Red Dead Redemption Coming To The Big Screen?

Alba doesn't even look the part, nevermind the fact that she isn't a good actress. Theron is the obvious choice.

I think Viggo M would be a good John M, IMO. He and Theron proved they have fantastic chemistry in The Road

Pacino? Yeah.....

But Eastwood is EASTWOOD. That has to count for something.:o

But if not him, then definitely Sam Elliot for that role.

heres my casting ideas

RedDeadMovieCast.png

This is the most random fancasting I've ever seen. Kudos.

Some of them aren't too bad actually. I'd just get rid of Alba as McFarlane, dear lord no, not her.

Charlize Theron is the only actress I can see playing McFarlane.

I got a feeling I'm the minority here, but I think Sigourney Weaver would be a good choice.

The only one I feel would be spot on that list is Richard Dreyfuss
its almost too good.

After watching 3:10 to Yuma, Peter Fonda would make a great retired Gunslinger Landon Ricketts.

I don't care how they do it, but Javier Bardem better be somewhere in this film.

heres my casting ideas

RedDeadMovieCast.png
Jessica Alba a Mexican playing Bonnie a caucasian in the 1910's?

A 60+ year old Italian playing a 30-40 year old mexican? That's insulting

Trejo is ALL bad for Allende

Harrelson as Seth? I love that

And after playing the game more this weekend.... id say that now Pitt is perfect I can just imagine him being sarcastic like John.

Jessica Alba, Al Pacino, and Clint Eastwood.

Alba because well...I think it's obvious why.

And Pacino and Eastwood are both way too old for those roles.

Why do you think Pacino and Eastwood are too old?

Marshal Johnson is old, eastwood is that old, not only do they look similar, i think having eastwood in a new western movie would be unique. Even if it was just a small cameo.

I agree with what you all saying about pacino, back in the day he would of been perfect for the role but now hes just too old, but i dont know who would fit that bill now, i know he is italian but i went on phsyical likeness, plus the characters they have both portrayed in previous movies would of made him ideal. But my question is, who would you put in that role?

Pacino? Yeah.....

But Eastwood is EASTWOOD. That has to count for something.:o

But if not him, then definitely Sam Elliot for that role.

I think Sam Elliot is over used in films, yes he would be good in a western but he used that card in Ghost Rider the movie.

Daniel Radcliff for Jack Marston!

:awesome:

I thought about that but he should really be played by a young american actor

At one point i thought if you were going big budget then rise to fame Shia LeBouf - although i cant stand that actor i would imagine a studio putting him in such a role.

I would cast younger though, someone who has a good rebelious kid appeal to him... who isnt Michael Cena - maybe if i was to chose i would say... maybe Logan Lerman

Jessica Alba a Mexican playing Bonnie a caucasian in the 1910's?

A 60+ year old Italian playing a 30-40 year old mexican? That's insulting

Trejo is ALL bad for Allende

Harrelson as Seth? I love that

And after playing the game more this weekend.... id say that now Pitt is perfect I can just imagine him being sarcastic like John.

Ok first off i just want to say why do people hate Jessica Alba so much. I casted her in that role because think about it, they usually have a sexy female character that is way over the top for the role she does. Theron would be too serious, without the sexual tension between marston and bonne then people just wouldnt buy the realisum.

I chose Pacino on looks and character - but i realise now he is to old to play the part. Just because he is italian doesnt mean he cant play a mexican.

I dont know what you mean by Trejo being ALL Bad for that role? do you mean that in a good or bad way?

I like woody harrelson think he should be in more movies, when i first saw seth in red dead redemption i immediatly thought of him. One thing though - he would have to loose a serious amount of weight for the role.

Muse Watson as Landon Ricketts is the best out of that I believe...Josh Brolin is more like Marston than Urban
and alot of that casting is a huge ?

I want this film to do the game justice...but I just think it's going to be a dumbed down action flick. :(

Maybe i'm jaded.

i cant see how they can dumb it down to be honest - the movie is a western. put in the perfect cast and crew it will be great.

Ok first off i just want to say why do people hate Jessica Alba so much. I casted her in that role because think about it, they usually have a sexy female character that is way over the top for the role she does. Theron would be too serious, without the sexual tension between marston and bonne then people just wouldnt buy the realisum.

Off A I didn't mention anything abouting hating her(even though her acting is nothing to brag about) and B she is MEXICAN its bad enough she played Susan Storm but you think a Mexican can pull off playing a Full Caucasian women in the 1910's Amongst racial Tension and it would be ok? No no sir it wouldn't she is completly all bad for the role...
And C are you freaking kidding me? Theron can only be serious and can't create Sexual Tension??? Have you seen Reindeer Games?
Theron is an Amazing Actress and can be very chameleon like in her performances

I chose Pacino on looks and character - but i realise now he is to old to play the part. Just because he is italian doesnt mean he cant play a mexican.
Yes yes it does... Mexicans and Italians arents interchangable by your Logic why didn't they cast Deniro as Machete or Pacino as Zorro :o

Cuban's can pass as Mexicans,so can Puerto Ricans,Brazilians,Spainards,South Americans,Central Americans.... you know "Latins" not Italians... thas insulting.

I dont know what you mean by Trejo being ALL Bad for that role? do you mean that in a good or bad way?
I mean Bad,NO Good.. Trejo is all bad. Trejo is not right at all for that role.

I like woody harrelson think he should be in more movies, when i first saw seth in red dead redemption i immediatly thought of him. One thing though - he would have to loose a serious amount of weight for the role.
No he would I should lose some weight but not be the Spitting image of seth.. what's most important about seth is his Character,his body weight isn't crucial.

Last edited:
i cant see how they can dumb it down to be honest - the movie is a western. put in the perfect cast and crew it will be great.

They could completely rip out the soul of John Marston and have him just jump from one gunfight scene to the next.

Dear EVERYONE, BEFORE HATING ON BRAD PITT FOR THE ROLE, WATCH THE ASSASSINATION OF JESSE JAMES BY THE COWARD ROBERT FORD!!!!!

He's perfect for this role.

What a movie...I still have this DVR'd. I remember seeing that movie at the theater and saying to myself Brad Pitt has finally portrayed the best Jesse James yet

John Marston in the deadly assassin outfit :p
3719t.jpg

Last edited:
I want this film to do the game justice...but I just think it's going to be a dumbed down action flick. :(

Maybe i'm jaded.

If Rockstar actually has a big role in the development of this movie, then it won't.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"