Red Dead Redemption Coming To The Big Screen?

If Rockstar actually has a big role in the development of this movie, then it won't.

And they better use the freaking soundtrack from the game

perfect song for the end of the film when John is about to die

pitt-jessejames1_1282844133.jpg

John_Marston-RDR_1282844162.jpg

Last edited:
Hell, they better get the composers of the game back for a potential movie. It's easily one of the best game soundtracks this generation, if not ever.

Brian Doyle Murray should totally play Nigel West Dickens.

PS: I didn't really like The Assassination of Jesse James by Etcetera Etcetera and So On and So Forth. :/

Last edited:
Ok first off i just want to say why do people hate Jessica Alba so much. I casted her in that role because think about it, they usually have a sexy female character that is way over the top for the role she does. Theron would be too serious, without the sexual tension between marston and bonne then people just wouldnt buy the realisum.

I chose Pacino on looks and character - but i realise now he is to old to play the part. Just because he is italian doesnt mean he cant play a mexican.

I dont know what you mean by Trejo being ALL Bad for that role? do you mean that in a good or bad way?

I like woody harrelson think he should be in more movies, when i first saw seth in red dead redemption i immediatly thought of him. One thing though - he would have to loose a serious amount of weight for the role.

there wasn't really THAT much sexual tension between Marston and Bonnie. Infact, all of the tension was on Bonnie's side...Marston made it clear he's a married man. Alba just doesn't fit the part at all. She is too pretty-girl to be believable as the daughter of a rancher who works hard. Alba doesn't look like she's done a hard job even one day in her life. :)

there wasn't really THAT much sexual tension between Marston and Bonnie. Infact, all of the tension was on Bonnie's side...Marston made it clear he's a married man. Alba just doesn't fit the part at all. She is too pretty-girl to be believable as the daughter of a rancher who works hard. Alba doesn't look like she's done a hard job even one day in her life. :)

No there wasnt any sexual tension but because the movie they will ulter it to have a sexy female lead with that sexual tension. You have to think of what they will change for there movie

Off A I didn't mention anything abouting hating her(even though her acting is nothing to brag about) and B she is MEXICAN its bad enough she played Susan Storm but you think a Mexican can pull off playing a Full Caucasian women in the 1910's Amongst racial Tension and it would be ok? No no sir it wouldn't she is completly all bad for the role...
And C are you freaking kidding me? Theron can only be serious and can't create Sexual Tension??? Have you seen Reindeer Games?
Theron is an Amazing Actress and can be very chameleon like in her performances

Yes yes it does... Mexicans and Italians arents interchangable by your Logic why didn't they cast Deniro as Machete or Pacino as Zorro :o

Cuban's can pass as Mexicans,so can Puerto Ricans,Brazilians,Spainards,South Americans,Central Americans.... you know "Latins" not Italians... thas insulting.

I mean Bad,NO Good.. Trejo is all bad. Trejo is not right at all for that role.

No he would I should lose some weight but not be the Spitting image of seth.. what's most important about seth is his Character,his body weight isn't crucial.

Jessica Alba is mexican granted, but your forgetting that Red Dead Redemption is set on the border between Mexico and America, The year was 1911 - during this period more Mexicans were living in America. If the game was set somewhere early in the days of the wild west then i would agree that racial tension would of been there but when they entered the 1900's that was less of an issue. Now if you look at Bonnie you see that yes she looks more caucasion but you dont exactly see her mother and she looks more inline with her father so her mother could be mexican, it maybe why the macfarlens settled there. I dont dislike Therion i just feel she is wrong for the role, in comparison to the rest of the cast i had, you could cast Therion but she wouldnt be that extra edge that the studio would want. See if you make that movie they will change the story to make it linner, they will want to make the characters of John Marston and Bonnie have more sexual tension, i couldnt see that if Therion was in that role because she is a very strong actor at playing strong female characters. So you need someone who is there for purely eye candy. Bonnie on film wont be the same Bonnie we know in the game.

And firstly i guess you feel offended about an Italian could play a Mexican comment. I dont know why you feel like that unless you are Mexican or Italian. But i would just like to add that i have seem lots of actors from italy playing mexican roles before. Have you ever watched some of those old western movies. - Besides i didnt think along the lines of an Italian could play a Mexican, all i see is that the character of De-Santa looks alot like a young Al Pacino. They just look similar, im not saying all Italians can play Mexicans no all im sayling is De-Santa looks like a young version of Al Pacino.

Red Dead Redemption MOVIE?...AWESOME!

Although I could see Hugh Jackman more as John... Brad Pitt could probably pull it off too.

He wouldnt be right for the role, Hugh Jackman and Brad Pitt has good qualities, where as you want someone who looks terrible, jacman and pitt are just too good.

Jessica Alba is mexican granted, but your forgetting that Red Dead Redemption is set on the border between Mexico and America, The year was 1911 - during this period more Mexicans were living in America. If the game was set somewhere early in the days of the wild west then i would agree that racial tension would of been there but when they entered the 1900's that was less of an issue. Now if you look at Bonnie you see that yes she looks more caucasion but you dont exactly see her mother and she looks more inline with her father so her mother could be mexican, it maybe why the macfarlens settled there. I dont dislike Therion i just feel she is wrong for the role, in comparison to the rest of the cast i had, you could cast Therion but she wouldnt be that extra edge that the studio would want. See if you make that movie they will change the story to make it linner, they will want to make the characters of John Marston and Bonnie have more sexual tension, i couldnt see that if Therion was in that role because she is a very strong actor at playing strong female characters. So you need someone who is there for purely eye candy. Bonnie on film wont be the same Bonnie we know in the game.

