• Secure your account

A friendly reminder to our users, please make sure your account is safe. Make sure you update your password and have an active email address to recover or change your password.

Venom RATE and REVIEW the teaser trailer of VENOM

Venom is #2 on trending on Youtube.

So far on the official Sony Pictures Entertainment channel, Venom currently has 161k likes to 19k dislikes. On JoBlo the trailer has 861 likes and 89 dislikes. The 4K version has 476 likes and 27 dislikes. On Movieclips Trailers it has 34k likes and 2k dislikes.

Seems to me this is hardly a universally hated teaser and has done a pretty decent job at gaining traction in the marketplace.

it's not so much about how good or bad a job the teaser did, it was basically just inoffensive. compared to say the ghostbusters trailer or the infinite warfare trailer that have overwhelming amounts of dislikes

it's not so much about how good or bad a job the teaser did, it was basically just inoffensive. compared to say the ghostbusters trailer or the infinite warfare trailer that have overwhelming amounts of dislikes

Despite me really liking the teaser I can understand this POV. I was using the Youtube context for this thread specifically, where there are more 1 ratings then anything else on the board. Not really an accurate representation of the big picture. There are a lot of folks who dig the teaser and are intrigued by this.

Despite me really liking the teaser I can understand this POV. I was using the Youtube context for this thread specifically, where there are more 1 ratings then anything else on the board. Not really an accurate representation of the big picture. There are a lot of folks who dig the teaser and are intrigued by this.

I would venture to say that most people intrigued by this are the hardcore - people who are more aware of what this Venom is. As well as Tom Hardy fans. The casual audience might see this as generic though.

I would venture to say that most people intrigued by this are the hardcore - people who are more aware of what this Venom is. As well as Tom Hardy fans. The casual audience might see this as generic though.

I have no way of knowing, it's possible. What I do know is that every channel I've seen which has uploaded the trailer is significantly more positive then negative in terms of likes. Could be better, but certainly much worse.

I have no way of knowing, it's possible. What I do know is that every channel I've seen which has uploaded the trailer is significantly more positive then negative in terms of likes. Could be better, but certainly much worse.

yeah but like I said the reason why there's mostly likes instead of dislikes is because the trailer is inoffensive as a teaser. there's not really anything in the content of the trailer to actually give way to dislike it.

I think there are genuine things to like as well. :yay:

I think there are genuine things to like as well. :yay:

There were certainly plenty of things I liked :woot:

And we didn't even get a glimpse of the true action or title character.. So I'd say it's a good start with plenty of room left to excite and impress us

There were certainly plenty of things I liked :woot:

And we didn't even get a glimpse of the true action or title character.. So I'd say it's a good start with plenty of room left to excite and impress us

Heh, what can I say? Other then I'm glad I'm not alone in digging this thing :up:

Could turn out terrible, but right now it looks like Sony could have a really tight action/thriller in the making.

Heh, what can I say? Other then I'm glad I'm not alone in digging this thing :up:

Could turn out terrible, but right now it looks like Sony could have a really tight action/thriller in the making.

Ha same. And what can I say, other than I always like to be optimistic and open-minded, and would much prefer awesome movies that I love get made than bad ones

And yeah, although we haven't seen much (almost nothing), everything I have seen leads me to continuing being optimistic. And it's been said before and may be tired by now, but it's kind of hard to shrug off Tom Hardy and Michelle Williams. No guarantees of quality, but certainly a weighty coin on the positive side

Last edited:

The omission of Venom meant very little to me. It's logical that Sony would hold off on that to keep online speculation going. The big news is that the films appears to spend a good deal of time exploring Eddie's back story and presumably making the symbiote more than just a prop. That's exciting.

The omission of Venom meant very little to me. It's logical that Sony would hold off on that to keep online speculation going. The big news is that the films appears to spend a good deal of time exploring Eddie's back story and presumably making the symbiote more than just a prop. That's exciting.

These are my thoughts exactly too :up:

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stevezorz
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"