• Secure your account

A friendly reminder to our users, please make sure your account is safe. Make sure you update your password and have an active email address to recover or change your password.

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) We may experience a temporary downtime. Thanks for the patience.

Venom RATE and REVIEW the teaser trailer of VENOM

Yeah, there is definite bias involved, but as someone who desperately wants the Marvel Universe all under one roof, I can understand it. That being said there is no way this warrants a 1 imho. I'm obviously on an island here having given it an 8.5 rating, but I'm more then comfortable being there. Too much talent here for me to just brush this aside for a mere teaser.

Noone is brushing aside the movie. But there was nothing in the teaser to be hyped about. The movie has the talent, but what they showed was the most generic cut they could have released.

Crap. 1/10. Like the movie is most probably going to be.

more i rewatch trailer i actually do really like what it presents the story they want to do is very interesting aswell

Kinda meh. I still think it's possible that the movie will be entertaining, but there's nothing in the trailer that's got me excited.

I'll fully admit that I'm biased against this movie but there's no denying that this was a terrible teaser. Generic as hell and completely uninteresting.

I gave it a 2 and not a 1 simply because Tom Hardy's involvement isn't nothing.

What I like is that I never would have guessed that it was a Venom movie. But, I thought for sure we'd at least get a glimpse of him...

I wasn't expecting to see Venom since they barely finished shooting but at least try to make the rest of the film look interesting. That teaser failed to stir up any excitement.

As others have said, it's the venom trailer, but no actual venom? Not even the briefest of teases?

I'll give it a 0/10, that's the best I can do. Very disappointing.

wtf? a 0/10 would be like if the trailer was 10 seconds long with no dialogue, just a blank screen with the last 3 seconds showing the movie name and credits/release date

A lot of people didn't even know a Venom movie was in production. I think there was zero necessity for them to actually show Venom in this. Sure the teaser was 'underwhelming,' but they could have just had the Venom 'face' and logo at the end and had that be the entire thing, and IMO it would've been fine. To me this was just telling the world that a Venom movie will be coming out in the near future.

And also, I personally really liked his VO dialogue. I've known about this movie for a long time, so it was obviously disappointing not to see any Venom, but in terms of just making the general public aware that this is happening, I thought it was perfectly serviceable.. I'm sure we'll get more footage/info/pics soon

I don't believe we needed to see full-on Venom either, but the teaser was still disappointing. Just a bunch of random shots and random generic voice over about demons and such.

No Venom shot isn't a big deal at this point because there will be several trailers on the way. What grabbed me was the dark visuals and tormented nature of the main character. At least, that how it seems to be portrayed at this point. Since that's how Eddie's story should be, the trailer gave me more reason to hope.

The trailer was underwhelming. I can't deny that. Being a huge Venom fan I want this movie to do well and quiet all the critics of the character. But it does worry me. I mean,no origin story first with Spidey getting the symbiote,introducing Brock,;etc,etc...ala Spider-man 3. I know that I wanted a Spider-man vs. Venom movie first and then you could spin him off into his own film. And there's really been no buildup thus far,at least not like any other Marvel movie would have. Like most have already said here,if you didn't know about this movie or know who Venom was this trailer is easily forgettable. But I'm still excited about what could be. It was just a teaser,I'll admit not a great one though,but still just a teaser. I think people these days are so used to trailers showing everything that this one disappointed many. But I'll see how the next trailer goes,when they have more CGI complete,before I really judge.

I really can't believe how disappointed some people are by this, with the movie still being 8 months away, and with presumably ~ 99% of the actual character being CGI

This *teaser* conveyed the tone of the movie, [presumably] the core story/motivation for the character and plot, and that a Venom movie even exists. Most people probably didn't know that. So I really don't know why some people are so peeved. I obviously wanted to see Venom, but for a movie that's this far away, wanted to get something out there but not reveal too much, and literally just finished filming, I thought this was pretty great. I've seen much worse teasers, or even full-blown trailers before. This essentially showed nothing, and it still held my attention and interest

I definitely understand how/why people would be disappointed by it, it's definitely not 'mind-blowing' or anything, but I feel like people forget what the traditional teaser trailer is

No Venom shot isn't a big deal at this point because there will be several trailers on the way. What grabbed me was the dark visuals and tormented nature of the main character. At least, that how it seems to be portrayed at this point. Since that's how Eddie's story should be, the trailer gave me more reason to hope.

This is all I was looking for, a sense of tone and a bit of insight in terms of where they are taking Eddie's character. I like where they seem to be headed with this. :up:

And yeah, people are now aware that a Venom film is on the way.

Some teasers are basically just trailers, and some teasers show/tell literally nothing. I personally prefer the latter for a teaser trailer, and this definitely showed/demonstrated a few things at least. For giving away as little as they did, I thought they did a pretty good job

This is all I was looking for, a sense of tone and a bit of insight in terms of where they are taking Eddie's character. I like where they seem to be headed with this. :up:

And yeah, people are now aware that a Venom film is on the way.

My thoughts exactly. It actually told/showed more about the movie than I expected. I really really liked his VO too, and what it says about the character/movie.

Add a badass Venom, doing BA cgi Venom stuff, fighting BA symbiotic villains (maybe Carnage), to this kinda sci-fi/thriller, character driven film, and I'm totally sold

My thoughts exactly. It actually told/showed more about the movie than I expected. I really really liked his VO too, and what it says about the character/movie.

