The Amazing Spider-Man 2 Rate the NEW ASM2 costume!!! - Part 1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Love the latest iteration of the suit. Never warmed up to the last one.

As far as adapting a costume goes this is even better than the Rami suit!

I'm curious if they'll continue to modify the suit for the third instalment.

^ I was thinking about that too and wouldn't mind it as long as they're improvements/upgrades.

Utility belt. Brighter blue/red.

I do not want a utility belt. And I think the colors are fine.

I agree about utility belt, I don't want it. He could keep a couple of cartridges in small, not visible pockets or something.

I prefer the color scheme that they've produced with this new suit--darker hues with deep, rich tones. And I think I would prefer not to have a utility belt, especially if they were planning on using the belt that was featured in the ASM video game. After all, it was Sony that pushed Beenox/Activision to make a belt for the suit. Not saying that's proof it was indeed Sony's design but it's very possible.

Utility belt. Brighter blue/red.

I do not want a utility belt. And I think the colors are fine.

I agree about utility belt, I don't want it. He could keep a couple of cartridges in small, not visible pockets or something.

I don't want a utility belt either. Well a visible one.

Their goal was to capture the classic iconography of Spider-Man and a utility belt isn't that.

What improvements I'd want then to make would be to enhance the textures of the suit. It's kinda hard to explain. But to enhance the "movie magic" look to it where you go, "oooh ahhhh". (E.g. The TASM suit in the car their scene)

But then again maybe this simplified textured look is intended because they didn't want anything fancy.

Of course I'm judging based off of all the pics we have and no official footage haha.

Better than Raimi and more comic Accurate, but not a good evoultion from the ASM suit, too drastic a change

^I agree. The suit looks great, but the big change from the first one kind of feels like a loss of cohesion in the franchise. Going off pics alone, keep in mind.

The first costume really grew on me and looks great in the movie. But I can't deny that this one finally looks like Spider-Man ripped from the page and put on screen, and will undoubtedly look great in the movie also.

You know, that Facebook cover photo with Spidey pointing his shooters on a white background is better than any of images released for the first film. It has a lot of personality. Just a great tone to it. Perfect for Spidey. The new suit has a lot to do with it. Those eyes are perfect and so expressive.

This photo from the first movie had me pumped, I had it as a background for a lonnnng time.

the-amazing-spider-man-4258

Last edited:
I thought this thread died out, glad to see it back

Better than Raimi and more comic Accurate, but not a good evoultion from the ASM suit, too drastic a change

i agree with this would´ve been cool see this suit in the third movie and one more like the first one but with the lenses and subtlr changes for this one

I actually think it is a good evolution, TASM was all about Peter being a vigilante till he saved the kid on the bridge. Remember how originally the kid was scared of Spider-man till he took off his mask? I think now since hes not a vigilante, he wanted to change his costume to show hes here to help and not really be a menace.

Last edited:
It will be interesting to see if the different suit is acknowledged at all.

I actually think it is a good evolution, TASM was all about Peter being a vigilante till he saved the kid on the bridge. Remember how originally the kid was scared of Spider-man till he took off his mask? I think now since hes not a vigilante, he wanted to change his costume to show hes here to help and not really be a menace.

That's been a common theory around here and one that I support. Peter changed his costume or maybe even Gwen had a hand in changing it to help with his public image. ASM suit looks scary, threatening, very spider-like whereas the ASM2 suit appears brighter and the larger eyes are inviting.

It will be interesting to see if the different suit is acknowledged at all.

I don't necessarily need this info for it to work. However, it may lend itself to his story and the details would be nice.

that is by far the smartest theory yet :up: I wouldn't be surprised at all if this was exactly what they would do

Damn. Well said Blake.

Well, TASM was just symbolic and had a lot of underlying themes, so to me, I really wouldn't be surprised if this was the reason for changing the suit. I personally feel like they were going to change the suit even if the fans hadn't complained about the one used in TASM

Although I like the theory, I still don't think it's practical. Spider-Man is known, he's the word around town. Changing his costume isn't going to change his image. His symbol is the spider, and that stayed the same. The graffiti of the spider symbol is the exact same one that's on his chest and back in the new costume. They're going to explain it somehow, I hope it's a good explanation.

Although I like the theory, I still don't think it's practical. Spider-Man is known, he's the word around town. Changing his costume isn't going to change his image. His symbol is the spider, and that stayed the same. The graffiti of the spider symbol is the exact same one that's on his chest and back in the new costume. They're going to explain it somehow, I hope it's a good explanation.

To me, it seems like through TASM, Spider-man was just a myth, a legend and didn't become fully known till he saved the kid and then stopped Conners. Almost the entire time as Spider-man in TASM was shot in the dark and Spidey was in vigilante mode the entire movie.

We haven't even seen a picture of him, no front cover or anything on the Daily Bugle.

I'm curious if they'll continue to modify the suit for the third instalment.

Most likely, they are going to come back to the suit and see how it can be better filming wise or story. The Raimi suit changed each film. Most likely it will remain similar to it is now unless Garfied decides to stalk the meat aisle at the grocery store.

Most likely, they are going to come back to the suit and see how it can be better filming wise or story. The Raimi suit changed each film. Most likely it will remain similar to it is now unless Garfied decides to stalk the meat aisle at the grocery store.

No it didn't.

It changed once for SM2, then remained the same for SM3.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"