The Amazing Spider-Man 2 Rate the NEW ASM2 costume!!! - Part 1

Status
Not open for further replies.
As much as people hate raised webbing, I don't think it'd look right without it. Not a fan of the silvery grey color, but with the black it looks nice.

No it didn't.

It changed once for SM2, then remained the same for SM3.

The suit in SM3 actually is different than the SM2 suit. If I remember correctly, Acheson (costume designer) says on the SM3 dvd that there are more changes in the suit between 2 and 3 than there were between 1 and 2. The changes may be subtle, but it's definitely a different suit.

Yep, you are correct sir. One of which was blacks were a deep blue.

I liked the texture of the suit in TASM 1. However, this new costume makes up for it by changing the lenses. I just love the big white lenses.

No to utility belt. Yes to backpack.

Where is he supposed to keep his web cartridges?

I liked the texture of the suit in TASM 1. However, this new costume makes up for it by changing the lenses. I just love the big white lenses.

No to utility belt. Yes to backpack.

I don't want the utility belt either. Well a visible one at least. I always took it off in the game.

I wouldn't mind if they show him reach for his cartridges from his belt but under his suit but I doubt they're gonna do that in this movie.
And the backpack? Hell yes. Here and there at least. Not all the time but in some shots of him swinging for sure. They didn't have too much of that in TASM1. Just in the suit reveal which I thought was cool. Definitely a nod to USM imo.

Web backpack.

tumblr_mt3fy2Z4Vx1rlsdpso1_500.jpg

Found this set pic yesterday, and I have to say , the belt looks amazing here. At first I really didn't like the one on this suit that much thanks to other pics, but here it looks great.

Last edited:
A lot of hyperbole going on here, the new suit is nice but I fail to see how it "blows out of the water" the raimi suits? Which I thought looked great and which this suit obviously borrows heavily from.

Still the gold standard imo:

spider-man-sam-raimi-900x500.jpg

Everytime i see the new suit i go DAAAAAAAAAM!!!!! like i'm lookin at a fine ass girl.

A lot of hyperbole going on here, the new suit is nice but I fail to see how it "blows out of the water" the raimi suits? Which I thought looked great and which this suit obviously borrows heavily from.

Personally the ASM2 costume just fixes all the problems I had with the SM1-3 suits. Mostly color-related stuff. That and the new eyes are amazing.

And this suit doesn't really "heavily" borrow from the Raimi suits. I mean, it's a comic-accurate Spider-Man costume, of course they're similar. The only things that are truly the same between the suits are the little brick pattern on the print. The eyes are different, the webbing is different (in color and in pattern), the colors are different, the materials are different, even the overall layout is really different.

Still the gold standard imo:

spider-man-sam-raimi-900x500.jpg

My issue with the Raimi suits are that they look like a sleek, high quality "movie version" of the Spider-Man suit, rather than just looking like a Spider-Man costume.

Period.

The thing that puts the new one above all others is how simple and kinda dinky it looks. It really does look like a costume.

When people compare it to cosplays, that is a very good description of it.

To be honest I think what gives the new suit a "cosplay" look is the lack of muscle definition to it. So it kinda looks like an average joe is under-it as opposed to a well physically defined super-hero as spider-man is always depicted as.

I'm not saying they should have copied the Raimi under-padding but more of the MoS suit definition, where the actor's natural muscles are the basis of the suit definition. The new suit looks too flat to me in that regards.

If they had implemented that I probably would put it over the raimi suits.

To be honest I think what gives the new suit a "cosplay" look is the lack of muscle definition to it. So it kinda looks like an average joe is under-it as opposed to a well physically defined super-hero as spider-man is always depicted as.

I'm not saying they should have copied the Raimi under-padding but more of the MoS suit definition, where the actor's natural muscles are the basis of the suit definition. The new suit looks too flat to me in that regards.

If they had implemented that I probably would put it over the raimi suits.

Or maybe its because these are set pics, and not technically the finished product. They don't have any movie magic right now.

I'm not a fan of the triangular eyes, silver webbing or how the blue got progressively darker.

I'm not a fan of the triangular eyes, silver webbing or how the blue got progressively darker.

The eyes and the almost black blue bothered me so much

I'm reading this tonight and couldn't help but think of the new TASM2 suit when viewing this cover.
detail.jpg

As much as people hate raised webbing, I don't think it'd look right without it. Not a fan of the silvery grey color, but with the black it looks nice.

Jesus, people hate raised webbing here?

tumblr_mt3fy2Z4Vx1rlsdpso1_500.jpg

Found this set pic yesterday, and I have to say , the belt looks amazing here. At first I really didn't like the one on this suit that much thanks to other pics, but here it looks great.
Still the best looking suit
I'll wait for the movie to fully appreciate the suit in action

Still the best looking suit
I'll wait for the movie to fully appreciate the suit in action

Yeah seriously. The suit looks awesome in that photo. Eyes look good from that angle too.

Someone here said this suit looks more like a costume now. I like that idea.

Just wish it was more vibrant. Looks better in Nicko's avatar.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"