Add a badass Venom, doing BA cgi Venom stuff, fighting BA symbiotic villains (maybe Carnage), to this kinda sci-fi/thriller, character driven film, and I'm totally sold

Exactly. As a huge Venom fan myself this is all I could ask for.

Now I do hope there is a Spider-Man connection with the origin and even better if that Holland/Peter Parker cameo turns out to be true, otherwise I'd definitely be less enthused about this, but until that point I'm going to choose to embrace what I see as the huge positives for this project. :up:

Exactly. As a huge Venom fan myself this is all I could ask for.

Now I do hope there is a Spider-Man connection with the origin and even better if that Holland/Peter Parker cameo turns out to be true, otherwise I'd definitely be less enthused about this, but until that point I'm going to choose to embrace what I see as the huge positives for this project. :up:

Absolutely

I'd love even just like a little flashback scene between Brock and Spidey agreeing upon their truce, maybe in like a dark alley where all you see is Spidey's back or silhouette. That would be enough for me

But like you said, until that either happens or doesn't, I'm going to embrace the positives, which IMO there are quite a few. And like I said before, regardless of the 'overall' trailer, not one thing in it actually looked bad to me. Which I personally think is a big sigh of relief and extremely promising, so I'm definitely still excited and optimistic

People now know there's a Venom movie coming out, with Tom Hardy starring and Michelle Williams.. Us as anticipated fans may have been underwhelmed, but I'm sure that's 'mission accomplished' for the teaser. They have plenty of time to properly hype us and blow our minds.

I'd rather officially see Venom too late than too early. To me that says they actually have confidence in the story and their product and don't necessarily think they need to rely on Venom (as ridiculous as that sounds for a 'Venom' movie) to sell it

1 no shot of venom not even a voice over of venom and looks like it could be a trailer for any thing and tells you zero about what this is. If I saw this trailer with out knowing it was coming out I wouldn't even think or know it was for a venom movie.

1 no shot of venom not even a voice over of venom and looks like it could be a trailer for any thing and tells you zero about what this is. If I saw this trailer with out knowing it was coming out I wouldn't even think or know it was for a venom movie.

I love how people complain trailers give away everything nowadays, and they release a teaser that gives you just enough to know there's a Venom movie with Tom Hardy coming out this year, and everyone whines and complains they didn't see Venom. It's still 8 months away, there probably isn't 1 single fully rendered shot of Venom even completed yet, they just finished filming

Our nanosecond attention span society, where everyone wants everything now, quickly, in gif form, so they can move on to the next thing, can't appreciate, or at least even accept a movie teaser where they simply give you a few basic plot points and overall feeling for a movie (all a teaser really should or needs to do), and somehow that's complete and utter garbage and unacceptable.. I just don't get it

It tells you about a man who is haunted and being hunted. It tells you it's a dark psychological thriller/horror. It tells you it's science fiction. It hint's at something much greater and darker to come with the final shot and VO transitioning to the Venom eyes turning into a V. Then is says Venom.Movie #Venom, which will read much bigger when people see it in the theater....Pretty much the definition of a teaser. It seems to me they communicated everything they needed to at this time, in part due to having just finished the film. It may not be everything people wanted or expected, but it's hardly offensive.

It tells you about a man who is haunted and being hunted. It tells you it's a dark psychological thriller/horror. It tells you it's science fiction. It hint's at something much greater and darker to come with the final shot and VO transitioning to the Venom eyes turning into a V. Then is says Venom.Movie #Venom, which will read much bigger when people see it in the theater....Pretty much the definition of a teaser. It seems to me they communicated everything they wanted to at this time, in part due to having just finished the film.

Spot on. All of that is exactly what this trailer conveyed, and I think that's absolutely perfect

Was this a crazy, awesome, exciting 'hype-building' teaser? Of course not. But that's definitely not what it was trying to do. That can come later. But it very effectively conveyed a lot of information, about something that was essentially totally unknown

I love how people complain trailers give away everything nowadays, and they release a teaser that gives you just enough to know there's a Venom movie with Tom Hardy coming out this year, and everyone whines and complains they didn't see Venom. It's still 8 months away, there probably isn't 1 single fully rendered shot of Venom even completed yet, they just finished filming

Our nanosecond attention span society, where everyone wants everything now, quickly, in gif form, so they can move on to the next thing, can't appreciate, or at least even accept a movie teaser where they simply give you a few basic plot points and overall feeling for a movie (all a teaser really should or needs to do), and somehow that's complete and utter garbage and unacceptable.. I just don't get it

The whole trailers give away to much is not true. Most the time they only way you see to much is if you watch all the tv spots has there are like a million different ones. Trailers on the other hand you get like 3 or so and some of the stuff in them you will see being shown in multiple trailers.

Spot on. All of that is exactly what this trailer conveyed, and I think that's absolutely perfect

Was this a crazy, awesome, exciting 'hype-building' teaser? Of course not. But that's definitely not what it was trying to do. That can come later. But it very effectively conveyed a lot of information, about something that was essentially totally unknown

Yeah, you can argue whether it whetted your appetite or not, which is fair, you can do this for any full trailer as well, but this teaser got it's basic points and premise across to me and that's all I'm looking for (and need) in a teaser. It's gotten me excited. :word:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"