And firstly i guess you feel offended about an Italian could play a Mexican comment. I dont know why you feel like that unless you are Mexican or Italian. But i would just like to add that i have seem lots of actors from italy playing mexican roles before. Have you ever watched some of those old western movies. - Besides i didnt think along the lines of an Italian could play a Mexican, all i see is that the character of De-Santa looks alot like a young Al Pacino. They just look similar, im not saying all Italians can play Mexicans no all im sayling is De-Santa looks like a young version of Al Pacino.

Ah, see that's the thing. Bonnie IS a strong female character. She's no milk-toast. She works hard on a farm that's under attack by a gang, she's not hiding in a cupboard somewhere when they come. She refuses to leave the farm and would rather fight and die. Heck, she wears pants, which in that day was almost taboo. Bonnie has to be played by an actress that can display a strong will. And I've never really seen Alba do a role that made her seem like she is capable of being taken serious in a strong role.

I kinda hoped they'd make a movie based on the first game.

Ah, see that's the thing. Bonnie IS a strong female character. She's no milk-toast. She works hard on a farm that's under attack by a gang, she's not hiding in a cupboard somewhere when they come. She refuses to leave the farm and would rather fight and die. Heck, she wears pants, which in that day was almost taboo. Bonnie has to be played by an actress that can display a strong will. And I've never really seen Alba do a role that made her seem like she is capable of being taken serious in a strong role.

So just because she hasnt done a strong female fighting role she is not capable of doing so. I have to disagree on this point - nobody thought Will Smith could do a serious role. But look at 8 Pounds, Persuit Of Happiness - he clearly can act, but did you think he would be able to do those roles... What about Bill Murry in Lost In Translation? Joseph Gordon-Levitt mostly know for comedy and rom-com films yet he was excellent as the Cobra Comander in GIJoe... which to me there are lots of actors out there that given the right role can and will be excellent. The only difference between Alba and Therion is that Therion has had more oppertunities to do it on screen.

John looks like a cross between Karl Urban and Hugh Jackman. Doesn't mean I want either to play them.

But I started playing the game and it's ****ing great. I really like how good John is, but who has had past problems and is trying to turn a new leaf. It's been a while since we've seen cut and dry good guys in westerns, at least for me.

John looks like a cross between Karl Urban and Hugh Jackman. Doesn't mean I want either to play them.

But I started playing the game and it's ****ing great. I really like how good John is, but who has had past problems and is trying to turn a new leaf. It's been a while since we've seen cut and dry good guys in westerns, at least for me.

Glad to hear you like it. :up: How far in are you?

I just started going through it again myself.

i completed the game a while ago, didnt like the ending to much (Dont worry i wont spoil it) but that game is brilliant but there could of been a few better things in it, just a few minor tweaks

The Assassination of Jesse James was one of the best films of the last decade, IMO. Underrated tour de force. Hypnotic visuals, strong performances from Pitt and the whole supporting cast, amazing performances from Sam Rockwell and especially Casey Affleck. If NCFOM hadn't come out that year, Affleck would have been a lock for the Oscar.

So Pitt playing this role is fine. I actually think it will make a pretty good movie if they flesh out the characters more (particularly John, the lead BI (pre-FBI) guy, and Bonnie) with the whole story of failed redemption, sins of our fathers, etc Cliché for a western right down to its libertarian streak that contradicts itself thematically? Yes. Could it make a great movie? For once from a video game, sure.

I actually like the idea of Christian Bale playing John Marsten a lot. I also think Eric Bana would have been great in that role. But Brad Pitt is a solid choice. You need someone with grit. And while pretty, Mr. Pitt has shown in films like The Assassination of Jesse James and to a campier extent Inglourious Basterds that he has what it takes.

Glad to hear you like it. :up: How far in are you?

I just started going through it again myself.

I finished up Bonnie's barn being on fire. Seth and Wilcox are opened.

The Marshall's missions are alot of fun.

The writing is sharp too. I think this would make a great film. It's kind of a blessing you don't have a major plotline. That way the writers won't have to worry about faithfullness. Just take the basic plot and what works best but make something cinematic.

I can't see anyone playing Bonnie at the moment. I kind of think it's best for an unknown for her. With Marston, Urban would be nice, but I can't see him headlining such a big film and story. He's a solid actor and likeable one. But I don't think he can handle playing a leading character with alot of drama.

Oh Karl Urban is So John Marston

JohnMastern.png

This is him playing a character in a new movie called Priest

Karl Urban would be good

Hes a good actor and I was a bit iffy on whether he'd be a good John but him in the Priest trailer looked really Western badass

EDIT: But I dont know if him (or Pitt) have that rough, gritty voice that John has

Last edited:
Urban was pretty badass in the surprisingly good Priest trailer.

To those of you who haven't plyaed this game. Please, just don't see the film just because you heard it was amazing or because you're a movie buff. Actually play the game. You really have no idea what you are missing out on.

I've played and completed the game.........twice. and unlocked all the costumes. Hated the ending to the game though.

I actually hope they turn this into a 2 part film, Ending the first one with
john leaving for Mexico
just so they don't try to cram so much Into 1 film.

I've played and completed the game.........twice. and unlocked all the costumes. Hated the ending to the game though.
Yeah me too
I wish
that it ended when John and his family are brought together, he sleeps with his wife, then John puts on his hat

I actually hope they turn this into a 2 part film, Ending the first one with
john leaving for Mexico
just so they don't try to cram so much Into 1 film.
Damn thats actually a good idea. And have it released in the same year like Reloaded and Revolutions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"