Resident Evil Reboot

Watched this again, it's not a bad little movie really, just makes some poor decisions but I liked the cast a lot.

I see this snuck up to $38 million WW. I wonder if a sequel is on the cards?

I hope not.

No offence, but just because you didn’t enjoy it, it doesn’t mean that others didn’t as well. You do know that if a sequel is green-lit, you don’t have to go and watch it!!

The movie wasn't some impressive moneymaker.

I agree, but with all due respect, you do know that some people may actually gave enjoyed it despite its obvious (and not too obvious) flaws.

I enjoyed it and it was low budget enough that £38 million WW is a decent return.

I would like a new director having a go but I did like this cast and wouldn't mind watching them again. The mansion parts of the movie are really good. Give the sequel to someone like Julius Avery and I would be happy to see another one.

Debating on watching this, but don't want to pay $6 if I'm gonna hate it.

Waych this finally and oh man the leads were awful appreciated the call backs to the games the first zombie encounter , tyrant etc. But everything in between was a chore to get through

Waych this finally and oh man the leads were awful appreciated the call backs to the games the first zombie encounter , tyrant etc. But everything in between was a chore to get through
I’d probably be interested in seeing those nostalgia moments, but really why can’t they make these better? :csad:

Neal McDonough is good ive seen him do good work recently (Yellowstone) justified etc

But he was just bad here but hey a check is a check

Yeah McDonough went full cheese but he wasn't in the movie lots so I could tolerate it.

The movie is set in the 90's and kinda copied the cheesy horror elements of the time, which are beyond cheesy now.

But what can I say I still enjoyed it.

The mansion scenes were the worst parts of the film. They did RE1 so dirty with this pos. :funny: I'd say the brightest spots of this film were the scenes where Birkin was chasing after the protagonists in the underbelly of Raccoon. Those parts were actually kind of suspenseful, and Birkin himself looked kind of intimidating when he was in the middle of his transformation. Less so when he was fully transformed though.

The cast wasn't my problem with the movie either, but I just don't see the financial viability of making a sequel to this when the first entry wasn't received all that well to start with.

I mean $38 million WW on a $25 million dollar budget isn't that impressive, especially when you consider that the last RE movie which was an abomination still managed to make $300M+ WW.

If they make another one with this cast, it will definitely do worse than Welcome to Raccoon City IMO even if they get a different director which is why the best option is to just reboot it in a couple of years.

I mean just look at how badly The Suicide Squad did and that was a great movie IMO compared to the lackluster/disappointing 2016 movie.

The girl who played Jill was charming and likable enough, but it still didn't really feel like Jill. Clair and Chris were cast okay, but imo everyone else was either terrible, miscast and/or mischaracterised lol.

The girl who played Jill was charming and likable enough, but it still didn't really feel like Jill. Clair and Chris were cast okay, but imo everyone else was either terrible, miscast and/or mischaracterised lol.

My main concern was that smashing together R1&2 would basically marginalize Jill and it looks like I wasn't wrong. R2&3 were the stories that happen almost concurrently with each other. Even then, Leon and Claire never come into contact with Jill, Carlos, et al.

I mean you want female heroes, Jill is one of the biggest heroes of the earlier games. She had her own game as the protagonist in RE3, and she had her own campaign in RE1.

They made Claire the lead at the cost of Jill.

The whole business about this being faithful to the games was nothing more than lip service.

The cast wasn't my problem with the movie either, but I just don't see the financial viability of making a sequel to this when the first entry wasn't received all that well to start with.

I mean $38 million WW on a $25 million dollar budget isn't that impressive, especially when you consider that the last RE movie which was an abomination still managed to make $300M+ WW.

If they make another one with this cast, it will definitely do worse than Welcome to Raccoon City IMO even if they get a different director which is why the best option is to just reboot it in a couple of years.

I mean just look at how badly The Suicide Squad did and that was a great movie IMO compared to the lackluster/disappointing 2016 movie.

Never know this could become a cult hit and I doubt the sequel would have a huge budget either. Though I do get what you’re saying.

Up to just under $42 million WW now according to the-numbers.com.

Didn't mind the cast (minus Wesker's actor). I did mind the characterization of everyone.

While I'm still not particularly fond of cramming RE1&2 together, I could somewhat admire what they were trying to do with being a RE1&2 Best Bits Collection, it was just the execution.

The pieces were there, it was the execution.

If this universe continues, bring in a new team team.

Didn't mind the cast (minus Wesker's actor). I did mind the characterization of everyone.

While I'm still not particularly fond of cramming RE1&2 together, I could somewhat admire what they were trying to do with being a RE1&2 Best Bits Collection, it was just the execution.

The pieces were there, it was the execution.

If this universe continues, bring in a new team team.

I think that's where I am at, I admired what they were going for but a lot of didn't work. What did work was good but if we get a sequel give us a new writer and director.

I watched it. While not a great movie I thought it was overall enjoyable. Even with its lower budget and sometimes questionable directions, I enjoyed it way better than the later installments of the high budget trash that was called Resident Evil for many years before. Yes, I enjoyed certain elements from the other film series as well. But I said what I said.

I was always aware of RE as a game franchise and I knew the old movies (saw the first one when it came out) but never really 'got' the hype. However last year I played the RE2 remake and it completely blew me away. Amazing game and I loved the slow pacing and puzzle solving, the atmosphere and it was just overall a really great experience. RE3 remake was also good but a bit worse overall. The new movie definitely gets closer to what a RE movie should be, but it can still be summed up as 'missed potential' IMO.

In general I consider it a big shame with zombie movies that they're always rushing to get through the outbreak so that they can get to the big action scenes with a horde of zombies closing in on our main characters. Personally I'd rather see it slowly unfold, similar to how it feels in RE2 where things are just slowly getting worse and worse. In terms of character designs I don't mind an updated look of the characters from the video games, because IMO they don't need to look 100% the part, but the bigger offense was getting the characters so wrong. Leon in this movie was a joke and he wasn't "rookie cop who is in over his head but working to solve the situation and learning" like in the game, instead he comes off as incompetent and doesn't even seem comfortable around a gun. Whoever wrote this movie must have really hated that character because nothing about him feels like the character we know.

if u haven’t already, you should play RE7. One of the scariest experiences you could ever have.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"