Resident Evil Reboot

Matt Mortem

Karloff is King
Reaction score
Sure. Why not. It's been at least two weeks since the last Resident Evil movie. Why not reboot it.

http://variety.com/2017/film/global/resident-evil-reboot-cannes-film-festival-1202439086/

The “Resident Evil” movie franchise has not ended after all.

Details such as the reboot director, stars and how the reboot would fit into the franchise narrative are being kept under wraps. But Martin Moszkowicz, chairman of the board at Constantin Film, did confirm to Variety at the Cannes Festival that a reboot is in development at the giant German production company, which owns rights to the franchise and has produced all of its installments.

:hehe:
I'll stick with the animated movies, not great, but at least more guaranteed to be entertaining than any promised live action crap.

Maybe they'll skew closer to the games this time around. A boy can dream, right?

Maybe they'll skew closer to the games this time around. A boy can dream, right?

The horror thriller genre is currently being mined to its fullest.
They could also collab with Blumhouse while they're at it.

A legit adaptation of the first game, with perhaps elements of Zero thrown in, would make for a great horror flick. I say Constantin should take the chance and make a full horror film out of it. No goddamn kung fu horse**** like we got in the last group of RE movies.

It's a cash cow. The movies make stupid money. Not surprised they're rebooting. Just surprised they're doing it so suddenly. The Final Chapter came out on blu ray last week ffs.

Resident Evil has always needed a reboot especially after the third one. They should've stopped there, let some time pass, then reboot it. Funny how they're announcing it so soon after the last ones but doesn't surprise me they've been sitting on the idea.

Hopefully it's a much better rendition this time around if it all goes through.

If it's close to RE1 or RE2 - sure, why not.

RE1 and Zero could make one movie. RE2 & 3 the next. There's tons of material.

I swear to God if Alice is in this at all I'm gonna scream. I don't think Anderson or Jovovich should have their hands in this. Nothing against them as people, but they had their go. Time for something new.

I was also thinking RE7 would be an interesting way to reboot the franchise. Adapt that story and then build your franchise from there?

As long as they do it correctly this time.

It made the last one made $157 million in China. Of course they are going to continue to try to milk that market. I wouldn't expect a more faithful version, either, as they are going to stick with the action formula to keep the Chinese audience.

They better not *** this up like they did first 7 or whatever garbage we got. I want my game characters, I want my mansion, I want a horror. I want zombies in tight halls and creepy unsettling vibe of exploring a mansion (and what mansion truly is). And I want damn good story so I can care about characters. I want RE1 in movie format.

And not this action flick superhero female garbage with zombies.

The brand puts butts in the seats so this is clearly happening. It makes one wonder how far it could go if they were actually any good (source accuracy or not).

I thought it was known for quite some time that a reboot was in the works?
I will not hold my breath on it getting any better though.

This should be like alien but in a Mansion with zombies.

Yeah, I wouldn't get my hopes up. They are not going to screw up the formula that gets them bank in China.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Holopaxume
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"