• We experienced a brief downtime due to a Xenforo server configuration update. This was an attempt to limit bot traffic. They have rolled back and the site is now operating normally. Apologies for the inconvinience.

Revenge of the Sith Revenge of the Sith Apreciation Thread

Can you explain to me what about this film makes it your favourite?
I've noticed there's been a huge turnaround in the perception of this film, and I just... don't get it.

The short answer is that it's the darkest of the 11 films. Star Wars, as an entire franchise, is built on the narrative of the most powerful Jedi (at the time, at least) being seduced by the dark side of the Force. We finally got to see the most important moment in the entire story's narrative.

Moreover, it was done in a way that I never thought Lucas would consider. We saw the beheading of Dooku, the brutal slaying of Mace Windu, the Jedi Purge, and the slaughter of the younglings. When Anakin landed on Mustafar to murder the Separatist leaders, we saw the birth of a villain that had haunted so many of our dreams during childhood. It was breathtaking.

It doesn’t had stupid humerous moments, not so much over-the-top action sequences and Hayden‘s acting was way better.
I liked his portrayal of Anakin in this one - two different characters if you compare him to AotC

The only complaint I had, was that the scenes on Kashyyyk were too short and the fight between Obi Wan and Vader was sometimes too much like a video game (It was fine in the mining control center but too over-the-top on the lava waterfall and river)

The short answer is that it's the darkest of the 11 films. Star Wars, as an entire franchise, is built on the narrative of the most powerful Jedi (at the time, at least) being seduced by the dark side of the Force. We finally got to see the most important moment in the entire story's narrative.
Revenge of the Sith is the darkest of the Skywalker saga for sure, but I'd argue that Rogue One is the darkest Star Wars film for the simple fact that the heroes don't make it out alive. Sure, it ends leading into ANH with Leia receiving the Death Star plans but it came at the cost of literally seeing the main protagonists get vaporized.

Revenge of the Sith is the darkest of the Skywalker saga for sure, but I'd argue that Rogue One is the darkest Star Wars film for the simple fact that the heroes don't make it out alive. Sure, it ends leading into ANH with Leia receiving the Death Star plans but it came at the cost of literally seeing the main protagonists get vaporized.

While Rogue One was pretty dreary at the end, I'd still content that Anakin going to the Jedi Temple was the most shocking moment of the entire SW saga. While they were Padawan learners, they were still kids, and he wiped them out. That scene alone tells the tale of how far Anakin had fallen.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"