Rosario Dawson as Ahsoka Tano...

EoG3_f-XMAYpDVe.jpg

images

Hadn't realized (apperannatly already established in the cartoon) how much her sabre handles resembles katana and wakizashi, obviously with the pairing, but I mean also with the rectangular flat and curved handles, diamaond design etc.
That’s really cool. Very intricate weapons.

She is first proper Jedi we saw since original trilogy.

She's not actually a Jedi. It's strangely never brought up in the episode, but she left the Jedi order some time before the purge and fall of the republic. Hence why she has the white lightsabers.

She's not actually a Jedi. It's strangely never brought up in the episode, but she left the Jedi order some time before the purge and fall of the republic. Hence why she has the white lightsabers.

She's still more or less a "Jedi" though, even if she doesn't use the moniker.

Because she's probably a Jedi again. That said I assume the title of the episode is in reference to the order, not Ahsoka.

Ahsoka and the order is a complicated enough subject that they probably thought it best to not dive into that when she's at the moment just a supporting character. They'll probably go into that when/if they make her a lead on a new show.

This is a nice visual reminder that confirms that Dave Filoni said about
The Mando stuff possibly taking place before the ending of Rebels
I have a hard time seeing Filoni's comment as anything other than just a very coy confirmation that this is before the final scene of Rebels, everything falls a lot more neatly into place with the episode placed there.

I have a hard time seeing Filoni's comment as anything other than just a very coy confirmation that this is before the final scene of Rebels, everything falls a lot more neatly into place with the episode placed there.
Oh, I agree. It's just that I've seen some people getting very angry about this because some reference book that Dave didn't write placed that scene in 5 ABY. :D

She's still more or less a "Jedi" though, even if she doesn't use the moniker.

It's certainly a gray area, and was done I think in part to skirt around the canon of Luke being the last Jedi by the time Yoda dies (also why Ezra gets thrown into the unknown regions), but it's a big part of her character at least as far as Rebels that she is not apart of the order. It begs the question to me what Jedi she was referring to that could be summoned by the beacon at Tython. Other than herself, there would only be two options that we know of, and one of them is presumed MIA.

It's certainly a gray area, and was done I think in part to skirt around the canon of Luke being the last Jedi by the time Yoda dies (also why Ezra gets thrown into the unknown regions), but it's a big part of her character at least as far as Rebels that she is not apart of the order. It begs the question to me what Jedi she was referring to that could be summoned by the beacon at Tython. Other than herself, there would only be two options that we know of, and one of them is presumed MIA.
Its safe to assume Ezra and Luke aren't the only living Jedi. There were what...10,000 during the Clone Wars. Spread across the galaxy, and not all would have been around Clones when Order 66 was issued.. Some would have been on sick leave on various worlds, some in civillian hospitals, some on shore leave, some probably were AWOL because they didn't believe Jedi should be fighting a war, some would have been MIA etc. Vader and his Inquisitors hunted down a lot, but odds are good there are more than 2 in the galaxy. And some of them would have taken apprentices like Kanan did with Ezra. If even 1% survived the 30 years since the Clone Wars thatd be around 100.

Its safe to assume Ezra and Luke aren't the only living Jedi. There were what...10,000 during the Clone Wars. Spread across the galaxy, and not all would have been around Clones when Order 66 was issued.. Some would have been on sick leave on various worlds, some in civillian hospitals, some on shore leave, some probably were AWOL because they didn't believe Jedi should be fighting a war, some would have been MIA etc. Vader and his Inquisitors hunted down a lot, but odds are good there are more than 2 in the galaxy. And some of them would have taken apprentices like Kanan did with Ezra. If even 1% survived the 30 years since the Clone Wars thatd be around 100.

I think the "apprentice" angle really shouldn't be understated. Yes, the odds that a random Jedi in hiding finds another person with force sensitivity to train might be astronomical. However, the Force does not care about probability. It knows where you live, and can't compel your action but can whisper loudly and obnoxiously in your ear every time you try and relax. *ahem*

Also potentially relevant angle: Inquisitors and other miscellaneous Dark Side adepts. When the Emperor died, Vader died, and the Empire fell, the structure they were indoctrinated to follow disappeared. Its not impossible that a non-zero number reacted by doing something more constructive than "Get killed" or "Go be an independent villain".

( The more I contemplate the topic, the more I really, really hate the Sequel Trilogy's obvious desire to wipe the slate clean. Its the laziest, least creative method of creating a setting for your story. . . )

I think the "apprentice" angle really shouldn't be understated. Yes, the odds that a random Jedi in hiding finds another person with force sensitivity to train might be astronomical. However, the Force does not care about probability. It knows where you live, and can't compel your action but can whisper loudly and obnoxiously in your ear every time you try and relax. *ahem*

Also potentially relevant angle: Inquisitors and other miscellaneous Dark Side adepts. When the Emperor died, Vader died, and the Empire fell, the structure they were indoctrinated to follow disappeared. Its not impossible that a non-zero number reacted by doing something more constructive than "Get killed" or "Go be an independent villain".

( The more I contemplate the topic, the more I really, really hate the Sequel Trilogy's obvious desire to wipe the slate clean. Its the laziest, least creative method of creating a setting for your story. . . )
Haha, I've always thought of the Force as obnoxious.

Not to rain on the Ahsoka parade. I understand she's a popular character and precious to a lot of fans. However, I can't help but be bothered that her being alive right in this timeline is problematic.

Because they created this character post prequel trilogy. And now they've made Ahsoka such a powerful and important character who has been at the center of a lot of big events, and yet she's never referenced talked about or seen at all until after all the major moments in the films were already done and depicted.

Like why did Luke never encounter Ahsoka before? Why didn't Ahsoka help Luke? If she did, why would Luke never bring her up or tell Yoda about her? Why would Yoda say Luke is the last of the Jedi when he really isn't? I get you can sort of actively retcon or hand wave these things, but it still kind of irks me.

For years Jango Fett was not a Mandalorian, straight from Lucas and Filoni. And now they gave that an out because he's a FOUNDLING.

So you can overrule George Lucas on Jango Fett, but you still have to have MACLUNKEY and Greedo shooting first?

This would be great to see in live action. Although I’d want to make sure the GA were properly clued up on the Clone Wars story between Ahsoka and Anakin before attempting it.

This would be great to see in live action. Although I’d want to make sure the GA were properly clued up on the Clone Wars story between Ahsoka and Anakin before attempting it.

Yea, I think so far they’ve walked that line where of course it adds a lot of context if the viewer knows who characters like Ashoka, Thrawn, and Bo are, but you don’t absolutely have to for the purposes of the show.

Yea, I think so far they’ve walked that line where of course it adds a lot of context if the viewer knows who characters like Ashoka, Thrawn, and Bo are, but you don’t absolutely have to for the purposes of the show.

I think the show threads the needle vis a vis having each character possess the *texture* of someone with prior appearances and stories, but where everything you actually need to know is in the story itself. And also, the presence of said texture and implication largely makes the viewer want to know more about them, rather than rendering them lost.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"