‘Resident Evil’ | Netflix Series

Finished the first episode after a few pauses. The Cerebus was actually not terrible. Giant mutant caterpillar? Interesting but immediately wasted potential.

Second episode begins with a failed attempt to crowd surf with zombies so already off to a great start.

I managed one episode. generally ****. I mean not shocking since with the exception of the first movie from what 20 years ago, everything live action they have made with this franchise has been ****.

(spoilers for episode 7 if anyone really cares)

patrick-bateman-american-psycho.gif

This is a franchise which has a man hooking a ****ing boulder to move it in order to fight a big spaghetti monster that was a man cosplaying as a Matrix character doing DBZ style instant transmission wombo combos and yet this show somehow finds a way to be more stupid and not even the funny way that RE5 was

(spoilers for episode 7 if anyone really cares)

View attachment 57339

This is a franchise which has a man hooking a ****ing boulder to move it in order to fight a big spaghetti monster that was a man cosplaying as a Matrix character doing DBZ style instant transmission wombo combos and yet this show somehow finds a way to be more stupid and not even the funny way that RE5 was

Wtf is that clip?

It makes about as much sense as anything else I have seen so far in this series. I'm roughly midway through episode 3 and you could rename this series, Wesker and Umbrella something else and totally not mistake it for a Resident Evil property but some other zombie apocalypse series instead.

Now that I see this as Resident Evil in name only, it is still not very good but at least now it is a middling quality zombie series. They could do better but it could be worse, it could be poorly based on Resident Evil. :o

So I just got to episode seven and I had no idea there would be a...

Blasker: Blade/Wesker cosplayer

Obviously I did not see the previous spoiler from a few pages back but I am so glad I did not because seeing that entrance for the first time was comical, especially when you see who else is in the room. :applaud

Another thing that has been obvious practically from the start of this series is despite it being a full decade of zombies, the Umbrella troops still don't wear zombie-proof armor. They may as well be walking around naked for all the good the stuff they do wear helps.

I have no intention of seeing this but I saw Trixie and Katya react to this and what was that Dua Lipa scene? :dry:

The Dua Lipa scene actually makes a crazy logical sense in context. Out of context you will definitely be confused.

The Giant Crocodile rampage was another waste of a good enemy. All it did was a lot of walking around and no actual killing anything before quickly being blown up by a rocket after magic kid tames it.

Then the briefest of teases a second season will include Ada Wong and the Tyrant.

Finally started it and am getting enjoyment out of the show. But not once has it felt like Resident Evil to me.

Finally started it and am getting enjoyment out of the show. But not once has it felt like Resident Evil to me.

I mean, the bat**** crazy stuff takes a little bit to get to. Trust me, when you remove the gameplay, this is kind of what RE is.

I mean, the bat**** crazy stuff takes a little bit to get to. Trust me, when you remove the gameplay, this is kind of what RE is.

We'll see, but so far it feels more WD or 28 Days Later.

Wtf is that clip?

The woman singing Dua Lipa is Evelyn Marcus, who is the executive in control of Umbrella in the past timeline. One of Wesker's daughters Billie is now like controlling Umbrella in the future timeline, and she controls Evelyn using like a tablet in case she needs her for something.

So basically she's demonstrating to her sister Jade that she can control Evelyn like a puppet.

So I finished it and my thoughts remain the same. It's not very good, but yet I somehow couldn't stop watching. The finale sets up a couple of interesting things, so I would probably watch another season.

But Jesus how many people does Jade have to get killed to realise before she stops doing stupid ****.

Jade was a super unlikable character IMO and honestly it felt like the writers didn't even care enough to even try in the slightest to make her likable which is what bothers me the most.

She got more people killed in this show than Umbrella or any of the bioweapons did which should say something but again that just goes to show you how awful the writing in this show was.

I'm still at a loss how Umbrella is still in existence and allowed to run and control their own city. How they have absolutely no security at their facilities after previous viral outbreaks.

The fact that the writers are actually selling this as "canon" and expect us to believe this is the same canon as the games is ridiculous.

None of this makes any sense. This can't be the same Umbrella from the games.

Jade is pretty dumb and unlikable. Same for Billie.

Jade gets a pregnant colleague killed for no reason, and there are literally no consequences for it.

Yeah that was ridiculous and then she says in the finale she won't **** up like that again and then gets some other people killed by releasing an unpredictable weapon she had no control over.

Learn your lesson for crying out loud.

Jade gets a pregnant colleague killed for no reason, and there are literally no consequences for it.
That was one of the major problems for their protagonist: a disasterous screw up who gets people killed and keeps failing to learn.

I thought teenage Billie was likeable but Jade just never seemed to learn or grow up.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"