Return of the Jedi

I like somethings in this movie better then other things.

Id place it along side revenge of the sith.

Sith had a better ending, but its not better than Jedi.

No its not better. I think there pretty equal in terms of quality but jedi is more classic.

I prefer Sith tbh but I agree with what others have said, I think the end Vader vs. Luke battle is more powerful and emotional than Obi-Wan vs. Anakin. I love in Sith how the Yoda vs. Sidious battle is mixed in with Anakin and Obi-Wan's though, you really get a sense of the battle to end all battles!

As a kid though I remember enjoying ROTJ the most out of the OT.

I prefer Sith tbh but I agree with what others have said, I think the end Vader vs. Luke battle is more powerful and emotional than Obi-Wan vs. Anakin. I love in Sith how the Yoda vs. Sidious battle is mixed in with Anakin and Obi-Wan's though, you really get a sense of the battle to end all battles!

Yoda vs. Sidious f***ed it up for me.

"into exile I must go"? "failed, I have"?

uuuuh... how exactly, Yodester? you were actually doing pretty well there before you *****ed out of it. oh yeah, I guess the script demanded it.

just one of the many of the fine examples of how poor and lazy the writing on the prequels was. :whatever:

Jedi rocks!!! Definately one of my favorite scenes is Luke slicing through Jabba's thugs on the sandbarrage, and totally beating Boba Fett. Oh, and the green saber kicks tons of ass!

Jedi rocks!!! Definately one of my favorite scenes is Luke slicing through Jabba's thugs on the sandbarrage, and totally beating Boba Fett. Oh, and the green saber kicks tons of ass!

A. Luke doesn't slice anyone, he just seems to whack the bad guys with his saber.
B. He does nothing to Boba Fett. Fett fires some wire around him, and Luke just breaks it.

A. Luke doesn't slice anyone, he just seems to whack the bad guys with his saber.
B. He does nothing to Boba Fett. Fett fires some wire around him, and Luke just breaks it.
:whatever: Okay, since it means so much to you. Luke slices through Fetts damn rifle so yeah he pretty much took care of him.

The Han Solo rescue was the best scene in ROTJ.

:whatever: Okay, since it means so much to you. Luke slices through Fetts damn rifle so yeah he pretty much took care of him.

I forgot about that. But still, Fett is more than just a guy with a gun. It's Han and the Sarlac who ultimately take care of him.

Well, it was one long scene anyway. I think you can count Luke vs Vade and Vader vs Emperor as one long scene.

-Luke as a Jedi should of used more Jedi movies.

-The lightsaber battle should of been alot longer,have choreography,more dialogue,and it should of been more epic.

-They should of cut the scenes that showed Ewoks taking on stormtroopers,and defeating them.(jumping on them,throwing rocks at them)

-We should of seen the rebels kill stormtroopers on Endor,and stormtroopers killing the rebels as well.(It should of been a huge war)

-The second Death Star kinda sucked,it should of been something new,like have the rebels try to destroy a facility that makes the clones,and it's the place that would also cause all the microchips inside the clones brains to explode,where the emperor would no longer have an army.

-The Boba Fett fight should of been better.

One thing that we can all agree on is that the prequels made Return of the Jedi much more important. It made an actual return of a Jedi after the Purge.

Anyone agree?

I agree Warhammer. Vader coming full circle has much more meaning now and seeing Yoda die in ROTJ is more powerful after seeing him in his prime in the prequels.

I personally think that yes, ROTJ is the "weakest" of the three, but that's really too harsh sounding a word for what it was. True, the Ewoks were not the best choice (Noghri would have been nice), but it was the most entertaining.
Luke trying to save his father instead of kill him was definitely one of the best story arcs.
I wish it had been a little more sci-fi, though. It was almost too "fantasy," what with the woods, and the rancor, and a very grounded feel. Empire and ANH were in space half the time.

I personally think that yes, ROTJ is the "weakest" of the three, but that's really too harsh sounding a word for what it was. True, the Ewoks were not the best choice (Noghri would have been nice), but it was the most entertaining.
Luke trying to save his father instead of kill him was definitely one of the best story arcs.
I wish it had been a little more sci-fi, though. It was almost too "fantasy," what with the woods, and the rancor, and a very grounded feel. Empire and ANH were in space half the time.

True, I also feel that there wasn't enough focus on Luke and Vader. They spent too much time with the Ewoks and Han & Leia.

jedi is my favorite out of the original movies. palpatine was so freaken evil. and it surpasses the prequels by a longshot. and the ewoks were pretty interesting in that they were a metaphor for the vietcong. Such a primitive army able to take down a technological advanced military. oo and btw if not for jedi, many geeks would not have had their first erections:o
dss.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"