as they wanted how Tony got saved to be a surprise. So we are meant to fill in the gaps that they told her to go find him using coordinates.

One thing I disliked was that there was too much of Sharon Carter.........

I wish they had used the Jarnbjorn name for Thor's Axe-Hammer instead of Stormbreaker.

By year 5, baseball would be happening again. Also, trash piling up in streets is also silly.

I'm guessing a number of people would've been out of jobs when others were snapped. For example, if you were an employee of a business that relied on those higher up to make it run or for its continued success, then if the business went under, many employees would be out of work.

If you see big American cities not hit by the depression of half the loved ones, people and pets disappearing many already have trash piling up in selected parts. Just being told that we were seeing a time lapse sequence before the rat started its walk would work. The San Francisco that Scott Lang was walking in wasn't in that bad a shape.

The 5 year gap is definitely a concern of mine going forward. It's going to seem odd if the jump isn't an integral part of every upcoming MCU film. But I'm not sure I want it to be a major focus, and would rather they just move on.

I would have preferred a one year dusting. That would have had fewer long term implications and it would have been easier to ignore going forward.

Well he's right about Ant-Man going from one of the lightest franchises to potentially one of the darkest because of the consequences of the 5 year gap. It's impossible to overlook Cassie having aged, and if she grew up without any parents.

Okay overall I liked the movie.7/10. Dont kill me

....But I do have some criticisms.....

-The portion of the film that covered Antmans return to the assembling at the HQ was just too boring for me. It was long,badly paced and lacked tension. It really needed a Villain. This was my biggest gripe

-The handling of the Hulk in this movie is just too unsatisfying.Its bad enough we didn’t get Hulk Infinity war.They then went the additional step of resolving his hulk issues OFFSCREEN in endgame.He serves as an exposition tool throughout the movie.

Whats worse is that Smart Hulk isn’t a merge of Hulk and Banner,Its actually Banner in Hulk clothing.Hulks personality is dead. All the beautiful work of Thor Ragnarok gone to waste!

In retrospect they should have had Banner become Smart Hulk in Infinity war and then in Endgame give him a butt load of action in boring portion of the movie

-Thor was a mixed bag for me.I feel his depression was played too much for laughs and that the ending of this arc was an INSULT.Thors entire arc in the movies had been leading to him being a worthy king.He ultimately FAILS at this,gives up and decides to go to Space. Why exactly?

-The Time Travel rules were confusing to me in the movie and took me out a few times. The Exposition scenes could have been clearer.

-Juding by the fact the Russos and Writers cant agree on Old man Cap, Im going to write it off as a Plothole.They disobeyed ther own rules

-Movie just didn’t feel as tight as Infinity War.

[/Spoiler]

Okay overall I liked the movie.7/10. Dont kill me

....But I do have some criticisms.....

-The portion of the film that covered Antmans return to the assembling at the HQ was just too boring for me. It was long,badly paced and lacked tension. It really needed a Villain. This was my biggest gripe

-The handling of the Hulk in this movie is just too unsatisfying.Its bad enough we didn’t get Hulk Infinity war.They then went the additional step of resolving his hulk issues OFFSCREEN in endgame.He serves as an exposition tool throughout the movie.

Whats worse is that Smart Hulk isn’t a merge of Hulk and Banner,Its actually Banner in Hulk clothing.Hulks personality is dead. All the beautiful work of Thor Ragnarok gone to waste!

In retrospect they should have had Banner become Smart Hulk in Infinity war and then in Endgame give him a butt load of action in boring portion of the movie

-Thor was a mixed bag for me.I feel his depression was played too much for laughs and that the ending of this arc was an INSULT.Thors entire arc in the movies had been leading to him being a worthy king.He ultimately FAILS at this,gives up and decides to go to Space. Why exactly?

-The Time Travel rules were confusing to me in the movie and took me out a few times. The Exposition scenes could have been clearer.

-Juding by the fact the Russos and Writers cant agree on Old man Cap, Im going to write it off as a Plothole.They disobeyed ther own rules

-Movie just didn’t feel as tight as Infinity War.

[/Spoiler]

Like it or not, the Russos turned the rest of the cast into supporting characters for Tony and Steve. Some of them had big roles, others were used oddly and some were brushed aside. I don't think anyone got shorter shrift than the Hulk.

While some accepted those choices and enjoyed it anyway, others had issues with them.

Meh, I think leaving the five year gap was intentional and will play into an eventual reboot of the MCU down the line....

They had to at least temporarily break from the older set of actors.

I still think that Tonys snap will eventually lead RDJ to returning as some form of the Magus down the road. The original infinity saga was played out in 3 parts. Thanos was just the first.. other grim consequences follow... not totally fixing everything leaves the window open...

Strongly disliked how it was almost a Cap fan service movie. Agree with this post from Reddit, sums up a lot of issues I had.

Infinity War was much better IMO

C3093A7F-BC48-4C5C-BF63-0343FB89FFC2.png

Strongly disliked how it was almost a Cap fan service movie. Agree with this post from Reddit, sums up a lot of issues I had.

Infinity War was much better IMO

View attachment 26687
Funny since the Cap self proclaimed fans along with the slash fiction writers have been the biggest critics about how their character ended his story.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kimcity
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"