RIP Celebrity Thread - Part 4

Wow these past couple of weeks have been pretty rough man and once again we have lost another great, underrated actor that never got the recognition he deserved in Hollywood.

Loved him in Goodfellas, Vice City, Cop Land, Narc and a really underrated Kurt Russel film called Unlawful Entry and its sad that he never really made a full comeback.

Rest In Peace Mr. Liotta.

I think the first movie I saw him in was Something Wild with Melanie Griffith and Jeff Daniels. It was a remarkable performance and he was just a tremendous actor. RIP brother. A movie I highly recommend.
Not sure if it was the first I saw him in, but it was he first that made me take notice of him and say to myself I have to look for more stuff with him in it.

RIP, mr Liotta. Amongst many great known roles, one IMHO underrated character (and so is the film) I foundly remember him playing was Jack Doheny in Powder Blue. I also always loved the Christmas episode in Just Shoot Me, in which he played himself with great humour and a ridiculous amount of self distance. I was hoping to enjoy more performances from him in years to come. Damn..

Today is also a sad day for Depeche Mode fans; Founding member Andy Fletcher dies at 60 years old:

Depeche Mode keyboardist Andy Fletcher dies

RIP, mr Fletcher. Your music will always live on.

Last edited:
Today is also a sad day for Depeche Mode fans; Founding member Andy Fletcher dies at 60 years old:

Depeche Mode keyboardist Andy Fletcher dies

RIP, mr Fletcher. Your music will always live on.

RIP Alan White, drummer of progressive rock group Yes.
A bad day for music fans. I remember seeing Depeche Mode at Wembley in 1997 (I think). They were fantastic. Never a huge fan of Yes, but I liked some of their stuff and they were certainly giants of prog. RIP Andy Fletcher and Alan White.

A bad day for music fans. I remember seeing Depeche Mode at Wembley in 1997 (I think). They were fantastic. Never a huge fan of Yes, but I liked some of their stuff and they were certainly giants of prog. RIP Andy Fletcher and Alan White.
Both are a loss. Classic rockers are aging out. :(

Actor Bo Hopkins has died at age 80 Bo Hopkins, American Graffiti Actor, Dies at 80 Hopkins was known for such action films as THE WILD BUNCH, THE GETAWAY, WHITE LIGHTNING, THE KILLER ELITE, and POSSE,,,,dramas like MIDNIGHT EXPRESS, MONTE WALSH, THE CULPEPPER CATTLE COMPANY, and THE NEWTON BOYS....comedies like AMERICAN GRAFFITI, MORE AMERICAN GRAFFITI, and HILLBILLY ELEGY....and horror films TENTACLES, MUTANT, and FROM DUSK TO DAWN 2.
Bo-Hopkins-936x527.jpg

Actor Bo Hopkins has died at age 80 Bo Hopkins, American Graffiti Actor, Dies at 80 Hopkins was known for such action films as THE WILD BUNCH, THE GETAWAY, WHITE LIGHTNING, THE KILLER ELITE, and POSSE,,,,dramas like MIDNIGHT EXPRESS, MONTE WALSH, THE CULPEPPER CATTLE COMPANY, and THE NEWTON BOYS....comedies like AMERICAN GRAFFITI, MORE AMERICAN GRAFFITI, and HILLBILLY ELEGY....and horror films TENTACLES, MUTANT, and FROM DUSK TO DAWN 2.
Bo-Hopkins-936x527.jpg
Bo-Hopkins-936x527.jpg
He's one of those supporting actor guys I saw in so many movies.....RIP.

Actor Charles Siebert has died at age 84 Charles Siebert, ‘Trapper John, M.D.’ actor, dead at 84 Siebert was best known for his seven years as Dr. Riverside on TRAPPER JOHN M.D. He is of note to the posters here on the Hype for being in the pilot movie for the Bill Bixby/Lou Ferigno THE INCREDIBLE HULK TV series.

RIP Melanie Pillman. 25 years after Brian Pillman passed. They are reunited eternally. Condolences to Brian Pillman Jr.

Director Gary Nelson has died at age 88. He directed such movies as THE BLACK HOLE, ALAN QUATERMAIN AND THE LOST CITY OF GOLD, and SANTEE.

Fantasy artist Ken Kelly has died at age 76 KISS / RAINBOW / MANOWAR Artist KEN KELLY Dead At 76 I got to meet him at a con around 15 years ago. I got him to sign several prints and I also got him to do a Doc Savage sketch for me. I loved his artwork. It was very similar to Frank Frazetta's. Some people complained about that, saying he was ripping off Frank. What they didn't know was....Ken was the nephew of Frazetta's wife, and he had been taught by Frank.
Here are some samples of his work...
AE_0622_KenKellyjpg-979x653.jpg

MDJ_KenKelly_Header.jpg

kelly-love1.jpg

It has just been announced that actor Brad Johnson died in February from Covid at age 62 Brad Johnson, Actor in Steven Spielberg’s ‘Always,’ Dead at 62 Johnson is most famous for starring in Steven Spielberg's ALWAYS. He also starred in FLIGHT OF THE INTRUDER, PHILADELPHIA EXPERIMENT II, SOLDIERS OF FORTUNE INC, LEFT BEHIND 1,2,and 3, and RIVERWORLD.

RIP Brad Johnson. According to Wikipedia, his passing was noted in early March 2022. But the mainstream press announced it only yesterday. Weird.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
iamjonahlobe
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"